All Comments on 'Hitched'

by GirlintheMoon

Sort by:
  • 92 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow!

This may well be the best story ever posted on this site. The writing here is at a level that few, here or anywhere else will ever attain. If ever a story deserves five stars this is it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Shows what happens when you can't keep it in your pants.

You never know what's going to happen. You may get tangled up in some "fatal attraction" shit, disease, pregnancy, stalker shit, and this guy was lucky him and his wife didn't get killed. A good woman saved his ass. This is a great story. Five stars.

stev2244stev2244over 5 years ago

Thanks for the read. 3***

Sorry, just joking. Awesome story, one of the very best on Lit. Gripping, extremely well told, surprising, a happy ending (I'm glad the dog survived). Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Awful story

A confused rambling mess. There is absolutely no description of the clothes/bodies of the protagonists. We learn near the end that Louise/Kit is a brunette. This is a sex story site and there is one brief sex scene, poorly described. 1 star is being generous.

mordbrandmordbrandover 5 years ago
His wife loved him

And honestly he didn't deserve it until he tried to sacrifice himself for her. He was a very selfish and self centered character for the most part.

Honestly I would normally not give a story like this full marks, regardless if the cheating was done by a man or woman. However, the quality of the product is almost beyond compare for Literotica as a site. I felt invested from the moment it started, actually saying out loud when they were in the motel during the storm, "don't do it you stupid fuck!"

Because of the superb nature of the tale, I have to give it maximum points. Thank you so much, girlinthemoon, 5 stars.

tennesseeredtennesseeredover 5 years ago
Powerful writing

GITM can sure write some scary stuff. My only criticism is that Lincoln, the male protagonist, was such a weak and foolish man. He couldn't understand what was happening until it was far too late. Going to a seedy motel to negotiate with psychopathic blackmailers is never a good idea. Even after that, he retained feelings for the equally psychopathic Kit. Maybe that was GITM's intention, to portray a weak, foolish man falling prey to psychopaths. Burke was a strong character and talked Lincoln out of shooting him even though he was an active deadly threat to Lincoln and his wife. This is a strong story that depends on a weak protagonist, but still worth a 5.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 5 years ago
Sweet hitch-a-hiker Won't you ride on my fast machine?

The Top 5 Foremost RIGHT and wrong Literary Features Employed To Multitudinous Effect by GirlintheMoon in the estimable and yet oh so HUMBLE opinion of LSD : the Lord of Literotica Exegesis. 

Legal Disclaimer :All assertions of balletristic quality are subjective and valid only in the singular LSD macrocosm and all associated and apropriate adjunct domains. Party will not be held responsible for damages stemming from cognitive dissonance incurred by mouthbreathers or cretin anons not staying in their  designated troll lane.

1) RIGHT : "Be here now"is the exhortation of zen masters. Well thanks to the talent of GITM , the reader dons the skin and soul of her protagonist and all one can do is white knuckle their way the obstacle course laden with gopher holes and buried mines.

All you can do as hair on arm stands up is hope 🙏 that she's in New Testament frame of mind when judgment day when the decision is made for redemption or abrupt consignment to the potter's ground.

 

Kudos.

2) WRONG : No complaints about the depth and development of characters that GITM deemed worthy of spotlight . However as huge Coen Brothers/ Tarantino fan I thought the bad guy got short shrift and spoke in mono while the " good guys " were heard in stereo.

Remember Javier Bardeem as Anton Chigur and whimsically lethal coin flip scene with geezer conveinance store cashier or Gary Oldman as ruthless dealer Drexl ramping up to epic faceoff with hero Clarence.

“On that TV there, since you been in the room, is a woman with her breasteses hangin' out, and you ain't even bothered to look. You just been clockin' me. Now, I know I'm pretty, but I ain't as pretty as a couple of titties."

GITM half-stepped her anti-heroes this time out 😠. Check pt.2 of Plain Gold Ring . She can do better as in MUCH better.

Maybe next time.

3) RIGHT : I really admired how the dual main female roles unfurled and finally gelled. One had substance and grit, the other… not so much but the pacing of said process was nigh perfect.

Huzzah 4 girl power exposition.

4) WRONG :  The action confrontation scenes needed goosing up to match high standard set by dialogue laden and erotic scenes.

5) RIGHT : The suspense set by tipping point where scales ⚖️ hovered between wronged wife hitting reject or reset button. Coulda gone either way .

Bottom line(s): Pretty poison powerhouse tale that was plotted not to perfection but still eminently enjoyable and in another class beyond accomplished amateur author standards.

.Ergo the obvious rating and highest seal of LSD approval.

Full marks * * * * *

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great

Great writing - as always. 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
3 stars.

not too bad. It is a reasonable story, and one that should bring chills to the spine of any man, or woman for that matter that thinks of picking up a hitchhiker. Personally I always travel with my two best friends, Smith&Wesson. I learned long ago that there are people who cannot be trusted.

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 5 years ago
More of the same,

Pure Excellemce. 5 *

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
The merry men agree!

They think GirlintheMoon is incredible, and they like her stories, too! Imagine an LW story well written with a plot and believable characters. Taking a bullet for the wife is one of the few ways to get back into her good graces. Maid Marian was taken more than a few shafts to keep Robin smiling. This is a great example of what life could be in the LW world if writers had the talent and imagination of this Moon girl. Hopefully Sherwood Forest will enjoy a full moon tonight! Great writing!

5 *s and 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁!

AMerryman

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 5 years ago
Good stuff

After a lengthy slump, the Loving Wives category has had a good week. GITM never disappoints, although I admit I’m a little disappointed in the ending. After such a tremendous build-up, and after writing these characters into such an impossible corner, the resolution and reconciliation happened far too easily.

The first half of the story reads like a classic “Fatal Attraction” scenario, and it was easy to see where the story was heading. Now that I think of it, the ending to that movie was very similar to this one!

In any case, this is a very well-written story with an engaging plot and flawed characters that we nevertheless find ourselves rooting for. Well done.

MajorRewriteMajorRewriteover 5 years ago
5 stars

Got to love stories about low-life psycho trash.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I never read

A story that got SO out of control and turned to unbelievable. Sorry, not good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Highest compliment is I read the end first

I read the end of your stories first because there are passages in your writing which work so well that knowing the end illuminates them with greater depth.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
reality

there are flashes when the GITM writing seems more real than reality. Some really good authors here, but none of the others do that.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 5 years ago
GitM is one of the best pure writers on this site.

This was extremely well written and plotted. I get that some wanted a longer lasting death scene, but it is better, in my opinion, to keep things moving than to languish as you approach the end of the story. I understand that one dude was not feeling the love and was not able to easily masturbate while reading this wonderful story. Stroke stories are out there, but GitM doesn't write them, thank God! That anonymous complaint sounds a lot like some dude that was banished recently. We had some very good stories this week with WDMC, Todd172 and the lovely Miss Moon. Thanks so much for the effort and time a well conceived story like this requires. I am over the(Girlinthe)Moon with appreciation!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well written, as usual

But a dark tale. You don't seem to have a "happy bone". It seems like all your stories are dark and gloomy. This story is the typical "don't open the door" horror story. You'll notice if you drive much that you don't see people hitch hiking much anymore. I think everyone understands the pitfalls. This was a reminder of those concerns. But if I'm in Dina's shoes I get divorced. Done and done.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years ago
This is pure passion, for me.

I teach an independent studies class for senior Literature majors. It is a 400 level class and I have three students. I could easily assign this story to that class, and I may, with the author's permission. There are few stories on Lit I feel have that merit. This one does.

I can't say enough good things about this story. It deserves to have its place in the HOF, way up near the top. Thank you, GITM, Randi.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 5 years ago
Not good

They follow a guy with little money to new york to extort 10k. Why bother? The way it is written kit is in on it. She lied about him being police and knowing his last name. She worked with kenny to get a ride from his store. A divorce would be best for dina amd whatever his name was. They clearly despise the, other as evidenced by their behaviors.

LaRascasseLaRascasseover 5 years ago
I liked it

It stretched credulity a bit when Lincoln suddenly became an action hero, but the story was top notch. Both the good and bad characters were well drawn out and the dialogue and descriptions were excellent.

robertlrobertlover 5 years ago
Great story

Unlike so many so-called 'authors' on this site, including myself, you are a true author. This story was well done from beginning to end. The dialogue is incredible and the plot is more than interesting. I liked that you minimized the sex scene and the violence. They were necessary to the story, but minute details were not. It was perfect. One thing, though, there are several distracting typos that have been missed. You should re-read and make corrections. They distract from an otherwise outstanding story. Stil worth more than a 5, though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

5*, wish I could give it more.

oshawoshawover 5 years ago

Once again, I have to come up with suitable accolades for GITM, and once again, I realize the only proper comment to make is GITM is the author everyone tries to emulate. Another superb story, thank you GITM.

boatbummboatbummover 5 years ago
A Compelling, Dark Tale

Couldn't put it down until the denouement. As HDK said, we've had a bumper crop of great stories this week, thanks for this one GitM!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Excellent

How can it both be, "he's gone, you don't have to worry about him," and "he's dangerous, he has connections everywhere"?

Yes, he was wrong to sleep with her, but he wouldn't have if she didn't come on to him with both barrels, and for her to now mock his concern for his wife is out of line.

If there is no problem to treat, do fertility treatments do any real good? I always thought that they were used to treat whatever the problem was.

As we've seen many times, you expect a blackmailer to be ethical, to REALLY hand over everything they have, to keep their mouths shut?

I know it's needed for the plot, but how did they get those pictures? That motel was a totally random stop. Even if she called Burke, how could he get in and take the pictures?

I really thought that the time he and Dina had sex before the climax was going to result in her getting pregnant!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "Awful story"

WTF? You're worried about the clothes/bodies of the protagonists? How would that affect the story? If he was 6'2", sweatshirt and jeans, or 5'10" in a suit, would that make a difference in the story? She's a 5'2" blond or a 5'6" brunette, does that change anything?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@Xzy89c1

I totally disagree that he and Dina hate each other. They obviously have some issues, exacerbated by their inability to have children (so far), but their love is not in doubt.

tangledweedtangledweedover 5 years ago
Twice in one week?

GITM is back with her own brand exquisite emotional torment, in the form of self-inflicted guilt and very real consequences of the weakness of human character.

If life is like a box of chocolates, GITM is the bittersweet, dark selection that erases the cloying sweetness of the rest. The one you want to let melt in your mouth, so you can savor it longer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
An easy 5*

One of my favourite authors on this site and a must read everytime I see her name attached to a story.

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 5 years ago
Re. BR58’s comment

I’ve refrained from criticizing or engaging with blackrandl1958 for a while, because it only seems to rile up her clique and fuel the flames of this fictitious “war” the anonies insist is ongoing, but...hopefully this comment will be taken in the spirit in which it was given.

As mentioned, I’m a huge fan of GITM. I happen to think she’s the best writer on this site, with only Todd172 providing any real competition. And if I offended anyone by excluding your name from my top-two list, I don’t apologize, because it’s only one man’s opinion.

That said, this is not her finest effort — by far — and to suggest it’s HOF-worthy and appropriate material for high school dissertations is either delusional or sycophantic to the extreme. It’s okay to support your friend. It’s okay to praise when appropriate and even to offer helpful criticism. It doesn’t make you a bad person if you offer such criticism regardless of how you feel about the author herself. Frankly, it doesn’t help her at all to shamelessly gush over her story when it isn’t deserved.

As I mentioned earlier, this story began with an incredible amount of tension, conflict, intrigue, and downright horror. But to ignore the ending is to ignore its entire premise. If this is supposed to be a cautionary tale, then we should have seen some negative consequences resulting from the source of that caution.

If this is supposed to be an action/thriller, then we shouldn’t have been given such an inconsistent description of the hero and villain. In their first confrontation, the villain knocked the hero to the floor with one punch and completely emasculated him. In their second confrontation, the hero magically became an expert in hand-to-hand combat and marksmanship. And as I mentioned earlier, having his wife deliver the final mortal shot is a longstanding Hollywood trope. And their reconciliation made zero sense in the context of the rest of the story.

What I enjoy most about writing is painting my characters into a seemingly impossible corner and then coming up with a clever and unique way of escaping. I didn’t find this particular escape unique or plausible in the real world. But maybe I’ve watched too many movies and have become too cynical and jaded.

Entertaining? Absolutely. Worthy of the HOF and the attention of high school honors students? Not really.

Again: big fan of GITM, but I doubt she needs the ass-kissing. Let’s keep it real.

FirstwithUFirstwithUover 5 years ago
@Sbrooks

She picked the hotel. It was all a set up from the start. Remember she looked on her phone for the nearest motel.

FirstwithUFirstwithUover 5 years ago
@Sbrooks

She picked the motel. Remember she checked her phone for the nearest one. It was all a set up from the very beginning. The meeting at the gas station store, the motel, the meeting the ex. Everything was planned.

@ GITM 5*

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 5 years ago
To SJ

I will most certainly kiss GirlintheMoon's ass at every possible opportunity! I would consider it an honor!

Now to your rather insipid at times and inflammatory at others, comment. If you want a comment to be taken in the spirit in which it is given, I suggest you give the comment in a gentlemanly manner, or admit you are trying to stir the pot. You would lead a reader to believe that you are going to be reasonable, and possibly conciliatory. Then you use phrases like "delusional or sycophantic to the extreme". You claim you mean that in the nicest possible way, but you're being an asshole, and I mean that in all sincerity. If you consider your words as helping bury the hatchet, then consider me calling you an asshole to be the last shovel of dirt on the hatchet's grave. You really can't help yourself, can you?

You have every reason and right to express an opinion or two on this fine story, but you deliberately took a nasty swipe at Randi while proclaiming your honorable intentions. If you truly wanted this dispute to die, you'd just let it go. There was zero reason to single out Randi's comment. Others praised GitM's story to the heavens and you did not choose to mention any of them. I promise you that GitM will not feel complimented, and Todd172 will not feel like your support is something he wants, needs, or even accepts. Things have been quiet, but you choose to toss more shit into the fan? Not the actions of a man seeking an uneasy peace, in my humble opinion.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Negative Consequences?

He got shot, almost got his wife (and dog!) killed, and nearly lost his marriage.

It's not BTBastard, but to say that there were no consequences makes it seem like you're looking for ax handles!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@FirstwithU

Thanks, I missed that.

Impo_64Impo_64over 5 years ago
One phrase defines this story...

One phrase defines this story..."The affair might have been a wake-up call, but it didn't save my marriage. Dina did."...A very good story...4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Praising a story because of who wrote it is like praising a meal because of who cooked it. This was mediocre, at best.

Sometimes when all the high ranking Literotica authors huddle up to praise each other it looks like a cooking contest among McDonald's cooks. They all cook the same burger, and they all claim each other's burgers are unbelievable. Sorry, but its just a grill fried burger with some some sauce and cheap white bread. If that's all you know, then I guess its Chateaubriand.

The main character was stupid, weak, and selfish. The marriage was shallow, distant, and tepid. The Louise character was boiler plate contrived, and the scam was about as subtle as a Fajita fart in an elevator.

And, of course, the only people who carried those evil demonic "guns" were the bad guys. Dumb shit was too busy playing his dumb shit role to think about, oh maybe, survival, danger, self defense, protection. Yeah, if he needs a gun he'll just grab it from an experienced stronger smarter faster bad guy. You just type the words on your computer and, Shazam!, the bad guys are all dead and the husband and wife are struggling to rebuild their marriage. Since their marriage is about as strong and complex as a Lego structure it shouldn't take them long to get right back where they were before Kit entered their lives, which is right back to zero.

And this is supposed to be amazing incredible literature? I'm embarrassed for you. BR, Oshaw, HDK, even GITM, you've written some really great works. And some not so great. This is just another burger, same ol' same ol'. I won't insult your truly great works by ranking this lame piece anywhere near the same level. It's snot.

Todd172Todd172over 5 years ago
The Best of Us

GITM is, in my opinion, the best actual writer among us. Many of us, myself included, are storytellers. GITM is an actual Writer. She has a skill at crafting words that we can only dream of having. 5*s, as always.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good story

It could happen.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 5 years ago
Pluses and minuses

Interesting beginning. Clues abound even for someone as poor as I am on picking things up. Tension, emotions, observations are up to this author's standards. The fight/rescue scene was pretty ridiculous. It just didn't work from my view. The characters? Just ever so slightly over the top, or more? Depends on one's point of view I imagine. GITM has written some of the best stuff on this site by far. This isn't one of them.

Bebop3Bebop3over 5 years ago
SwingerJoe

I just read through the comments and sort of wish I hadn't.

What's up with calling someone out because their opinion differs from yours? Randi enjoyed the story a great deal, therefor she's a sycophant. I'm not following the logic.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 5 years ago
5 stars!

Thank you for a fantastic story with good and evil, innocence and deceit and above all...redemption.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thomas Wolfe???

This story has a familiar plot, "Bonfire of the Vanities", and I recognize the good writing. Ignore the critics. It obviously is impossible to develop this complex story in four pages, but you could in maybe 12. Hemenway did in some of hus magazine pieces, and the New Yorker and Atlantic do. I am glad you tried.

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
What a cool story!

You wrote a wonderful story. I don't know what that one guy's problem is. I know who Blackrandi1958 is, but who's this Swingerjoe clown?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I think you captured a mood.

I felt trapped and panicked right along with Lincoln. You know how to put me into the character. Just about a perfect story.

@swingerjoe

Why can't you let it go? BR1958 is the heartbeat of this place. She does way more around here than you do and I'd say if anyone knows what a great story is, she does.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years ago
Don't be embarrassed for me, Annie.

Doesn't matter to me. I think what I think. What I think isn't based on what you think, or anyone else. State your opinion, but don't diss mine. I have the credentials to back mine up; I earned them. I could tell you about my degrees and that I am an English professor at a University, but anyone can make claims. I can prove I know what talent is. Check the top 50 of the LW Hall of Fame. I know quality writing. I have edited for all but four of those writers, and six of the top 20 are from anthologies I organized, including numbers one and two. I know great writing and I can prove it. You have the right to your opinion, and so do I. The difference is, I have credentials. I say Girlinthemoon is an amazing writer and that this is a great, great story. So does Oshaw, Stev2244, HDK, Todd172 and a whole host of other writers and readers. So on the one hand we have a bunch of LW toplisters and award winning writers, including two who have won "Novel of the Year" on this site; on the other hand we have Annie. I think I know where I'll land.

You have the right to your opinion. You should let it go at that and not diss other people for their opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I don't understand something.

I read the story and I read the comments.

I thought the story was pretty good. Somebody mentioned "Bonfire of the Vanities", and I see the similarities, but this was better. I gave this a four. I didn't like the main character very much but I liked his wife.

Most of the comments didn't seem to be much about the story. I have to read some more stories, but it looked like there's a group of writers who all know each other. I read one comment who mentioned someone named Annie, but I couldn't find her.

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonover 5 years ago
First class.

Well written, well-drawn characters, a first-class read, as we've come to expect from this author. Thank you GitM for sharing your imagination, talent and craft with us. And for the previous commenter, I don't have any idea who Annie is, but I really don't think it (she?) matters.

GA

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
See, This is why we need Ids!

Randi was responding to an Anon. I THOUGHT she was responding to the one above her, who was defending her, but the end of Randi's response SEEMS like she's responding to a negative Annie.

I just figured it out. She was referring to an Anon FIVE anons ago, the one before Todd's comment.

It shouldn't be that hard to follow a conversation!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Sweet soul music

You write with soul. You also have talent with characters and pacing. Best of all, like most really good short story writers you don't fill in all the blanks.

You could be writing for magazines or whatever the modern equivalent is.

Congratulations!

R.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Dina

Dina was the surprise in this story. What a woman,! I thought she was going to offer herself to Burke and Kenny, but she attacks them. I don't really think Kit was innocent in this little scheme. She was probably the brains of the bunch. This was a very entertaining story from GITM. Dark and entertaining.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 5 years ago
Normally, this would not be my kind of story.

I'm not crazy for stories where the husband is the cheater and although I usually have some violence in my stories as well, this was a little too much than I usually like; HOWEVER, this is GirlintheMoon. I can't remember ever giving her less than 5 stars. Word for word I think she is the best of us all on this site. I believe she could write the telephone book and make it read like a novel.

Thank you and I look forward to your next.

kimi1990kimi1990over 5 years ago
Top shelf stuff.

A tale spun with the precision of a master weaver. Suspense, temptation, illicit blood pumping with the young seductress, convoluted schemes and final retribution and redemption. What's not to love? Your usual magic. Thanks for the engrossing tale. I read the original screenplay for "The Hitchhiker" years ago, and this captures that stormy mood well. Five stars, of course.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A good story ....but

I have to agree that this probably wouldn’t have happened the way it did. I doubt they would have followed them all the way to New York then waited several weeks to make contact for a lousy 10 grand. The story would have had much more tension had it played out on the road and kept him from returning to his wife for a while. I liked a lot of it but that one flaw keeps bugging me enough to make it unbelievable.

InsigniaInsigniaover 5 years ago
"This?"

I thoght for sure at the bar KitKat was going to lift her shirt a reveal a bit of a baby bump to our non-Cadillac hero.

No one writes dialogue like Lunagirl. Reading her stories is sometimes like a lobster buffett. I called her out on 'Corralled" for lacking tension and she came back at us in spades. If this is not her best it is close. We never learn how complicit Kit is. I am also wondering how Dina turned into a maudelin Bette Davis while Mr. Continental humped around the block.

Thank you GitM for a well paced tale, characters that are real and for not having Burke say, "Oh my God. They killed Kenny!"

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 5 years ago
Something Different

Somehow almost everyone in this tale seems real. Perhaps Kenny and Burke were a little too evil, but Kit and Dina and our hero were believable. Not necessarily likable, but I could picture them as being real people. Sometimes even a coward reaches the breaking point and LIncoln was pushed a little too far and did something to save himself and Dina that he would never have predicted he could do. Good stuff: 5*

patilliepatillieover 5 years ago
That is a good one

the first GITM story I liked for some time, good pacing, plot, had to suspend disbelief a few times, but within reason. Nice job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
BLACKRANDL1958

Wants all of us to respect others opinions.

Except for me , my 3*s. Offend her, lol.

I just can't take her seriously.

KnightofWesteros

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
4*s

Liked the story. Start was Hitchcock, middle like Tarentino(recalled by LSD), but the ending was Sergio Leone spaghetti western.

Gave it 4*s.

Thanks for the read.

AMerryman

P.S. I'm in a band.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I must defend.

This knight of Westeros is a wretch. He slanders the name of good people, He is really nothing than a poser by the name of Egg who has a habit of making false claims. One day he claims to be one of the band of Merrymen, denizens of Sherwood, the next some prince of the realm. He is really nothing but a scrooge, doling out his miserly stars and emojis like a poltroon. If every anyone was not to be taken seriously it is this Merrymn/Egg japester. He is but a fool and takes the name of his betters in vain. What does he do? What does he write? What does he add to anything? Egg, mostly on his own face. I fart in your general direction, fool. Five stars!

Aerion

RTR10RTR10over 5 years ago

Great story!!! Although I did wonder if Kit would turn up pregnant & give the baby to them before she left for jail or just left....

FirstBorn374FirstBorn374over 5 years ago
This is not her best story.

I read Girl in the Moon's two newest stories, and then I picked the story that was at the top of her list, "A Rush of Blood to the Face". The oldest of the three stories was the best by far.

I enjoyed all three, but so far, as I read some other stories on Literotica "Corralled" and "Hitched" seemed just "very OK". Someone said she was the best pure writer on Literotica. I thought everything I've read so far was pretty good, and I gave all three stories fives, but I think we've got a long way to go to match up with say Edna Ferber ("Saratoga Trunk"), or Owen Witzel ("The Virginian").

FirstBorn374FirstBorn374over 5 years ago
I have a comment.

I read Hitched, and then I read Corralled. Then I read the story A Rush of Blood to the Head. I thought of the three stories A Rush of Blood to the Head was the best by far.

I liked Corralled and Hitched, but I thought they were just very OK.

ejsathomeejsathomeover 5 years ago
I agree . . .

. . . with LTW. She is an incredible, insanely good writer, for sure. Her writing frightens me with the emotion that she brings out. Nuff said.

DFWBeastDFWBeastover 5 years ago
Thank you as always, GITM

Absolutely in awe of your talent lady! Thank you for your stories, those I love and those I don't. Always extremely well written and the characters are almost always very challenging. Hard for me to cheer for our hero. I just fucking HATE cheaters! LOL!

As for if this was one of your best... lol. Funny that you're being compared to yourself as a mark of excellence, a clear indication that you're in an elite group of outstanding writers on this site.

Again, thank you for story.

Killian

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Enjoyed it.

Tale of a man who made a huge mistake, and of a loving wife who stood by him.

Prince020402Prince020402over 5 years ago
Well written but one huge hole...

Why, after just witnessing a cold blooded murder in a hotel room, did they let him leave? What stopped him from going strait to the nearest police station (since his cell was dead), or flagging down the nearest beat cop or squad car (since he was in a seedy neighborhood there should have been a few), borrowed a phone etc. and given them the location and room number of the hotel? The police would have walked in on a dead crack whore in a pool of blood, a guy with a knife and his fingerprints and DNA all over it and the victim, and a witness or two that would have easily rolled over on the murderer. That probably would have solved all of his problems and Dina might never have found out if he could make a deal to suppress the pics. Thats what I would have done...just sayin'.

chytownchytownover 5 years ago
Thanks***

For the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Still

Still publishing garbage.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years ago
I wonder what the hell is wrong with you people.

Reading down the comments on this story, there are sure a butt-load of people who imagine they are some amateur version of Siskel and Ebert. You need to get over yourselves.

Tell me, is it your intention to drive the few decent writers we have who post here away? Whatever your intention, that's what you're doing. I, and others of like mind, am trying to build a community here. We encourage writers to post stories, try to correspond with readers and involve them, have events we think they might enjoy, edit, and try to make it a pleasant environment. It only takes about 30 assholes commenting to make any positive experience a writer might have go away. Enough of those experiences and the writer goes away.

I see people complaining that few good authors post here. Well, rude assholes who imagine they know shit about writing are the primary reason for that. Yeah, I'm talking about you.

Who the hell do you people think you are? You come into a free site, with volunteer writers and editors, and act like you're reviewing a story you paid good money for in some glossy literary magazine. Sorry, guys, just amateur writers here, trying to post a story that will entertain someone.

Keep doing what you're doing. There may be a few new writers who come in, not knowing what you are like, and they'll be out as soon as they discover they just offered their work to a bunch of assholes, for abuse. Every day, I know more and more writers who have not the slightest interest in posting in LW. These aren't purveyors of bad stroke stories. These are HOF writers.

We all appreciate discriminating readers who hold us to a high standard. None of us, and I have a wide acquaintance among writers, have the slightest appreciation for "*** good read, thanks." There is not a writer on the planet who can please many of you. You lament the state of the category now; just wait and see what it's like in a year or two when you've driven every good writer on the site away. Then you can read some fine interracial cuckolding stories and give those writers hell. Who knows, maybe they like abuse and negativity. The rest of us don't.

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 5 years ago
not a fan of cheating husband stories but

not everyone likes the same thing. many commenters fail to grasp that. fuck em!

this is well written and easy to read. i'm no writer but an enthusistic reader. i for one appreciate all the good writers of non spank loving wives tales and many others do too. 5 stars for this story.

writers should not get too upset over comments and scores given by retards.

as i said, not my cup of tea but, five stars and a big thankyou for all writers who take the time and trouble to give us a wide selection of stories to choose from.

thankyou all.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Agree with BR1958 again

The majority of stories being posted are less than mediocre. I see an occasional post from GITM, WDMC, BR1958, Malraux, Bob44, Hooked, Javmor, and a few others, that keep LW from dying completely. I won't read trash, although occasionally I see a comment that causes me to read a story and add my own comment. Of the 7 stories published last night, I read only one. I am reading the old immortals in the archives, and finding some new, to me, authors that I am enjoying very much. I would really like to see some talented new writers post some stories, get support, and take off. But like Randl says " You idiots will run them off. " Then all we will have is insulting each other in our comment wars.

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinover 5 years ago
What BR said

As a new writer here, I'm still feeling the adrenaline rush of posting stories. I can easily see how the comments can get old after a while, and send authors to greener pastures. Some of these comments are so absurd, I hope GITM and other good authors see them for what they are.

Giving this story 1 star is ludicrous. Any person who posts that knows it. Writing alone starts this story at 4 stars. Compare this story to any other published last week and say with a straight face this story is "below average."

Unfortunately, my comment here is exactly the type of comment that the trolls relish, a response to their flinging of poo. So you can chalk my comment up as a partial win for the Poo Fighters. To all writers who wade in the cauldron of cacophony that is LW, I salute you. I was reading GITM and other good authors for years before I ever dared write a story of my own. If there weren't decent authors here, I'd not have spent much time reading stories, and I sure wouldn't have wanted to contribute one.

stev2244stev2244over 5 years ago
I couldn't agree more with Randi

I'm especially sick of that arrogant "Thanks ***For the read" shit. Along comes a brilliant story from a talented author and some guy who has never submitted a single line sits back like some American Idol judge. "Hmm, no, next, thank you."

3* is not a "Thank you", it is a rude and unjustified downvoting.

The problem is that some guys are totally ignorant of the damage they're doing to this site and probably won't even read this.

halfday35halfday35over 5 years ago
Enjoyable

Nice story well written. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great

Wonderful writing, thank you!

I really can't understand the people who dislike what you wrote here. I don't get it.

bruce22bruce22over 5 years ago
Fascinating Tale

It seemed that he had all hope and then came back from that extreme position.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Please repost The Beach House.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Not like SOmething Wild at all

Unless you want to put all violent triangle stories in the same bucket.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Why did the lights go out?

And the dog barked at -- what? It added to the mystery but was it ever used in the rest of the story?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
There For A Little While

I was thinking if she had red hair and a southern twang this could almost be one of my favorite good time stories 'Turning Towards Ohio', almost that is. Then the arc changed really dark and twisted in a way that way I didn't expect would go quite as far as it did. Now I seem to have picked up a second favorite female author, the other of course is Randi. Signed: BTW

NaiaTinkAbellaNaiaTinkAbellaover 3 years ago
It was eh...

This is the first story I gave a 4 out of 5... The characters didn't really speak to me. I didn't like any of them in the way you should become emotionally attached to the characters you're reading about. I don't know why they waited six weeks to threaten him. No closure on random girl that got killed. If some bitch came over and told me my husband cheated with her I'd beat her to death, not sob into a glass of wine so I lost a lot of respect for Dina. Overall, could be better. I love your writing so keep up the good work

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Again

Great story to read again. Anyone who.can't recognize that fact.just shouldn't be reading.here, or at least just stick to the cuck stories. A *5 anywhere.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Female writer? Yup…no clue how male emotions work as always…

Anyway as selfish an MC that I have ever seen…wife at 37 begging for help in getting preggo…but this selfish SOB is more worried about his own readiness…if u were not ready to be a father why the fuck get married asshole?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Interesting story but the MC was a real selfish jerk. Felt bad for Dina and what she is willing to put up with.

A_BierceA_Bierce11 months ago

Beautifully written, of course. A couple of cardboard villains, but they were simply spear carriers to the complex characters: Kit, Lincoln, and Dina. She (Dina) was the surprise; Lincoln tried to paint her as a manipulative, chilly wife obsessed with getting pregnant, but she proved to be an understanding, supportive, forgiving helpmate. The casual telling of Burke slitting the platinum blondes throat was chilling as GITM just sort of threw it in then left it, setting the stage for the bloody final scene in their apartment. And leaving us uncertain about Kit's real role completed the complex weaving of threads as the story closed. Wow.

HighBrowHighBrow4 months ago

Thrilling ride. Momentum, trajectory, detonation, HEA.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Wow. Great writer.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Intense story. Amazing ending. Wow. 5 blazing nova stars. How is this not rated higher?

AnonymousAnonymous15 days ago

Amazing horror story. You sure can write.

DukeofPaducahDukeofPaducah5 days ago

I enjoyed the building tension as Lincoln slowly realized things were not as he imagined. He was still too distracted by pheromones to change course. Bloomer dust, my pappy called it.

This author’s characters are the best. They reflect real human traits, flaws ‘n all. Lincoln was mainly a cornholio until his wife finally gave him some TP. She was the true heroine in this tale. I wished her success with her pregnancy. Kit remained a mystery to me; a co-conspirator certainly, but not fully corrupt. She reminded me why I don’t pick up hitchhikers. Usually.

Taking a ride with this Girl also reminded me of advice one ex-girlfriend used to give when picking me up: ‘Get in, sit down, shut up and hang on.’

/

When my wife first became pregnant, I went with her to a check-up.

As the doctor was finishing up, she asked, “Do you have any questions?”

I asked, “How will this affect our sex life?”

She said, “The first trimester there is no change. The second trimester, side by side or doggy-style

may be more comfortable. The last trimester you may be restricted to coyote style.”

I said, “I’ve never heard of that.”

The doctor replied, “That’s where you just lay by the hole and howl.” 🙀

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGirlintheMoon@GirlintheMoon
I write filthy stories and drink too much coffee. *** Come find me on twitter: girlinthemoon7 ***

SIMILAR Stories