All Comments on 'Hot as Sun'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 270 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

What's with this using ambulances as taxi's. They all have their own cars, use them rather than getting in the way of professionals trying to do their jobs.

Calico75Calico7523 days ago

Heroism and unintentional revenge in one! I wish there had been a little more at the end--perhaps Diane and Morgan going to the hospital to thank Jeff for saving their son. That would have demonstrated the humiliation they should feel. But--good story anyway!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

5 Stars from GW on a great story .. Keep up the Great work Mr. Sensitivity.

InkentInkentabout 2 months ago

That's a great ending HDK5, in teal life ,he could have had the typical anonymous beating dished out. But It would haunt a man to know that another man he wronged has belittled him in a way that he could never address. I liked it :) INKENT

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A very good story, thank you HDK5 - thanks for being so sensitive! 5 stars It's a shame some commenters can't be thankful for a gift freely given , very insensitive!

somewhere east of Omaha

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight2 months agoAuthor

Was I referred to as Dickwad by anonymous? That hurts. I'm a sensitive guy.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Da;m RIGHT, Laura

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Should have had more to the end. Dickwad ends stories abruptly. What happened to Rachel if Diane went with Jnr and Laura with Jeff in the ambulances

tsgtcapttsgtcapt3 months ago

I know ive commented before; but, where's Rachel through this last act?? She should be in the ambulance with Laura! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The subtlety of revenge in this story is remarkable. The victim, a quiet man whose wife betrayed him, was the far better man. Looks like a win all around for him.

MisterPGMisterPG3 months ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

An act heroism serving as revenge. That's a good one. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Excellent story. Well written. Great pace to the plot. You made it feel like it was real in a very short story. Yes he got them back big time without even thinking about it or trying to do that. Personally a bit at the end showing how Hanson the scuzzbucket was treated by the town for his outbursts compared to how they treated Jeff would have been the icing on the cake for me. BardnotBard

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos3 months ago

I agree with Laura. The he neutered Morgan in a way that he can't even get righteously angry about and showed Diane the true nature of both men - which I am sure will be a bitter, bitter pill. It's very rare where a good deed is such brutal revenge, well done.

cutedaddy69cutedaddy694 months ago

Short(er) stories is where u shine most, IMO.

oldtwitoldtwit5 months ago

An action story…… that's unusual, well described, you let the ending happen a little too soon, but it's yours to do as you wish.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Beautiful story well written. Sometimes I read for distraction or entertainment but I do appreciate it when the story is touching and wonderfully written. This one definitely pulls on the heart strings. What some readers fail to appreciate is that this is not a true story and does not need a hard nail to the bad guy. The best revenge is a life well lived, to live by your integrity. Thanks HDK.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Got him good…yet not good enough.

gprevgprev10 months ago

Seems like the story ran out of gas, in the end. Started off good, and then, nada.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good story, wish Morgan would have more pain in the story….. still 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ quality

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion12 months ago

Everyone loves a hero, and hates cheaters.

StubbyoneStubbyoneabout 1 year ago

Another good one ! 5-😊😊😊😊😊

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowabout 1 year ago

Love the last paragraph! The sweetest revenge, indeed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Jó történet lenne,ha nem lenne ellaposítva,bagatelizálva és fontos dolgok átlépése! " fércmunka"!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

This really is a standout story. It's very well done.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

To many good storylines are missed and truly horrible ones explored by this author. This could of been a really good one but required a hell of a lot more exposition than this one did.

MasterKoteMasterKoteover 1 year ago

Sorry, but narcissistic ppl would really care about honor let alone courage of others..

MarrttyMarrttyover 1 year ago

Sadly the last anon poster w

Is right, the x wife and pos will not be ashamed, most people like that are not able to selfexamin.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

good story w/ the right attitude towards/about firefighters, BUT the author is wrong about the adulteress or the predatory turd who stole the wife, neither of them will feel any remorse about their prior actions towards the hero and will admit only to a tiny bit of gratitude for his actions. scum that cheat and fool around w/ others wives are far too arrogant and narcissistic to have any shame or self doubt or remorse for anything they do as they are their own heroes and everyone else is considered backdrop their their own fascinating lives..

kirei8kirei8almost 2 years ago

Good story with a lot of missed potential at the end. A day and a half and the miscreants still didn't show up to say thank you. Rachel (or Laura ) should have told the news crews the whole story of the cheating, pregnancy, and how they still ignored her hero father who saved THEIR son. That would have been the ultimate payback.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Two sleazy backstabbing cheaters won't give a fuck about people's opinion about them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

would liked to have seen this extended a bit so we could learn about some of the condemnation that would be heaped on the sleazy ex wife and her asinine new hubby!

DazzyDDazzyDover 2 years ago

two adequate people are not worth one good one.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Another good one, taking the high road is always the best way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another chapter is not needed here.

I bitch often about no endings, but this isn’t one of those.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sorry …ending was too open…revenge needs to be seen and felt! Semantics don’t work

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 2 years ago

Way to go, Jeff. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is my second pass, a very good tale! Thank you for a treasure.

somewhere east of Omaha

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

One of the best ever from HDK, and that makes it one of the best in LW. Ever.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

I agree that Morgan won't spare a thought about Jeff, but I do think that Diane will. I think the omission of how Rachael got home was just a slip of the "pen."

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One of your best stories!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

This is probably the best burn story here and it's so much more than that.

MightyheartMightyheartalmost 3 years ago

A little perspective of the ex wife would have made this story 5* Dianne belittling Morgan and telling Laura that she got the better man would have been the icing on the cake.

ZharKhanZharKhanalmost 3 years ago

So, almost everyone in the town knows about the adulterers, but they still buy cars from them? Disgusting!

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

I'm sure when the full story gets out, car sales at Honest Morgan's Used Car Emporium will dry up.....

Omart57Omart57about 3 years ago
What an Awesome

story, HDK! A great read!

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 3 years ago

Great story. Bucket trucks buckets typically have a weight limit of 350lbs. Just saying.

NicealloverNicealloverover 3 years ago
A glorious beautiful story

It’s a beautiful story about a man showing his courage and earning respect and self esteem.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

I seem to recall another where the asshole was a car dealer and lost all of his business. That should have happened here.

SouthdownSouthdownover 3 years ago
Solid Storytelling

A great tale and a lesson foe some! If only assholes like the 'Hanson' you described could be shamed by this kind of thing, They are too selfish and worthless as people to understand let alone feel " small and inadequate" Great Job, Thank You 5***** for a story so well told it felt like I was there, a masterpiece, no less.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Not your usual

But maybe your best. This was just plain great.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
If only ...

If only fires in old buildings burned so slowly! Given the circumstances described there wouldn't have been nearly enough time to accomplish the rescues as depicted. As a volunteer firefighter I helped fight a fire in an old brick three-story school building. From the time we arrived on the scene with the fire just underway to the time it was fully engulfed (no possible access) was about five minutes.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago
Well shit!

Dude - You had me crying like a baby on this one. Great job! 5*

jimjam69jimjam69over 3 years ago

Laura is right of course. Goog story.

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Moral victory is sweet. Although it would have been nice to have an epilogue that describes the changes, instead of having Laura just spell it out for us instead.

ErotFanErotFanover 3 years ago
Best hero-pot boiler HDK has ever written

The story was good, tautly written, tense and _plausible._ The shifting of personal perspectives throughout the story gives it the video feel of a movie/TV script/news report and enhances the tension.

TDK kept us on pins and needles with this one. I particularly liked the way the principal onlookers were used to advance the story and add personal tension to it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Almost Complete

A great story. Would have been even better if you had included the reactions of his ex, his daughter and Morgan.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Yeah reading half of your stories

...

ffrank16ffrank16almost 4 years ago
Good Story

But I think I need more things later.

I'm deaf with the ending, but I think there are things we want to know ...

What happened next in Diane's marriage?

What happened to the Morgan business?

cybojicybojialmost 4 years ago
Great story

Sweet revenge.5

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Win

Jeff didn't win,he was an hero granted but the day after the fire nothing had changed.The only way he would have won is for the spectators tell every one in town what happened and they then shunned Morgan Hanson's business forcing him out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
1 star.

What a piece of crap. This is how he gets them? you got them says Laura. Bullshit. He got injured and they did not lose anything. Should have taken better revenge. Why such sissy stuff is posted, i don't know.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
He got them

rigth where he wanted!!!!!

moblanemoblaneabout 4 years ago
FTDS

I agree that a conclusion, second chapter or continuation of some sort is NECESSARY! So far 5***** Good story Thank You.

RimmerdalRimmerdalabout 4 years ago
Mediocre

Needs a finish.

johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago

Oh man, great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
FTDS is missed

This shouldn't be over.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Great

A great story about a true hero from one of the best writers LW has ever seen.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Yes!

Still one of my all-time favorites.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Comments

Because of his comments it would have been nice to hear people were staying away from Morgan and his buisness and berating his ex wife for not thanking him for saving her son.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 4 years ago
Great Story of heroism and selflessness

'Nuff said. 5 Star Rating.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I'd never risk my life

for a child that isnt mine if I had children of my own to take care of

Are we really to believe the cheating cunt and her asshole husband would care for her if her father died?

her mother left her at the scene of the fire to dote over her new son and the asshole got in his car and drove off wthout her

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanaliveabout 5 years ago
Sequel?

What happens next ?

Wildone101Wildone101about 5 years ago
Wrong Catagory

This really belongs in non-erotic, not LW.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
Yes! Five stars because I could not give it ten!

That is how you get revenge! Excellent story and Laura is a real keeper. Good, good story! I plan on reading it again tonight.

ErotFanErotFanover 5 years ago
I think this the first "pot boiler" story from HDK I've come across

Pun intended!

Great story. Kept us on pins and needles.

I liked the way the principal onlookers were used to advance the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Short

This story is short.There should have been some follow up on people shunning Diane and Morgan's business going down hill with his mouthing off against everyone and Jeff should have got some form of bravery award.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
@ReedRichards

There are several hints given in the story that Jeff is overall a better guy than Morgan. The first being that Morgan was fucking a married woman. The second is his behavior when he arrived at the scene. Third is the fact that he never thanked Jeff for saving his son.

The second hint might be a one-time thing, though without any contradicting evidence from the author and combined with #1 we can assume that he is just as much an asshole in everyday life as in this one instance, which I think was the whole point of why HDK put that in. #3 could occur at a later date, but combined with #1 and 2, I don't think that will happen.

You might make the argument that Jeff's wife was in a terrible marriage and that was why she cheated with her boss. However, we are given no indication of this and the fact that he seems to have a good relationship with his daughter and current wife suggest he was a decent husband.

Morgan being richer and possibly better in bed doesn't necessarily mean Diane likes him better. HDK in fact does not give any motivation for Diane's cheating. We do know that she left soon after she found out she was pregnant, which suggests that she knew her husband would divorce her and decided not to fight it and went with the guy she knew would support her. Whether she loved Morgan or whether she had been planning to leave is not stated. Neither is any information given on her current relationship with Morgan. The only thing we know is that Diane did not like Morgan's behavior during the fire. We've already assumed that Morgan is an asshole and thus can probably safely assume that he has some faults as a husband that, at the very least, don't make him a better man in Diane's eyes than Jeff, especially after this incident.

I generally try to take authors at their word. This is especially true with these short flash stories. You have to take what little the author gives you as representative of the whole. That's what makes these flash stories work. The author expects you to assume things about the characters because if you didn't than he would have to spend more time on character background, which would make the story much longer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I give it five stars

I failed to see how this is revenge. But one thing is certain Jeff is the “MAN” and everyone knows it, including the ex, her husband, the daughter and the rest of the people. Please keep writing, Panther fan.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
When someone who chooses the name "AdolfSchicklegruber" criticizes you

You know you're on the right track. A few more stories and he'll retreat to the bunker.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 5 years ago
Just saw this story today

So, Jeff proved that he’s a real man by rescuing four people, but that’s just a one-time event. His ex will always be grateful, and that might piss off her current husband, but the reasons she had for first cheating on him and then marrying Morgan are still there. Morgan appears to be wealthier, and he might be a lot better both in bed and as a husband in general.

We don’t know any of that, because we weren’t told. A lot of commenters have assumed that, since Jeff proved himself to be a real man in this one event, he’s a better man than Morgan in everything else, but that isn’t a given.

Morgan will return to his business and keep making money, while Jeff is out of work for a couple of months with his injury. Did he have the insurance to protect himself from two months without a paycheck?

Yes, this was a cynical comment, but it was generated more by other commenters’ assumptions than the story itself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
So if I have this right

The whores son and the whore left in an ambulance, and the jackass follwed in his car

The guy and his new wife also left in an ambulance

How did the 15yr old daughter get home?

ValintValintover 5 years ago
Eh

That "revenge" was way too subtle for me.

Yeah, Morgan failed his family by... not being able to make it to the school on time. He'll be thankful (well, he'll behave in public as if he's thankful) to Jeff for saving his son, but deep down, he'll believe that he could have done the same.

The whole "he knows you're a better man" is the kind of bullshit you tell yourself to make yourself feel better. It's based on assuming that deep down, everyone is just like you. No, some people are assholes with no sense of empathy, and the kind of thing that would make you reevaluate your life will roll off them like nothing, because they didn't become the kind of person they are by being bothered by things like that.

For this to work, I think he needed to be publicly shown to be a coward, being able to run in and save his son, but not doing so. As is, all he did was have an angry outburst, which is almost certainly going to be ignored by everyone as just the lashing out of an overly-emotional father.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
sbrooks103x

Your quote about Jeff is Laura speaking, not the skank Diane.Powersworder gives the logical and acceptable end to the story, as a synopsis.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
UGH!!!!

WRONG!!!! Hanson isn't the kind of man to feel anything but selfishness and contempt for other people! Diane may now regret what she did and may even divorce Hanson, but at this point, who gives a fuck!

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago

The premise behind the story was good, but as it stands, it's too short and the 'revenge' too subtle. As people point out, a douchebag like Morgan and a cheating slut like Diane won't feel shame or remorse for their actions. Scum like that need the consequences ground in their face before they feel any regret...

This story needed a bit more, detailing the aftermath of the fire:

The local townsfolk rally behind Jeff, honouring him for his bravery, while refusing to buy from Morgan's car dealership for his castigation of the emergency services. As financial pressure increases, Morgan starts drinking, then lashes out at Diane and Rachel because of their association with Jeff who he sees as his nemesis. This leads to Diane losing custody of her daughter to Jeff, and Morgan Jr is taken away by social services.

Then the cheating couple really get into it; spousal abuse, further cheating, Morgan's descent into alcoholism, financial destitution...

Finally, a tearful apology from Diane to Jeff, where she bitterly regrets choosing the "worthless" Morgan over him.

And the karmic balance is restored...

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
Re-Reading

"Your father is an incredible man. He will not quit! He'll never give up!" - Too bad Diane didn't think of that before she cheated on him!

"Yep, Jeff, you really got him good!"" - No, not until Diane and Morgan go to him and she admits that she gave up the better man! THEN let Morgan live with the knowledge that his wife thinks the less of him!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

really good story keep writing

penneydog55penneydog55almost 6 years ago
Shoooooott Maann!

Morgan Hanson is an Egotistical Bastard! There will be no (Well no anything from that bottom feeder) Yes!!!!!!( All Men and Women who risk Their lives Deserve Our Gratitude and Heartfelt Thanks)

Story is another True Blue Hero Fare "I love em" Fantastic Story★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

cybojicybojialmost 6 years ago
Love it

Well written with positive outcome. THIS STORY IS COMPLETE. Tired of chicken shit anon assholes messing with good writing. Thanks for the story , excellent read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Short

Should have includedan embarressed meeting with his ex wife and her arrogant husband at a ceremony to honour him for his bravery and Morgan getting a lot of flack and loss of trade for his out burst against the fire department.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Liked it

Good story.

jtaylor

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Does this lazy writer EVER finish a story?

c24jc24jover 6 years ago
Actually, I think Diane and Morgan Sr. will feel something

As long as they stay in the same town, they will have to deal with what people say and think about them. Even shallow, selfish people can love their children, and even if they are selfish and shallow, it will certainly cause some hurt and confusion to owe their son's life to the man whose life they screwed up. And if Morgan Sr. doesn't feel it . . . well . . . he can't very well let on that he's anything other than extremely grateful to the man who saved his son . . . or he might end up looking like the complete ass that he probably is, pissing off the entire town, and having his business go down the drain!!

Diane certainly loves her son, and since I suspect she was somewhat of an opportunist, and probably turned to Morgan Sr. because she found him to be suave, well-off, and a person with better prospects in general. Now that fantasy is shattered! He'll have looked like an idiot on TV, everyone in town will see her ex as a hero, and know him to be the better man. So . . . she loses either way. If she's a relatively decent person who made some very bad choices, she'll now have to live with that knowledge, and the fact that the whole town knows. As someone pointed out, anytime she looks at or holds her son, she'll always envision and perhaps feel some debt to her ex. On the other hand, if she is terribly selfish and shallow, she'll have to live with the fact that she made the wrong choice, got the lesser man, and the whole town knows.

Great story!! Truly interesting payback. I wouldn't want to be Morgan Sr. or Diane in that town.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Jeff is now the man who gave Morgan, Jr. his life.

And Morgan Sr. and his slut will never be able to forget it. Morgan Jr. may even develop a true loving relationship with his sister's father, pissing Morgan Sr. off even more. At least one final kick to Morgan, Sr's nuts will be when Morgan Jr. gets married, has a son, and names his son after Jeff! Perfect.

Ocker51Ocker51almost 7 years ago
Good Story

Totally enjoyed this story, it is worth 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
Always Leave Them...

Wanting more! And you did, of course.

Another fine story, thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Super Story!!

Payback is hell.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...