All Comments on 'How High a Price'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 222 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Low life author stole the title from a prior title.

Totally worthless posting. But, from this guy, not a surprise.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 9 years ago
Loved it

very engaging. Five stars.

whirlwind_66whirlwind_66about 9 years ago
A trend setter ..!

Very well written , close to something happening in real life..what an irony ..evryone is very prompt in sympathising with the addict..but what about the real victim of the addiction ...who is behind the husband ..the poor chap ..he has to fight the pain , misery , frustrations alone ..he has to pay for the misdeeds of someone else..

RhomanovRhomanovabout 9 years ago
*****

Very tough situation. A serious love/hate.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 8 years ago
Good Story ... Marginal as LW

Great tale about the development of drug addiction. Nicely done by competent author!

However, if one were to think of in terms of erotica, it has to be judged as a stroke-killer! It would turn steel to custard! Sweetie turning tricks as a spaced-out street whore counts as 'adventurous?' Not in my book!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
ADDICTS CAN NEVER CHANGE.

all they need is one more sweet, tingling temptaion to be in their reach once again............. & bam whatever effort invested goes right out the window.

no addict can ever be cured, we just need a reason to resist that temptation, i am an addict, i just have a reason to say no thats my secret.

there can never be a casual user or "honey i got it under control, or am not really addicted i can stop when i want"

these are just delusion we are blinded with (us addicts)

am really sorry for posting as anon, i hate to do that

but any & every addict will tell you this in the end the price to be high at the end is very very high & never worth it.

i can never be cured, but not to relapse, i have an annual ritual that i share with my reason to live,

i would have checked out a long time ago if i did not have my beautiful reason!

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
He Should Have Ended It

"I shutter to think” – SHUDDER

“when I dumped out her snatch” – I THINK you mean “stash”!

"I'm sorry Steve, I can't discuss her case or condition with you without her permission” – SHE’S the one who presumably wants his help, how can he help if he doesn’t know how she’s doing?

"I let it get out of control and when I finally realized it, I couldn't put the genie back in the bottle," – Except you kept insisting it WASN’T out of control, and refused help “putting it back in the bottle.”

Sandy makes it sound like her fucking was like rushing to work and running a red light, she didn’t INTEND to run the red light, it “just happened!”

I’m a little confused – she figured doing it their bed would be okay because he was using the guest room and wouldn’t notice, but then she apparently DID do it on the guest room bed. Wasn’t she afraid that he would notice?

SHE wants their life back after SHE has pretty much destroyed it, but if he had some “revenge fucks” it would probably end any chance for them?

“the rooms were void of any furniture” – How does he live there with his daughter without any furniture?

If it were me, I would have ended it and tried to get together with Connie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
@Sbrooks103

Man what is your problem? Every story you have to point out the authors errors. If you are so perfect how come you have not written anything yourself? Or do you just like to sit back and pick apart other peoples writing?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
A whore is a....

Whore. Fool yourself, lie to yourself, deceive yourself all you want but Sandy is just a loser, crack whore in remission. There is no cure and there patient is a whore. Cut and run! Save your daughter from learning from her whore mother how to be a....wait for it... WHORE.

LoL, it's pathetic to see the wimps, cucks and girly boys trying to justify keeping a slut as a wife. Disgusting, just wallowing in your own filth story.

RePhilRePhilalmost 8 years ago
A Painful and important issue

A sensitive subject beautifully balanced and written. Very Well Done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Second read

I have seen a few addicts in my life. Be it drugs, gambling, alcohol or whatever. One was a girl that I had dated very very seriously. She denied her addiction for as long as she could, till I got the two thirty am call to bail her from jail. Seems she got picked up in a crack house. Now I am no saint, and for a while I used alcohol to help me Beth through the horrors I saw on the job as a NYC Paramedic. One night my T.O. (Training Officer) took me out and laid it on the line. She showed me a picture of her and her spouse and three children from better times. She then showed me a picture from six months later. He looked worse than some of the homeless guys we used to pick up. He was getting the drugs as payment for helping dealers that got injured from knives or gun shot wounds. He started with the mood swings, but the first time he slapped her for not having the house clean she packed up and took the kids. She pulled no punches in the divorce and laid it all out there. He was a first offense guy so they were lenient on him as he also worked for NYC EMS. This was before it was rolled into FDNY. Two weeks later he failed a random drug screen. He was given two options, mandatory rehab and two years suspended sentence, with the proviso that failing a screening would negate the deal, or immediate termination. He went for the rehab. He tried to get back with his wife even though his sponsors and his therapist all told him he wasn't ready yet. His wife also told him no, but agreed to put the divorce on hold while he did the rehab and therapy. Well he went through rehab, but six months after that, two weeks before the suspended sentence was due to end he showed up on her door step, three sheets to the wind high as a kite. She called the cops. And y'all can figure out what happened from there.

So, getting back to me I was scared straight. Dropped the booze, I occasionally have a drink, but stop at one. Like anon here I had a beautiful reason to not let me go back down that road. Was I an addict, to a point yes, and to put it nicely the first month without anything was rough. Found a substitute, I would take my rifle and ammunition, go to the range and work off my need. For me it worked. For my girlfriend of the time, not so much. I begged her to go to therapy, try it, maybe an AA meeting or something. She kept telling me she had it under control. Before I bailed her out I asked if they did a tox screen on her. I was told they did that as well as a rape kit. Seems, that to get another hit she screwed someone there. No rape even though she claimed it to the rafters. Her blood work also showed gonorrhea and a few other presents. Like an idiot I trusted her. I knew the ADA that was on this case and asked point blank what was going on. He used to volunteer with me at the fire department for our district in upstate NY, so I knew him as a straight shooter. He told me how they had a CI in that drug house and how my Cynthia was well known. It wasn't rape as she made the offer to have sex instead of paying money. I wish I could say that I took it well, but, that would be a lie. This was the woman who when I looked into her eyes, I saw my children's eyes. I tried to work with her, went to the therapy, but refused sex with her. Every time I tried I saw her with those lowlifes, she was due in court in a week, I walked into the bathroom as the door was unlocked and I had come home early due to a stomach virus. Saw her trying to hide her stash. That my friends was it. I could no longer make excuses for her nor to myself anymore. I called her therapist and told him what happened and that I was throwing her out. I figured she would go back to her parents. I was right on that one, but she told them I was cheating. Now they knew me since I was a child and had lived next door to them. That's how long I knew my Cynthia. I say my Cynthia because the addict in front of me wasn't her. She lied in court and the prosecutor brought out months of surveillance reports. Since she was already in therapy, they gave her a reduced sentence. I saw her the last time prior to her sentencing. I told her I loved her and always would, but I couldn't get around what she had done to get her fix. The lies and deceit had just killed the relationship. She called and begged me to help, and I tried, however I told her and the therapist (new one now that was court ordered) that I was there as a friend only. The romantic relationship was gone! Did that for my friend of over twenty years. In the end her parents found out I wasn't the one cheating and that I was still trying to help. She went back to her old ways and I had to distance myself from her. So I moved away. I hear she relapsed again and this time got HIV in the deal. That woke her up finally and she really did stop. When she found out I had married and had a kid on the way, it did something to her. She fought it for fifteen years, but finally succumbed to pneumonia. There was nothing more I could have done for her. I had to come to that realization by myself, you see addiction doesn't just affect the addict but everyone around them. She did get pregnant before HIV, and had a daughter. She had put in her will that if she died and nobody from her family would be willing to take the girl in that I be asked before CPS got involved. Her sisters had written her off as did her two brothers. So you can just imagine how that went over with my wife. She thought it was my child even though I pointed out that I had been married to Jennifer my wife, already for a few years. Yes I went back to the old neighborhood to visit my parents a few times over the years, but aside from saying hello to her and her parents once in all that time I never had contact with her. In the end after blood and DNA testing we adopted her. She had nightmares for a while from when her mothers boyfriends were over and we helped her with that. Her parents are still in touch, having bought the house across the street. I asked one night after the kids were asleep, why they didn't take her in or convince one of their other children to do it. They told me and Jennifer that out of everyone they trusted me more than them. As for themselves it was simply that they couldn't take care of her. They were too old and the husband already had two heart attacks. They did say that they wanted to help their granddaughter as much as they could. I didn't want their money, she was now my daughter, so that responsibility fell on me, but, they insisted. Even my wife didn't want the money. So in exchange, they became our babysitter of choice. Unbeknownst to us, they set up a trust fund for all of my children. Not just their granddaughter, but my other children as well. When they passed due to a car crash we found out about it. Cynthia's siblings were beside themselves as to why the lions share came to us. The attorney who was the executor of their wills, read a letter to all of us. The synopsis went along the lines of, when you had a chance to help your own flesh and blood you turned your backs on her. So she came to me and I refused any money from them even though it was tight for us. The siblings were then blown away (as were my wife and I) as to the amount of the estates worth. No we weren't rich, not even close, however all of our children would have their college through masters degrees payed for. When I asked the attorney if we could take a chunk and put it up in trust for the siblings children, he told us not until after all of mine had finished and gone as far as they wanted academically. To this day I don't know what to feel about this, but I have a strong feeling that the grandparents had argued with their own children that just because Cynthia was an addict and had hurt so many people through her addiction they shouldn't take it out on the child. Well they did and this was their price for it.

So to everyone who doubts what this husband did or didn't do, until you deal with addicts you really can't say what to do or not. Me personally, I couldn't stay with her even though I tried as a friend but even that had its limitations. The part of if he would have gone out and had sex with another woman would end it for her is hypocritical at best, especially after she thinks to herself right before getting thrown out, well he'll just have to understand. He wasn't a wimp nor a willing cuck, however his vows did also state for better or worse, in sickness and in health. So, everyone has to decide how they deal with it.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
@Anonymous 02/07/16

"Man what is your problem? Every story you have to point out the authors errors. If you are so perfect how come you have not written anything yourself? Or do you just like to sit back and pick apart other peoples writing?"

First of all, if authors never have their errors pointed out, how will they ever get better?

Second, not only am I FAR from perfect, but even if I was that wouldn't mean that I have any talent for writing. I freely admit that I have no apparent talent for writing, if I thought I did I would surely post it, and would welcome ANY constructive criticism, whether story or grammar related. On a related note, Gene Siskel and Roger Ebert were two of the most famous and respected film critics of their time, and to the best of my knowledge neither of them ever made a movie!

Finally, I don't LIKE to pick apart other peoples' writing, many times I'm so engrossed in the story that I don't even notice errors that others have pointed out, but I would like to think that a writer would like to know where he/she erred, particularly if it was something that they didn't realize was an error so that they can avoid making it again!

CarnilliaCarnilliaalmost 8 years ago
Great!

A very powerful, deep and original story. I liked the end too.

I would have never been able to get over what she did. I mean sleeping with guys in every room of the house? Not a chance I was going to take her back. But that's me. I truly admire the husband character. He is really a stronger person than myself.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Just another crack whore she will be back selling her cunt in 6 months

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago
Second time through....

Not sure how this never made it to my favorites. It's in there now.

dc6370dc6370over 7 years ago
Addiction

You did a great job of describing the life of an addict, and family. As hard as the story was to read, the reality is 100 times harder. Nice job.

jesemmojesemmoalmost 7 years ago
Good Story

Many marriages are confronted with these very situations. And most are not as fortunate in working through the problems. I like stories such as this one because too many married couple find it easier to end the marriage rather then work on it. Our society is faced with an excess of 65% divorce rate. So many could be saved with serious work and commitment, but it’s easier to dump it and move on and on and on. Good story. I’ve enjoyed most of your writings and look forward to continually reading your creative take on married life.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Great story

Good for him for giving it a shot what with a kid involved.

Having said that, he married a dope smoking easy girl who fucked BEFORE the first date. Hell, easy would be better than this girl. He never asked her out before she seduced him. Soooooo what did he expect?

HomefrontWitnessHomefrontWitnessover 6 years ago
I liked this story a lot, 5 stars

But of course, I have a complaint. This is the internet after all. The little disclaimer at the beginning is horseshit. It's your job as the author to show those truths throughout the story, through the husband's actions and thoughts, not just insist at the beginning that people file away the first paragraph as fact. If you can't sell your own story, you can't just insist that people find their love poignant.

Seeker1107Seeker1107about 6 years ago
First time

I have to say I’ve heard something similar in real life. Basically as a basic emt in NYC, we got the call to transport a woman in labor. When we got there we requested medic backup as the woman was aids+. Not HIV+ But full blown AIDS. This was in the beginning of the 90’s and we were scared. Anyway, the woman told us a story that was similar except she got pregnant and then got AIDS. Her husband broke down when he found out. She gave birth and the baby was quarantined immediately. No breastfeeding allowed. When the baby came back hiv- the father took custody. Back then if the mother had AIDS or was HIV+ that was it, she lost custody. It was only the grace of G-d that kept the husband clean. Personally I don’t believe I could ever go back to a woman like that. I do however applaud the character for being able to take that step. My reasoning is as follows; she said that she didn’t see it as cheating when she screwed for her fix, but, she knew how he would see it, and he threw her out as soon as he did see the marks on her. She also despoiled their home, and during that time just where was the child? Since she basically endangered both him through disease and the child by bringing the dealer or whoever into the home to me that is a deal breaker right there. I’ve dealt with addicts and they truly have no higher reasoning function to a point. But, she still knew to hide from her husband. So she wasn’t all the way gone just yet, and for that I wouldn’t be able to get past that! I’m happy that this fictional character could do what I wouldn’t be able to.

DrakenNoirDrakenNoirabout 6 years ago
Sandy didn't cheat?

Man what planet is she from? She said it was ' Just a means to an end'. Thank goodness she wasn't working in real estate. I'm sure with an attitude like that she would have closed a lot of deals by sleeping with the clients. Steve won't have to wonder how she gets promotions either. After all, it's just a means to an end. Sandy is delusional. Once you start making that excuse you will be using it forever. She claims that if Steve had a revenge affair, it would be cheating. So all he has to do is make sure he's getting something out of it. Promotion, closing a deal, whatever. As long as it's a means to an end.

In the end if he wants to keep her and is happy, I'm o.k. with it. It's not my life. I just couldn't have someone do that to me and keep them. Too much betrayal on too many levels too many times.

Good story, sad but good.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Heavy

story. He married a girl who was a druggie of easy virtue from day one. I'd say, based on that, he can give himself some blame.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Addiction

Whether drugs or alcohol, both are addicting, you are never cured, you take each day one at a time, at least she has someone close to help who cares

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
So she didnt remember fucking for drugs that one time

but she recalled doing it on every surface of her house with dozens of other men?

DiscoveringUtopiaDiscoveringUtopiaover 5 years ago

I'll have to agree that the deal breaker would have been that first morning in the shower.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thought provoking

A believable and well developed story. Sandy's descent into total degradation was entirely predictable. However, she had to be aware of her multiple trysts with strange men. Almost all the furniture was contaminated but she maintained that she had only two men to the house! Does that mean that she had them over repeatedly,which would make them her regulars? Tragic but what a husband and father! 5*s.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
Excellent story!

And it's not necessary to agree with every character. Far from it! That said, I would fire that therapist in a heart beat. He has no right to raise his voice or bark orders. Fire him and both will do better. Good story about a real challenge and pain.

meganann10meganann10over 5 years ago

Very believable story well written with events that could be true.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I like your stories; but......

There are times that your incorrect grammar and word usage is painful to read. Most would be caught by spell and grammar check as is included in MS Word. If the reader didn't have to stop and figure out what you are trying a say, at random intervals throughout the story, the story would flow better and be more enjoyable to read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Been There

Went through this myself many years ago, ended up with custody of our two girls who were just a year or so either side of Lisa's age and kept the house. She ended up with a child molester for a husband. Good story, I think they've got a good chance to make it. Signed: BTW

texxmantexxmanalmost 5 years ago
Good story

Having gone through something like this it came across as believable and realistic. Addiction is a horrible disease, and people do insane things to feed their demons. The missing piece at the end is the continued struggle. A lot of recovering addicts relapse one or more times.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
'im willing to do anything'

except x, y, z.....

typical selfish cheating spouse. she even tried to excuse what she did as 'not cheating'. she DID decide to do drugs...she DID decide to snub his attempts at help...she DID pawn off his things. I understand what drugs do. She's NOT who she once was. But she still holds accountability for her actions. She never truly owned up to any of it, nor afforded some revenge measure for her husband.

Sometimes....I...don't have control. It's true. Do I hide like a coward behind my lack of control? NO! If I'm lucky enough to have SOMEONE ELSE....ANYONE ELSE...that even MODERATELY LOVES ME....I tell em', "look, i may loose control...please please please help me" I have rage issues. I do. And I'm lucky! I have people to help me. Some sooth me...some tie me down and knock sense into my head. But I REACH out to them...because I KNOW I'm not always in control.

She WANTED this hell. She doesn't deserve this second chance. I'd tell her as much. She had enough control and brain during 80% of her addiction to reach out for help. So I give her ZERO sympathy. I think the husband did right...by his daughter. i don't think he's weak. he's tough. i'v lived with addicts. it's hell. nothing short of tying them down and beating them bloody works.....unless.....they ...ask...for...help.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I noticed one thing about this guy stories

I don't think you've written a husband you like. No one won, big mouth1, 2 and among others. In every story right the husband never comes out ahead. Even when he divorces the wife, he still gets fucked over, by the law, his family And somehow he's better off with a cheating slut, then finding a decent wife. The husband never comes out ahead and the best we can hope for your stories is that the husband breaks even.

So you're either a woman, A willing cockold, An angry gay man or English bob's nephew.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 5 years ago
It’s not always drugs

Great story. What Sandy went through isn’t unique. I’m convinced that drugs are only one expression of addiction. It could be gambling, drinking, severe depression, or low self esteem. They all lead to losing control to pursue something that makes the person feel better. I’ve seen it when a girl was alternately anorexic or bulimic; and turned to theft to buy expensive clothes, shoes, boots, and accessories. Another girl I knew simultaneously, anorexic and bulimic, was a serial cheat looking to convince herself she was pretty and worth a man’s attention (I almost married her). At some point the significant other, and family, have to decide when enough is enough. Regardless of the path chosen, it’s a difficult experience. Steve was VERY fortunate. Sandy might have wound up dead, diseased, or pregnant by a mystery father. In all of those cases, life for a single dad with a 5 year old daughter is a huge challenge (for father and daughter).

I found the story realistic and relevant to modern American life. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
WHat a pathetic cuck

this knob gobbler would stand by as his wife directed a gang bang rape of his daughter and still take the lying cheating cunt back

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Pathetic

The husband is one stupid s.o.b. Who in hell would want such a pathetic slut in their life?

GrimmerGrimmerover 4 years ago
Reread

Still rated it a 4 ...

Addiction is more psych than physical - especially for those who have been thru rehab. Having been through an issue like this (sybling), it was moderately accurate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Written by someone who is either an addict or loves one

I am the former. Its soul.crushing knowing how much you have harmed those you love while at the same time having to be firm in your recovery. You cant just capitulate to their demands because your life is on the line.

The husband handled this typically but i love him for trying.

bikeymoybikeymoyover 4 years ago
I liked it!

This story was more realistic than most on this site (BTW, I'm not a stickler for that like SOME commenters). I take pleasure in filling in plot holes and editing in my head as I go along. Generally I think it's good for the brain to fix and re-imagine certain aspects of stories written and posted for free viewing by amateur writers, though some are admittedly just unreadable. This one fits in neither of those categories! It was a great read and easy to follow... nothing to edit or re-imagine. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Vocabulary

Wish you knew the difference between effect and affect.

TheRighterTheRighterabout 4 years ago
Lisa?

Is Lisa some amorphous being? She's barely even a bit player in this. Does she even have a line of dialogue? Seems like she should be Steve's primary concern in even considering in getting back together with Sandy. How much did Lisa actual witness in Sandy's downfall? I mean Sandy supposedly had sex on damn near every piece of furniture in the house. How did she do that without Lisa witnessing any of it? And regardless of how great your relationship originally was with your wife, do you really want your daughter to be exposed to a crack whore (for that's essentially what Sandy became)? I think not.

Artie88Artie88about 4 years ago
One of the Better Ones

Pretty balanced and good.

Only thing that did not ring true was whether there was any impact on the daughter. Not a mention, and that should have been the primary focus of the father.

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Where

Where did Sandy get the money for a car from and to take Lisa shopping.?

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989almost 4 years ago
Very real

Written with a lot of feeling and insight. Thanks I enjoyed the read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Big Mistake Stevieboy!

Sandy only needs a little sniff of cocaine and she will fall way off the wagon! The fact that Sandy was selling her body to get drugs would definitely prevent my from accepting her back. Sandy could get all hyped up on acid and kill Lisa!

JhWALLJhWALLover 3 years ago
Very true

once she started selling herself that would have been the end for me. You can't forgive someone who absolutely refuses that they are wrong and you should not even except them in your life to start with because marriage takes two to tango.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
People are fucked-up

I was going through the comments and what's sad is that some of the people are like...i would dump her and shit...of course i am not taking sides...but drug addiction is something which makes the victim vulnerable...like anyone could get anything out of the victim by making use of her vulnerability and if at that point you leave her, she is all the more broken, and vulnerable... and easy to manipulate. It's fine if you want to dump her but dump her after curing her...

It's like announcing that you would dump your wife if she has cancer....and clap your hands and be done with it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

A really moving story. I glad that there was a happy ending. For a while there I thought that Steve would walk away he was acting like a total asshole with no empathy or understanding of what an addiction can do to someone.

I read through some of the comments to the is story and have to wonder at what kind of people there are out there. The literotica world seems to be full of sad unforgiving people who would step over a dying person and walk away.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The sheer ignorance displayed in a lot pf the comments here is staggering

The term "crack whore" is used as a deal-breaker constantly. Would you prefer a barfly? Bet-head? Meth-head? Addiction is addiction is addiction

Dlh143Dlh143over 3 years ago

What a pathetic, wimpy cuckold! It making back a crack whore? Why doesn't he join the author in cleaning up from her pussy? I wish I could give negative stars for this shitty story!

SignedBTWSignedBTWover 3 years ago
One Thing

In the first session with Dr. Russell would have set me off; him telling Steve he couldn't talk about Sandy without her permission. My feelings would be if we can't discuss those things there would be no point in the meeting and I'd be out the door, not to return under those conditions. Another thing that would have to change would be her belief that since she was an addict she didn't feel she cheated. Unless she could understand and admit that she did cheat repeatedly there would be nothing less than lawyers and courtrooms. Still a sad but good story. Would I try again in Steve's shoes? I already did once a long time ago and it didn't work out, but then again only one of us tried. Signed: BTW

Dlh143Dlh143about 3 years ago

A wimpy cuckold taking back a cheating crack whore? How big of a pussy does the author want this dude to be? Why not take it all the way and have him cleaning cum up after her lovers? That way he can be the complete piece of shit the author wants him to be.

fullchoketubesfullchoketubesabout 3 years ago

Damn good as usual. You're a great storyteller. My only critique is the plethora of typos.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 3 years ago

I wouldn't be able to get over what she did in the house tbh. On her daughter's bed? No

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Pathetic little cuckold

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Just don’t see it working out in the end. Too far fetched.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

He should have gone for Connie instead rather than get back with a crack whore.

He didn't even get to try out another woman to even things out the slightest bit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Excellent story and potentially a real life one. Most people don't understand what addiction can do to a person. It robs them of any responsibilities and despite knowing what you are doing is wrong you just can't stop. I had two friends who were heroin addicts they got married to each other and tried to kick their addiction together. They had counselling and were on methadone. Sadly neither of them made it and died together of an overdose. The addiction for them was to strong.

It's a real shame that this author hasn't published anything for 4 years now.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"...she got physical and scratched my arms when I dumped out her snatch. "

Of course she did. No female likes to have her snatch dumped!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

She didn't cheat on her husband. "ADDICTION MADE HER DO IT". Hitler didn't kill Jews. "HIS ADDICTION TO POWER MADE HIM DO IT". Great story. Silly anony btb trolls have got no chill.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Fuck this shit. The author wants the reconciliation so BANG, there you have it. No clear rational thought or character development until suddenly he takes her back with whistles and bells.

I for one would have preferred him going the Connie route. Maybe there is an author willing to correct this car wreck of a story and put out a satisfying ending.

Grouch6977Grouch6977over 2 years ago
To be honest...

I haven't read all of your stories; but, I'm betting this is/could be your best story. Grouch6977

Wolf_Man_1962Wolf_Man_1962over 2 years ago

Having been through rehab with a family member, this is a little fast. Sandy hasn't progressed enough for reconcilliation. But hey this is make believe so no addicts were harmed in the writing of this story😜

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

it was a good story, but to many things are a bit unreal. As a husband the first time I caught her sneak smoking pot, the problem would have been been eliminated. 1- stressful job comes to an end 2-drug usage comes to an end or marriage does. her choice to make. but make it she would have to. I'm as hen pecked as most husbands about unimportant issues, but draw the line in the sand on important ones. drugs, alcohol issues, infidelity, right and wrong do draw that line. no point going further to point out the others as this is as far as it would have gone, either way.

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 2 years ago

Good story. Some grammaticals, some spelling errors. The issue I think for some is they think it's a RAAC. To a degree it is. However two people needed to work through their issues and did. Being a short story instead of a novel length means it had to evolve quicker than it should have. Understandable. Can you love someone that much? Yes. Can a person mean that much to you? Yes. Most of the angry people here have the attitude "THROW THE PERSON AWAY!" Is that how you view everyone in YOUR life?

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

Authentic, raw and well-written. 5/5!!

Dlh143Dlh143over 2 years ago

How in the help do you write a story about getting back with a crack whore and expect anything other than 1 star?

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 2 years ago

An enjoyable story about the rocky road to reconciliation. I personally didn't expect reconciliation but I think it was pretty well earned. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well written. I liked it. Don't think it would end in reconciliation, but its a story after all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Forgiveness

For dlh143. It is calledforgiving. It is part of love. Something you don’t seem to have for some reason. I hope you find it

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I've seen way too many of 143's comments over the years. Don't hold your breath - to be fair, he isn't alone. Some people can only see black and white.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Forgivness, yes. But within reason. Drug junkies should not ever get second chances. Fullstop.

In my oppinion her fucking half the town may be forgivable. But a druggie mom should never have the right to see her children again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Once again, the large number of misspelled, misplaced or mismatched words almost killed a decent story. Get an editor, a different editor and reread your work. A good story, well told, NOT well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I doubt any man would have hung on as long as this guy did.

Alex like her really never recovered but rarely; Yes some do but don't bet the ranch on the majority.

That assign this is a very well written story thank you for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Why do people get all upset with spelling, punctuation and missed words etc. Academics are idiots needs words to be correct but can't make beans on toast. I am dyslexic, can't stand academia because I cant understand exam questions and cannot pass exams. Yes I would rather be this way because I am well qualified and I am a lateral thinker which is needed for a Senior Health, Safety And Fire Manager in a Police Force. So what I cannot spell or others cannot read my writing. People that complain about things being not well written are just so infuriating. As long as its understandable is good enough.

Now as I am a one man one woman person, as adultery was committed that would have been enough for me. Regardless of the reason in this story, he did try to help her and she did not listen, I would have divorced help. I may have helped her after especially because of the daughter. He needed to move on. The biggest area would have been trust.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well written. Different angle to whole cheating wife story, the wife whoring herself out after becoming a hard core drug addict. The husband's actions while the wife degenerated could have been expanded on; could have been multiple attempts to get her to go to re-hab. In any event, this was an original story.

Am always amused at the trolls who complain about grammar and spelling errors. Sure better editing would be appreciated but this is a free site. You get what you pay for here. It's the story that I care about and was suitably impressed with here.

mfj

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

"Hope Springs Eternal" sometimes it seems like hope is a trap and life is just waiting for just the wrong moment to shoot you in the ass, but you continue to hope not none the less.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

So all of their problems were because she was a “pot addict”. The author should pull his head out of his ass and I are up to the fact that it’s the 21st century. The story was ruined because you wanted to portray a drug addicted wife and made the entire story about her so called addiction. Why don’t you write about something you actually know about?

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesalmost 2 years ago

Life is a learning experience. This would be a difficult thing to adjust to. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Not sure I understand how smoking marijuana led to full force addictions to cocaine and other hard drugs. But I guess she had a very addictive personality and a lot of anxiety problems. All in all a thoughtful story. Most would see her actions as unforgivable by the MC, but the author does a good job of setting the. table for a RAAC. She certainly had woefully impaired judgment or no memory of the many times she sold her body for drugs. Now how she never got a serious STD really strains credibility.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting, nicely written story. One I can relate to - not my wife, but one of my children. I'm just surprised that, at the end, they didn't take it more gradually moving in together than they did. I felt his emotions of being helpless, watching a loved one going down the pit, & his outburst in the doctor's office. I do question how, by selling herself on the street, she didn't wind up with any STDs. Nor why he didn't make her get the test, unless they did it (as I suppose) in rehab. The story leaves that piece of information out.

.... Knowing her past, if he's not on the outlook for her returning to those ways, even with the counselling sessions, he's a fool. He should also, for the near future at least, put some tracking devices on her phone & car, & possibly in her pocketbook if she carries one. Can't be too sure.

... 4 the commenters below talking about jumping from pot use to the hard drugs: the story showed her increasing pot usage because of her life, work, etc., & that's where she jumped into the harder shit. Probably wasn't in a day. Perhaps she met a dealer that introduced her to the stuff; the story's not that detailed into her decline, just mostly that it happened.

.... All in all, 4 stars. One day at a time. Bob

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

After page three, I gave up. Started to think I was reading a never-ending Don't do drugs commercial featuring Nancy Reagan. Though nicely written, not why I come on to this site.

Dlh143Dlh143over 1 year ago

Stupid story. What sane person would stick his dick into an admitted crack whore who sold her body for dope? Who would allow the slut around his child? This author is a complete idiot! Negative 5 stars for this worthless story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Pretty much what living with an addict is all about... pure HELL!... however, most do not realize what happens to the family during that extended period the addict is living with and actively practicing in it... the family becomes sick also trying to deal with the constant insanity and trumoil... just because you are not drinking or drugging does not mean that you are not just as if not more negatively affected by the addiction... I know, I've been through it and when I decided to get help I learned I was as sick and even sicker than the addict by that time... I was addicted to anger, resentment, rage, paranoia, and rigid justification for it all... all that did, like drugs, eat me up inside out until I was a bitter, nasty, and an angry person that people did not want to be around... so, I eventually sought help and after several years of support groups and therapy I was able to again become a likeable and sane person... we never reconciled because my ex-wife would not overcome her BPD (borderline personality disorder) & alcoholism... I just moved on without all the bitterness and resentment... yes, I eventually forgave her for my own mental health.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Creative and heart rending. While the cheating may have been the MC's visceral breaking point, the real problem was that she was a cracked addict that had fallen so badly. There wad nothing the husband could do except but he did in counseling. It was his choice to try again. While I don't agree with her perspective that it wasn't cheating (though she was under crazy substance abuse influence) those we were lesser sins than the whole vicious addiction descent. I do think the ending was a bit rushed. The MC ha s amazing fortitude and Sandy finally worked her way out of her nightmare. The author while making it seem open-ended on their chances, I prefer to believe they will make it albeit with hurdles on the way. Marijuana is a gateway drug for about 30% of persistent users.

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDayover 1 year ago

I can't imagine living with an addict. She was damn lucky to have a husband who gave unconditional live.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Gritty story but where there's love, there's still hope.

AardieAardieover 1 year ago

Almost any other man would have immediately filed for divorce and sole custody. Odds are, the time will come when the opportunity presents itself and she rationalizes a little won’t hurt.

MarkTwineMarkTwineover 1 year ago

Why don’t you join the 21st century and quit being such a dick about a little weed. The husband was just an uptight controlling asshole. He got what he deserved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I agree with ZippityDoDaDay, I don't know if I could live with someone who did what she did. Well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

good story, my second wife had a drink problem that got out of control and when she drank she slept around. hardest time of my life but at least i got 3 great kids from it that i bought up myself after she left.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very good story overall. 2 things popped up: 1st was when Steve blasted Sandy after being told that her selling her body's not cheating. He then left the counceling session. A couple weeks later, he apologized. WHY??? He never really returned to that topic. 2nd, when asking Sandy about what'd she think if he had sex with some girl, & she said she'd consider it cheating, etc. What Steve didn't say/ ask was that she fucked other guys to get & stay high, but she doesn't consider it cheating, but for him to have sex- revenge or not- would be?

---> Now to reply to commenters who'll probably never see my replies. But I've got to do it. One, stating Steve's too uptight, etc., & deserved it. Because he saw what it's doing to his wife & daughter? Because he realized her decent? That's fucking stupid; moreso, I wonder about his/ his wife's drug usage. Next:

-----> Many saying they'd divorce her or that she'll return. There's NO guarantees on this; it's a life time of not returning to where the addict was, & have the strength to do it. I speak from experience. I've a family member (thankfully, not my late wife) who this story hit home. Only thing, this person wasn't married, otherwise.... Years later, that person's a contributing member of society, refusing to even drink alcohol or eat any dish with it in a food's recipe, even tho it's drugs that did them in. A few times, going out to eat with them, I cautioned that the dish they wanted had an alcohol base, me having been in food service & doing some cooking.

----> A sharp cousin of mine said something echoed in this story: you've got to let them get sick & tired of being sick & tired. What I'm saying is that there's many, many people that, like my fam. member, contribute nicely to society. And yes, there's those that don't do well. But that's human nature. A spouse's love has to be strong enough to at least TRY to help that person. To give up right then & there shows some weakness on the spouse's or fam. member's part, even with their strong comment.

---> Back to the story. One of the better ones I've read. I felt the emotions, frustration, & total loss that Steve felt. Possibly moreso as I went through it, but I don't want to take anything from this author. Even with the couple things left out, 5 stars Bob

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very good story overall. 2 things popped up: 1st was when Steve blasted Sandy after being told that her selling her body's not cheating. He then left the counceling session. A couple weeks later, he apologized. WHY??? He never really returned to that topic. 2nd, when asking Sandy about what'd she think if he had sex with some girl, & she said she'd consider it cheating, etc. What Steve didn't say/ ask was that she fucked other guys to get & stay high, but she doesn't consider it cheating, but for him to have sex- revenge or not- would be?

---> Now to reply to commenters who'll probably never see my replies. But I've got to do it. One, stating Steve's too uptight, etc., & deserved it. Because he saw what it's doing to his wife & daughter? Because he realized her decent? That's fucking stupid; moreso, I wonder about his/ his wife's drug usage. Next:

-----> Many saying they'd divorce her or that she'll return. There's NO guarantees on this; it's a life time of not returning to where the addict was, & have the strength to do it. I speak from experience. I've a family member (thankfully, not my late wife) who this story hit home. Only thing, this person wasn't married, otherwise.... Years later, that person's a contributing member of society, refusing to even drink alcohol or eat any dish with it in a food's recipe, even tho it's drugs that did them in. A few times, going out to eat with them, I cautioned that the dish they wanted had an alcohol base, me having been in food service & doing some cooking.

----> A sharp cousin of mine said something echoed in this story: you've got to let them get sick & tired of being sick & tired. What I'm saying is that there's many, many people that, like my fam. member, contribute nicely to society. And yes, there's those that don't do well. But that's human nature. A spouse's love has to be strong enough to at least TRY to help that person. To give up right then & there shows some weakness on the spouse's or fam. member's part, even with their strong comment.

---> Back to the story. One of the better ones I've read. I felt the emotions, frustration, & total loss that Steve felt. Possibly moreso as I went through it, but I don't want to take anything from this author. Even with the couple things left out, 5 stars Bob

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The bitch is toxic....divorce her

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

CUNT STEVEN SHOULD HAVE DIVORCED THE BITCH AND TAKEN FULL CUSTODY OF HIS DAUGHTER!! STUPID PATHETIC ASSHOLE

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Personally think it easier to forgive a drug addict who was under the influence of serious substance abuse for cheating (nad yes it was cheating Sandy) than premeditated cheating and actual affairs. Her biggest sin is her mental sickness with regards to drug addiction. If she was selling everything she could get her hands on and didn't think one iota of her husband and daughter for a long time under the influence of a smorgasbord of hard drugs, then her committing adultery to finance her drug addiction is a no brainer. It is what addicts do. But if they come back and rehab and stay sober snd do the work then you can actually get the old person you fell in love with, without the drugs. Also changes trust dynamic. Now it is about "is she using again" vs "is she cheating on me because last time she did it for thrills?"

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Anon of "about 1 month ago" had a good point about forgiveness for drug addiction as a mental illness. Her abuse was in using a recreational substance as a prop for a clear mental dysfunction of some type. Like alcohol. That she DID go back and enter rehab said she was recoverable. But I would argue that you don't "actually get (back) the old person you fell in love with" since everyone is changed by the experiences and history. They would have to consciously start again from a agreed-upon point to forge a new partnership. I think this author did a good attempt of showing that, including perceptions and emotions. Nice story. Well told. My first wife became a major alcoholic due to childhood abuse trauma, and some things she did led me to divorce her. But I was too young and only saw my duty to a still-loved spouse to try and help after the divorce and a suicide attempt. And so we 'recovered' and re-married going on for 30+ years. We weren't the same people after. Those commenters who just condemn and say "btb" miss the whole point of the story. Literotica Comment versions of Internet forum trolls?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous