All Comments on 'Holy Water'

by Glaze72

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
Comentarista82Comentarista824 months ago

I seriously cannot believe that I am the first one to comment on the story, because stories like this usually garner lots of attention; maybe this one will later.. but I can already tell you this is a hands-down 5!

***

I only found a few mishaps here and there, nothing of which marred the story execution. Your story flowed well - - just like Crystal Creek - and provided a very easy read. It's always wonderful- - even if not enough people say it - - when an author concentrates on grammar and transition so the reader doesn't have to piece together things from comma splices or other things that would provide hard stops to the reading. I absolutely loved how you presented Lily: she was quite the smart, witty, teasing, charming and intelligent female. It amazed me how well you drew her and how she bantered with Charlie. You also knew when to almost yank our hearts out--well, at least seriously pull on a heartstrings--when Lily knew he was leaving. About the only thing sadder was when he returned and found that dam; however, it really fueled his anger, which helped him destroy Malcolm's dam, and Lily soothed his aches so he could work non-stop. Certainly, you crafted a very magical tale-- including how she saved Margaret and her child--as well as brought Edith around to finally accepting her. It was also cute without being convenient at all, and it provides what most readers look for: a happy ending! I don't think you could have enriched a single thing any more to thoroughly charm and enchant us with this story.🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A rare find on this site. A story that flows as effortlessly as Crystal Creek. Kudos on a great tale of life love and transformation

I hope you win

boobfuckerboobfucker4 months ago

Once again I have tears running down my face. What a story! And what an artist you are. Thank you so much!

unrealtimeunrealtime4 months ago

Well, since I took the time to read Comentarista82’s post , there’s not much to say without feeling like I’m plagiarizing. I will just add the thought that if a daughter can inherit the family trade, why not a niece.

I will end with the obligatory complaint regarding inadequacy of a mere 5 stars.

WoodencavWoodencav4 months ago

Wow! That was different, such a nice storey. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Glaze72Glaze724 months agoAuthor

Thanks to everyone for all the nice comments so far! I tried submitting this one several years ago, but the formatting was bad and it got bounced back, and then I let it hang in limbo. If anyone would like to own this sweet little romance, you can find it under my pen name at Smashwords or Amazon (Alana Church) under the same title.

getthephenomgetthephenom4 months ago

Awesome story. The way you bring supernatural to life is really amazing.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

JTassJTass4 months ago

That was excellent!

5 stars and favorited.

Comentarista82Comentarista824 months ago

Who would have ever thought that the words "you worm" might be the last two words you hear before you die? ;-)

RK52RK524 months ago

An excellent story. I am so happy first for the great work and second for your willingness to submit it here. A well deserved five stars.

davp6255davp62554 months ago

I humbly beseech you to write a followup. A truly wonderful tale and so well written. I am sorry that I can only give it 5 stars, it surly deserves more

HistProf2019HistProf20194 months ago

Excellent story. Deserves to win,

and more than 5 stars.

ArediaAredia4 months ago

I echo what davp6266 said. :)

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Your story was an absolutely unexpected delight to read!

lAnatomistelAnatomiste4 months ago

What a WONDERFUL love story.

I agree with everyone else, 5-stars is nowhere near enough!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I wish I could make this into a movie

pk2curiouspk2curious4 months ago

WOW ! Well done .

oldmanbill69oldmanbill694 months ago

A really clever tale! Really loved it, 5 stars for sure!

Nish_itNish_it4 months ago

Wow, that was an amazing read. Well done!

RasmatRasmat3 months ago

Exceptionally well done. My first read by this writer. Will not be the last.

Ravey19Ravey193 months ago

Great story, loved it.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I loved it! Thank you for sharing your work with us. An old curmudgeon

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Beautiful story. I must confess I read it with some trepidation, fearing the possibility of things going wrong at the end. Having Lilaea save Crystal provided a satisfying conclusion while remaining true to Lilaea's nature. I should remember we're in good hands with you navigating.

LMJ

heydog52heydog523 months ago

One of the best stories I've ever read. Thank you.

Comentarista82Comentarista823 months ago

Well ... I must confess that I seriously cannot believe with your story being one of the earliest submissions, that from all the scoring I saw, that you didn't end up in second or third place. For the longest time, your story by its score was on track for second.. without a doubt. So I don't know what happened, but it shocks me because of how high quality this story was-- and especially how unique it was - - because it was the only story that I can think of that didn't present a single contradiction in the series of events like some stories I read and enjoyed but did not rate a five - - certainly had. It even spanned all these years, and lasted over all that time, so I'm gobsmacked by the fact that basically after about day 19, that there are only seven more comments. But from what I saw, the top three from what I recall... I'd have to go back and check for spots two and three but I believe they had 90 Plus comments, and I know the winning entry had 103: it had some unique ideas, but it had some issues that really weren't well resolved- - at least not plausibly enough - - certainly when viewed against how well you wrote this story. All I know is like some others that created some very unique content and ideas, they got royally hosed in this competition.. and I've been voting in competitions since 2014. In fact, this is the first competition I voted in 10 years where I've seen my votes removed or blanked- - basically disenfranchising me - - and I left a comment and the same score listed in the comment section. I hope that wasn't the case with your story, were it lost ground to whatever that was that somehow caused those votes of mine disappear, because it's disturbing on so many levels to think that you leave a comment, take the time, and you rate.. just to find it gone at the end of the contest.

***

Thank you for such a magical and truly enchanting story that should have been somewhere as number two or three for sure, but somehow just got shorted on some of the possible voting that it should have received. I love the story, and you really find ways to create unique ideas and story lines with these kind of items that really cause me to turn it over in my mind, and have managed to take me on many delightful journeys that I truly feel myself far more enriched because of them. Thank you, and please continue submitting content here.

RockadillyRockadilly3 months ago

A beautifully written story. The sex was gently done, and served the tale well. And a happy ending gave a satisfying finish to the story's arc. I will check out your other stories. KUDOS!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Wow what a great story .

I absolutely loved it .

Thank you ...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGlaze72@Glaze72
Hello All: Update as of May 2023. I have had people reach out to me regarding sequels to stories that I have posted on here, so let me address those first: "Mary's Innocent Passion." This is titled "Innocent Passion" on my page on Smashwords and my personal website. No seque...

SIMILAR Stories