All Comments on 'Honest-Honest Ch. 05'

by fsqueeze

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not what I was expecting but OK

Our boy just can't get a break in his love life it seems, first his cousin who left him for some indescript dude and now the married co-worker. At least he helped her find closure and happiness even if he was left empty handed once more. One thing I'm certain of now is that there is no point in going after Amy or reconciliation with the family, they left him down and all to himself, she never answered even less invited him the wedding, they never visited as if he never existed - where's the pint in tormenting himself beyond all this? He's successful and resourceful so there is plenty of life left for him to enjoy and explore, eventually he'll find the right one and be happy.

4*

P.S. Just don't go down the route where Amy runs back to him when she finds her marriage isn't what she envisioned it to be. Please!

Turtle1952Turtle1952over 6 years ago
Interesting turn of events

Seems he truly does love Amy and I would like to see them reunite and be happy together. The circumstances as to why they reunite I leave to you to fashion.

Bebop3Bebop3over 6 years ago
Left Turn

Well, that took a left turn that I wasn't expecting. Another well written and engaging chapter.

Amy was a sympathetic character at the start, but is becoming less and less attractive as the story continues. He effectively gives up his family for her, swallows his pride and takes chances for her. She caves to family pressure and cuts off all communication including (which to me is the crux of the matter) his congratulatory note on her engagement.

Not inviting him to the wedding is reasonable and expected. Not responding to that final note to say something along the lines of 'thank you, I'll always remember you, I hope you find someone who can love you back' is sort of unforgivable.

This chapter was like a 2oz steak. Very enjoyable, but leaving you wanting much more.

ManoBlueManoBlueover 6 years ago
Pride

This dude has no pride at this point.

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
An unusual chapter

Nothing about his family. Very little about him. More of a bridge, but no indication of what's on the other side.

JacktacularJacktacularover 2 years ago

Damn I hope he doesn’t go back to Amy , such a weak willed and pathetic character. Plus screw his family!

DocWordsDocWordsover 2 years ago

That chapter brought tears to my eyes.

EZ8ltEZ8ltover 2 years ago

When Amy cut him off, he should've cut off the rest of the family, not going to gatherings being polite and the rest of that bullcrap.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous