All Comments on 'Hindsight'

by AfterDusk

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
BarnabejonesBarnabejonesover 5 years ago
I enjoy your writing

Another great story from you. I always look forward to reading your stories.

AxelottoAxelottoover 5 years ago
That was great

Now that I've moved back to the small-town environment i grew up in, I think a little more about what might have been, but I'm really pretty happy with where I am and who i'm with. I certainly didn't have the shitty first life Cat had.

I think I have managed to attend 2 reunions in 40 years, looking back isn't really my thing (which is odd, since I'm a historian and archaeologist). I guess its because most of my little circle of friends left, like me, but never came back.

Admiralbird348Admiralbird348over 5 years ago
Humm

Humm.....

I found this to be a depressing or maybe just sad story, but that’s only because I read it from a different perspective than regular readers. I loved the ending though, it was perfect. If only we could rewrite parts of our own lives eh? Nice job Dusk. Thank you.

LustymarriedmomcantgetenoughLustymarriedmomcantgetenoughover 5 years ago
Daydreaming

I enjoyed your story. I have daydreamed of very similar things, I mean who hasnt wished they could redo something in their past. Really solid structure and very fun to imagine. Also, i liked how her stakes were high, with the death of her mother and what followed to cause her present trapped existence. The language really gave me a picture of a modern woman of that age group (like me) who was a teenager in the 90s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Wow! That was a fun read!

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 5 years ago
Great plot

Wouldn't we all like to go back to our eighteen-year-old self for a do-over? Too bad that doesn't happen in real life.

I thoroughly enjoyed this story.

rebel_coderebel_codeover 5 years ago
Good Read

I think it would do better in another category, maybe SF&F. It read to me like a serious story with bits of humor mixed in. But very well done! The premise captures the imagination right away and doesn't let go. I did not see the ending coming. And may I say--Cat doing herself in front of the mirror--Yow! Good work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Helllooooo Writer!

What a fun romp in fantasy land. Can’t wait to read your other works! 😁

yowseryowserover 5 years ago
Hindsightedness

Lovely tale, bouncing from memory to re-memory, outlining small town living and our even more circumscribed notions of life from the high school mindset.

Telling descriptions, well paced, made me laugh over and over. Scrumptious.

'my eighteen year old body was definitely a virgin but this thirty eight year old mind was a slut.'

Amen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
This is beautiful.

I feel wholesome, thank you :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Would have worked well in Romance too

Sweet tale of finally getting it right.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
SWEET!

Great 'feel good' story, the beginning was a little grimey, but served a purpose. I too have daydreamed of a do over, your story supports both sides of the contemplation. So, I shall ponder on. Hmmm.

jimjam69jimjam69almost 4 years ago
Wonderful story

Well done, balancing teen drama and humor. Very enjoyable reading. My first read of you but now I will read all of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
awesome story

could have done without the 4th wall breaking line that insulted my literary skills

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Part 2?

Could you write a second part of this story where she went back and got it right? I WOULD DEFINITELY READ IT!

Been_That_Done_ThereBeen_That_Done_Thereover 2 years ago

I enjoyed your story but really enjoyed your writing. I feel so lucky whenever I chance upon on of the very few on this site with such ability.

T

TarnishedPennyTarnishedPennyalmost 2 years ago

Clever concept, well-executed. ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundassonover 1 year ago

So true. Hindsight is a bitch. :)

texlootexlooover 1 year ago

That was a well told tale! It had humor, angst and heart. 10/10

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanabout 1 year ago

at 60 i can confirm wonderful story

dgfergiedgfergie12 months ago

A very nice romantic story and the sex scenes weren't even necessary. At 80 I can trump the other guy a 60 as this being a good story. 5 stars

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAfterDusk@AfterDusk
I write things. Sometimes I share them here, but maybe only less than 20%. Yes, I know I have a few unfinished stories...and I will finish them all, eventually. I appreciate the time you take to read my musings; please vote and leave a constructive comment. As the saying...

story TAGS