All Comments on 'Homesteader'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 69 Comments
Rolando1225Rolando1225about 1 year ago

A man's got to do, what a man's got to do. End of the lesson! Thanks for the story.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 1 year ago

Great Western!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You ain't no Louis L'Amour, but that there is a dam good story.

tazmuntazmunabout 1 year ago

wadaya know, I think Bob's a romantic 🤭....

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 1 year ago

good story Mr. Just Plain Bob

first ever 5-star score I've given ya

no regrets

Pinto931Pinto931about 1 year ago

Very good and different,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Bravo JPB! You write a mean western sir. Keep em coming

JBEdwardsJBEdwardsabout 1 year ago

Everyone likes a good Western, and I reckon I'm no exception. You done good, Bob. 5* ~~JB

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 1 year ago

A nod to Larry McMurtry and ‘Lonesome Dove’, with Anna as the sympathetic prostitute. I especially liked the use of vernacular. Very enjoyable story. Thank you much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Enjoyed your tale Bob!

somewhere east of Omaha

GreyMatter46GreyMatter46about 1 year ago

Love your work as always.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice little story Bob. Too bad it wasn't just 'Part 1', could have made for a nice saga.

Doc

Regguy69Regguy69about 1 year ago

In the wild west, the faster hand made all the rules. In caveman days it was the meanest S.O.B. that made all the rules. Today it's the wealthiest bastards that make all the rules. Nothing's changed, except the way we measure things.

Good one, Bob.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Kind of a funny yarn.

Omart57Omart57about 1 year ago

Loved this one, Bob! Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice story, got a 5, but just why is this in LW?

LWLover60LWLover60about 1 year ago

Intriguing departure from your usual LW fare. Loved it as always!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story, short but all the goood parts are there, always like a good western

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Entertaining as usual.

Thanks Bob

vintageridervintageriderabout 1 year ago

Good story. Would like to see more of it.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66about 1 year ago

I liked the story. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Him: "Hi Whore"

Her: "Lol I'll marry you"

Him: "Wooo I was just thinking about that. Did you read my mind? Are you a witch or something? Well I'm a Christian so I expect you to convert because I ain't gonna be lettin my new whore wife hang out in graveyards with fat angry teenage girls at night smoking clove cigarettes. That ain't proper"

Warning: By recruiting your new companion you have caused your reputation with Mattson to drop below zero. Mattson faction units will now attack you on sight

Him: "Pfft I don't care. I gotta gun sucka. lol It's the old timey times! DNA and forensic haven't been invented yet and there's a whole lotta nothing to hide a body!"

Her: "What the hell are you talking about? What did I get myself into?"

Him: "I'm on top of the world! I just got me a whore wife! She's had a lot of practice with countless partners so you know that will make her a good wife!"

Her: "I can't help but feel like that was an insult. I can cook too. And faithful"

Him: "HA! Bullshit. You're a whore I know nothing about. I ain't dumb."

Her: "I'm going back to the whore house"

Him: "No you ain't. You ain't been listening. I says I have a gun. HA yeah see? Goddamn I feel good. It's old timey days! I'm white and a man and going to marry a whore and it don't matter because HIV ain't been invented yet! Too bad for you whore wife cuz we're about to pass the whore house. Coulda saved you a walk"

Her: "What the hell? We've been going in circles? What the hell have I gotten myself into?"

Him: "Woooo old timey days! Drinking and driving isn't illegal yet! God damn I'm fucking hard right now. Grab me my lawn darts in the back so I can throw them at the black folks chickens! Hey and also clean up back there. Just throw it outside on the ground. We livin in the good times right now and gotta enjoy it while we can before talking picture boxes make us feel like shit because we put a hole in the sky and make it so it rain acid. OH SHIT I just realized something! It's the old timey times! Stop what you're doing whore wife and take this here nickle and buy me all the boxes of sudafed the chemist has. I got me a little project I think can help us make some money. Use the change to get me something with cocaine in it and morphine if they got it so I can party tonight. I Won't be sharing but you can whore yourself for a buck so you can get something for yourself "

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story. Thanks for posting.

IbeSteveIbeSteveabout 1 year ago

another good story.

Hooked1957Hooked1957about 1 year ago

JPB doing work. I enjoyed that. Thank you.

Hooked

tangledweedtangledweedabout 1 year ago

JPB comes out shootin' and you can't dislike that.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

Quite different for you, Bob, and I liked it.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

Quite different for you, Bob, and I liked it.

kameljockeykameljockeyabout 1 year ago

Mighty fine yarn. Partner.

OilcanjonOilcanjonabout 1 year ago

Nice story, reasonably well crafted. A pleasant read although it could have been filled out a little for me. I am just a Simple Red Neck and like red neck stories where the bad girls get nekked and the bad boys get shot. And the survivors live happily ever after.

Buster2UBuster2Uabout 1 year ago

JPB does it again with another winner! 5 big ones for JPB Great Story, Great Writing, and a happy ending on top of that! Thank You Bob for a good effort for all the guys that like to read the great works here on Literotica. You are one of the best. Thanks for the effort. Buster2U

BigBlueKatBigBlueKatabout 1 year ago

Good story. How about a follow up? 5*

jesemmojesemmoabout 1 year ago

I've read must of your stories and this one will always be my favorite. Well crafted story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good one JPB!!

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

Great story, loved it.

5/5

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 year ago

Simple but fun read. 5*

RK52RK52about 1 year ago

Good, short and to the point. Realist presentation although he probably owned the bar and hotel since he won in an unfair fight.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

And the two boys ended up as ranch hands for some easterner, Teddie Rose or somethin like that, until he sold out after the big freeze of '87. After that they just drifted away somewheres. The girl worked little jobs around town until she took up her Ma's old trade. Didn't last but a couple years till she died of the French disease just like her Ma and Pa before her. One of the Michigan boys bought the farm and now runs his 320 with his oldest son. Guess it wouldn't have mattered much if the Indians had got her too when they got her family. Nothins left of them in these parts but a couple of grave markers.

mac1729mac1729about 1 year ago

Thanks for another entertaining story

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 1 year ago

A well crafted western romance. 5*

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 1 year ago

Sweet story, Bob. Write another, please. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It was only worth a 4, but you always get one more from me for killing the asshole. Would give you a 6 for Anna's kill but they won't let me. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Bob, wrote a decent story. I really liked it. Saved a poor girl from a short life of whoring in the old west.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

i want more of these but longer. thank you!

katibkatibabout 1 year ago

As usual, that "just plain" fellow knocked one over the fence. But he might be a tad off with the .22 caliber, which, if I remember, was developed in 1887.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 1 year ago

Cute story, appreciated it. Only thing missing was Pauline French's great great great grandma lol

inka2222inka2222about 1 year ago

Very nice! Well told, and interesting

EastCoaster1EastCoaster1about 1 year ago

Short, sweet, and deadly...

...the mark of a JPB story.

5 stars

Firsttimer0570Firsttimer0570about 1 year ago

Bood and short, although i’m a bit confusie hé bot QuickType aaide Durlinger the scouting, or Thatcher bar owner was Readly slow, or the ‘hero’ had super powers

ForensicFossilForensicFossilabout 1 year ago

I liked this. A little sweeter than most of JPB's stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

When you marry a whore, it is best to move far enough away so that her past doesn’t follow her. If they stay near town, someday, their kids and grandkids will learn the truth. But move further away and you can come up with a great backstory for her, that nobody will ever question.

OmniferisOmniferisabout 1 year ago

kinda ok but the ending was rushed

robdh51robdh51about 1 year ago

Anonymous1 day ago

"When you marry a whore, it is best to move far enough away"

Out west after the war many of the single women were prostitutes. History says that all the Earp brothers wives were prostitutes, one or more were madams. As "sporting men" that's what they were around all day and night.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyabout 1 year ago

Well written quick story - enjoyed the reading time!

As always look forward to what you will share next!

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Two sons and a daughter; it that all? I though many farm families wanted lots of children to help work the family farm.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Cavalry = soldiers on horseback

Calvary = where Jesus was crucified

dgfergiedgfergieabout 1 year ago

Nice simple story of a very simple time, what you might call the good old days. Do unto others before they do unto you.................5 stars

Burp177Burp177about 1 year ago

Finally, a story that fits the language JPB uses. It's like Norm MacDonald writing erotic fiction.

kamdev99008kamdev99008about 1 year ago

Great tale of great time.............

nothing complicated, everything realistic.......

successful Love Story of a Knight in Shining Armour and a Damsel in Distress

5 star

DormayVooDormayVoo11 months ago

This one had a bit more resolution than the typical JPB story, and the story was better for it.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Nice Western tale. A couple of minor mispellings, grammar & history mistakes that do not distract from the story line.

In response to katib: the .22 caliber was introduced by Frenchman Nicolas Flobert in 1845 as the ".22 BBC" (Bulleted Ball Cap), intended for indoor parlor shooting - popular at the time. It was the first self-contained metallic cartridge and featured a .22 caliber, 20-grain lead ball seated in a chlorate primed percussion cap with folded rim. There was no other propellant, and cartridge had no sporting use other than a pasttime for the gentry.

In 1857, Smith & Wesson increased the length of Flobert's case by one-third, added 4 grains of FFFFg black powder and seated a 29-grain conical lead bullet on top of it. In 1859, Christian Sharps introduced the 4-barrel Pepperbox (Patent number 22753) in .22 caliber as a self-defense pocket pistol; some 85,000 were made between 1859-1868.

What we today call the .22 Long RIfle was introduced in 1887.

NitpicNitpic8 months ago
First

First story read in alphabetical order,that would be worth reading again.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Cute story, but I'd imagine that poor Anna had a whole passel of sti's and likely syphilis to boot.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...

story TAGS