All Comments on 'How Cara Learned to Stop Worrying Ch. 06'

by phlight

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
wetnhornysubslavewetnhornysubslaveover 11 years ago
publish

I honestly think this series is good enough to be a novel...please write more! And when you're done, send it off to a publisher, you're very talented. :)

phlightphlightover 11 years agoAuthor

Thank you for the compliment..not so sure about how it'd flesh out to be a novel or if there's a big enough audience to support a publisher's interest, but it's been fun to write it. I have one more part to finish up this main story (will finish whenever the mood hits again, hopefully soon).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
I absolutely love this story!

First of all, I really think you've sold it a bit short by posting this under Interracial. Yes, they're an interracial couple, but that's not the focus of the story, nor do I see it being the focus of the sex scenes, i.e. 'Sandy could not believe how hard she was cumming on Ming's yellow cock'... Lol, couldn't help myself.

Instead what you have is a very sweet story about two very different people with different backgrounds learning about each other. And my goodness, they're funny characters, too. Your characterization of the people in this story is just awesome. I love this damn story... But yeah, should have chosen 'Erotic Couplings' or something, because the sex is hott.

phlightphlightalmost 11 years agoAuthor
Thanks, anon

TL;DR -- It'd be nice if stories could be located in more than one category.

I agree that the interracial aspect is not the biggest emphasis of the story -- although the characters are definitely aware of it, of course (maybe more so in her experience since she has never been with a person of color, and in her dawning awareness of his experience living in a predominantly "white" culture*). I deliberately tried to avoid making a hollow fetish object out of Keiji; at the same time I know that when conceiving of and writing the story, his race was a huge turn-on for me. (My husband is Asian so I was thinking of him on more than one occasion. I admit to having an "Asian fetish", although it's mostly physical for me and not because I expect a person to behave in a certain way, as often crops up in a more by-the-book interracial sex story. Walk on my back, let me eat sushi off of you, be submissive, whatever.)

I sort of went back and forth on where to categorize it -- it's important to me to acknowledge that Asian male/non-Asian female couples exist, and I guess I ultimately went with interracial because if I was looking for a story that reminds me of me and my husband...hell, just a story about an Asian guy in a sexual situation of any kind... that's where I would look first (and usually I look and am disappointed by the quantity or quality of what I find). Why? Because Asian men are not typically viewed as sexual beings in Western society**, so to find them somewhere generic like "erotic couplings" would be very, very, very surprising to me, almost no chance of it happening -- I reckoned no one seeking out a story about a couple like Cara & Keiji would even think to look somewhere other than "interracial."

That said, if Western society in general is to become more familiar with/accepting of these couples as they are of say, an Asian woman and a white man, sticking the story in Erotic Couplings would be one way to do it! It's complicated though, because that'd almost be like trying to remove race from the picture -- you could nearly ignore it in a very short story, I think, like if you simply introduce a character and he happens to be Asian, nothing more said about it, get straight to the sex, but otherwise this inherent distinction between the lovers will crop up in the story as points of interest and make it more than just an every day "erotic coupling."

*Examining the experiences of interracial couples on deeper levels is an important task, but not really something I was prepared to tackle in a short erotic story.

**The situation is changing over time (hooray for Harold and Kumar, hooray for Glenn from The Walking Dead!) but Asian men are still underrepresented and it's a good thing to emphasize that Asian men aren't just sexually neutral onlookers. They are great husbands, fathers, lovers...and on a literotica level, they're pretty fucking hot!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
A brilliant story that had me captivated

This is a really fantastic story, I was really taken by the whole thing.

Please don't stop it were it seems to have come to a temporary end. I'm now expecting more and more from you about this one, I want to hear how they all get on and how the families all jell together and it becomes a really great story. It could so easily be a best selling novel if you get it really going.

The whole family part is hilarious and so well thought out. All the characters are real people and portray a wonderful story line. It has fantastic laughter, whit and humour, coupled with a serious side as we all as some really good romantic sex scenes written into it.

PLEASE PLEASE lets have lots lots more of this, its fantastic

Look forward to MUCH MUCH more

Geoff

phlightphlightabout 9 years agoAuthor

Thank you for your comment, Geoff...sorry to be responding so much later. I hope to come back to these characters soon, at least to wrap it up a little bit (although I kind of hope this part stands on its own...at least it's not as bad as the last episode of The Sopranos or anything.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great story

I love the characters. I wish you'd continue it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous