All Comments on 'Hey Sis...'

by lbenton

Sort by:
  • 51 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
WOW

Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The tears are still flowing!

What a beautiful, loving, tender story. Well done, and 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Problem

All food is genetically "enhanced"

Humans have been selectively breeding plants and animals to increase size and nutrition of over 30,000 years

Unless you are scrounging plants out of National Forests nothing you eat is "natural" and hasnt been once in your entire life

lbentonlbentonover 4 years agoAuthor
thank you for your coments

Remember it is just a story. and not all food is causing cancer. in fact there is no proof any food can cause cancer. enjoy the story. or find another to read. literotica is full of great stories. I know I read a lot of them. some of them I love. some of them I don't... but I enjoy them.

thank you

lee

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
All emotion and no brains. That's OK, art doesn't have to make sense.

Shit happens. Hope the kid learned that much. Wonder what he will blame it on when Amanda contracts a deadly disease helping her patients. Or maybe one or both of his children get killed by a drunk driver.

Hey, when that happens some author can write another tear jerker. Glad to see someone get some benefit from pain and suffering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Heartfelt m

I couldn’t stop the tears. Very emotional.

cageysea9725cageysea9725over 4 years ago
Would have, could have, should have...

It would have been a good story, but the fact that the mom, after missing four menstrual periods was surprised to discover she was pregnant, and claimed the baby in her belly was the size of a butter bean.

I guess avocado wouldn't have sounded as good as butter bean though.

Writers kind of have a responsibility to try to make the facts of their stories accurate, but especially when a theme is going to run through the entire story. It would have been so simple to correct. (Just so you know, morning sickness is generally long-over by the four month mark in a pregnancy, but you'd have known this with three minutes of online research).

The fact that the story basically started off unbelievable with these glaring errors ruined it for me.

I am curious though, why do so many characters in your stories have September 22 birthdays? I've read two of your stories, and have counted three characters with that birthday.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Brotherly love

Amazing. Brenda Kay R.I.P.😔

doejohnny64doejohnny64over 4 years ago
Yeah, I cried

Thanks for a sweet story.

Some commenters are just idiots. Please ignore them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
cute but creepy too

Brother was a little over the top and no one "corrected" the behavior to tone it down from brotherly love to obsessive.

And the father was almost non existent? Not much parenting done by him.

LonesomeBoy60LonesomeBoy60over 4 years ago
Good one dammit!!

Now my allergies are acting up, can't stop my eyes from watering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

One of the best stories I've read. I marveled at the relationship you entwined the brother and sister in and added in Amanda. I hated the passing of the sister but,, the lecture the father gives the son is spot on. I had tears for two chapters. I hope you have gotten a publisher to write other novels. Btw, loved the ending also.

ScotrickScotrickover 4 years ago
I failed

What a story!! One of the best I've ever read on Literotica. You grab one's emotions and play them like a musical instrument. Please write more stories like this.

Hardtwist55Hardtwist55over 4 years ago
Damn you!

Now my eyeballs are leaking...

FightingTardFightingTardover 4 years ago
Damned Dust

When did it become so damned dusty in here?

I think most of it got in my eyes.

That was a heck of a story

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wow

Mazing story. I'm past 70, a male, and my eyes kept leaking. Thank you.

Crusader235Crusader235over 4 years ago

If you wanted to envoke tears, you thoroughly succeeded. 5 Stars ain't enough.

ranec1ranec1over 4 years ago
Mean As!!

Chur bro awesum story

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Amazing

Lost family and friends. This story made me cry because it was so on point from the emotional standpoint

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Excellent story!

My God! Best story I've read here in so long, I cried, and I don't cry! Very good, really good! My hat is off to you, the best!

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterabout 4 years ago
Hot Damn, that was powerful!

Pure love.

My only perplexion was why the mother was scared. Yes, unplanned, but why did she expect the father or son to be upset? Oh, well... Life's little mysteries.

Superb story!

Davidj001Davidj001about 4 years ago
😢😭😢😭

Tok me 10 minutes before I see to write, dam fine story!!!

OvercriticalOvercriticalalmost 4 years ago
Almost

The devotion of the boy for his sister was almost over done, but it was very moving. I really enjoyed her first years, but was waiting for the shoe to drop. When it did i thought maybe there was going to be some remission or other reprieve, but that never happened. What really spoiled it for me was the highly politicized and probably completely inaccurate blaming of cancer on GMO foods. There has NEVER been a verified case of cancer being caused by these highly beneficial foods. Clearly the author has been thoroughly indoctrinated by the political zombies who need no fact or verification to spout their lies. 5* for the story and -5* for the politics.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Such a beautiful tear jerker

MoogPlayerMoogPlayerover 3 years ago
WOW!!!

I have to tell you that in all my life, I've NEVER read a finer and so beautifully written story such as this. God bless you my friend. You do indeed have what it takes to be a great writer. As I just said, this is excellent work...so much better than ANYTHING I could EVER write, thank for sharing this with us.

MoogPlayer

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 3 years ago

What Overcritical said!

Cheers

SAGE

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
TOO FUNNY!

The old GMO bullshit. it will kill us all!!! RIGHT... there is proof! what proof? somebody said so...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wow & yes a excellent story 😹

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Exceptional, nothing more needs to be said!

pummel187pummel187over 2 years ago

Even though no one reads comments I have to tell you anyway:

First the God of Abraham does intercede in the affairs of of men, all of heaven was emptied out when the Father gave His only begotten, to take on the garb of humanity, hung on a tree between heaven and earth, and then raised on the third day so that all who believe on him may have eternal life..

(2) please read the kjv bible, we are in the last days and Christ will return like a thief in the night

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 2 years ago

Splendid story! I did cry.

5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

THANK YOU !

VERY GOOD

HassieHassiealmost 2 years ago

Wonderful it really touched my heart.

Diecast1Diecast1almost 2 years ago

What a great heart felt story. Loved it. AAAAAA++++++

AileyInnAileyInnalmost 2 years ago

Wow! A great story! Thank you for it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I really liked the story, but you brought out the self righteous jerk in me and I have to feed it. Sorry.

1. GMOs are pretty much the only thing keeping us from global starvation on an unimaginable scale.

2. Free will is pretty much the worst of all the theodicies.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I lost 3 friends to glioblastoma multiforme in 7 years. All 3 were 48 years old. The first and last were brothers. The elder lived 4 1/2 years and died in his own bed 5 days after he fell and couldn't get up without help. The younger brother had a grand mal seizure waiting on a CAT scan. Paralyzed on his left side, he died exactly 15 weeks later.

His mother and sister cared for him. A month before he died, I rolled him out on the porch for a cigarette. He pulled a joint out of a bag and lit up. I said, "We can't do that. Your Mother is just inside!" He said, "What's she gonna do? Kill me?"

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Extension on last post...

Roundup has been around for 60 years and no legitimate research has shown it to be harmful if used properly. The EU court threw out a class action suit against Akzo brought by greenie weenies for that reason. What is their problem, you might ask? My cousin grows GM wheat in Oklahoma. The seed wheat is immune to Roundup, so they can treat a whole field for weeds.

Noneseriously10Noneseriously109 months ago

You've got a REAL talent for this, keep it up...just not here. Nothing kills your boner quicker than crying your eyes out. Tho, Let me know where your next drama is gonna be located & I'll check it out with Tissues prepared this time and a 2nd set of eyes with no emotions to read the rest to me when I can't see thru the ocean that is my face.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman7 months ago

One of my top 10 Heart Warming stories.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Thank you for this one.

For sure Genetically Modified foodstuffs may lead to side effects like cancer, what about people being forced to consume recycled water, breathe in contaminated air with heightened radio activity, and a host of other harmful man made chemicals mankind has been exposed to over the last century?

The only solution to prevent a person from suffering sickness and disease caused by mankind's drive to enrich themselves is to simply stop breathing.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I dunno, Roy's actions early in his mother's pregnancy may be perceived as creepy.

That, and the following years interactions between Roy and Jessica doesn't seem natural either, more over

dramatically presented. It simply seemed forced upon the reader.

Still a good read, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

There’s nothing like a 51 year old man crying his eye out like this. I really needed it because of medical issues brought on by someone else. Even though I know the reality, I don’t think I’ve come to tums with it since the diagnosis 15 mths ago. Do don’t have any family or close friend I can ask for help. Or even anyone I can completely trust. I would give anything to have someone car for me 1/4 of the amount he cared for his sister. An increadable story !!!!!!!!!

miqael69miqael693 months ago

A good writer takes the reader on journy of story. A great writer takes the reader on journy of feelings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I cried

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

An 82 year old man is leaking like a faucet. A wonderful story. Five maximum stars from me.

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

Justone aside. A four month fetus is about 4.5 inches in size. You should have used a different month of gestation. Not to take away from an engrossing five stars story.

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymous20 days ago

At 5 years 9 months, I lost my 4 year-6 month sister Kathryn to a rare kidney cancer. At 75 years 6 months I lost my 70 year-9 month old wife Kathryn to a rare cancer. The sad thing is that research to cure rare cancers is more difficult because rightly research fund have to be directed to the benefit of most people. Please generously help support all cancer research. Remember, the more funds available, the more people with rare cancers can be also helped.

Obviously, I have given the author a 5, especially for shining a light on the need for cancer research.

The Hoary Cleric

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userlbenton@lbenton
I am a 60 year old man that has been forcibly retired due to a stroke. to keep myself sane, I have been writing erotica and other short stories.

SIMILAR Stories