All Comments on 'Homecoming'

by kinkybunny123

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
Diecast1Diecast1over 1 year ago

I like the story a lot. AAAA+++++

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The author presented what he promised. It was well written with only a few obvious errors. I usually recommend at least two editors. If I only use one there are still a few missed errors.

The plot was interesting. It was outside the author's usual genre so that makes it even more impressive. Normally 4+ but I will give it the full 5.

A Lover of Great Romance Stories

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why do people have so much trouble with Homonyms (words that SOUND alike, are spelled differently, and have very different meanings)?

Example - "The football team had been asking for donations since he'd gone their."

NO!! Not 'their' which is possessive. In this instance it should be 'there' - place!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not a Hallmark ending but well written overall. I was confused about this being a 20th reunion but he hadn't seen the town in some 30 odd years. Maybe I misread.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The next sequel, Leo's life after, never looking back.

DINGDONG33DINGDONG33over 1 year ago

Not much story room for a lot of improvement so keep trying

kinkybunny123kinkybunny123over 1 year agoAuthor

well I'm blushing, I worked and worked on my other Halloween contest story. I do this one in 2 days and it's really taking off. I honestly thought it would get TERRIBLE reviews since it isn't "happy". I don't know what this teaches my about life lessons....

kinkybunny123kinkybunny123over 1 year agoAuthor

I think it the they're/their and there says that teachers in the USA need a payraise, also english is a language that's always in motion....

PhotoMeisterPhotoMeisterover 1 year ago

Perhaps you could do a follow-up story about Leo and Laurie at their 30th or 35th reunion?

I was curious about it being their 20th high school reunion but he had been gone for 30-odd years.

Also, the first couple of references were to 'Larmie' but you did correct it later in the story to 'Laramie'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very poorly written. Not contest quality. It desperately needed basic proofreading before submission by someone with an understanding of even the most basic English grammar. Run on sentences, misspellings, a lot of repetition, and lack of punctuation affect readability and flow and make this a slog to read. Your two-day effort shows. 1*

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

Not even close to romantic. Maybe be realistic, but this the Romance category.

WrickettsWrickettsover 1 year ago

Needs to be a sequel. This is a romance after all

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

loved it...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

enjoyed it, in spite of terrible typos and grammar...

nestorb30nestorb30over 1 year ago

Not sure how this is a Halloween story. But it was pretty good none the less

Thanks for writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What's the Halloween part?

Avariel110Avariel110over 1 year ago

I don't mind the unhappy ending but the absence of the character description and sex scene. We know it happened in the bath tub but that's all... Keep writing. Practice makes perfect.

kinkybunny123kinkybunny123over 1 year agoAuthor

Halloween part is many USA homecoming football (American) games take place around Halloween and it's not like ppl dress up in Halloween costumes and do some cosplay is it?

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 1 year ago

Very well done and a good, bitter-sweet ending. She does go back to her hum-drum life and he goes back to......what? maybe nothing. Sad, but maybe that's what life can be when you take the fork without a challenge. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yo, author. English may always be "in motion," but not their/there/they're. Don't blame your (not you're) teachers when there are plenty of US public school educated among us who manage to get it right (not write). Also, education doesn't need to stop once you leave high school. Effort counts, and your lack of effort shows. Your readers are telling you what matters to them. Listen.

What's with the discrepancy with the 20 and 30 years? Are you going to blame your math teachers for that?

High school homecoming events being around the same time of year as Halloween doesn't make a story like this a Halloween story. Homecoming has nothing to do with Halloween, much like this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This story makes no sense. It has nothing to do with Halloween. The author brought up homecoming football games in comments, but the story also does not have anything to do with football. How could the main character have been away for 30 years, but this is only his 20 year reunion? The author seems to be asking a question in comments about Halloween in the US although the exact question is unclear because of the author's poor writing. If the question is whether people wear costumes, the answer is yes. People of all ages wear costumes for Halloween for many reasons including trick-or-treating (both as a kid and with your kid), school, work, and parties. The author claims to have been poorly educated in the US though, so they should already be familiar with our Halloween customs. That's another thing that doesn't make sense. Help us out, author.

TechumsahTechumsahabout 1 year ago

More confused by romance category. Would of fit better in erotic couplings.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Not very romantic. Lauri's kicked him in the teeth twice now! Hope he's wised up now, or does he need the third time to be the charm?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The Story and the way it's presented is most important, and you delivered. No story, No Interest!

KingCuddleKingCuddle11 months ago

Counting their blessings! :+)))

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userkinkybunny123@kinkybunny123
Just a woman who writes stories to add some excitement to their life. ( Practice any art, music, singing, dancing, acting, drawing, painting, sculpting, poetry, fiction, essays, reportage, no matter how well or badly, not to get money and fame, but to experience becoming, to...