Historical Erotica Ch. 04

Story Info
Colonial Madness: The Battle for Algiers
4.3k words
3.75
15.1k
3
0

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 10/06/2022
Created 05/11/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Note to Reader: The story takes place in an insane asylum in French Colonial Algeria, during the Algerian War of Independence (1954-1962). Dr Pierre Marques is a white French doctor, psychologists and therapist, who believes strongly in the French Empire and the civilising mission. Entrenched within him, is his belief, that Algerians and Muslims are inherently insane and backwards and that French colonization is humane and necessary to help Algerians. Dr Pierre specialises in psychological illness of the female mind from hysteria to nymphomania, Algeria represents a chance for him to carry out advance research and to test out theories, which he would be unable to test out in France and so the asylum is also a lab. Enjoy!!


A crowd of young French students follow Dr Marques through the asylum, "As you can see we have two sides to this asylum. One side is reserved for Europeans and the other is for Africans, Arabs and other non-Europeans. The separation is a practical thing, you see, the European mind is structured differently from the non-European mind. Europeans have obtained a high status of living due to their scientific inquiry and rational mind. The dark races of the world have an inability to form coherent and rational thoughts on par with Europeans. They are more prone to mental malaises, which, some doctors attribute to the warm tropical climates they come from. Heat reacts with blood, which influences the brain."

Dr Marques pauses for a moment and looks at his fresh young crop of students. "European illnesses are by enlarged caused by traumatic events, in other words, there is a reason for their mental malaise. Some are born with it, but the bulk of our European patients are not. There's no cultural madness for Europeans. The Algerians on the other hand are born into a culture of madness, backwardness and parts of the brain that should be responsible for scientific thought, instead produce superstition. You have to understand the Arab and African mind, because of this, we have to keep them separate from Europeans. But French civilisations has taught us to be humane and kind to our fellow man, thus, we take it upon ourselves to help them and to rationalise them. What we do in necessary and for the benefit of humanity."

Dr Marques takes the students through to a medical examination room. A dentist like chair with a beautiful, olive-skinned, slim, dark hair and eyed Algerian woman was strapped down to the chair and her legs forcefully separated. She is trying to scream, but her mouth has a wooden plate in it, which is tied around her mouth and allows her to breathe. "This is patient 32467, her name is Fatima and comes from the countryside. She's prone to hysteria and violent outbursts. She believes spirits have possessed her body and they commanded her violent actions. She was brought to our attention when she attacked a French Policeman in Algiers, she was ranting and raving about the evil of the French, when she was brought into the police station. Classic sign of madness, because the sane mind is a rational one and rationally we can see how France has benefited and helped the Algerian."

The students look at this exotic creature, the Algerian woman, who is like a wild animal and has been brought into captivity for her own good. The spectacle could have been improved, if they had put her in a cage and had a sheet over the cage, only unveiling it when everyone had gathered. Still this is not a circus, but the asylum does feel like a zoo from time to time. The trouble is the Algerian woman is hard to tame and only the strictest treatments can bring such a warm-blooded creature into line.

Dr Marques lets his students stare wide-eyed at the specimen in-front of them, "Now, with Fatima most forms of conventional treatment have failed. On other patience, we'd use electronic shocks therapy, the idea being the shock of electricity would awaken the patient out of their delirium. But Fatima is no ordinary patient and shocks may not work on her. She is now acting up again, we must apply, another kind of treatment. Female restlessness and deliriums can be cured through orgasm, the chemicals released in the brain due to orgasm, has a calming and even numbing effect of the female mind."

Dr Marques puts the dentist like chair into place, until it's almost like a bed, "I'm going to demonstrate one effects method of this vast treatment." He puts on white rubber gloves and using the mental straps on Fatima's ankles, which form a arm like structure and is attached to the chair, pushes them back, which widens and opens Fatima's legs. Her white gown is pushed up and her naked vagina is revealed, "You may notice that the patience is without a bush. That's because I shaved it off the other day, the bush makes it hard to navigate, when administering this treatment and because the treatment comes first- shaving is a necessity."

There's a sigh in the crowd, Dr Marques continues, he takes his smallest finger and pokes into Fatima's female genitalia. The patient jumps up, Dr Marques turns and faces his students and smiles, "She's ready." Taking two fingers, Dr Marques, inserts them into Fatima and goes deep pushing pass the clitoris and deep into the inner sanctum. He looks upwards and looks like he is struggling to stuff a Turkey. He pushes in and out and in and out, he speeds up and pushes in hard. His face goes red from the intensity, while Fatima is screaming and crying and struggling to say anything.

"It's important to be culturally sensitive, while doing this work. You see Muslim, Arab and African societies are male dominated and the women are nothing more than slaves to men's desires. One reason why this treatment is important is because in these cultures, there is a denial of female pleasure, women are not allowed to enjoy sex. This helps create female delirium. The values of the enlightenment have taught us about the importance of sexual fulfilment on psychological stability, which is why this treatment is cruel but necessary. What we do is no different and is indeed a vital part of French rule in the Third World, we help bring stability, civilisation, because the values of the enlightenment have made us love humanity so much, that its incumbent upon us to save it from itself."

Dr Marques violently and aggressively pounds his finger into Fatima's inner sanctum, "Empire is dirty work, but necessary work." Fatima's pussy begins to leak, white liquid can be observed coming out, but in trickles. It's oozing out and Dr Marques knows that he must intensify the pressure. He goes in harder and faster than ever before, more trickle out, and more and then some more. An exodus occurs and then a flood. She has cum and stops screaming, "We have calmed her down. And this is the modern miracle of science, it relives one of pain, restore sight to the blind and health to the sick. This is the meaning of French rule, its scientific progress. We have beaten the enemy, but they will return and this is your mission as doctors."

There is a round of applause and the nurse enters the room to clean Fatima up.

Dr Marques experiments with different techniques and tests various theories. He had a theory that all women were secretly bisexual, he would take a patient who was supposedly heterosexual and try and see if he could detect signs of lesbianism. He took one Algerian female patient who was a lesbian and had a non-lesbian one tied down and forced the lesbian to lick the non-Lesbian out to see if she would cum. Some of his non-Sexual treatments on Algerian patients were equally as bizarre, he wanted to understand the Algerian mind and want motivated them towards violence. He tried to develop machinery that could read brain waves and chemical reactions. He wanted to understand female sexuality, he did an experiment on female's reaction to cum and would cum on different parts of his Algerian patients bodies. From bellybuttons/stomachs to legs, face, eyes, mouths and hair, everything was considered.

Some of his colleagues wondered whether Dr Marques harboured secret sexual desires for the Algerian woman and in the guise of scientific research, would carry out his dark sado-maschonistic fantasies. He would always reply, "Such accusations are logically absurd, what I do and all I do is in service to humanity and has nothing to do with personal pleasure. I am a civilised man who is able to separate personal and professional worlds, I'm scientific and purely rational and this sets me and my colleagues apart from the Algerian. It's also known, thanks to Darwinism, that European man is the most highly evolved and would never think to devolve by going native. It's well known that the darker races are naturally attracted to the fairer races, but not the other way round."

But Dr Marques did enjoy his work and did have a thing for the colonized woman. Most of the women in the asylum would today be judged as sane, but this was not how French colonizers saw them. Algeria in-particular was a special place- for the French- Algeria wasn't just another colony; it was part of France itself. White French settlers had lived in Algeria for 100 years; it was a settler colonial society, which made their anxiety about the Algerian even more acute. Like many settlers, Dr Marques feared the sexuality of the Algerian, what if the Algerian man took the Frenchman's pride and slept with the Frenchwoman? What if the Algerian man corrupted the Frenchman and turned him into a homosexual? Some Frenchwomen believe the colored man is a wild animal with only a sexual dimension and so they sleep with them.

Colored men have been sexualised and even feminised, seen as lesser men and the women are invisible most of the time, except as givers of pleasure. The Algerian woman was a route to control the Algerian man and Algerian society. Besides, with all the civilizing advantages the Frenchman had given Algeria, why couldn't the indigenous natives be grateful and allow the Frenchman to let loose and enjoy their women? Sexuality can't be stopped, but I can be controlled and Dr Marques aims to make sure the Frenchman controls the Algerian's sexuality. There's also a culture of shame around sexuality in Algerian society and to subject your patients to sexual demining practises, would humiliate them and make them understand the Frenchman's superiority over the Algerian and make them less likely to revolt or resist French rule. The patient must be completely demoralised.

But Dr Marques was about to be challenged. The Algerian revolt had turned into the Algerian War for Independence, but the greatest challenge would be posed by a young Algerian woman. Aisha Aziz, modern, beautiful, cultured and a female leader in the National Liberation Front or FLN. Aisha is Algeria's most wanted woman. Here she is at a rally.

Aisha takes the stand, "Brothers and Sisters, comrades and fellow Algerians, I greet you with the ancient Arabic words for peace, Asaylum-a-Alikum (Peace be upon you). We are gathered here today, because our nation is beautiful and because we are beautiful. But our beauty is struggling to breathe, our beauty is being held down, our beauty is being ravages and pillages. For the European saw it and felt jealousy at our fertile lands and envious of our old culture and wanted to rob it naked. The French have abused us, broken our bodies, bones and our minds. We've been bowing down, laying down and sitting down for a century and I think it's time to stand up. We are no lesser human beings, we are not children and we are a laboratory. We don't need the French, we need our nation back and armed struggle is the path to freedom for our nation."

The crowd goes wild. From the day onwards Aisha became a marked person for the French authorities. Fighting between Algerian revolutionaries and French police and troops broke out and was intense for many months. Aisha is believed to have been directly involved in the fighting, she also wrote pamphlets, proclamations and letters, which were distributed to revolutionaries and potential revolutionaries. The French tried various propaganda efforts to destroy her reputation and following, but nothing worked. It took the French two-years before they finally caught her, but when they did, they feared a criminal trial would only martyr her and make her a bigger threat. So they decided to send her to the asylum and Dr Marques to assess her sanity, it was hoped she could be classed as mad.

Dr Marques had reviewed all his notes and awaited the first meeting with Aisha Aziz. The first step involves him questioning her. Sitting in a padded room when Aisha is brought in, she's wearing a stray jacket and has feet restraints on, she is guided to the chair by two guards and forced to sit. Dr Marques notices Aisha's uncompromising beauty, her elegant facial features and alluring eyes.

"Lady Aisha Aziz, I've been going through your notes and I must say you are a very intelligent and educated woman, how does an educated woman get herself involved in irrational violence? You're not like my other patients, they are uneducated, backward, superstitious and uncivilised women from either the Urban poor or rural areas."

Aisha snaps back, "Do not speak of my Sisters who you have cruelly chained and locked up for no reason other than your Imperial arrogance. Jean-Jacques Rousseau once wrote that, it is a sort of folly to remain wise in the midst of those who are mad. The French colonization and settle colonial project is insane, but to justify your own madness, you had to convince yourself of the madness of others. You turned Algeria into one large asylum and criminalised indigenous cultural practises, these women are not insane, they are perfectly sane and rational people who hold some spiritual beliefs that are alien to you and thus are wrong in your eyes. You built these asylums not only to imprison free-thinkers and cultural practises, but also to make yourselves feel better."

Dr Marques is silently taken aback by Aisha's articulate response, "If that is so, why do so many Algerians hand their brothers, sisters, daughters, wives, husbands, and sons and so on, over? And it doesn't explain your irrational violence."

"Violence is neither rational nor irrational nor even inherently ideological; violence is a means, a tool and a tactic. The reason for violence is because of what I have just described and what you have just said about the Algerians who hand their loved ones over. Our minds have been colonized, we've accepted a mental malaise that we are inferior and the French are superior because they are power and thus right. They beat us because we need to be beaten. The French exercises brutal violence against us and not only physical violence. They build their neighbourhoods, streets, shops and clubs to violate our local culture and to make sure we know how inferior we are. They make our laws and separate themselves from us. This is violence, this is psychological violence, but nobody would call French violence irrational."

Aisha stares blankly into Dr Marques's shocked eyes, "Our violence is natural response to these impossible conditions. Our violence is therapeutic, it's not to dissimilar to your electronic shock therapy. The violence is not only aimed at removing the French from our sovereign soil, it's a psychological awakening for the Algerians, and it's our electronic shock therapy. It makes us realize the power we hold in our hands and how vulnerable our captives are. We are no longer the slave, but the master and the expression of violence is an articulation of this idea."

Dr Marques is deeply shocked by Aisha and troubled by what she's saying. Aisha notices and says, "You look troubled! Is it because my ideas sound, in your words, rational? Is it because I had a good French education and thus should be semi-civilised? Or is it you recognize home truths in what I am saying?"

Dr Marques ends the interview there and has Aisha taken away. He is truly disturbed, because the implications of what she has said, means that he is a kind of abuser and not the doctor who aims to end abuse. A power, intelligent and fiery woman is everything Dr Marques fantasies about, but he never really found one that struck him in the way, Aisha just did. He wanted Aisha to himself. The weeks and months would pass, Dr Marques would interview, question and interrogate Aisha repeatedly, but something was happening to him. He was trying to break Aisha's spirit and make her see her own irrationality, but instead Dr Marques was starting to break down. He was having doubt about the system he serves and its mission, while Aisha remains steadfast and unbreakable. He was also starting to have romantic feelings for her.

Aisha was moved to a room with limited security, but one which, would allow Dr Marques with both unfettered and discreet access to Aisha 24/7. One day, Dr Marques enters Aisha's room and starts talking at length about everything and nothing, Aisha senses something is going on and demands to know what he wants.

"I'm a very lonely man and I've become lonelier still after first meeting you. I have been unable to reconcile my work with my conscious, in-short, I am having doubts and I feel crippled by it. I no longer believe in all of this. I feel like a criminal and cannot see why I could see no wrong in what I am doing here. I'm a good man, when I was younger, I would help old ladies cross the street and I was always willing to help people. That's why I became a therapist, I wanted to help people and serve mankind. How did I go from that to this? Do you know the English hymn Amazing Grace?"

Aisha shakes her head and Dr Marques continues, "It's a hymn written by a slave boat captain, who after years of working in the transatlantic slave trade has a deep crisis of conscious and turns against the trade. The words are I once was blind, but now I see and I feel like I am in that position now."

Aisha responds, "Colonization is not only oppressive to the colonized, but also the colonizer. The colonizer is forced to compromise their morals, ethnic and humanity in order to colonize. It oppresses both groups and enforces roles upon both sides, which individuals struggle to break out off. You are as trapped as we are, the system sustains itself through fear, suspicion and hate and these three things consume both the colonized and the colonizer. Thus liberation from this means liberation for both groups, what the French don't realize is our liberation is their liberation too. We free you of these bedevilling things and allow you to go back to an honest life."

Dr Marques looks at Aisha, "There's something else Aisha, I'm falling in love with you and I yearn and desire to be with you. But this system and situation makes that impossible."

Aisha senses an opportunity, she gently takes Dr Marques's hand and slides it up her white gown and down her panties. "Go on, I know you want too," Aisha says. Dr Marques starts to place his hand on Aisha's pussy and gently rubs and strokes the outer lips. Aisha looks at him encouragingly, Dr Marques, rubs ferociously and increases the intensity of the rubbing. He gradually penetrates her inner sanctum and Aisha begins to groan wildly. She closes her eyes and places her hand onto Dr Marques's face-at first onto his cheek and then his forehead. Sticking two fingers and finger fucking, Dr Marques becomes a wild beast. After 30-minutes Aisha produces thick cum and Dr Marques swallows the cum that has assembled on his two fingers.

Following that evening secret liaisons begin between the two, both write love and erotic letters to one another. Aisha pens, "Oh doctor, I feel a fever and a sadness emerging. Won't you come with all your medicines and bed-side-manner to me and relieve me of these ailments. I am unfulfilled and require your undivided attention. Touch me, hold me and take me away, only you can save me."

12