All Comments on 'House of Cards Ch. 09'

by ohio

Sort by:
  • 78 Comments
LeBrozLeBrozalmost 19 years ago
Kudos

Talk about win-win !! Either you planned it well and are tying up the loose ends (win) or you've been paying attention to your audience as your tale evolved and addressed your readers' concerns (win).

Most important here is the underlying reason Tom lays out for reconciliation. 16 years counts for something, especially in the context of how Marianne is responding.

Nice touch with Eddie; Tom makes it clear to him that it really is over and not to come back. Best kind of revenge is the implied kind; he may find himself looking over his shoulder for years to come just because of the kind of person he is.

Done a great job on this series. Looking forward to the wrap-up in Ch 10; already looking forward to your next submission.

gizzmo301gizzmo301almost 19 years ago
Hey

A great story, I have enjoyed this one. I like the way you are making all the pieces fit and look forward to the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
The End Is Near - yea!

So now it's time to wrap up all of the loose ends - how tidy. I guess it's the engineer in you. Everything nice and neat, everything making perfect sense. Sorry but there's big difference between loose ends and a story unraveling.

What's up with the bar scene with Edie!! All of a sudden Tom cares about Edie - why? Having Edie fuck her for eight months was not deserving of some kind or retaliation - but a couple of phone calls and woohoo it's revenge time! Give us a break!

And Marianne's "I don't know why I did this to you" and "I came home looking forward to seeing you - I love you" PLEASE don't insult the reader or Tom. (Oops, I forgot you're not through cuckolding him.) You can't have it both ways. Tom confronted her and she kept fucking Edie - there is no love there. PERIOD. If you think there is, you have NEVER experienced what love is - IT'S SELF-GIVING.

If you want to wrap this up then Tom must come back to the house and ask Marianne to leave. This is for his self-respect, for the sake of the children (there are consequences when you lie and cheat) and for her to get a grip of what she has done.

I can't beleive after starting Tom off as a strong and happily married guy you're really going to let him settle for what's left - "half a marriage?" Shame on you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Excellent work & clarity of the human emotions!

Dear author;

I deeply appreciate the efforts that go into the creative writing and editing of these stories. My favorite authors are Harddaysknight, KK, H2O and a few others but I have never seen the clarity of humanistic emotions that you bring to light by explaining how each party in these tragic stories feels. This is first class material and sets an example for others to follow. Once again thank you for your sharing your unique story-telling skills with us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Great chapter

I like the way you have tied loose ends.Although i would still prefer that tom leave his wife, and how about kristen,is she going to come back into all of this.It would be great if tom ended up with her, i mean they did share something special.Looking forward to your next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Some things are maybe explained

I think you are very close when you go through the range of emotions that would be involved. NO ONE can predict what their range of emotions would be. They may think they know but they don't It's just like the first 175 mm round comes your way. You may think you know how you'll react but try it some time and learn what reality is. Looking forward to the final chapter of a fine, thought provoking, and yes controversial story. Ronnie W.

Nightowl22Nightowl22almost 19 years ago
The reasons?

I don't understand any of the reasoning behind her fucking around. It seems to be "It's just sex, honey". For eight months??

Without a doubt 16 years of marriage and two kids weigh very heavily on the decision but just much trust can he have, or hope to have, in the future? If he feels there is a likelihood that she can be trusted, that she does love him enough, reconciliation would seem very possible.

We'll soon know, no??

MinigalesMinigalesalmost 19 years ago
Great Job with This Chapter

That was a very nice chapter.

I did not like that Eddie the pushy piece of shit got away that easy though.

Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
So So ! ! ! !

It is a long story and a well written stroy about cheating and unfaithful wives.

Ohio: I can see the handwritting on the wall. He is going to go back to Marianne with his head hung low and take her back since she still wants a happy and trusting marriage. He fell, hook line and sinker, for the old story about her seeing a therapist (sounds like the House of Cards that you have posted). Their marriage is doomed because she wants him back so she can have another affair and he can see a pretty young thing again. Neither one of them can be trusted. She now has a chuckholded hubby that is a whimp and she will take advantage of him again.

Now, what is she going to do when she finds out about her loving husband's affair with Kristen, and she will sooner or later? When she does, then she should throw him out of the house and she probably will.

Unless a marriage is built on trust with no secrets between each other, it will never succeed.

I hope you do not make the ending like the ending in the "House of Cards". These two people do not have a loving and trusting marriage and probably never will. They should end it now before either one of them gets hurt anymore. They will get over it and get on with their lives. The kids will learn to live in a divorced home like so many other kids do.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Winning and Losing or Believing

Constructively - As you write your story, you wish to justify and explain to your viewpoint - it is yours deservedly so. Your talented renderings of your characters statements and thoughts are remarkably acceptable to read in most part.

As you attempted to reason towards - to sway thought and our acceptance towards reconsiliation please remember this thought. Statistically about one half of the marrieds reading you have been divorced, perhaps more than once. Half of those were the offended party. Perhaps half of the offending balance know what they did was wrong and why they did it. All of these people are victims of thier spouse or themselves.

We know why people divorce and hope you don't as it appears by a statement you made about 2/3rds of the way down page one. It is your viewpoint but it offended me and I am sure many others who have suffered through divorce as a last course of action. Taken after no reasonable other action made any logical sense. Deciding to live by yourself instead of with someone who carelessly and with malice knowingly broke our lifetime covenant is not easy but how does one justify the long term disrespect experienced, the loss of trust or stomach the likelihood of repetition of a pact so carelessly and purposely broken. Over half the marrieds decided that the words I'm sorry - I love only you - I will never do that again were just words that could have been avoided if they didn't get caught or better yet didn't do anything to cause them to have to be said.

So there is the reality which many writers can't seem to grasp - perhaps thankfully because they haven't been in our shoes. Is it any wonder the realists often can't see how a word track once straight becomes wimpy in resolution when long term infidelity is the authors sword but turns into a soppy noddle in the end?

Just some thoughts of experience for you and other writers to knoodle.

Nontheless author - your efforts and depth of talent is appreciated - with Regard

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
What are friends for?

I'm so sorry. I'll start seeing a shrink. Or, I'll get drunk. Or, I'll cry for the love of my life that I can't live without even though the slut cheated on me for six months. Bullshit! Why is the dumb fuck-cuck sorry about anything he does? The cunt wife is the guilty party not the dumbass husband. She's only sorry that she got caught. Next time, and there will be a next time, she will more careful. And the wimp will continue to be a wimp/cuckold. I think he likes it that way. This guy is a bigger asshole than Eddie.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
atleast some revenge

Im glad he didnt let eddie slip through he atleast did something

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Congrats on a Fantastic Series

After reading all the rantings over the past week or so, it's good to see all these petty concerns (loose ends) cleared up.

Despite what some may think, Tom has held the moral high-ground. Tom didn't break the marital vows; they were already broken. It only becomes a problem if any contact with Kristin is maintained after Tom & Marianne reconcile.

And as for Eddie, Tom got his revenge in a way that let him keep the moral high-ground while scaring the shit out of little Eddie - that reference to "Vinnie" & friends was a great touch. And what's better is that Tom initially dismissed little Eddie as being of little consequence. But, using his wrong head for thinking, Eddie tries to pursue Marianne; and he keeps doing so against her clearly demonstrated wishes. Now Tom acts; he's clearly in charge and exudes power as he intimidates Eddie; Eddie has now made the mistake of clearly and knowingly violating Tom's turf; before Tom was in the dark; now it's a clear challenge which Tom meets. He does it himself; he breaks no major laws (welllll, not really too badly), He's the clear winner.

And so's Ohio.

Bring on Ch. 10!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
so many possibilities

i agree this is a great series and so many emotions ...i think what you have done is very realistic ..i still say he has been to easy on eddie ...i also agree that him using their pet name hurts bad... i can magine how i would feel.. i really dont think i could use it again so maybe there is something else he can call her besides bitch...that maybe he can use as a pet name... like i said before maybe freddy lol would have to be something off the wall but something they can associate with ... now susan she needs some revenge also if she instigated it id have to fuck with her some just to hurt her a little ... most men have to feel they at least get a little revenge and get even... anyway you do it i know it will be a viable emotion.. keep it up looking forward to more

LeBrozLeBrozalmost 19 years ago
Here's Another Thought

If this was a script for a movie, who would play Marianne? If it's Uma Thurman, I can see a disasterous future in any reconciliation; she could carry off lying to a high art form. On the other hand, if it's Meg Ryan, I can believe in a future success for the marriage.

It's all a matter of perception and the way some people read the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
WEAK ENDING COMING UP

Sorry, but after reading two pages of psysiatric dribble I was dissappointed. At least he got even with Eddie, he squeezed his arm really, really hard and threatened him with his imaginary friends. Wow. I'm impressed. It is a shame such a fine start deteriorated into nothing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Different

What a different slant on things to say that she was thinking of her husband when being with Eddie.Loved the end part I expected Dinno and friends to appear and escort Eddie and the whore out of the place.

fumunda cheezefumunda cheezealmost 19 years ago
I Knew It!!!!!

"He works as the manager of a One-Hour Photo Shop called Collier's, in the mall downtown."

Eddie=One hour photo manager=no fucking money or financial security for her or her children=fucked up nest.

Tom=Engineer= money, financial security, works long and hard to provide the things the lover can't ever give her.

She's a gold digger after all. Now if her husband had been the one hour photo mgr. and Eddie the engineer, she's have been an Engineer's wife before the end of the eight months.

I just fucking knew this was right when i read it.

I still wish Ohio had a really big surprise for us in the last chapter regarding her true cheating nature, but most like a good romantic ending. Personally, I would would at least liked to have seen him take Eddie for a little ride and anonymously beat the son of a bitch within an inch of his life, never knowing, but with a sneaking suspicion it had been Tom that did it.

I had a friend one time that had a cheating G/F. He hired a guy to follow her lover to a bar, wait until he was pretty well wasted, followed him to a parking lot as he left, and with a police nightstick, broke his jaw, nose, knocked out 3 teeth, and had multiple broken ribs.

Blue88Blue88almost 19 years ago
Outstanding

Probably one of the best Loving Wives stories on this site. The set-up was plausable and realistic. At first I had absolutely no sympathy for Marianne - she displayed no redeeming qualities. Her infidelity and lying was difficult to get by. Her husbands reaction was quite believable and realistic. Their eventual reconciliation is filled with anguish and angst, although I believe it should happen over quite a long period of time. As badly as he feels, it would be difficult to accept the swift abatement of his anger and feeling of betrayal. Also, the fact that she recognizes the need for her to get professional help makes this an even better read. All in all, loved the story and hope that the author has many more to tell.

ChagrinedChagrinedalmost 19 years ago
Not too bad

I suppose that some folks are quite correct...if we come to this site expecting to read the new Hemmingway or get first peep at the next David Copperfield we are in for a disappointment. :-) This isn't literature...despite the pretensions otherwise.

I really like the observation from the commentor on the "clarity of human emotions". What an oxymoron! Human emotions are anything but clear!

I have to agree that the "Eddie" part was a bit much though. I mean after all this time the husband decides to go after Eddie? That was a bit of a stretch. Otherwise, although it is not the way I would haveth estory go, it is a pretty good story. A shitload better than most of the tripe we see(and occasionally write!)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
tom the wimp

his wife cheats for 8 months. what does he do? he tells her a story of having a fuck buddy so he can get even.

at first he rationalizes eddies actions and says it's all the wife's fault. eddie makes unwanted calls maryanne and tom acts. what he do? he threatens with imaginary friends.

that's what's tom really good at. imagining things. no self respect. no backbone. no nothing. he deserves a lying, cheating, slut of a wife like maryanne.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Getting There

Good Chapter. Of course, "wimp" calling critics won't like it. Well see how it ends in Chapter 10 but this Chapter has tied up some loose ends.

Psychologically the trust problem is going to be there for some time. I think Ohio does a fairly competent job laying the cards out on the table. If the negative critics would read---in this chapter, at least---what the husband's feelings and thoughts are. He does still "love" his cheating wife. Does that love trump the hurt and mistrust that she caused? Is it a sure thing that she will never cheat on him again?

If the negative critics truly feel a reconciliation is impossible, they can't be criticized for that. Is the story psychologically true for the characters involved? Each reader has to ask that of him(her)self. Since I would like to see less Biblical Fundamentalists, less Islamic crazies, less stuff-shirted Republicans and, conversely, PC Democrats, I would rather see a reconciliation but what about Kristin? If the husband(the names in these stories become interchangeable after you read enough of these things) chooses Kristin, I'd agree. I'd feel sorry for Marianne to a point BUT she did it. If the marriage is irreconcilably shattered, it is not unjust.

The point of the story is IT IS A STORY. Perhaps this genre is nothing but soap opera with explicit sex. Perhaps we who read these things are melodrama junkies. Do we have some inner need fulfilled by these stories? Sex and verbal sex are entirely different experiences. And here the theme of the story is not sex but hurt and revenge----unless it is one of those, distasteful to me, passive, submissive, masturbation-provoking(they must provoke masturbation?) cuckhold wimp scenarios.

Ohio, good effort. I hope we read more of your fiction. And, for people who like this genre, read Harddaysknight, PapaToad,K.K., and the new comer cloacas. Also Longhorn isn't bad. Just some recommendations.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
nice try

Some of the others have already stated the obvious. Eddies continued phone calls pales in comparison to his using the pet name, an eight month affair, and claiming his territory the day prior to Tom’s anniversary. Tom could have brought his imaginary friends to threaten Eddie long ago.

If Marianne’s goal was to have fun without hurting Tom as she has claimed, she would have broken it off once Tom mentioned the stained thong. She made this clear when she told Eddie that they had to cool it for a while. The clear goal was to have fun not a strong marriage.

We all know that these are fictional characters but for me to enjoy a story it has to be plausible.

Take this as suggestions not condemnation. The story did what it is intended to do that is entertain. It is just now many of us like to hate Tom as well as Marianne.

Ken92592

capecodmercurycapecodmercuryalmost 19 years ago
Good Job!

Nice chapter. I second the earlier comments that it is nice that you are responding to the comments/criticisms that you received re the children and the pet name.

But, what really makes this chapter work for me is the analysis that he goes through in the middle on the reason why it is never black and white in dealing with a cheating wife in a presumably loving marriage. The paragraphs following the paragraph starting with "The people who say that dealing with a cheating wife is simple—"just throw her ass out!"—are full of shit." is one of the better summaries that I have seen of the complexities of this situation.

If for nothing else, those paragraphs got you a full mark from me. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
a nonny mouse

It is so predictable. Yes, he will welcome her back and worry the rest of his life, and never be able to completely relax. It would be a great time for him to contact KRISTIN and talk her into working near him. She is much better than the slut wife. Since everything else is "standard", it was natural that the two imaginary thugs were Italian. Everyone knows how they are.

msboy8msboy8almost 19 years ago
Better

I don't see a satisfactory ending to this story, but I liked what the husband did (laying down the law with Eddie).

I think it won't have a satisfactory ending because it is too real and this situation in real life wouldn't have a satisfactory ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
bullshit

pope john paul ohio, will make her a saint like mother teresa, a very good women, shit gimme a break.

cloacascloacasalmost 19 years ago
Think about dialogue differently

Look, enough people have criticized the plot. I don't know how many of them submit stories but as someone who does I try to give credit for working out a storyline that works for that particular person.

That said, your dialogue reads like high school, not the words they say but the way you write it. People don't talk that way. They don't give neat little speeches.

I point this out because you have talent and some of your writing is very good. The essence of the problem is that you use dialogue to list out plot points. You confuse plot with discussion and that bollixes up any real attempt to generate genuine characters.

The best solution is to compress the plot points into non-dialogue narrative passages - in other words descriptive writing - and to highlight those scenes where emotions are highest, where character is revealed. A few she told me or I learned sentences and your could wipe out paragraphs of the fluffy garbage.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
good going!

Thank you for writing. You have talent and I congratulate you for thye obvious effort you put into your story. I am cusious about the kids. Is it common for kids to be aware at an overnight camp for the whole summer? It seemd part of the family dysfunction to me.

noone269noone269almost 19 years ago
Better Chapter

I liked it overall, but there are some things that still bug me. The whole "Carrie Affair" being a big one of them. I still think that it was a mistake to do this, it would have been better to just let Marianne know about Kristin and that would have accomplished everything he wanted Marianne to feel without stooping to her level and lying to her.

I am glad to see that the point of the affectionate nickname was finally brought up, but I don't believe her explanation. "I ... just gave up fighting him about it. It didn't seem worth it." Deluded thinking or not, she verily easily could have stopped Eddie from using this name. All she had to do was ignore Eddie for a few days and that would have ended it right there.

Also it's good to see he finally checked the recorders, but he needs to go further to make sure that she is trying to avoid contact with Eddie. He needs to have her followed, he has no reason to rely on just the recorders and the conversation he had with Eddie, all that could have been planned by Marianne and Eddie to get him off their backs. Seriously, how hard is it for her to figure out that he might have planted recording devices elsewhere? Especially after he played recorded conversations for her? She and Eddie could have easily staged everything to make hubby feel better, take her back and relax, and then everything starts back up again a few months later.

I did like how he finally dealt with Eddie, even if the knife part was a bit of a stretch. However there needs to be some form of payback, not just talk about it.

The day before the wedding anniversary needs to be discussed more, it still has been barely touched on.

Overall this was a solid effort, and I am curious to see how it ends. You have a very good writing ability, and I look forward to your next story after this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
HOPEFUL

First of all i know that this is your story and you will write it as you want, and secondly i also know that this is just that....A STORY. I have been in this situation where i was cheated on, but unlike tom i didn't give her a second chance. There is no excuse or reason for someone to have an affair. If i were tom in this story i would have divorced here in a heartbeat.....for 4 reasons.1)she cheated,2)the affair was for 8 months,3)She fucked him the day before their anniversary, and he didn't get any on their anniversary which implies that tom wasn't as important as eddie,4)the fact that she allowed another man to use her husband's pet name for her.Once a cheater always a cheater is what i say.Just my two cents.

shangoshangoalmost 18 years ago
Here it comes...

*BOHICA!! This is a really bad story. For example:

The people who say that dealing with a cheating wife is simple—"just throw her ass out!"—are full of shit. They have probably never been there, and they don't know what it is like from the inside. Sixteen years of love, happiness and trust, two kids we both adore—those are not nothing. Pure rage can feel great, the adrenalin rush of it, and I certainly knew that. But maybe two months later you're living in a small furnished apartment, staring at the walls, lonely and depressed and wondering why you're so far from the people who matter most to you.

Ok, but when you discovered that those sixteen years have been driven by dishonesty, the time doesn't seem so precious anymore, does it? Besides, I'll bet you never here a Inmate say "Well, I've been in jail for all this time and now they want to parole me. Where will I sleep? Where is my next meal coming from? For ten years, I never had to worry about stuff like that". Also, he could have gotten custody of the kids and who says he had to stay in the apartment? Get out and have fun! Your male lead is a "card"-carrying loser.

*Bend Over Here It Comes Again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
What's it take to get this guy mad??

Hello Eddie. I know you have been fucking my wife every which way but loose, in every hole of her body, til she was so sore she couldn't even sit down to have dinner with me on our anniversary, for months and months and she's loved every minute of it, and further, in real life I would be ashamed to even look you in the face much less come to hold your hand and have this civil talk with you with out carving off various parts of your body with a rusty knife because of all the humiliation you and her have heaped on me and my children. But now she says even though she said it was great with you she's changed her mind and really, really still loves me and wants to stop it with you. But only after I caught her in all her lies with irrefutable audio evidence. LOL I hope its actually not cause my engineering paycheck is bigger than your Photoshop check and dick put together, and will keep coming and last way into pension years and beyond the time those little blue pills will stop working for you. But I'm going to trust and believe in her lying mercenary ass, again, cause I'm such a wimp I even have trouble get laid in my fantasies. LOL So I'm here to tell you that if you don't leave us alone I'm going to get very, very angry and hold my breath and say foreign words to try to scare you and maybe even tell my mommie. LOL

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
What's it take to get this guy mad??

Hello Eddie. I know you have been fucking my wife every which way but loose, in every hole of her body, til she was so sore she couldn't even sit down to have dinner with me on our anniversary, for months and months and she's loved every minute of it, and further, in real life I would be ashamed to even look you in the face much less come to hold your hand and have this civil talk with you with out carving off various parts of your body with a rusty knife because of all the humiliation you and her have heaped on me and my children. But now she says even though she said it was great with you she's changed her mind and really, really still loves me and wants to stop it with you. But only after I caught her in all her lies with irrefutable audio evidence. LOL I hope its actually not cause my engineering paycheck is bigger than your Photoshop check and dick put together, and will keep coming and last way into pension years and beyond the time those little blue pills will stop working for you. But I'm going to trust and believe in her lying mercenary ass, again, cause I'm such a wimp I even have trouble get laid in my fantasies. LOL So I'm here to tell you that if you don't leave us alone I'm going to get very, very angry and hold my breath and say foreign words to try to scare you and maybe even tell my mommie. LOL

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Hmm

"The people who say that dealing with a cheating wife is simple—"just throw her ass out!"—are full of shit."

That's not so...been there and done that. I like most of your stories but your "one size fits all" theory just doesn't wash, and maybe it's just a little offensive to those of us who have been down that road.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 15 years ago
he let the lover off easy

The lover should have at least been roughed up a little. maybe something like he got robbed and then mugged would be enough to make him not to go out at night for a while.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 13 years ago
Things are getting to come to an end

Tom seems to be able to take care of all of the small things, but he still has to find a way of getting over her cheating on him.

Maybe the therapist can give him some insight on her mind set of her cheating.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 12 years ago
cuckold lesson eight

give by prof ohio, cuckold PHD

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

"I told you this two weeks ago, Tom: I will do ANYTHING if it will help make things better."

Oh. That's simple cunt. UNFUCK YOURSELF. GO BACK IN TIME, UNFUCK YOURSELF AND THEN COME BACK TO OUR FAMILY UNFUCKED BY EDDIE. IF YOU CAN'T DO THAT, USE A DULL POCKET KNIFE AND CUT OFF YOUR RIGHT ARM AT THE SHOULDER. Then maybe we'll have a chance......

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
Enjoying it

Thanks for the offering.

javmor79javmor79over 10 years ago
I am now convinced.

I am now onboard with a reconciliation. You have once again changed my mind and I am rooting for her to get her husband back. You have a way of presenting a trial by fire repentance for the cheater that moves me to hope the couple makes it

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanalmost 10 years ago
I really feel

that Tom should have taken the offer of help from some of his "heavies" to teach Eddie a lesson - at least about using the name "anni" and taking her the day before her anniversary...

Tim413413Tim413413almost 10 years ago
5 more stars, but

I'm not yet ready to see reconciliation. I know from my own experience that I would be throwing crap about her cheating in her face for at least a decade. And my former wife was strong enough that she would have eventually walked away from it. Better that both agreed to walk away from it much sooner.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
@lance_spearman

I'm not sure that he REALLY spoke to anyone, I think he may have just been trying to make an impression on Eddie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Its been so many chapters that....

....we tend to have forgot the level of betrayal. All the naughty and nasty things she did, knowing that she had such a nasty secret behind her husbands back. How she didn't give him ANY indication of what she was doing, relishing in hiding her delicious secret from him.

And NEVER forget on top of everything, she admitted to coming home and not only giving her husband sloppy seconds, but enjoying it. This woman is evil and everything that is wrong with the most 'fair' of sexes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

"She stopped for a moment, then went on. "... that a woman who acts in a way that gives so much pain to a man she says she adores ... well, that something must be wrong with a person like that."

Well yes, 'Annie'. There IS something wrong with you. You're a whore, make that a dumb slut because you aren't smart enough to charge for others to use your cunt.

"You may think I'm an even worse monster when I say this—but I would come home from ... seeing him, and I would be loving you and looking forward to seeing you, to making love with you."

No, monster would be too tame of a term. The epitome of evil. Only a truly mentally twist woman could think of coming home and feeding another man's leavings, his sloppy seconds, would be acceptable.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Comments

She SAYS that she’ll do “anything”, but she really doesn’t mean that. If he said she had to watch him fuck Carrie, then she had to eat his cum out of Carrie’s cunt, she’d say, “Your lawyer can call my lawyer!”

“Maybe that makes me sound more like a typical man, who supposedly can separate sex from love.”

Isn’t it the cheating WIVES here who are always saying, “It wasn’t love, it was just sex?”

@Anonymous 09/19/2014 – Actually, she never said anything about feeding him another man’s leavings.

callmesparkycallmesparkyalmost 9 years ago
Did I miss something?

Unless my memory has failed me, he has never asked her about her comment to Eddie that no one ever made her come like he did. That, to me, would stick in my craw for a very long time, as much or more than Eddie's use of her pet name when they were making love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Agree with callmesparky

Who commented:

"Did I miss something?

Unless my memory has failed me, he has never asked her about her comment to Eddie that no one ever made her come like he did. That, to me, would stick in my craw for a very long time, as much or more than Eddie's use of her pet name when they were making love."

This is an excellent peace of writing and reconciliation is very, very hard to do realistically. As such a fundamental deal breaker like this must be dealt with. It may be done in later chapters but if not then this is a flaw which is disappointing. I would find it difficult to ever get past that and I like reconciliation!

Still 5*

RedPillRedPillover 8 years ago

Rereading this series I find that I really dislike Marianne. The length and intimacy of the affair, including overnight stays with him, would be hard to overcome. In essence, she took a second husband, just without Tom's knowledge. Even with some anger, hurt, and ths tryst with Kristin, Tom seems too reasonable and ready to reconcile.

Ths first thing that makes me think that there might be something worth saving is this quote from Marianne: "I told you before that the affair had nothing to do with you, with our relationship. But I see that that is totally false—look at what I did! I let my ... let Eddie call me by your pet name for me. I had hours of sex with him the day before our wedding anniversary! I didn't break it off with him, even when I knew you suspected me."

Any level of inappropriate relationship with another, even well before actual sex, affects the marriage. That is a necessary epiphany. I'm still skeptical of reconciliation with her, even though I often like reconciliation IF the wayward spouse has truly seen the light and turned around. But that statement of hers at least lends some plausibility.

I also liked the scene where he confronted Eddie. Forceful, without much likelihood of landing him in jail. I suspect that most slimeballs in affairs with married women will think twice when confronted with the possibility of real violence. They don't know if hubby is willing to go to prison, and most wouldn't want to bet their life to find out. Yes, they *could* call the cops, but as long as there isn't a recording...

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

#wacc_shit

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 8 years ago
Strange

He put a 9" serrated knife back in his pocket. Sure he did. So the only thing that happens to Eddie after fucking her for months, is a lecture to leave the cunt alone and an obviously empty threat using a kitchen knife. LOL. Sad work author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Eddie

Doesn't everyone agree that Eddie deserved more than a tight squeeze?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Ginsu Super II

It slices, it dices, it makes fucking great melon balls! But it doesn't do shit to Eddie.

Admiralbird348Admiralbird348almost 7 years ago
Right

No, he's just smart enough to know that spending

Years in prison over something his slut wife did is

A stupid idea. I mean really, you people can't figure that out?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Great Parents...Not!

Marianne and Tom both are terrible parents. Lets face it ...who puts their kids in a camp for the whole summer ...parents that don't want their kids around that's who! So don't write what good parents they are because they aren't. The whole story would have been better without them having any kids. When summer is over they probably send them to military school...anywhere but living at home. Can't have kids getting in the way of parents ignoring them! The writer obviously doesn't have a clue about having children!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Lmao a "stern warning"

His wife takes a lover for 8 months, so he gives the guy a stern warning. Lol wow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
One thing I don't understand

Why was she no longer friends with Susan "after that night?" I read that as the night she set her up with Eddie. Why break it off with Susan, but not Eddie? If Susan didn't have her best interests at heart, Eddie certainly didn't. That little quibble in an otherwise good series bugs me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Yeah

Kicking someone to the curb isn't an easy thing, especially after 16 years of a good marriage. But how can one get over 8 months of being cuckolded and then try to save the marriage. I can see her being forgiven, in time but no way can I see the forgiveness turn to reconciliation. The affair has been too cold blooded and calculated for 8 long months and further, there was no end contemplated. Only getting caught ended it and that too when her marvelously inventive lies were shot down by the recordings! No, he is a fool to consider reconciliation.How can he kiss the mouth that has passionately and lovingly sucked another man's cock, repeatedly?( Ofcourse he did.- does that say something?! ) He can't be a man and want to do that. The best he can do is remain friends, for the sake of the children. He has a future with someone like Kristin. He should go for it!!

chaoddicchaoddicabout 5 years ago
Each to there own

Reconciliation is a choice, and when your deeply in love with someone i can understand the extent yoyde go to for it..this isnt me cause id btb but i respect the decision. That being said...eddie still got iff way to easy

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
A chance

A chance at Eddie and he squeezes his arm? Such wonderful revenge for eight months of being a cuck and the reconciliation goes forward.

mustelamustelaover 4 years ago
Very nice chapter

What more can be said.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I know that

Leaving a marriage is often hard stupid and impractical. You can't turn off love, and the relationship of the two and their kids are forever. But 8 months of an affair have fractured things so they will never be the same. Can you stay in that relationship ? Or live together in sort of a soul less way ? Not ever reaching where you were , and aware of why . Actually I have lived through that, made the effort, stayed together, but eventually the cracks showed , deepened and broke. But it lasted 5 more years.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
It just gets worse

The scene with Eddie is priceless. Eddie taunts Tom, and Tom squeezes his arm and starts talking about his imaginary friends. Oh yeah, from the dialogue Eddy would be entitled to think that fucking Marianne was ok when Marianne wanted to see him. She's just changed her mind. Of course, the implication is that if she changes her mind again, Tom is ok with it because it's all up to her. Outside of the absurd cuckfests that are constantly posted, Tom is written as one of the most pathetic husband characters I've seen from a competent wordsmith here.

Robby_DRobby_Dover 3 years ago

He certainly could have done a lot more to Eddie, but at last he finally acted like a man and not just like a cuckold.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
How ver "modern" of

Ohio: "Eddie, in the past Marianne wanted to spend time with you. That was her decision. But now she doesn't, and you haven't gotten the message. So now it's my business."

Gosh, I would have thought it was the husband's business from the beginning. Oh well, I see the character is now a thoroughly feminized male. How pathetic; how weak.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That scene where he threatens her lover was laughable. Sorry but it doesn't match with the character you've portrayed in the story so far. That's the type of anger he should show his selfish wife not the annoyingly calm and pathetic way he has been dealing with the affair so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That's quite a pocket Tom's got. Big enough for an unsheathed 8" (serrated) blade. Picky, picky.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

All these chapters and that's how you decide that he would get revenge on the lover? I was like yes, finally you will give the husband some revenge but bloody hell what a let down. Shouldn't be surprised considering how pathetic you've made his character.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"I know a guy named Guido; I'm too much of a pussy to do anything myself to the guy who fucked my wife for 8 months and ruined my marriage, but Guido will cut your balls off and when he fucks Anni, he'll let me watch."

Nice, very direct, very manly, very....Ohio.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well folks you have to remember these stories are fiction. They are written to make you mad and to get you to react rather than proact. Ofcourse if this were my wife after 8 months of fucking someone else and then shes just soso sorry. Total Bullshit. This bitch needs to disappear off the face of the earth in a barrel right next to eddie, but make her watch eddie get butchered first. No real man would tolerate her doing this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I understand this was clearly intended to be a reconciliation story under almost impossible circumstances. Anyone that didn't get that by about Ch. 3 should probably stop reading fiction; if you did get it, you should have stopped there if you hated a reconciliation.

But this whole chapter is weak; the "confrontation" is weak and laughable. "Eddie" has been portrayed as an obsessed lover who is desperate to get back with wifey. Even if he is "quite a bit smaller and slighter" he wouldn't back down and the stupid "I know some guys with Italian names" is ridiculous. In real world, Eddie would come gunning for Tom and maybe Marianne as well, and I mean that literally. I have seen it happen in the real world more than once. Too late to change this, but if ohio keeps writing as I hope he does since he is a very talented author, work harder on the confrontations. They don't need to be violent, if that is inconsistent with your main characters but make them more believable than this; Tom looks like an idiot here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What sort of idiot writes this: "Eddie, in the past Marianne wanted to spend time with you. That was her decision. But now she doesn't, and you haven't gotten the message. So now it's my business."? Golly, most husbands would think it's their business from the beginning. What pathetic character development.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikeralmost 2 years ago

There are a few key questions that the MC hasn’t asked or ‘bottomed out’. 1) Did Eddie use condoms in their frequent trysts? If not then both hubby and wifey need STD tests; and 2) How many previous lovers has wifey had during their marriage and were her children sired by hubby? Yes, I know that wifey denied having any lovers before Eddie, but she is a compulsive liar, so the jury is out on that question and only a DNA test will deliver the truth. 5 stars, and this yarn is getting to me!

Pjam1968Pjam1968almost 2 years ago

The ones they say dealing with a cheating wife is simple—"just throw her ass out!"—are full of shit.

I do much differ

It is straight forward simple as hell

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Tom has finally taken the first positive step to regain control over Marianne's foolish actions. I doubt if she has any emotional longing to Eddie after seeing what she did to her marriage but she allowed herself to develop feeling for him that she didn't see until it was too late to walk away from on her own. She finally told Eddie that their affair was over and he still wants to enjoy himself at her expense. Now Tom has let Eddie know that there will be no safe future for him in Marianne's life and it should have desired effect. A well written but lengthy story looking forward to Chapter 10,

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked part of the confrontation. But it might have gone further. ~You temporarily destroyed my peace of mind... greatly disturbed my household and my MY family, which has YOUNG CHILDREN who need us BOTH! So, I'm thinking, maybe just one of your balls. If I see you again in this county; if I drive past your apartment in a month and see your car.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Separation allowed for needed reflection. The cheater did take positive steps to get a professional counselor to examine her weakness that led to her betrayal. She did want to return to her marriage.

Eddie was still in heat

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous