All Comments on 'His Guiding Light'

by jmmj5

Sort by:
  • 130 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

3rd degree burns over most of his body would be my addition for Gerald, otherwise good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

5++ stars for this

mrdata9770mrdata9770about 1 year ago

(1/18/2023) Nicely done. Nicely done indeed. Having him return her Violin and forgiving her was a nice touch. Five stars.

Texican1830Texican1830about 1 year ago

One of my (annual) favorite reads.

Simon_MastersSimon_Masters11 months ago

Fantastic story, well balanced.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Gerald would not have been punished enough if he had received major burn over all of his body that plagued him for the rest of his miserable days ( he was a hateful piece of filth), Lisa was sufficiently punished and continued to do constructive penance so that's good.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Not bad... My take on this is that the women in the story are very controlling and think about themselves

malchor2517malchor251710 months ago

Wow, Mindy got off light. To be in on it from the beginning? And she got a severe talking to?

I'm going with the votes that her and Lisa were not punished enough.

My opinion.

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlunger9 months ago

Wonderful story, really enjoyed it.

newfordnewford8 months ago

Continuing the same extremely high standards set by this wonderful storyteller. Sadly, only 5 stars because 5 is the highest attainable

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

This is genuinely awful. Wanted to give a popular author a chance to change my mind, but can't stomach anymore

NitpicNitpic6 months ago
Me

Me,despite his love for her mother,after the way Cassie cold shoulder him,I don't think he should have married her.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good story.

I feel Mindy failed everyone by keeping the secret especially after Lisa engagement and wedding and considering how close she got to the MC family. Not only did she fail to stop the abuse&cheating, she actively covered it. I'm not saying she should have been punished in the story, but just highlighting that she enabled the hurt.

Feel sorry for Lisa who was also a victim trapped in an abusive relation and didn't have anyone who could help her snap out of it and escape. She suffered a lot and I'm glad to see her playing again and encouraging musicians. Redemption fits better, glad it wasn't btb all the way.

My one criticism (wish it was done differently) was the Months not talking to Cassie after Vienna and she already knew all his secrets. I might have gone with 3 weeks but let's face it, I couldn't write a story half as good. I liked meeting Bella and seeing how formidable Gabriela was setting them up, but that was the only nice thing in that segment.

LoejtcLoejtc5 months ago

'The reason this author’s stories tend to be lengthy is they are actually a combination of a complete LW and Romance.

In this case the LW story is the first four pages I. e. Zach & Lisa while most of rest of the story is the Romance between Zach & Cassie except for part of page seven when the LW story is finally concluded.

While many readers enjoy this format, I do not. When I want to read a Romance story I’ll select something from that category.

Certainly an accomplished writer but the mixed storylines and extensive wordiness dampen my enthusiasm to read his works. '

nogravynogravy4 months ago

While I echo Loejtc's comment about this author's work being a combination of LW and Rom, I am puzzled by his reference to "extensive wordiness". I've read similar comments complaining about a story being "too long" or the like, and I always wonder: "if you don't like to read what are you doing at Literotica?" When confronted with a story, if it's interesting, as this one is, in my opinion, "the longer the better". The standards of the readers in this genre are brutal and regrettably reflect the meanness of modern society well, and one posts here at his own risk. I for one thank the author for his hard work, and the enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

It's a good story, even though it dragged some. It was probably a bit too lengthy for the tale that was told. However, four stars worthy, pushing five.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Why didnt he send a copy of the hospital recording to Lisa. I stopped after I realised that the mc wasnt hoing to do the obvious thing. For me it made the lack of pu ishment to Lisa unacceptable. Spoiled the story.

ItlNYJewItlNYJew3 months ago

With Zack now being Bella's Uncle, I bet those 2 could get into something that would end are the entire family. Just a thought.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Very good story. Brought tears to my eyes at the end.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Gerald got some of what he deserved. Lisa a little too much. Liked the old Texas where Gerald being shot dead for his transgression was ok. Crippling him is pretty good though. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

This was mostly good (4). I wish you had NOT started it off pre-flashback, because right away you gave away a lot of the story. TMI! Because of it, I immediately knew: 1) Lisa would cheat, 2) he'd divorce her, 3) he'd marry Carrie and of course 4) Sam would die. Basically, we were reading the last page of the book. It was also a bit long, which of course you warned us about, so I won't fault you for that, but I still think some of it could have been trimmed back. TY!

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonabout 2 months ago

One of the best stories I've read on Lit and LW. Kudos to you for an engaging and wonderful tale.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster1about 1 month ago

This HAD to be given five stars in my opinion. The story, all of the characters, the descriptions of the events, and the ultimate outcomes all demand the highest of scores, and the well-deserved outcomes, whether good or bad. Even though just slightly formulaic, this is a story that deserves its place among the best of the LW stories, written by the best of the writers who share pieces of themselves for all of us to read and enjoy.

Some of the Anons may complain that the predator should have died, and that Lisa should not have found her music again, but I think that would have cheapened the story of Zach and Cassie finding their love and happiness.

Maybe it was too cute, or too happy an ending for some, but I think it was an extremely enjoyable story...

...and that it was very nicely done.

Thank you for this thoroughly enjoyable tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

It was pretty good. But had some glaring issues. Lisa and her affair with Gerard was just odd. And there was basically zero closure til he came back and gave her the tape. Not sure why this is rated so high. I can see 4 stars. The central theme of Zach and Gabriella is cute. But a some of the rest was hit and miss. While it is two stories. First Zach marrying Lisa and her profoundly peculiar betrayal, with Zach deciding yo try to murder Gerard. And then the second tale of a romance with Cassie, Gabriella's daughter, which was only developed in Vienna, then he gets all guilt ridden and they don't talk for a long time. Only reconnecting after the charity benefit, in which we find Cassie knew early on and was waiting for him to man up. Btw who cares that she was dating the doctor. They had one date weekend in Vienna. Yes the doctor was a ploy to turn up the heat, but the commenters on here who decry her dating the doctor and getting into a lather about that are being silly. Yes thr big reveal is Cassie wanted him to talk and confess so he would demonstrate that he trusted her. Great. But the romance (except for Vienna) seemed pretty hollow until they talk, kiss, and make up. So the first part, LW marriage and betrayal was strange, and the second part, the romance was pretty underdeveloped. Only his relationship with Gabriella stood out throughout the story line. So yeah don't see rhe high rating. 4 stars.

crazymike45crazymike45about 1 month ago

It is a feel good story and it worked on me. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

A good and engaging tale even though a bit over long. The characters and situations were well developed , except for the wrap up. I see that three months ago, I rated this story four stars pushing five.

Today, I pushed it even further. Five stars.

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

There is a woman's shelter in every major city in Canada and the U.S. however there is only ONE shelter in the U.S. for abused and homeless men, and none in Canada. I am not knocking or degrading the women's shelter at all, but abused men are constantly ignored, belittled, and humiliated by society and social media, men are homeless at a rate of 9 times that of women, committing self-deletion 5 times that of women, given 6 times the jail sentencing for the same crimes, but are receiving next to zero attention other than being mocked and laughed at anytime these disparities are brought up.

AnonymousAnonymous18 days ago

One of the ten best stories on this site. And it's free! Thank you for posting this, OP. Thank you.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjmmj5@jmmj5
With a few exceptions, I tend to write longer stories, but that’s just my nature, I think. I’m going to try to tighten that up in the future. I know that means fewer people will read them, but I know that going in. Also, I tend to write what I know. I’ve spent a lot of time i...

SIMILAR Stories