High School Mystery Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Josh was breathing heavy trying to control his excitement. Yes, he felt disappointed by the sudden break, but somewhere he knew she was right.

"I'm sorry, I got a little carried away I guess," he said.

"It's okay, you got me carried away also," she replied with a wicked smile.

Catching their breath, they resumed their work on the paper although it was hard to concentrate. They were constantly stealing glances, smiling, and touching each other's arms and legs. He couldn't help but notice she hadn't put her bra back on, and her nipples were outlined in her white shirt, distracting him from his work. When she caught him staring at them, she just smirked. Finally, they were done and he still had a question to ask. He cleared his throat.

"So, did you hear around about Liz and Brian?" he asked.

"Why do you want to know?" she said.

"I'm just curious."

"I mean are you gonna date her again ...," Katie asked.

"No, no, I wanna date you now!" he cut her off.

A smile came on her face.

"Well, there's weird rumors going around, and no one seems to know for sure. But from what I gather something happened between Brian, Darryl and the goth girls on Brian's boat."

"The goth girls? Really? You mean they had sex or what?" He knew Kirsten and Amy, 'the goth girls' as they were called. They were the kind of girls who were proud to be outcasts and hated the popular crowd. He could hardly picture them with two football players like Darryl and Brian.

Katie shrugged. "It's what some are saying. There's rumors flying around something very bad happened. Girls with issues, handsome jocks, drugs and alcohol maybe. Things get out of hand. It seems to be a big secret they all keep quiet about."

"Very bad," he repeated, "are you saying Brian and Darryl somehow forced those girls?"

She sighed, "it's not the first time some jocks would take advantage of vulnerable girls. And since no one calls them out on it, it's not gonna stop either."

Darryl didn't strike Josh as a guy who would take advantage of a girl. On the other hand, he didn't really know the guy and it would make a whole lot of sense for the girls to want to have revenge in that case. So maybe there was truth to the rumors, and they got back at Darryl where it would hurt him most. Off course Darryl couldn't tell that to Emma. He felt bad for her, being tricked by her boyfriend like that.

"And you think that's why Brian and Liz broke up?" Josh asked.

"I would break up with a boy if he did something like that, but I would probably cut of his balls first. So yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if she dumped him for that. At least it would mean she has some morals," Katie replied.

He thought about that for a moment. Was this what caused the strained relationships between Liz and Emma and Darryl and Brian? But if Liz knew, so would Emma. Why didn't she dump Darryl then? Either Emma was completely unaware, or she had been playing him for reasons he couldn't understand. He asked Katie when he could see her again. Unfortunately, most of the time she was not in school she was volunteering in groups that worked on climate protection animal rights. Always trying to rescue the world. She promised him she would try to find time that week to meet up.

---Wednesday---

Josh hadn't slept well that night, his mind kept mulling over all the things that had happened. He couldn't figure out who has lying and who was telling the truth. But if he wanted to get to the bottom of this there was only one option. He needed to find out what happened on that boat, but asking Darryl and Brian directly did not seem a smart option. He assumed they would deny everything and probably kick his ass too. At the same time, he needed to stay away from Liz since it would hurt Katie if she found out. He contemplated if he would confront Emma, but he needed more than just rumors before doing that. So there was only one other option. After lunch he scanned the hallway until he saw the girl he was looking for.

"Hi Amy!" he said.

"Hi Josh! How are you?" the black-haired girl smiled friendly at him as she closed her locker. She wore ripped jeans and a long black Iron Maiden T-shirt. There were some touches of black eyeshadow around her eyes.

"I'm good, I've got something to ask you, if you have a minute," Josh said.

"Sure, go ahead!" she looked at him puzzled.

"Can we walk outside? I'd rather not ask it here," Josh stammered.

Amy shot him a weird look, but tagged along outside. As soon as they were outside the door she started speaking rapidly.

"Listen Josh, I like you and I think you're a nice guy, but Prom is simply something I don't do so it's better you don't ask." She looked at him slightly blushing. Her brown eyes tried to read his face.

"I wasn't going to ask you to the Prom, Amy."

"I hope you're just saving face, don't make it more awkward for me." Her hand was rubbing her temple.

"I wanted to ask you about what happened on the boat with Darryl and Brian," Josh said.

It seemed within an instant all blood drained from Amy's face. She opened her mouth a few times as if to say something but didn't make a sound. She had averted her eyes but suddenly they bore into his.

"You're Emma's neighbor, right? Did she put you up to this?" she said.

She was glancing around, checking if anyone was near enough to hear what they were discussing.

"No, I just heard some rumors about something bad happening," Josh said.

Her eyes looked straight into his again, his heart started pounding faster. She took a step forward, so her body was only inches from his. He looked around if anyone was watching them, but the few other people on the yard were busy with themselves. She brought her lips close to his af if she was gonna kiss him, but at the last moment she diverted and with their cheeks almost touching she whispered.

"Josh, I'll go with you to the prom if you want, but just forget about those rumors, ok? That's all they are, stupid rumors."

She had a defiant look, as if she was challenging him to call her a liar. He backed down. "Like I said Amy, I didn't come here for prom, but thanks for talking to me."

He turned around and made his way back. It seemed like the whole school knew things he didn't, and nobody wanted to talk about this. He had a heavy feeling in his chest that something terrible had happened. Amy's reaction was all but a confirmation of what Katie had suggested. But just like Liz she had suggested Emma put him up to this. Was he just a pawn in some game? He had to find out what really happened and there was only one other person he could talk to.

When school was out Josh stood outside, trying to spot Kirsten as students were streaming outside, ready to enjoy the rest of their afternoon on a sunny Wednesday. He was so focused on finding the girl he was completely blindsided when two strong hands fell on his shoulders.

"Looking for someone special?" Brian's deep voice boomed behind him.

"I was just leaving ...," Josh said as he tried to move away, but the bigger boy's hands kept him firmly in place. His heart started to beat faster.

"Waiting for Liz maybe?" Brian continued in a whispering tone, "... or Kirsten?"

Josh sucked his breath in. Did Amy rat him out? To her own assailant? His head spun.

"Why would you care?" Josh asked.

Strong fingers dug deeper in Josh' shoulders as Brian's tone hardened.

"If you have any brains you drop whatever you think you are doing, Veronica Mars. You will cause nothing but problems for you and everyone else."

Josh closed his eyes as the pain was starting to build up in his shoulders. He didn't see the girl stepping up to them until he heard her voice.

"Drop the chimpanzee act, Brian!" Liz' sharp voice lashed out.

Brian pulled back his hands and Josh breathed a sigh of relief.

"Cool there baby, I was just talking," Brian said.

"Right, I get it. Insecure jock can't deal with another boy going on a date with the cheerleader he used to go out with. What else is new?" Liz sighed.

Josh was caught in the middle as the raven-haired girl and her ex stared at each other without blinking for a few seconds.

"I couldn't care less who you date," Brian smiled, "I was only saying to Josh he shouldn't be bothering Amy and Kirsten with questions."

Liz seemed to be taken aback by that. The girl that always had an answer looked from Brian to Josh and back with a confused face. Suddenly she grabbed his hand.

"Come with me, Josh! Now!" she said as she dragged him away towards the parking lot. "Get in," she hissed to him as they approached a black BMW.

Josh got in and barely had time to secure his seatbelt before Liz pulled the car backwards, almost knocking some freshmen of their feet. She stared straight ahead as she maneuvered the car from the parking lot and sped on the road.

"Were you really talking with Amy and Kirsten?" she asked.

"Why do you care?" he replied.

"Quit playing games, Josh. I know Emma set you up to this. First the date, now this. The only thing is, I don't understand why she's messing with us."

"Liz, I'm not following. Emma has nothing to do with this. I heard rumors about an incident involving Amy and Kirsten and I looked into it for the school newspaper," Josh lied.

Liz cut a corner, the tires squeaking.

"Wow, easy there," he said with a hint of fear in his voice.

Liz didn't say a word but a two minutes later she slammed the breaks unexpectedly and he was thrown forward only to be pulled back by the seat belt. He looked around; they were parked next to a desolate road just outside of town.

"Josh, let me give you a good advice. Let it rest. You might think you have to be afraid of Brian, but I guarantee you, I'm really the dangerous one," Liz glared at him.

He looked at the black-haired vixen. Her eyes seemed to breathe fire as she moved her body closer to him. Her hand moved to his pants and Josh swallowed hard when she grabbed his crotch.

"At first I thought you were after this," she said, his cock starting to harden under her massaging touch.

"But maybe you need this," she smirked. He gasped as she suddenly grabbed his balls in a vice grip.

"Shit that hurts!" he yelped.

"Don't mess with me, Josh. I'm serious", Liz said.

'So what, you're protecting Brian after he assaulted those girls?" he said.

"Oh, please!" she rolled her eyes, '"your fantasy is running wild, Brian would never do something like that!".

"How can you be sure?"

She stared at a him for a few seconds before she continued.

"Because I was there, and so was Emma. Guess she didn't tell you that."

He was baffled for a moment.

"What happened?" he stammered.

Liz sighed annoyed.

"Look, it's not something we are proud of or talk about, we just want to let it rest. Soon school is over, and we never have to see each other again."

"It's ok, you can tell me," Josh said. With some hesitation he put his hand on her shoulder to comfort her.

She cocked an eyebrow but said nothing of his hand.

"The only reason I will tell you is so you can let it rest and not mess up this last few weeks before graduation by asking questions and stirring up things. Understood?"

Josh nodded and Liz started her story.

"So maybe two months ago on the first warm and sunny day of the year Brian took Darryl, Emma and me out on his father's boat. It's not big, one compartment below deck where you can sleep, above that the steering hut. But it's a nice place to relax and work on our tan. Luckily this guy where I babysit got me a bottle of tequila in exchange for flashing him my bra, so we had drinks too."

Josh's Eyes flickered to her boobs, pushing out her tight T-Shirt. He could imagine her pulling off a stunt like that.

"Now we are drinking Tequila, Emma and me tanning in our bikinis on the front deck and Brian and Darryl steering the boat, keeping us away from prying eyes. Darryl was a perfect gentleman off course, only having eyes for Emma, while Brian ogled Emma a lot. I don't think she minded, she's used to being the center of attention with those looks. Then suddenly we feel the boat move and turn to the beach. Emma and I were surprised and then we saw what had caught Brian's eye. Two of our classmates on a beach, Amy and Kirsten. As the boat was close, Brian jumped off and waded to them.

I don't know how he convinced them, maybe the tequila, but Brian's always been a smooth talker. The girls grabbed their stuff and got on the boat. I was a bit annoyed because obviously the only reason Brian invited them was so he could ogle at more girls in bikini and he never asked Emma and me if we agreed. We offered the girls some of our tequila and we made some small talk that quickly died out. Kirsten had more interest in her smartphone then in us anyway.

The boys proposed to take a swim, but we said they were crazy. It was only April and the water would still be freezing. Being boys, they wouldn't back down so soon enough they dived in the cold water while the four us were lying in the sun. Now imagine my surprise when little miss perfect Emma says we can tan topless now the boys are gone. I wasn't sure if she was up to something or if it was the tequila talking, but she proceeded to untie her navy-blue top piece and bare the breasts every boy in school wants to see."

Josh swallowed hard as he imagined the scene in his mind. Liz shifted closer to him as she continued her story.

"Normally I'm the one proposing wild stuff and she is the voice of reason, so off course I'm not backing down and I also lose my top. I see Kirsten and Amy are a lot more reluctant but Emma eggs them on and they give in. I'm even more baffled when Emma yells to the boys we are topless, and they are missing out on a great sight. I see Kirsten and Amy cringe, but Brian yelled back that he wasn't gonna fall for such a cheap prank. Because we were on the deck it was not possible for them to see from the water if it was true or not. So we are sitting in the sun our boobs out. I see Amy trying to glance unnoticed at Emma and me. You know she has never had a boyfriend and people speculated she might like girls, I guess that confirmed it more or less. Kirsten on the other hand was tapping away on her smartphone, ignoring us.

We sit like that for a while soaking up the sun when Kirsten suddenly starts shrieking. Brian and Darryl, not sure if Emma was joking or not, had silently climbed the boat at the back end and tiptoed to the front where we were. Since Emma and I were lying against the steering cabin they couldn't see us as they made their way to the front, but they got a full-frontal view of Kirsten and Amy lying against the front rail. So while I quickly tie my top piece I see a panicked Amy not getting hers on directly and screaming while covering her small chest.

Kirsten was even worse off since she's busty. She dropped her phone on the deck, then grabbled for the bikini that she had hung on the front rail but instead made it fall from the rail in the water below. We were all laughing because it was so funny. Kirsten was trying to fish it back up with her hands, but the bikini had drifted away. She grabbed a T-Shirt from her stuff and struggled to put that on, her head and an arm stuck inside. It just looked hilarious when she was wrestling with the shirt, so we kept laughing. While she was struggling, she kept giving the guys unintended flashes and Brian made some stupid comment about Kirsten's stiff nipples while she was still shrieking hysterically.

At first I was laughing too, but then I noticed Kirsten was taking it really serious. She started crying and yelling to Emma she was a bitch for tricking her. I told her to relax, that it was just an accident, but she was furious and she said she would jump of the boat unless we brought her to shore immediately. Since we were all a little intimidated by her behavior, Brian sailed to the nearest shore, which was at least two miles from where we picked them up. Kirsten wouldn't listen to reason. She and Amy got off while Kirsten was crying out she hated us and how Emma was such a bitch. So, there you are, we got a little drunk, the boys behaved like pigs and Kirsten took it the wrong way. So now we all prefer not to talk about it or even remember it. Are you happy?"

Josh had closed his eyes. Everything made sense now. Kirsten had been humiliated, she blamed Emma, and she had taken revenge on Emma's boyfriend to punish her. He only had to find out how Kirsten had done it. He opened his eyes again and looked straight at her.

"So that's why you and Brian broke up then?" he asked.

"Telling a secret isn't enough, you want to twist the knife a little more?" Liz said. "But yeah, we had a big fight because all this came from him being a pig and picking up those girls and then sneaking up on them."

"And given Emma's role I can see why you are not so close anymore," he added.

She just nodded.

"I'm so sorry Liz. I didn't mean to make you upset about all this. Thanks for telling me," Josh said.

The black-haired girl turned to him and their eyes locked. He held his breath for a moment as their lips moved closer. Her hand grabbed his neck and suddenly they were locked in a passionate kiss. Their tongues wrestling for control as if they were fighting out a duel. He knew it was wrong, he thought about Katie, he had to find a way to get out of there. Out of breath she let him go.

"Can you drop me off please, I really have to go," Josh said.

Dark eyes looked at him with lust. He noticed her breasts moving under her shirt as she was catching her breath.

"You still owe me something!" She smirked.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

Instead of replying she grabbed his hand and brought it to her mouth. She sensuously sucked on two of his fingers sending tingles down his backbone. When his fingers were wet, she put his hand on her bare thigh. His eyes shifted to her long, shapely legs in a miniskirt.

"Oh," Josh muttered, "here, in the car? But someone might see us!"

Liz bit her lip as she glanced at him. "That's what makes it hot."

She pushed his hand higher until he felt the heat radiating from her womanhood. She didn't stop there but guided his finger past the flimsy material of her panties. As she rubbed his hand over her pussy, he could feel she was already wet. He smelled her excitement and it turned him on. She moved his hand up and down through her slit while she shivered.

"Keep doing that," she moaned while she guided his fingers in circles.

Josh was staring mesmerized at her crotch gyrating under his fingers even though her skirt meant he could not see anything. He was startled when the car came to life with a humming noise.

"What are you doing?" he gasped.

"Don't worry, just keep going," Liz panted.

Josh looked worried at the road ahead as the car started to drive. He could see some car coming from the other direction and tried to act as natural as possible, even if his actions meant he was bent over towards Liz in an unnatural way. He avoided looking at the other driver directly, but the guy seemed oblivious to what was going on anyway. Looking sideways at Liz he saw she had her eyes closed, lost in pleasure, and only glanced in front of her every few seconds. Shit, she was gonna get them killed.

"Don't you have to keep your eyes on the road?"

"Shut up! Don't be a buzzkill," Liz sighed.

The car accelerated. Josh tried to pull back his hand, but Liz immediately grabbed his arm in a vice.

"What if police see us?" he argued.

"Keep saying things like that," she moaned.

"Like what? That we could crash full frontal into a ten-ton truck?" Josh said.

"Yesss!" Liz grunted as she pushed her crotch up against his hand. She was dripping wet now

Josh felt the car accelerating further and now he got really scared. Liz seemed to have lost all reason.