All Comments on 'Home for Halloween a Hero's Welcome'

by andtheend

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Excellent work!

Best written story I've read in a very long time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Wow!

I've read a few of your stories now and your characters are what holds my interest. I'm stunned how you can continue to write on so many different topics and make them seem real and interesting.

I remember watching the whole 9/11 thing and I could understand how Brad would want to join the Marines because I wanted to, too, but I was too old at the time. Then, for him to sacrifice all he did, definitely, he's a hero in my book.

I'm so into your story that you have me writing, as if he's a real character. I was happy that he got with Molly. She sounded like a real sweetheart.

This was a wonderful and well written story. I truly enjoy your stories and have listed you as my favorite author. Thank you for this one, a Vietnam vet.

HowardpHowardpover 13 years ago
For Those who didn't

God Bless you. Navy '68-'74

2275jr2275jrover 13 years ago
brilliant story so much feeling in this

you never fail to surprise me. as i always tell you.

you really are a born write. and i kid you not. awesome story and writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
The Porch Scene

You have a way of making your readers become a part of the character's life. The porch scene made me cry. I'm a sucker for a guy in a uniform and mother who loves her son. Thanks for making it a happy ending.

andtheendandtheendover 13 years agoAuthor
Thanks

Thank you to all those who have read, voted, and/or commented on my story.

Because of my ex, the Marine Corps is a big part of my life and I hope I helped bring attention to those war heroes who need our support.

Thanks again, Susan

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Wow

You really touched me. Thank You. Well Done

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
You have such insight

You must of been a marine or you were close to one that lost his legs.

That story was a love story,a love of country,a love of family and a love of life. Thank you

catman71catman71over 13 years ago
written with insight

i hope you continue with this a little further. if molly and him get together permantlly, and how he adjusts , does he return to school and do something, you wrote him as a strong bright kid ( i say kid being i am 38, so kid is anyone 8 years or more younger than me) and would like to see what happens

andtheendandtheendover 13 years agoAuthor
Thank you

Thank you to the poster below, but I don't think they'll be a sequel, as I'm a contestant in Literotica's year long Survivor contest, and that contest doesn't allow chapter stories.

Thank you for reading, voting, and taking the time to comment on my story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good Read

It only took me 24 years to figure I was not cut out for the military and retire from the Army. Got the T-shirt. I thought this was well written, with a good mix of emotion and insight. Please keep up the good work.

Jerry

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatalmost 12 years ago
Damn, Girl!

You wrote a fine story in this one; but I do wish you'd drug it out a little bit longer. There is no completion for any of the characters. I'll be checking out your other work, under all your pseudos.

Just another old Army basic / Navy-trained warhorse checking in. Adapt and persevere. Semper Fi.

PS: In case you're interested, the phrase when originally coined was RAH-OOH, not OO-RAH as in common use today.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
andnowrestart

I liked this bit of your work. Heartwarming. How half a man returned as a man and a half.

-- "Nearly a sniffle, almost a tear, going from soldier to normal is all that I fear."

Stand down Marine, at ease and goodnight. --

Thank you and be well.

linnearlinnearover 4 years ago
An Emotional Read

Thanks for a very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Outstanding. I appreciate you giving voice to those men who served in those two theaters especially to those who were maimed and also to those whose lives were lost. By reading your story maybe some of those who never served can begin to comprehend the suffering those men endure.

stewartbstewartbover 1 year ago

"OORAH!" Thanks for this story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous