All Comments on 'Home'

by Nephylim

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
A Good Story

I know this is a work of fiction but it amazes me how many parents "cannot cope" when their children come out. I have a gay son who I am very proud of.

His sexuallity has made no difference to our relationship and the up and downs of gay relationships are very similar to hetro relationships.I am not a member of literotica so this will be anonymous

James UK

NephylimNephylimalmost 12 years agoAuthor
Sad But True

My daughter came out when she was thirteen. It made no difference to be but sadly it did to her father, who I was thankfully divorced from by then. A lot of her friends had bad experiences. One of the boys, and absolutely adorable angel was physically abused by his father and had to move in with his boyfriend's parents. Two others are only barely speaking to their parents and then only if the 'don't talk about it; I just cannot understand why?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

LOVED THIS STORY!!!

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 12 years ago
Wow! some really heart felt emotions in this story

Very skillfully written causing the characters to become alive and for the reader to have sympathy for all of them.

The root of the story ( two boys being gay) is one that could have a lot of social repercussions or at least one parent thought it could, but to the boys it was just their love for each other that eventually brought Ry back to his mother and his lover.

Man, that is some deep thinking.

I loved the story and though it was very orginal and a sweet love story.

Thanks for the good read...

Sidney43Sidney43almost 12 years ago

I deleted most of my comment and will only say that this is in the wrong category and should have had a warning regarding content at the start of the story.

me71me71almost 12 years ago
Very romantic....

Why should it matter that the romance was between two boys? It was still a sweet romantic story. I'm glad you are brave enough to post in the mainstream romance category, Nephy. *hugs*

Rossini12Rossini12almost 12 years ago
Excellent!

I loved this story. Very emotional and written with feeling, from a similar experience, I suspect. When will people, especially some men, learn that all that matters is love from the heart? Who cares between whom?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Best

That was the best story i have EVER read

i didnt want to stop reading

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

I don't agree with Sydney43 about it being in the wrong category, it is a gay romance, but like he said some warning before hand would have been nice, I don't read the gay/lesbian stories, I have nothing against it, it just does nothing for me, having said that it was a well written story, a little dragged out though.

Maitre1962Maitre1962almost 12 years ago
Brilliant!!!!!

I am not usually into "gay" stories! But THIS story is ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!!!! Thankyou so VERY much for writing and posting it!

Lily_of_the_ValleyLily_of_the_Valleyalmost 11 years ago

Lovely story, thank you - I gave you 5 stars.

If you ever need an editor or proofreader, I'd be happy to help - I'm listed under "Volunteer editors". If you ever decide to do an edit on this, I'd suggest the following:

Edit it overall to be slightly shorter - it runs for slightly longer than what feels "right".

You've acknowledged that this is not a normal coma, and not a condition doctors are familiar with – they just "don't know" - i.e. it's a fictional medical condition, and we're prepared to go with that. Other details, however, should either be consistent with what we know, or should be explained as part of the fictional condition, so:

"He'd broken his back in three places, suffered a serious head injury and internal injuries, all of which had healed during the eight weeks he was in a coma." The chances of this being possible are vanishingly small – someone who suffered these injuries would be dead or paralyzed. I'd suggest changing that to: "He'd cracked a vertebra, and had a serious head injury along with internal injuries, all of which had healed during the first few months of his being in a coma."

"There was a drip in his arm. Well, one bit of hospital stuff then. It didn't make anything easier." - Bedridden and unconscious most of the time, Ryden would also need a catheter for urine. This would be visible to Luke as a thin transparent tube snaking out from under the sheet, leading to a small bag for the urine. (Google if you need a visual to be able to describe it.)

"It came as a real shock to Luke, watching Sam work . . ." - yes, this paragraph describes it nicely, without going into too much detail.

"energy shakes" would be better described as "meal replacements" - the kind of formula given to bedridden patients to supply the necessary nutrients and calories without producing too much waste matter.

Luke giving Ryden a backrub – this was a major oversight on Sam's part – daily physical therapy would be essential.

"The only answer anyone can give is that it's psychological." - "psychosomatic" might be a better term.

Overall, a true love story, thanks - keep writing :-)

Lily_of_the_ValleyLily_of_the_Valleyalmost 11 years ago

Another point: this story is listed as "Home (4.66) Helen has her son home and now the trouble starts. Romance".

With this being Literotica, it has taken me a long time to get to this story, as I initially assumed it must be a story about an affair between mother and son. I think you'd do well to tag your stories more thoroughly - "Romance", by all means (your stories are beautifully romantic), but also tag it as "Gay" - this will protect you from some of the haters. Also, the description should perhaps read as something along the lines of "Helen finally has Ryden back home, but he's dying, and only Luke can help". Even if not fully tagged, this would tell us that the romance is between the two boys, and would give an indication of where you're going with the story.

Thanks again :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

good story but leaves to many loose ends.

maurypmaurypover 1 year ago

tags are wrong, but i liked it anyway

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous