High School Again? Ugh! Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That was a tough," I said, remembering the day I woke up to find Hebe in Ms. Valente's form. "Like the other days are easy." The goddess of youth kept Bridgette's form for some time before she decided to try something different. These days I woke up to a different woman every morning or at least a different woman's body. They all had Hebe's youthful exuberance and sex appeal. I think I was more surprised than she was at my ability to withstand the temptations she offered.

This morning she looked like Lily, the girl from Las Vegas who worked at the casino. She wasn't one of the toughest to ignore, but then again she wasn't an easy one either. The oddest reaction I had was when she took Mrs. Cognetta's form. I had no problem resisting Hebe that morning despite Connie being a very attractive woman, one I'd already slept with and enjoyed immensely. I guess it had to do with Mrs. Cognetta being Angelo's girl now. The human mind was an interesting thing. Thankfully, Hebe was smart enough not to try Tara's form. That would have been uncomfortable for both of us.

A few weeks ago, okay maybe months, I couldn't be sure, I started running around the island to try and keep my sanity. It gave me a break from the constant temptation. Hebe and I were getting along surprisingly well, but everyone needs some time alone. That's when I found the trail that led to the mountain and the steps that led to its top. I made it a goal to jog up them. They were pretty steep and there were a lot of them, but it was the fact that the air thinned as I got higher than made it hard. Today was the first time I made it to the top. I felt pretty good about it.

I was also curious about the view. The first day I found the steps I tried jogging up them. Despite being in good shape, I didn't even make it half way to the top before having to stop. Once I caught my breath I turned around and descended instead of continuing. I guess I decided subconsciously that seeing what was up top would be my reward for finally reaching it without stopping. There was a large flat area and some very old ruins. I was tempted to check out the ruins, but first I found a comfortable spot toward the edge and enjoyed the view while I caught my breath.

"Well, at least this is a different kind of crazy," I said to myself. "Thank God I'm not still stuck in high school anymore." Okay, if Hebe was right, I was still in high school, but only when we returned home. I'd almost welcome it if I could get off this Island. I'd spent some time search for an escape those first few weeks, but it didn't take a genius to realize Hebe was right. I wasn't going anywhere without some help. Truth be told, at this point I was starting to lose hope that it would ever happen.

"What's that?" I frowned, my thoughts thankfully distracted by something glinting in the sunlight. I hadn't realized that the island had two mountains until I saw the second one in the distance. I was on the taller of the two, but there was something more impressive about the other one. The reflection that caught my interest was a waterfall. It flowed to the base of the island. There was some sort of pool there that was difficult to make out. I couldn't tell if it was a simple plunge basin or a full blown waterfall lake. "Interesting, looks like I found my next goal."

After I caught my breath I wandered around the ruins for a few minutes. They were interesting in their way, but there wasn't much to them. All that was left of whatever had been here was a few stone columns. Maybe I'd ask Hebe about them one day. It would give us something else to talk about.

Our last conversation had been interesting. Hebe talked about her sons, Alexiares and Aniketos. She obviously loved them. I shared my memories of Becky, my niece who probably would never exist now. A lot of our conversations were deeper these days. Oh, we still joked and she still made sure to try and seduce me often, but we'd grown comfortable with each other.

I took my time going down the mountain. My legs were tired despite me being in the best shape of my life and I didn't want to end up tumbling to the bottom. That would be some fall! I decided to start looking for the other mountain and the waterfall tomorrow. I'd done enough for today despite it still being early. Right now, a nap sounded good.

It took me to lunch time to finally reach the place that Hebe and I were staying at. I was surprised to hear voices as I grew near. My heart started pumping faster as my hopes grew. Was this it? Was I finally going to be able to go home?

"Oh yes! Right there!" It was Hebe's voice, well Lilly's anyway. I frowned. There was no doubt what was going on. I guess she got tired of waiting for me to come around. The only questions were who had she found to take care of her needs and what did this mean to me?

"Hello," I said as I walked into the house. I don't know what I was expecting, but two more women, both naked and doing their best to pleasure Hebe wasn't it.

"One minute!" Hebe gasped, obviously close to her release.

"You're welcome to join us," one of the women offered. They were both dark. That was my first impression of them anyway. Their eyes were black pools. They looked at me hungrily, but not in a way that was completely lustful. There was something not right about them, something dangerous and mysterious. They were dressed in chains of all different sizes and shapes. The workmanship was impressive, but it did nothing to make them seem any less threatening. They weren't here to take me back home, of that I was certain.

"I'll wait outside for you to be done," I said, slipping out as quickly as I could. How could the sight of them both frighten and excite me at the same time? Weird shit. I took a walk down by the water to calm myself. The two women were gone by the time I returned.

"What's wrong?" Hebe laughed. "Did my nieces bother you?"

"Nieces?" I frowned. I guess I knew the Greek gods were into incest, but it still bothered me. Hebe laughed louder, obviously reading my thoughts.

"Those two should bother you," she said finally. "But not because of something as silly as incest. They are the Cabreri. I wouldn't suggest you allow yourself to be alone with them. Axierus and Axiocersa are my brother Hephaestus's granddaughters. They spent a lot of their time in the underworld. They're a bit off, dangerous really. I'm pretty sure that they do human sacrifices sometimes."

"Great," I sighed. "Are they going to be with us long?"

"No," she replied. "They're gone for now, but they'll be back. It's their job to report back to mother what's happening."

"So one spy isn't enough for Hera?" I asked. She just rolled her eyes. Hebe was in a good mood. No surprise there. I decided to tease her a bit. "At least they have some use while they're here. Did you enjoy yourself?"

"Definitely," Hebe replied, not even blushing. I should have known better. There was no way of embarrassing her that I could tell. "Of course, it would have been more fun if you joined in. I haven't been with a man in quite a while."

"And why's that?" I asked, remembering back to Vegas. "The goddesses with Aphrodite said something similar."

"I can understand your confusion," Hebe smiled.

I tended to focus on her eyes these days. First, it let me see her for herself as opposed to the women whose forms she kept taking. And second, they were the safest place to stare. I'd tried to get her to put some clothes for the first few weeks, but that hadn't worked out well. Hebe was a nudist in the true sense of the word. Of course, she was the goddess of youth so she never had to worry about aging body parts.

"You've met quite a few of members of my family, but ever since Zeus and the other male gods were exiled to Tartarus, my aunts, sisters, nieces and I have been confined to Olympus, at least we were until your arrival back into your eighteen year old body. That changed everything for some reason. Mom and the Moirae are pulling off the gloves."

"Lovely," I sighed. Something else that happened with Aphrodite's hand maidens popped into my head. "Can the gods come back from Tartarus?"

"It's possible," Hebe frowned. "Father used to use it as a punishment for the gods who really pissed him off. He let them come back once he calmed down. Why do you ask?"

"Because one of the goddesses with Aphrodite mentioned having slept with Dion the day before," I replied. "He was supposed to be a drunk god."

"Ah Dionysus," she smiled. "The god of wine. I guess it's possible that Aphrodite sprang him from Tartarus briefly. She's powerful enough and he's not one of the more dangerous gods, but I doubt even she'd go against..." Her voice trailed off as she realized she finally offered me a bit more information than she meant. She rolled her eyes and added, "Not that much more."

"Why the big secret?" I asked. "I thought you were here to explain things to me, not keep them hidden. I haven't learned anything new since that first day we arrived. I don't see how your silence is helping Hera."

"Hmm," she said thoughtfully. "I'll have to think about that, but just so you know the Moirae probably wouldn't give you the answer to that question either." I waited, but she didn't continue.

"I'm not in the mood for a nap anymore," I said in annoyance. "In fact, I've caught my second wind. I'm going for another jog."

"Have fun," she shrugged. "Axierus and Axiocersa tired me out anyway. A nap sounds like a great idea." She stretched sexily. I looked away quickly, but it didn't help. I started jogging down the beach once more to the sounds of her laughter. Maybe I should have been angry, but I wasn't. Hebe and I had been stuck on this island together for some time. Despite her constant attempts at seduction, I liked her. We got along surprisingly well.

We'd talked a lot over these last months. I might not have learned much more about what was going on, but I did learn quite a bit about Hebe. She also learned a lot about me. I wasn't sure it was a good thing, but talking to her felt natural. I could talk to Tara like this too, but with her it was different. She was the love of my life. Hebe was just a friend. Okay, not one I could really trust, but a friend none the less and I didn't have many of them these days. I shook my head and focused on the path in front of me as I continued to jog.

I didn't really expect to find the waterfall today, but a half hour later I found a trail I hadn't noticed before. To be fair, I was looking for it this time and that may have been the difference. I'd noticed part of it while on top of the mountain earlier and guessed where it probably came out to by the sea. I figured I'd follow it for a while and see if it brought me to the other mountain like I thought it would.

Two hours after that I was standing in front of one of the most beautiful sights I'd ever seen in my life. The waterfall cascaded down into a wide, deep pool. The sounds of the water crashing in the distance and birds nesting nearby only made it more impressive. It had to be the greenest place I ever saw. There were moss covered rocks in the water that gave the place a sense of age. I wondered if I were the first human to ever see it. I stood there in silent appreciate for quite some time. I'd never felt closer to nature then I did at that moment. I sat on a small patch of grass, closed my eyes and took a deep breath. The clean, misty air felt amazing. I felt myself almost becoming high on it. I smiled slowly. I knew that for the rest of my life I'd never forget this moment.

"I hope I don't ruin it then."

The voice was kind and old sounding, but oddly powerful. I opened my eyes to see an older woman standing on one of the moss covered rocks. It looked slippery, but she seemed to have no problem standing on it.

"Do you mind if I come sit with you for a spell?" she asked. I smiled because I knew I had no real choice. I didn't know who this woman was, but I knew I'd never met her before. I was also pretty sure she was more powerful than any of the goddesses I'd met so far. That was saying something considering I'd met Aphrodite and Hera herself.

"That sounds nice," I said politely. There was no way I could be anything but gracious with this woman. There was something about her that demanded it. "You aren't one of the Moirae are you?"

"Gracious no!" she laughed. It was a very earthy laugh and I found myself smiling at the sound of it. It held a joy that so few things did these days. "You can't separate those three, not in more millennium than I care to remember."

"Who are you then?" I asked. She smiled again as she hopped from stone to stone until she made it to the shore. There was nothing ungraceful about her movement despite that. I stood as she approached. It seemed like the thing to do.

"You can call me Grandmother," she said, sitting on the grass and patting a spot next to her. I sat in it without hesitation. "Everyone does."

"Grandmother, are you the one who sent the male gods to Tartarus?" I found myself asking.

"Yes and no," she offered. I stared into her eyes and swallowed. They were dark, but there were light flecks. They looked like the night sky. "I simply let them know it was time to move on. They chose to take themselves to Tartarus."

"I don't understand," I sighed, so tired of being confused.

"I know grandson," she said. Her tone was kind and compassionate. It helped, but didn't make anything clearer. She held out her hand to me. I hesitated at first, but took it. It was old and worn, but surprisingly strong. I suddenly felt more at peace with the world than ever before. My fears and pains didn't disappear, but their importance shrunk to almost nothing. Holding her hand gave me a sense of the immensity time and space, of mother Earth's place in it all.

"Thank you," I said when I was able to focus once more. I wasn't sure how long we sat like that, but it was the perfect amount of time, of that I was sure.

"You're welcome," she said, releasing my hand and starting to stand. I jumped up and offered to help her. On one level I know it was a silly gesture, but grandmother took my offered help and smiled in a way that made me feel better about myself than I'd felt in a long time. She looked at me once she was on her feet again and said, "Ask your questions." I had no idea what she was talking about for a moment, but then the words slipped from my mouth almost without my prompting.

"Grandmother, I'm not sure whose side I should be on," I swallowed. "I can't forgive Hera for what she did to Tara, but the Fates seem too cold and calculating to trust. What am I supposed to do? Both sides are talking about the next generation of gods and who is the right woman to mother it. I love Tara and want to be with her, but I have no idea if it's real or if that's just the fates forcing me to do their bidding."

I was amazed by my own words. I'd thought I was committed to Tara and in my heart I was, but this was bigger than just her and me. It was possible that everything I was going through was pointless and that like Artemis said, my part was small, but it was also possible that like Hera seemed to think, everything would depend on my actions. I hadn't forgotten that even Artemis admitted that the small roles were important.

"Grandmother what am I supposed to do?" I asked again. "What's the right answer?" I had no idea why I trusted this woman to tell me the truth, but I did. She looked at me with her age worn eyes. They were suddenly sad.

"You may not like my answer," she said gently. "Are you sure you want to hear it?" I licked my lips and swallowed with some difficulty. After months of trying to figure out answers with no real hope, I now had someone willing to tell me what I needed to know. The question was, was I brave enough to hear it?

"Tell me, please," I said. The old woman smiled and nodded as if expecting my answer.

"The answer to all of your questions is, it doesn't matter," she said, patting me on the shoulder gently. "I know, you don't understand."

"I really don't," I said softly, shaking my head.

"Maybe that's your problem," she offered kindly. "What makes you think you need to understand?"

"Maybe I don't," I sighed, not sure what else to say. She laughed for the second time. Somehow, it eased my pain.

"Alright grandson," she said. "I see that you don't really believe that. Let me try and give you your answer differently."

I waited patiently as the old woman stood silent. I had the feeling that if she wanted she could remain like that for an eternity. I could too with her hand still on my shoulder.

"There is seldom only one solution to a problem," she finally said. "To the world, it doesn't matter whether Hera mothers the next generation of gods or Tara does."

"So there's no difference?" I asked in confusion.

"Oh no, there will be huge differences," the old women replied. "But you can't know how your decision will affect the future. You must accept that. Follow your heart and the rest will work itself out. To try and do otherwise is true insanity."

"But the Fates try to do exactly that," I frowned. She looked at me and I felt her sadness.

"And can you show me three others who are as insane as they?" Grandmother remained silent as I digested what she was saying. It took quite some time, but her patience was unfathomable and time stood still in this place.

"So basically," I began slowly. "I should follow my heart and to hell with the consequences."

"Following your heart sounds like a good idea," she said with a deep laugh. "Let's hope your wrong about the consequences." I blushed and laughed as well.

"You know, I'm still not sure what to do," I said with a shake of my head. "If Hera becomes the mother of the next generation of gods, maybe she'll leave Tara and me alone and we can live our lives out without any interference. Wishful thinking, I know, but maybe it's possible."

"It may be," grandmother said. "But is that the correct answer? Do you know enough now to make that decision? What if Tara wants to be the mother of the next generation of gods? What if she doesn't? Won't that affect what you heart will tell you?"

"Good point," I frowned. "She doesn't even know that it's a possibility. I need to talk to her."

I fell silent as my mind raced. I realized that I'd been in a funk ever since Artemis's visit. Althena helped, but I suddenly knew that I would have handled the conversation with Tara badly if not for Hera and Hebe's interference. They gave me time to work through what was going on in my head, and Grandmother let me voice it and showed me my foolishness. Artemis was right. I was too full of myself, thinking I was in control of the fate of the world.

"So grandson, are you okay now?" the old woman asked.

"No, but I will be thanks to you," I smiled warmly. "It's a lot less daunting figuring out what your heart wants versus what's best for the world."

"You want to know a secret?" she asked me. I nodded and she added, "The two seldom differ."

"Thank you Grandmother," I said, meaning it.

"You are welcome," the old woman said, hopping to the first stone. She moved to two others before stopping and turning around. "Grandson, you know what you must do to escape this place, don't you?"

For a moment I had no idea, but then it suddenly hit me. I guess it was obvious. Hebe hadn't given me any useful information in months. All she did was tempt me every day. That had to be it.

"Let Hebe seduce me," I sighed.

"You must sleep with her," grandmother laughed. "But it's doesn't matter who does the seducing. Don't worry. Tara will understand."

I wasn't sure I would if our roles were reversed, but Tara was more open minded than me. She would understand and forgive me.

"You're not being fair to yourself," the old woman said. "For all you know Tara and Ronny have been sleeping together for months. If that's true, would it stop you from loving her?"

1...345678