All Comments on 'High Interest Loan Ch. 01'

by AltheaRose

Sort by:
  • 50 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Superb story. On chapter two you mix up Alex and Sean's named - "Alex's dick" somewhat undermining the story. Look forward to more

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
6/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Wow, this is phenomenal. Congrats, and well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Amazing

There is no other word to describe this. Can't wait for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
You are really good!

Nobody does it better. I love your characters.

yesterdaysyesterdaysover 8 years ago

Another well-written, character-driven, and very hot story from the talented Althea Rose. Thanks...

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Well written

Excellent writing.Really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the next installment

EOLoverEOLoverover 8 years ago
Amazing...

Please post soon

thebuffalothebuffaloover 8 years ago

It is a damned shame 5 stars is top of the mountain. This deserves a galaxy of its own.

sandymonroesandymonroeover 8 years ago
Great!

I really enjoyed this character development! Please write Ch 02 soon! Pretty please!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Confused

I am confused. She practically seals her best friend and lover together on purpose. Then says she has destroyed her life. No kidding! I can't wrap my head around this. If her best friend was dying of a terminal illness or some other trauma. This was just a free vacation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Superb combination

HIL Ch. 1 is a superb combination of interesting (plot, characters, issues), titillating, and close to a favorite personal fantasy extension with a small real-world basis. Well-written, far above the average level around here. This is one of the best (or at least my favorite) stories on the site. Please give us Ch. 2 soon--but don't rush it, craft it!

WoodsLord_3540WoodsLord_3540over 8 years ago
Superb

AltheaRose,

You have introduced your characters into an amazing situation. You are emulating real life to a high degree. So often, we think we have a solution to problems, and we go off on an extreme tangent. This is why I often joke that I want a boring life.

I say Five stars and a great big Wow. Cannot wait for part II.

legsfeettoeslegsfeettoesover 8 years ago
Very Well Done

One of the best stories I've read hear. As was stated before, it's too bad 5 stars is the highest rating. This deserved more. Looking forward to more of this tale.

bigdt101bigdt101over 8 years ago
Can't wait for more!

Great story, beautifully written.

Can't wait for the second instalment.

jpl7490jpl7490over 8 years ago
Awesome

If I read the plot right I see that Alex is giving back to Donna the love and care she received when she moved into womanhood. As she was alone and adrift then and Donna has become now, well at least in her own mind and I guess it's all the same.

Like most human relations it's not simple, me I'd never go for that but then I am not in the story

Looking forward to the next chapter with very great interest

Jean

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
One of the Best

This is one of the best written stories I've seen on Literotica. It's well written and the sex is not overdone. I am anxious for the next chapter.

lowkeyonelowkeyoneover 8 years ago
WOW and WOW

That was bloody fantastic, You are very talented and I am hanging for Chapter Two.

Locky..

ISKwestISKwestover 8 years ago
what and who is this story about?

On the surface, written with some psychological depth. There is a backstory, intended to give an insight into why Alex is the way she is.

As written, Alex comes across as confused, and apparently lacking in self-awareness - at least with respect one central action in the story. Specifically, she is pushing her boyfriend Sean and Donna together, under the pretense of helping Donna.

This does not ring completely true in the story. It's not that Alex is dishonest, just that she's not yet completely facing the reasons for her actions .. the reasons being whatever it is that is confusing her and what she's trying to figure out. That the story has her immediately fall into something with Beth after she sends off Sean and Donna implies that her issues are there and central to the point of the story.

So, where's the story going to go? Again, on the surface, there is something not good about where this is going. Alex is trying to solve a personal issue in the guise of 'helping' someone else, playing with other peoples' lives, in other words. Not consciously deliberate and malicious, but that's what happens with lack clear inner vision.

The two obvious alternatives: first, the fairy-tale, all's well that ends well, without really addressing Alex's issues. Second, the story does address Alex's issues as well as the consequences of how she has chosen to handle them. This alternative does not preclude a so-called happy ending.

Awaiting Ch 2.

janthepervertjanthepervertover 8 years ago
Excellent!

Loved it, looking forward to Chapter 2

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

As everyone else has said, incredibly well done. With so much care and concern for the characters and everything!!

I actually disagree with the last comment about Alex. Her conflict is that the relationship with Sean is genuine. The emotional driver of the story is that she *does* care for him even as she realizes that she's vulnerable/susceptible/desirous of sexual desire from women as well as Sean (men in general?). Both are real and genuine, and the movement isn't so much of "I thought I was straight, now I'm bi, actually it turns out I'm lesbian" but the feelings and emotions happen simultaneously. They're not mutually exclusive. (In at the sex scene with Sean, the love you just *feel*.) In other words, it's Alex's tension between wanting to feel desired and knowing that's she's loved that propels the plot and gives it a direction. She doesn't read as passive to me (her idea was Sean going on Donna's trip), just confused and conflicted.

The ability to limn emotions for all the characters is one of AltheaRose's amazing skills at the craft of writing. It's wonderful to read that kind of skill put to use, and it shows in her scene construction and dialogue.

I think the underdeveloped character is actually Sean. Obviously it's ~4000 words of many more, and that's ok to leave things unresolved at the end of Chapter 1. But the motivations of his character are opaque. The resolution of that has a bunch of potential directions, but also kinda directs the story in chapters 2, 3, etc. "He's just a guy, he wants sex" is kinda trite, you know? It might feel more real for it to be an emotional feeling that motivates his decisions, e.g. that he recognizes that their sex life is stunted and his own participation in that. Maybe he's not a great communicator about sexual desires and such, it would fit with Alex's self-discovery. And maybe his part to being with Donna is that that trip can improve communication and the sexual relationship that he has with Alex, who he really does love. Althea has a lot of options for that resolution.

As for the other two characters, Beth is predatory but well-done and, if not heartless (she's knowingly initiating an affair!), then at minimum a victim of her own lust. Beth's own self-realization (and how she understands or self-rationalizes moving forward in the story, like whether she hates that aspect of herself or whether she tells herself that she's just helping Alex see the light etc.) is what's going to drive her. Donna's character has a really nice arc from youthful sex power to beginning to feel, and becoming insecure about, aging. Her vulnerability (rather than just insecurity) isn't really narrated effectively yet, but that will come.

Again, great, amazing, fantastic work! SO MUCH TALENT IN ONE LITTLE STORY.

JoanneWrightJoanneWrightover 8 years ago
Sensational

Emailed my Hubby at work suggesting he MUST read it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Eroticism at its finest

Wanted to add my comment of 'fantastic!' to the list. The story is superb. It's well paced, the eroticism is realistic, not simply cue the porn music and suddenly everyone is getting it on. The characters enjoy sex, but their reticence to follow Alex's strange plan makes the story feel grounded and really adds to the excitement on their predicament. Alex's own misgivings about her own plan really make the whole thing relatable.

Tension is best word to encapsulate the story. At a glance it would appear everyone is getting what they want, Alex gets to help her friend, Donna gets to experience a week or release, Sean gets a week of girlfriend-approved novel sex, but like with real life, even when we get what we want, we're not sure how we feel about it when it actually happens.

Really looking forward to the next segment. I love the mystery of wondering what's going on during the vacation sexual romp. Will it change the power dynamics between the three when they get back? How will Beth play into the primary story? I'm looking forward to finding out!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
So good!

I do want to read much more about our protagonists.

Mwm2106Mwm2106over 8 years ago
Nice story line... unique and thought catching

Great start of an interesting merry-go-round in erotic fun/events. Look forward to additional chapters. Thanks

beretta84beretta84over 8 years ago
Captivating...

ok, i fell for the tease. now, when will we get the rest of the story? there is, potentially, so much more to this story. now, remembering that Beth was a Psych. major lends itself to myriad possibilities.

also, my compliments to the author for choosing to write in the first person. this lends an air of authenticity to the stories.

can't wait for the rest

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
more

more

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Looking forward to Ch 02

Great character development and really put me into such an intriguing situation.

Thank you

Michael142Michael142over 8 years ago
Thank you once again for…

…another wonderful story, my dear! You are quite an excellent storyteller … dialogue sounds legit and flows so naturally.

I also agree with your pairing of Champagne (or possibly mimosa) with Eggs Benedict. I am not a big fan of the bubbly so I would likely opt for the Bloody Mary with them (or possibly a lighter Chard).

Of course, food and the proper wine also pair well with sex, and I include them all quite liberally in some of my stories (not that you have to read them of course).

Looking forward to future installments of this story and others to come; you provide me with something worth my time to read on this site.

Regards,

M142

ProfDavrosProfDavrosover 8 years ago
Realistic and enticing setup

I really enjoyed the way you've established the relationships and the ambiguities between these friends.

Feelings often are "bit of this and bit of that" and our ability to accurately evaluate how we'll feel in a novel situation is variable. I like that Alex first thinks she's fond a solution to her friend's problem, which avoids her own discomfort, but then experiences that "OMG, what have I done" feeling.

Sean's reaction is enjoyable - no way plus "is this a test" is how many men would react. Logically thinking through the after-consequences another likely trait for me.

The power of relationships formed in shared circumstances like going to collage, first sexual encounters etc is strong and Alex's desire to help her friend Donna, understandable.

I like your writing, simple story line with complex possibilities, words flow easily off the page. Can't wait for the multiple views this start can generate.

antietampwantietampwover 8 years ago
Another winner!

I am always impressed with the terrific character development from this fantastic author. She keeps hitting home runs.

LeftofthedialLeftofthedialover 8 years ago
Great character development.

Really enjoy the story so far, can't wait to see what happens next.

anonintexas1999anonintexas1999over 8 years ago
Very nice

Some suspension of belief needed to picture someone so generous with her lover or naive, I guess but a great read overall.

qarlcueqarlcueover 8 years ago
Sweet, Smart, Sexy

Vivid, real-feeling writing like this pulls me into the character's head and emotions. I slipped into her skin and rode the coaster with her. Loved it. Thanks!

sexyshannon25sexyshannon25over 8 years ago
more........

I almost cried when the story ended, i so wanted to read more and more about what was going to happen

QuinceQuinceover 8 years ago
This is lovely!

Like it says in the subject line: touching, whimsical, and literate. Thank you for it.

GradStudentGradStudentover 8 years ago
Beautiful and sexy

Your story reads like it was written by a professional author letting their erotic side come out in annominity. The dialog comes across as very real.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 8 years ago
When a girl loans out her boyfriend...

to her best girlfriend, I see big problems looming. One of the three is going to be changed, which will affect all three of them. Oh well, it's just a story--and an excellent story at that. So much so, that I have to move on to Chapter 2 to find out what happened with Sean and Donna. At this point, I have no idea how this story will end up--that's why I have to continue reading.

AltheaRose, you've done a superb job of creating tension between every character in this story. Ten stars worth, at least.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Absolutely fantastic

Very well written. I love the gradual tension building. Which way are you going to take this ? Can't wait to read the next chapter.

maxpowers3333maxpowers3333over 8 years ago
Amazing

Great story!! I read these at work sometime and usually it's not a problem... with this one I had to stop reading and continue it at home.

very well written, I could picture everything in my mind.

regularguy13regularguy13over 7 years ago
Flawless in every way

wonderfully written. I'll have to check out all your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Well written, but a pathetic excuse for a protagonist

Althea Rose writes well— that’s not at issue. Her protagonist, this time around, suffers from sort of congenital skeletal deformation, apparently having been born with no spine.

The whole story is variations on ’I couldn’t help myself’, or ‘I just followed her orders,’ ‘as if it had a will of its own,’ or even “my conscience was overridden by my desire”. With as little will power this young woman has, it's just pure chance that she isn’t working for some pimp, turning a dozen tricks a night in Southie.

This piece clearly should be labeled Nonconsensual/Reluctance, as there is no category for “incapable of saying no to pretty much whoever asks”.

Other than my frustration with the protagonist, though, it’s a good story. I just wish that she’d do something because *she* wanted to for a change, and not merely to make someone else happy.

happywriter007happywriter007almost 6 years ago
Anonymous 10/13/17

You are obviously a great writer yourself. And have given this story ample thought. You raise great points, and I truly appreciate that.

At the same time, rather than being critical, I want to say that while you are right all 100%, we have to admit, this story kept us reading and away from super important things in life.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
An absolute pleasure

I really enjoyed the first chapter!

KingCuddleKingCuddlealmost 4 years ago
Skillfully written!

So...Chapter ONE is a "girl" story.

Told from inside the head of a female.

Fine.

But I'm a guy.

And Sean is observed, not felt.

In Chapter Two...Will we get Sean's interior monologues?

(I don't think so...:+))

Not impossible...We'll know...

I kept wanting to be in Aruba.

Yes, I'm straight.

And available! :+)) For a lucky contest winner!

Just in case you need a fresh Volunteer?

Kisssssssssssses...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A slow start, but when Beth showed up it went into overdrive.

Peter_ClevelandPeter_Clevelandover 2 years ago

Lovely. Chapter 1 is intelligently and gracefully written and very erotic. Plot-wise, there's a large hint of fantasy here, but the action still is plausible enough to work well. The voice-on-the-page--and the character Alex--are both complex and engaging. (The other characters aren't bad, either. "Sean" is perhaps not as well-developed as the female characters.)

I particularly like the broad-minded attitude displayed here towards love, sexuality, and sexual/romantic transgressions. (I am hoping that, by the end of the series, everybody doesn't get punished and hurt for daring to love beyond the boundaries of conventional morality.)

Five-stars-plus, for sure!

zooliciouszooliciousover 2 years ago

Amazing. I'm subscribing to this series.

G5902G5902about 2 years ago

Fantastic story!!! As I got closer to the end of this chapter I kept thinking please!!! I am so glad you wrote this back in 2015 and that I can jump right into the next chapter!

joeoggijoeoggi8 months ago

You are very good. Unreal situation but you made it believable…great characters

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAltheaRose@AltheaRose
2001 Followers
July 25, 2021 Friends, I have returned from an extended break and have posted a new story. I plan to post others, but not at a fast pace. Thank you.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES