All Comments on 'Hobbs Hollow'

by Lost Boy

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 4 years ago
Sweet story, my friend.

You just get better, amaze me more. Another, please. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Holly shit, get an editor.

Without talking about basic grammar, what the fuck did you do with the dialogue tags? Commas, dude, not periods, when it's a he said/she said situation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Can't help but wish...

that the author had taken the energy he used, in writing this tale, and devoted it to producing the next chapter of "Lost and Found." You want my reasons? Fine!

First, this story should have been submitted under the Sci-Fi/Fantasy or Erotic Horror genres. Out of five long pages of plodding story, there are only 4 or 5 extremely brief references to the fact that the protagonist (Rinaldo) is schtupping Madison, and that she's his half-sister, to qualify it for submission under Incest/Taboo. The rest of the story is "Cthulhu meets Monty Python," but with none of the expected hilarious gag-lines or the true sense of Lovecraftian horror.

Second, the tale wandered all over the landscape, and wound up feeling much more like a pair of characters (Rinaldo and Madison) in search of a story - with the author looking to see how many extraneous "references" he could shoe-horn into the text, from his 'library" of famous fantasy/horror/sci-fi books and films.

I found it interesting that one of the minor characters used mushrooms to try and poison someone. I couldn't help but wonder what sort of 'shrooms the author was tripping, on, when he came up with the idea for this attempt at a story.

The truly amazing thing, in all of this, was that Randi liked it. I've read her stories, and she's got it over this author, like a roof, in spades!

Lost BoyLost Boyover 4 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the critique

In my defense, I write for fun and I added the cinematic references as Easter eggs for the reader to see if they could pick them out. I am sorry if it was a little rushed. I began it late and I'll admit i should have started earlier and looked it over more. Thanks for your honesty. LB

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Keep the stories cumming

I'm not worried about spelling or grammar , fuck those guys, I'm looking for something to grab my attention in the first couple of paragraphs, keep up the good work and the stories cumming

gemman1gemman1over 4 years ago
Great Story

Well done with this one..you are getting better and better, like BlackRandl said

taco1085taco1085over 4 years ago
wow

what a great story,,,, I hope tori is ok,,, time to use some holly water on everyone.... I bet they all are possessed and dead..

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Yo I liked the story I dont care what any one says. This story is great. To all the naysayers out there you think ur better prove it write a story that's better. Doing that is way more constructive than the shite talking. Anyway lostboy keep up the good work;)

-M_GREY

kdeville87kdeville87about 4 years ago

great story more please

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLost Boy@Lost Boy
22-08-23 Sorry for the extremely long hibernation. My heart attack and recovery have hit me harder than expected. To be honest, it will likely be a bit before I continue. I am struggling with meds and coherent thought at the moment. I'll do my best to continue with stories alr...