Holding Out For A Hero

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He replied with a catchphrase, already used dozens of times in dozens of ports. But in the meantime, his resolute brain was imagining the tall girl on her open knees in front of him, wrapping her plump lips in a deep-throat blowjob, eager to swallow. He was certain that a girl with such a quick tongue must be super-professional in oral sex. And he didn't even have to try to imagine what her nipples or pussy looked like: the newcomer was so fierce and proud, that she walked among the boatmen with her bare tits and pussy in full view.

At that moment, Helena also appeared, slower on her wooden heels. Agamemnon's brother Menelaus had stopped shouting orders to the porters and listened in silence to his brother's dialogue. As soon as he saw Helena, Menelaus felt a twinge in his heart. Was it an arrow of Eros, or was it simply the magical attraction to the most beautiful woman in the world? Either way, after one glance, Menelaus was completely in love: fool and blind.

Thirdly, from behind the curtain, Penny also appeared.

But the first Mycenaean hero now only looked at Clyt's proud nipples.

The second Mycenaean hero only looked at Helena, blonde and perfect as a goddess.

There were no other heroes left for Penny.

Enough is enough.

Penny shouted to Clyt "I hope you're satisfied, cursed you! You've been mean to me, as usual! But I've had enough! I give up!"

Penny abandoned her irredeemable cousins (they were royal princesses and could take care of themselves! The whole harbor belonged to Daddy...) and she ran back to the Palace. Alone, as ever.

.

Chapter 3. I Need a...

.

Penny ran out of downtown. She reached the palace without saying a word of goodbye to anyone. She urgently climbed the stairs weeping silently and locked herself in her room: the room where it happened.

As usual, on the street, no one had noticed her: yet she wore high heels and proudly displayed her bare tits, with erect nipples. But the two rich Mycenaeans, tall and muscular, had fallen in love with the twin cousins, and as usual, there was no third Cretan available for poor Penny.

Locked in her room, Princess Penny wept bitter tears.

"I don't want a nerd with pimples and glass lenses resting on top of his eyelids (I didn't even understand what they were for)! I want a man tough and rough, a real Alpha Wolf Pack leader, hirsute and stained with the blood of prey!"

Penny paced around the room, wringing her hands in anger. "My father is a stupid tiny man with the ribcage of a cricket! I need a strong, vigorous man! I want him sweaty and bloody! Am I a fool? Isn't it an instinct, for a healthy girl, to desire to be fucked by the strongest, most valiant male? If the father were strong, the sons would also be strong, healthy, and even wise... as valiant but also wise is my Goddess, Athena."

Trying to calm her anger against her father, Penny knelt before the small altar in her room, with a painted image of the blue-eyed goddess Athena.

Penny knew she was alone in the room. A huge storm had broken out outside, as it does in the Mediterranean suddenly. Who knows if the two cousins were safe in the palace, or if they were haggling to buy a cock from the Cretan henhouse. Penny banished that dull thought.

"I beg you, almighty goddess Athena, you have never married and you understand the needs of a girl during a stormy night, between lightning and thunderbolts... I beg you, my dearest goddess, let me have an orgasm tonight, I need it so badly! Those blind Myceneans... and even my father does not understand me..."

"Your father doesn't understand you, darling? If you know my father's behavior... that dumb Zeus, he didn't even know I was about to pop out of his skull! And I was wearing a helmet, armor, and even a spear, stronger than his despicable cock! What a hard head... He never understood anything, he - what can I say? He's just a male... selfish and always in a hurry. Hera is ten thousand times better than him, and even Demeter my beloved, and Persephone, and even Artemis is wiser than him, even though she spends every whole night running and laughing with the girls from her hunting game."

Athena had appeared in a cloud of grey smoke. This time she was not wearing a helmet and shield, but was holding her long spear. She stroked it with her left hand and it shortened into the shape of a rounded wooden cylinder, about 10 inches long.

The goddess gently reached out her hand and handed the faithful worshipper a carved wooden dildo.

"All clever girls use an object like this. There would be a need for what Archimedes of Pythagoras would call, in Greek, "electricity", but as you have no cables here in Sparta, you are not yet ready... I will remedy this, ASAP.

See this rounded tip, which looks like an apple. You must introduce it into your vagina, after lubricating it with lots of saliva. And see this shaft that looks like a baby arm? You will need it to push the knob in, as far as you need it, as far as your fingers will go.

Don't worry about your precious Hymen (ah, these Greeks!), the dildo I gave you is magical and immaterial... thanks to this immaterial dildo, you will orgasm like a Material Girl, but still Like a Virgin."

Penny fell to her knees, her eyes downcast. "Thank you, my goddess!" Then she looked up again to ask when the perfect guy would arrive... but the goddess had already vanished into the grey smoke.

###

Penny began to masturbate with her fingers while covering the hard dildo Athena had given her with saliva. It was really hard and the girl could not believe that the goddess had said it was "immaterial", because it felt like a very solid object to the touch.

Penny began to moan loudly. The downpour of rain outside the open window covered her voice: none of the handmaids in the corridors could hear past the heavy oak door that was bolted shut.

"Where have all the good men gone, and where are all the gods? Where's the streetwise Hercules To fight the rising odds?" Small tears bathed her closed eyes. Big tears bathed her labia maiora, under her clitoris (where is he, dear reader? Is it possible that so many men cannot find it, even with their fingers or their tongue, looking closely with both eyes and say "this name sounds Greek to me!"?).

With her eyes closed she imagined that no knight would ever come to ask her father, King Icarius of Sparta, for her hand. "Isn't there a white knight, riding upon a fiery steed?"

With exaggerated delicacy, Penny placed the tip of the saliva-covered dildo on the already wet labia. Rain was coming in through the open window: it was raining wet. But it was a hot summer, and it would not be two raindrops that would distract Penny from her strategic goal: not for nothing was she a true worshipper of Athena.

"Late at night, I toss and I turn, and I dream of what I need... And I know very well what I need. Not a pimply nerd swamped in storybooks, but a Hunter, worth of Artemis' crew!

I need a hero... I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night... He's gotta be strong, and he's gotta be fast and he's gotta be fresh from the fight! Maybe he doesn't have to be a man-killer... I despise the warmongers.

I'm even OK with a hunter who kills a boar without fear of being injured and limping forever, in exchange for a single heroic act! I could wait for him for hours... I need a hero, I'm holding out for a hero 'til the morning light! But he must be devoid of doubts and uncertainties, typical of fat and lazy library intellectuals among the shelves of the bibliotheca (greek).

Bookworms like my father... or maybe I must say maybe: scroll-worms, parchment-eaters... because there are no books in libraries!

Oh, no. My hero will have to be the opposite of my father! Wise? Streetwise, and self-assured! He's gotta be sure, and it's gotta be soon and he's gotta be larger than life!"

Penny interrupted herself. She wondered if she had said that out loud. But yes, her ears confirmed it: her mouth had indeed said: "larger than life". And Penny didn't mean "tall"... she meant that his cock had to spread her labia, as the fat dildo given by Athena was doing at that moment!

Penelope continued to masturbate in silence. She was still wearing the bare-breasted tunic, but her legs were bare. Many girls masturbate with their pajamas on, it's more comfortable, said Athena who watched her silently.

With one hand she stroked a nipple, a gesture she had been doing for years before pinching it hard and then stroking it again. Sometimes touching her tits was enough to give her a real orgasm, which made her knees tremble!

But that night Athena's gift required her to focus her attention on her vulva.

Thinking of the riding white knight she had mentioned earlier, Penny wondered if that dildo would also allow her to ride him, like a saddle on her usual royal mare from the stable. She stopped stroking her nipples and concentrated on the wiser way of impaling herself against the smooth marble floor, using Athena's gift.

Penny clenched the muscles of her vagina to hold the dildo in place, and bent on her knees, squatting (that's a Greek verb), crushing the wooden statue against the floor.

The dildo impaled her deeply, although, magically, it had not torn her hymen.

Penny had never felt such a sensation and for a moment she remained motionless, yelling.

Then, slowly, she began to sway up and down. The rhythm was faster and faster. Her right hand rested on the floor, her left hand fiddled with her clitoris.

A flash lit up the room. Luckily no one could see inside: for an instant, the princess was visible in the full light of noon, as she had the climax of her orgasm.

After a few minutes of labored breathing, Penelope pulled out the dildo. She was convinced she would find it covered in bloodstains, instead, it was as clean as new, and flaccid. Every minute it became shorter and thinner, like a deflated balloon.

In the post-orgasmic bliss, the now satisfied princess began to process her thoughts again, saying the words aloud in a slow pacing, as if it were a prayer or a spell.

"Somewhere after midnight, in my wildest fantasy... Somewhere, just beyond my reach, someone is reaching back for me (I hope Athena allows it!). Racing on the thunder, and rising with the heat, it's gonna take a Hyper Man to sweep me off my feet, yeah!"

Note to reader. Yes, the concept of Superman comes to us from Greek civilization. No, it is not an original idea of Friedrich Nietzsche, and he was aware of it. Yes, Penelope had an orgasm, deep and rich in satisfaction, not like the lack of satisfaction of some stones rolling. No, she was convinced she was completely alone and unseen by anyone, as always. Yes, she fell asleep like a kitten and had no more sad thoughts. No, Penny was not alone: and not only because of the presence of the goddess Athena, who always helps wise girls while they masturbate. Yes, there will be a plot twist: stay tuned.

.

Chapter 4: I Need... an Oath.

.

Outside the window, hanging on the marble sill with his fingers, the cleverest boy in all Greece had listened to everything, holding out in the pouring rain. Now he was wet and soaked, but he knew all he needed to know. He had listened to the nonsense said by the two Myceneans, and he had admired the two Spartan princesses, but he had quickly realized that the marvelous one was the third. But he came from a small rocky island in the Adriatic Sea, near Croatia. He was not as rich as the two princes of Mycenae, and could not introduce himself immediately to her: so, without being seen, he had followed the tearful girl and then deduced from the shape of the towers what her room might be, the room where it happens.

She complained that nobody noticed her on the street.

He, on the other hand, did everything he could not be noticed by others: unfortunately, they often recognized him and asked him to help, for free or even steal his precious time. To avoid that, in Sparta he said his name was Sean Beaneater, and that he came from a small island near Croatia. The Adriatic accent somehow seemed to corroborate this little White Lie.

Nobody noticed her.

Nobody noticed him. For a different reason, of course.

But at the end of the day, they were the same: two soul mates. He had understood this: it was not for nothing that his friends (and opponents) considered him the cleverest man in the whole of Greece.

He had climbed while a heavy storm prevented the servants and guards from noticing his presence, and that had been an advantage: balanced by the disadvantage that he was now all soaked and cold. But he had resisted, convinced that a small sacrifice today could bring great rewards in the future.

Ulysses grinned to himself, thinking "Easy. It will be enough to borrow a white horse, and I will have conquered her..." when a candid owl rested on his fingers.

"Hedwig? Wrong Saga?"

The large eyes of the bird stared at him with contempt. "I am the goddess Athena, disbeliever. And if you allow me to say so, I perform far greater magic."

"Oh! My Goddess! Do not transfigure me! No, I am lying... now! I wasn't doing anything wrong!"

"Transfiguration... a Roman word. Sounds good, and appropriate to me. I want to think about it: the Romans invoke me as Minerva, when the hope is Gone At... Minerva Gone At All. But wait... Uh! Are you deliberately trying to distract me? Clever. I've been watching you for a long time here in Sparta: and I know for sure, that you were about to act like a cowardly pig and not a brave Man, right now. But I am the goddess of Wisdom and I want to HELP."

"Ah? WHO do you want to help? Me or your faithful worshipper?"

"Ah! Even a grammatical quibble! I note with pleasure that you are indeed as clever as they say, the rumors about you were true. Bravo. Indeed, I just want to help HER, but to do so, I will also help you. But you must swear to me that you will never lie to her. You can lie to everyone else if you want... you are a man, after all. But you will never lie to my Penny."

"I... it sounds challenging... if I could think about it for two days..."

The Owl's claws dug into the flesh of the little finger of his right hand. Ulysses abandoned his grip on the marble sill made slippery by the pouring rain. From the position he was in at that moment, he could not climb back up.

"Swear to me that you will never lie to her."

"I... my goddess..."

With a snap, the Owl bent her beak almost as if to sever the ring finger of her left hand cleanly. "You want me to cut? It is the finger where the wedding ring should be placed!"

"Wait. It is not proper to negotiate under pressure. If you let me land without injuring me, I will swear, but not in this position of mortal peril. If you obtain an Oath in this manner, ripping it from my mouth by violence, it would only be unjust extortion."

"I am pleased. I like you. I say this both as a goddess of wisdom and as a goddess of war strategy... not as that sweaty mess of Ares, god of confusion amidst the bedlam of battle. You are right, mortal man: no extortion. I'll settle you right now."

Gently the Owl's claws grasped the man's wrists, and he clenched his lips to keep from screaming and in that way reveal his position to Penelope. Who, meanwhile, had fallen asleep in bed and was snoring lightly, like a purring kitten.

Athena was a powerful goddess: although in the apparent form of an Owl, she could lift a grown man effortlessly.

After a quick flight, she landed him on a pile of straw. OK, zero killed (hence the expression, still in use today among aviators, "OK", which is of Greek origin).

In an absent voice, the Owl repeated some usual words - they are so effective that they have been repeated after thousands of flights all over the world, as a cultural heritage from Greek civilization: "Thank you for flying with us! We hope you enjoyed your flight as much as we enjoyed challenging your mind. Travelers bound for Troy will find a connecting flight at Gates "Skaian" in the West Section (also Gate 9 Y). Please remember to take all your belongings. Have a nice day!"

"Nice day! May I run away, please?"

"Absolutely not. Promise me you won't lie to Penelope, forever."

"Oh my goddess, how can I promise that I will never lie? If a man receives a piece of misinformation and repeats it, like a piece of unchecked fake news and rumors, do you consider him to be spreading a lie? If I told you that the entire Planet Earth revolves around the Sun, which is untrue, just because an erudite cosmographer in Egypt told me so, would I be considered a liar?"

"I get the impression, somehow, that your theoretical hypotheses are a trick to extract some information from me about the spherical shape of the Planet, and then sail past the Pillars of Hercules... which I don't approve of at all: anyone who sails too far west only shows a lack of wisdom.

But I like the way you think, Sherlock. Yes, I know, whatever.

All right, genius. Here's my offer.

If you OATH me forever, that you will not DELIBERATELY lie to her, that is, with the fraudulent intention of deceiving her, I will allow you to live and woo her (woo!). And in exactly one year, you can hope to marry her.

But it will not be enough for you to arrive riding a white horse. You will have to have the reputation of a great warrior, strong, muscular, brave, and heroic. You will have to practice a lot with weapons and running... and sweat, a lot, all the time. Anyway... do you have a weapon of preference?"

"I hope you like my preference, mighty goddess of Wisdom and Strategy. The most important thing in a hunt or a battle is not to hit the prey, but to return unharmed: am I right?"

"Wise words. Go on, I'm hearing."

"I bought a bow from a Phoenician merchant. The weapon came from central Asia. It is a composite bow, made of two horns joined with resin and strings. No one can draw it... except me, because I discovered the secret to drawing it. That particular bow can pierce a wooden shield covered with leather; a bronze breastplate; and even the plates of a rhinoceros. With that bow (which everyone believes is magic) I can hit prey without risking being gored or bitten. What do you say?"

"Very safe of you. I approve of the choice of the bow, but I would also like to see you often with a short sword and a large round shield."

"You will see me. Everyone will see me. One year will be enough to acquire a reputation. I would do anything to penetrate Penelope's... heart!" Ulysses said, swelling his muscles proudly.

"You don't look like the classic nerd with pimples, Nerd Pride style, do you?"

"No, I am primarily a hunter and subordinately a warrior: my name is Ulysses son of Laertes, king of Itha..."

"Oh, that's who you looked like! My devoted Queen Anticlea, and her funny husband from Ithaca, in the Adriatic Sea, not to be confused with the other Ithaca, the Ivy League one!"

"I beg your pardon, my Lady?"

"Pardon allowed. I know your mother well, dear son. She was so eager! Then, we have a deal. Now swear your Oath, son of my friend. Oath forever."

Ulysses knelt in the pouring rain. One hand on his heart uttered his oath: "Forever, I will never lie to Penelope to deceive her, may I die in that instant."

A flash of lightning illuminated that instant.

.

Chapter 5: plot twist.

.

Little Eros was looking at the photographs he had taken with the flash, laughing.

The first one was an almost naked princess, on her knees, her face contracted in orgasm as she impaled herself on a huge wooden dildo.

In the second was a hunter prince, on his knees, oathing eternal sincerity.

A spike scratched the naked back of the little god of Love between his short wings.

"Ouch... I'm busted?"

"I am the goddess of Wisdom, little winged one. You have never defeated me in all these centuries, did you want to succeed this very night?" asked sassy Athena, as she thrust the sharp point of her long spear against the bones of Eros' back.