Houston: The Girl Of His Dreams Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It's really quite reasonable for this area, John," she said. He did a bit of math in his head. If they rented their place out while they were gone, they could cover the mortgage and the taxes on it. Plus, the housing and cost-of-living allowances they would receive from Alpha Sector would more than cover the cost of this place.

"What do you think?" he asked Houston.

"I really like this place," she said. He nodded his head, then turned to Lisa.

"We'll take it," he said.

"Excellent," Lisa said with a smile. They spent the next hour hashing out the details. John paid the security deposit with his Visa debit card and Lisa finalized the paperwork online. "Don't forget to get me a copy of your work visa," she told him. "We'll definitely need that." When they finished, she smiled and shook their hands. "Welcome to London," she said with a cheery smile.

From there, they went to the team room at MI6 headquarters. Mike was waiting for them when they arrived.

"I spoke to Victoria Harrison," he said. "She claims she has no idea what her sister was up to. Said she hadn't spoken to her much at all since their parents died a year and a half ago."

"Any idea what Susan meant by a 'new way?'" John asked. Mike shook his head.

"No idea whatsoever," he said. "I've looked it up and didn't see anything. Maybe you can find something."

"I'll see what I can find," John said. Just then, Ross came into the room and turned on the large television mounted on the wall.

"Everyone, you need to see this," he announced. The team stopped what they were doing and watched the television.

"Sky News has just learned that a government official with the Home Secretary's office was arrested along with high-ranking members of the United States government. The arrests took place during a high-level summit between Prime Minister Brown and President Pierce. For more, we turn to Fox News," the anchor said. The scene shifted to an American reporter.

"Multiple arrests of highly-placed figures were carried out at a government base in the Midwest. Among those arrested were First Lady Barbara Pierce, House Speaker Judy Chastain and at least two staffers. One of those staffers was reportedly arrested for what officials said was the alleged murder of former President Lincoln Skaggs.

"A British diplomat was also taken into custody. According to reports, the diplomat was allegedly involved in a long-term sexual relationship with the First Lady. More to come as details of this are made available. President Pierce is set to address the nation soon. Stay tuned," the anchor said.

"Damn," John said. As they watched, the scene shifted yet again, this time to the Oval Office. President George Pierce sat behind his desk, looking resolute. John noticed that he appeared to be in some pain, but was managing to hide it well.

"My fellow Americans," he began. "You've probably heard by now that prominent figures -- including the First Lady -- have been arrested. I won't keep you in suspense. Those reports are true. It has come to our attention that there has been an ongoing international plot to overthrow the duly-elected government of the United States by a group of individuals seeking to fundamentally transform humanity in a way that defies all logic or reason.

"If this plot had been successful, not only would this government have been overthrown, but the special relationship between this country and one of our closest allies would have been irrevocably damaged. I am happy to say that plot has been stopped in its tracks." He stopped reading the teleprompter, took off his glasses and pushed his papers aside.

"Please allow me to speak heart-to-heart with you for a moment. I'm just a simple, plain-spoken man who says what he means and means what he says. I grew up on my father's farm in Idaho, played football in high school and college. Served in the Army for a while, then went to Boise to serve as a state representative. From there, I went to the state Senate, then came here to Washington to serve in the House and later in the Senate.

"I was honored when Lincoln Skaggs asked me to be his running mate six years ago, and I swore I would work to bring decency and integrity to this administration. I'm here now because someone murdered the former president. You'll learn more about that in due course.

"You may also have heard that the First Lady -- Barbara Pierce -- has been involved in a long-term affair. That report, unfortunately, is also true. I can't begin to describe how I feel about that right now. I met Barbara in high school, married her out of college and raised two sons with her. Normally, I would have divorced her, but thanks to events out of my control, I was unable to. You'll learn about that in due course as well.

"We're not going to agree on everything, but as my former constituents in Idaho can tell you, I'm ready to calmly discuss any disagreement with anyone, anywhere and any time. But one thing I think we can all agree on is this -- we are a nation of laws. While I'm president, know this. No one, not even the First Lady or the Speaker of the House, is above the law.

"I fully intend to finish Lincoln Skaggs' second term as spelled out in the Constitution. I may decide to run for another term, but right now, I'd just as soon go back to the family farm and retire. I had hoped to spend those years with Barbara, but that's not going to happen. I'll let you know when I've made that decision.

"Until then, may God bless you, and may God bless these United States of America and her allies. Good night," he said as the screen faded to black, followed by a panel of talking heads intent on telling their audience what they had just heard and what it really meant. Ross turned the television off. The room was buzzing with talk. John put his head in his hands.

"Are you all right, mate?" Mike asked him. He nodded his head.

"Yeah, I'll be okay, Mike, thanks for asking," John said. Mike patted his shoulder and walked off. Ross came over to them.

"Well, it looks like everything Regis told us turned out to be true," he said. "We've got our work cut out for us."

"That's putting it mildly, Ross," John said. "I think we're going to be hearing some pretty strange stories over the next few weeks and months."

"I think you're right," Ross said.

* * * * *

That night, as John and Houston lay in bed, she rolled over and looked at her husband. He felt her turn and looked into her face. He felt so lucky to have her by his side.

"John, can we talk for a couple minutes?"

"Yeah, sure. What's on your mind?"

"I was just wondering... You know, I watched you when you were in the hospital. I know you were out of it, but it looked to me like you were having a hell of a dream. Do you remember anything from that?" He nodded his head slowly.

"Yeah, I do," he said. "Why?"

"Would you mind telling me about it?" she asked. "Whatever was going on in your head, it just seemed to be so intense, the way you were thrashing around." He thought for a bit before answering. He remembered everything, in vivid detail. But he wasn't sure how she would react to what he had to say. He decided the best approach would be the truth. It might cause a fight, but at least he could look at himself and honestly say he never lied to her.

"Well," he said. "I woke up inside what looked to me like an animated cartoon. It was a lot like that Heavy Metal movie. Except I was the only real person or thing there. I couldn't remember anything. I didn't even know who I was. Then I came under attack. I thought I was gonna die. Then you came along."

"Me?" Houston asked.

"Well, a version of you," he said. "You remember that costume you made after the Legstrom thing?"

"Yeah?" she asked tentatively.

"That's what you were wearing. You carried a flaming sword and you rode this giant winged creature that wore armor."

"And I saved you from whatever it was that was attacking you?" she asked.

"Something like that," John said. "And the things attacking me were called corpuscles. Then you came over to me and said, 'come with me if you want to live, John Smith.' So I followed you and we rode to your fortress."

"Oh come on," she said.

"No, it's true. You told me your name was Houstonia and you were the Queen Protector of the realm of Urhart. You fed me, helped me take a bath, then, uh, made love to me. Said you were there to see to all of my needs."

"Wait, wait," she said. "Are you telling me that you had sex with a Heavy Metal cartoon version of me?"

"Uh, yeah," he said. "Are you mad?"

"Mad?" she asked. "I guess I should be, but I'm not. Not really. At least it was me and not Roisin or some other woman. And I now know what it was that got you all excited while you were out."

"You mean..." John began.

"Yeah, you got hard," she said. "So, I decided to give you some relief."

"What?" John asked. "You actually had sex with me in my hospital bed?"

"I, uh, gave you a blowjob. It was kinda wicked, but I felt like I had to do it," she said.

"You naughty girl," he said, tickling her.

"ME? Naughty? You were the one having sex with a cartoon version of your wife," she said.

"Right before I woke up, I remember asking who you really were," John said. "You told me I already knew, deep in my heart. And you were right. You really are the girl of my dreams and the guardian of my heart, you know that?"

"Only because I love you with all my heart, John Smith," she said as she climbed on top of him. "I can't live without you. And right now, I need you to make love to me." He smiled as he put his hands on the soft flesh of her buttocks.

"As you wish, my queen," he said.

"Oh, wait," she said, sitting up. "There's something I need to do."

"What's that?" he asked as she grabbed her phone. He watched her move her fingers over the screen, then he heard the strains of a very familiar song.

It's your one way ticket to midnight
Call it Heavy Metal
Higher than high, feelin' just right
Call it Heavy Metal

* * * * *

Epilogue:

John and Houston finished their after-action reports and returned to the States to prepare for their three-year assignment to London. Roisin said they should prepare for a "right knees-up" when they returned.

They spent two weeks getting everything ready. And it was a very busy two weeks. They put nearly all of their belongings into storage at Alpha Sector's headquarters and shipped the rest to London. Roisin promised to make sure everything would be delivered to their flat. Then they contracted with a property management company to rent the house out for at least three years.

The DOJ investigation of the incident had just begun and already, some fairly salacious details had managed to get leaked to the press. John knew this was only the beginning and a part of him was glad he and Houston would be out of the country when the full scope of what happened became public knowledge.

Diplomats on both sides of the Atlantic were also arguing over Ian McWhorter's fate. Now that he had been stripped of his diplomatic immunity, he was facing serious charges in both the US and the UK.

A week after returning, John and Houston got their visas and emailed copies to Lisa as promised. Finally, everything was either packed away or shipped to London, and the two of them were in Regis' office saying their farewells.

"Not gonna be the same without the two of you around here to be a pain in my ass, you know that," Regis asked sarcastically. John laughed at that.

"Well, I promise to be a pain in your ass from afar, how's that, boss?" he asked. Regis laughed in response.

"I don't doubt that you will be, son," he said. "Seriously, John, I want to see sitreps every couple weeks at a minimum. You hear me?"

"Got it boss," John said.

"So, what's your take on all this?" Regis asked. "What's your gut telling you?"

"My gut's telling me we've just scratched the tip of the iceberg," John said. "There's so many unanswered questions. I can't explain it, but I get the feeling things are gonna get... interesting."

"My gut's telling me the same thing, John," Regis said. "And I think Oscar and the folks over at the Task Force are feeling it as well. Keep your eyes and ears open over there, John. That sign at our entrance says Alpha Sector is the first line of defense. And that makes you two the tip of Alpha Sector's spear, so to speak. We're all counting on you."

"I understand, boss," John said.

"Well, enough of this," Regis said. "Let's get you two off to your new home. Good luck, John," he added, shaking John's hand. Then he turned to Houston. "And good luck to you as well," he said, giving her a fatherly hug. "You look after him, you hear me?" he asked, pointing at John. Houston smiled.

"Don't worry boss," she said. "I've got his six." Regis smiled at that.

* * * * *

Several hours later, as the plane descended into Heathrow airport, John looked out the window at the city below. This would be their home base for the next three years -- at least. He looked forward to the challenge and the prospect of meeting and making new friends.

But he also knew something terrible was brewing on the horizon. He just didn't know what it was, exactly. But he did know the next few years would prove to be... interesting.

* * * * *

Note: Victoria Harrison's rise to power is written about in "Revenge in Advance: The New Way." Stay tuned for more adventures in the lives of John and Houston Smith. And remember, this is fiction, which means it's not real...