All Comments on 'How High a Price'

by the Troubador

Sort by:
  • 323 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
wagon tongue

Troubador, when you write this trash please use another name. You have already proven that you are capable of much better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Interestingly Believable

Interesting story and believable based on my experience observing wives who have strayed. If kids were involved, couples stayed together but there was tension regarding trust and "would she do it again". It ws split even when no kids were involved. Two guys packed up and left and two decided to try to make it work. Hard to judge until you walk a mile in the other persons shoes.

Ergo, ending can go either way depending on how the authro feels or how the situation played out in life. Found it a very well written story.

dsidedsideabout 20 years ago
A big disapointment!

Early has allready proved himself a wimp by not throwing the slut out. The disapointment comes from you writing a story like this. Hopefully some of the endings that come in will salvage the story by making Early a man again.

Since you have been in the minority by writing honest stories and condeming wimps and sluts I doubt that there will be any good endings to this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
what did these guys read????

the classic "non erotic" story, one of my top 5 of all stories, regardless of category, and these morons have the balls to give grief.... i guess there is truth to the saying "give a monkey a typewritter and sooner or later they will add a comment on a GREAT literotica story"....

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
WHY WIMP OUT

A GREAT STORY, BUT YOU WIMP OUT AT THE END.THIS YOUR IDEA AND PLOT GO FOR THE GUSTO WRITE LIKE YOU CAN.THE LADY MESS UP AND SHE AND JOHN SHOULD PAY.WHEN SHE GOT HOME NOTHING IN THE HOUSE AND NO EARLY.LEAVE THE MIND GAMES ALONE AND WRITE WITH YOUR HEART.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Real Life:

Thank you for sharing your talent with us the readers. Your story could have come from the local newspaper advice column it is that real. I am not surprised that your readers either hate or love it, this story does not allow mediocre comments, it is just to real to be ignored. I hurt for Early, what a horrible situation. To those who say throw her out, I ask the question what does for better or worse mean? This girl talks like she needs mental help not chastisement. I would take her to the Dr. for blood tests to verify firstly that she was not involuntarily on something. Only then would I go the route of trying to find out why. Her actions are very unsettling to say the least. Again, though strange perhaps her mind refuses to accept what she has done. Very very good, very sad story.Thanks Again:A Fan.

fakers51fakers51about 19 years ago
This story had substance

Great story with substance and research on the husband before he sprung the trap. Love the vague conditions he laid out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
All man

Early asked some very important questions of his wife and took corrective as most men should.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Good beginning for a story, too bad author quit

This was a good story, or part of a story, but not a great story. It could have been great, if the author hadn’t gotten lazy and quit 25% of the way through. Yes, I can and do use my own imagination. But I read other people’s stories because I want to experience THEIR imagination. I love stories about men who catch their wife cheating, provided the husband’s primary reaction is anger, and he confronts the wife in an assertive manner. The “Troubador’s” little “storylet” was excellent as far as it went, and I rate it 100%, but it only went 25% of the way, so I gave it a 25% overall rating.

The saving grace of this story was the excellent conclusion, “How High a Price: Long Ending”, written by Bdad. It, combined with the initial story, is what the Troubador should have written. I strongly recommend “Long Ending” to anyone who enjoyed “How High a Price”. Just do a text search for “How High a Price” (including the quotation marks) to find it, as well as several less good sequels others have written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
good plot but writer chicken out

this woman has educate sense and no common sense,that the first problem.she trying to use lawyer logic and she is lost.he should stay away from her for six months or divorce her.let her no what she lost.he sounds stupid listen to that crap over and over.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Bullshit

Hot damn! A cheating slut story. I'm about to piss my pants while I wait for the next ten chapters. Bullshit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
This has become a classic

Troubador,

This story has become a classic here. It has been added on to by many. I am wondering if after all of this time whether you have an ending that you would like.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
one of the biggest letdowns ever on this site

wife sends night in another man home and lies about it to hubby.she the favor for john help.betrayal by wife and forsake no man over hubby.she broke to many vows.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
My thoughts with appreciation

the Troubador:

Please let me convey my appreciation and commend you for what I consider is to be one of the classics posted to this site. I felt compelled to write because of the reaction to 'E.Z. Riter's' fine submission based on this story. Particularly, I want to comment on your comments to that story regarding this original.

You wrote that you and your wife imagined a dozen different scenarios in which the wife, 'Susan,' was innocent of infidelity. I have great difficulty understanding that perception. To quote your own story you had the following discourse between husband and wife:

'Susan': "Early, I love you! This had nothing to do with you, with us. Please try to understand, this was something I felt I had to do. It had nothing to do with you, with us."

'Early': "That makes no sense, Susan. How can your cheating on me, cuckolding me, not have a thing to do with us?"

'Susan': It was something I felt I had to do, Early. I was trying to repay John for what he had done for me. It had nothing to do with the way I feel toward you, with my love for you."

If 'Susan' were not guilty of cheating, wouldn't this be the time for her to deny it, to set straight what had really happened? Unless 'John Stickner' were an early riser and 'Susan' wanted to express her gratitude to him by making breakfast for him, why on earth would it have been necessary for her two spend two nights at his house?

Further in the story, 'Early refers to 'Susan' having spent two nights in another man's bed. Again there is no denial from her. And the lies, the many lies. Innocence has no need of them.

The hook for me in your story was not whether or not 'Susan' had cheated, for the circumstances you painted made that for me a certainty, but her inability to understand the damage she had caused their marriage and 'Early's' uncertainty of how he was going to respond. The open-endedness of your story was inspired because that left to each reader's imagination how the story would or could end. After having read it a number of times, I'm still not sure how it ends for me.

A commenter responding to 'E.Z. Riter's' submission remarked that your story was just "OK"; that the sequels are what have made your story great. WRONG! Sequels be damned! Your story has been a classic from the moment it was posted.

Just some thoughts from an admiring reader.

Philip

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I agree that this is a true classic!

I like some of the alternate endings but I felt none have matched up to the intensity and emotions of the original.

Maybe I have an over vivid imagination but sometimes I just like to figure it out for myself. That said I hate to see stories without an endings so ...

On the whole anything that spurs writers, particularly new ones, must be a good thing!

Regards, DJ

ohioohioover 17 years ago
the story is a true classic

If we measure stories by, among other things, how much readers care about them, re-read them, think about them, attempt sequels to or alternate versions of them, and comment on them, then HHAP is certainly a classic.

I've read it a number of times, and marvel each time at the Troubador's ability to make us feel so deeply, to care about the people and the situation. It's just a great story.

I've followed with interest the recent flurry of comments on EZ Riter's version--for me, that version is more decisive and in some ways more convincing, more complete--but it in no way replaces or reduces Troubador's original story.

As for Troubador's claim that there are many sets of circumstances under which Susan's behavior could be innocent--like virtually all the other commentators, I just don't see it. To me it's case closed that she spent two nights in bed with John Stickner, whatever did or didn't go on there. (Unless the story suddenly has aliens or mind-control in it.)

Since Troubador obviously doesn't see it that way, I hope he'll write a sequel in which he shows us what he's thinking. I would certainly welcome it.

louguy35louguy35over 17 years ago
Just another story.

Although the concept of the story is good, it is just another Lit.com story with no ending. Troubador, is it that you were incapable of writing an ending; too lazy to write and ending; were tired of the story and did not want to write an ending; wanted to give the finger to your readers; or what?

Do you know the rules for being a good writer? Do you know that a good story consists of a beginning, a middle part, and an ENDING? Do you realize that if you persist in the Lit.com fad of writing no ending that you will lose many of you readers? Do you even care?

If you do not respect your own work, why should anyone else?

Cheers, I guess!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
DUMBEST BITCH !---

Gotta be the stupidist woman --He deserved it ??????????

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
3rd class slut

you do not have minimum quality to write an erotic story. totaly bullshit

NucleusNucleusabout 17 years ago
Good story ...

... because opend end. I love this kind of story.

_________________________________________________________

Thanks for good reading

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Awh

So tired of wimpy stories. What's wrong with acting like a man for once? Is your pride and backbone worth nothing? I was in a relation for twenty years before i walked... SH* and vinegar, what's wrong with you guys? Do you beg them to walk over you. Cheating Wifes, impressive.. Cheers Yoron.

striker1017striker1017almost 16 years ago
not often

It is not often that anothers ending is better than the original, but any other ending is better than this. BAD BAD BAD story.

bruce22bruce22almost 16 years ago
Great Story Telling

This is one of the best written stories on the site. As it stands, she cheated. With a few small alterations it could be a different truth, but by her own declarations she gave her sex to John. She can maintain it has nothing to do with how she feels about her husband and that she was not cheating, but paying a debt. But Early has to be the judge and so far she has been a terrible advocate. She can be having mental problems which would change my reactions. Or he can love her so much that he will seek a reconciliation with appropiate safe guards. The only thing that really leaves me unhappy is that the Troubadour seems to have quit writing. Please come back!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
" WELL?"

IT SUCKS ............ AGAIN!

SleeplessinMDSleeplessinMDover 15 years ago
Once again a great read!

I recently read a sequel to this story on another site where the author assumed that Susan cheated and his story provided her POV to justify her actions. So I re-read your story to be clear on the facts which showed that she cheated on Early:

(1) Early and Susan kept each other informed of their movements. Susan hid her movements that weekend such that the receptionist thought something was amiss. She turns off her cell phone and left no word on how she may be reached.

(2) Susan's lies during the phone calls were designed to deceive Early. Susan checked to make sure Early would be out of town.

(3) Susan's overnight bag plus her car at John's place indicate that she had planned this time with John.

(4) Susan's lack of denial speaks to her guilt. She is a partner level attorney but she could not explain her actions,

(5) When Early spoke about her fucking John Susan described it as something she owed him. She seems to deny the fact that John seduced her but she did not deny fucking John.

(6) Despite the pending death of her marriage she failed to provide a simple explanation for her actions to the man she loved.

In sum, other than a mental breakdown, Susan owed Early more of an explanation for her actions than what she gave him. I just can not imagine any spouse getting away with the way that Susan treated Early (assuming no other facts present).

Anyway, your story remains a classic - I just wish you would write the different endings sequels promised.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
divorce

is the answser

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
a nice pen ?

she never even thought a nice pen would be an adequate 'thank you'. irreparable harm. she killed the marriage, that's my opinion and i'm sticking to it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
A woman fucking at work with workers or clients

is a whore. You dont stay married to cheating sluts or to whores!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
liar

She is a big time liar after all she is a lawyer. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THERE IS TO TALK ABOUT SHE PUT HER CAREER ABOVE HER MARRIAGE CASE CLOSE GET RID OF HER.

BallsOfSteelBallsOfSteelalmost 15 years ago
Powerfully real stuff

Ouch! That's gotta hurt. I doubt I could ever stay in that marriage. No, lying cheating whores do not deserve my company. Not even if it gets lonely in that big king size bed. I'll take loneliness over marriage to a whore anytime. Nice work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Divorce

It's the only way, no going back he will never trust her again, too much pain.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Sad, but No Chance

He already (subconsciously) would have begun to visualize her conduct leading up to her screwing around. His intimate knowledge (picture in his mind) of their lovemaking, its' tenderness, exhiliarating sensual euphoria of the actual love making and ultimate orgasms, the after love and holding would begin to torment him. This was his (theirs) and now she had allowed another man to savor that special, sexual, love making that only he and she had. These thoughts, her betrayal, and giving their exclusive love feelings, willingly to another will drive him to horror, anguish, hurt, despair, anger and dillusions of commiting suicide to escape the sickness in his stomach and mind from her betrayal and freely giving away that which had only belonged to the two of them. He will need to pack some clothes, not to think about it but to leave, arrange for a divorce, think about re-locating (he could never see her again - the hurt and anguish) the betrayal being beyond his capability to emotionally handle it. I think you should end this way, his walking out, in tears, knowing he will always love jer, not wanting to ever see jer or touch her again...how would he survive...

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Dump her

She cheated a whore forever

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
cheat

Susan is a cheater and liar. She is unreal and in denial. They have a long road ahead of them but I don't see there ever being any trust. Susan wanted this guy and he is going to expect more. If she wanted to them him for his help she could of given him something for his desk at work or a pen set or something along those lines. Not her body and she is trying to make light of that and and what she was doing benefitted the married couple. She will in all likelyhood if she wants to salvage this marriage is leave that company or the temptation of her boss will still be there. No, I don't see them lasting very long together. Once a cheat, always a cheat. Nicely written.

scarlottiscarlottialmost 14 years ago
How High a Price

I will try to write an ending for this well written story. Scarlotti

geopri71geopri71over 13 years ago
keep it

I like this ending because you can put yourself in that situation and say "This is what I would do ".

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
even though its fiction it has to make some sense

i don't understand is his wife from planet earth. in which culture is it mentioned that a wife can show her gratitude by providing sexual favors. It was a waste of time.

Tequilla1Tequilla1over 13 years ago
Nice story.

Very good story, and guy who lets his wife cheat on him and not stand up is a fag. Awesome story. Nice its time for him to go out and get a prostitute.

saratusaratuabout 13 years ago
I know that the story wasn't ended

but I didn't like the way the story went before the ending either.

sojomansojomanalmost 13 years ago
Nice but ...

You make the male character of your story sound weak and indecisive, almost a wimp.

He didn't take any proactive action when he found out his wife was with another man (lucky for him she came back home :). He asked many questions for which he didn't get a single answer from his wife (either his questions were rhetorical or she thought he was beyond deserving answers). His idea of starting to fix his marriage is by replacing their king size bed by two individual beds! What a man :)

I wonder why you felt the need to state in your preamble that these are intelligent, caring and feeling individuals. Nothing in the story gives that impression, quite the contrary. Nothing either one did seems smart, let alone intelligent. Both lied to the other, not a caring attitude. The only thing they felt is sorry for themselves.

Honestly, I can imagine more reasons why his wife would be cheating on him than worrying about and imagining an ending, and in a sad way I'd say he deserved what he got. Live with it. The rest is details.

Any end anyone may be tempted to write would be like putting embroidery around a dirty and worn out table cloth, you'll never make it look good.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
Susan lied two days in a row.

Therefore, she knew that sex with John was not acceptable.

I don't mind the ending since I believe that Susan and her husband could get pass the little cheat. However, I am disappointed that the story tells nothing of how long the cheating was going on; if only two days or if there had been other times. But even more, I am disappointed that there is no explaination of why. What did John do for Susan or is it that Susan was in love with John?

In any event, I decided to rate the story 5 stars but probably I should have rated it no higher than 4 stars.

al18al18over 12 years ago
CUCK

tOTAL PIece of crap.

No real man can accept this whore's behavour

BetterEndingBetterEndingover 12 years ago
She Does Not Get It

Well, I really like your stories. I even liked this one until the end. It was obvious that she felt no shame or remorse about having sex with another man. Her tears were simply because she had been caught and that she might lose her husband. Since this woman felt no guilt about what she had done, Early had to know that she would do it again. She would just have to be more careful the next time.

He asked most of the right questions. He mistakenly told her not to advise him to get even. If he had let her, that would have given him even more insight and he would have been more convinced that she would do it again. He did not ask one question that he should have asked. He should have asked "So, does that mean that you believe it is alright for me to reward other women for their deeds by having sex with them?" An answer of no might have forced her to realize that what she did was not OK. An answer of yes would have told him even more.

Early sounded like he had a good handle on her feelings about what she had done. She believed that she had done nothing wrong, other than getting caught of course. She was not asked to do it so she must have offered. She never said that this was the first and only time. She did not offer that she would never do it again. All she did was try to justify it by saying it had nothing to do with the two of them. If he did not want to divorce her immediately, at a minimum he should have left her. Let her stew in her own juices for a while. Let her really sleep in the big lonely bed for a time. Let her ramble around in their house with all of the happy memories of their time together. All the while, keeping tabs on her to see if she just runs back to the other guy or someone else.

Perhaps after some time passes and a lot of begging on her part, he could listen to her tell him that having given it more thought, she realizes what she did was horribly wrong. That she had never done it before and that she would never do it again. That she would do anything for him to make it up to him and that he could take whatever steps he felt were necessary to rebuild his trust in her. Then and only then should he consider staying with her.

His answer was to suggest separate beds. That is pretty lame.

count2threecount2threeabout 12 years ago
She didn't even understand what she did wrong.

After that there is nothing left to talk about and his talking to her to MAKE HER FEEL GUILTY was JUST PATHETIC.

Its bad enough if the woman comes clean and begs for forgiveness but this begging her to please feel guilty is just to much. He should just go to the other guy and suck his cock because thats what he is: fucking pathetic.

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 11 years ago
Good writing

but no ending. That's like a movie that your watching on TV and then 5 minutes before the end they break in with a weather bulletin and never show the ending.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
Certainly worked

This has been a very successful 'predicament scenario' in terms of 'resolution stories' which have been generated! The base of the predicament is clearly established, and the confrontation was established with dignity and moderation, without eliminating the potential for continuations which could escalate to extreme vengeance or reconciliations which could result in 3somes (well...maybe not quite!)

5* (no explicit sex, but a LOT of implicit eroticism!)

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 11 years ago
Shoot

the bitch and plead insanity.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
No ending?

Story was rolling along nicely and you didn't finish it? I'm thinking that's kind of chickening out. What, you couldn't figure out how to end it? You couldn't find the words in your head? Asking others to finish your work is dumb. BAH!

crazycujocrazycujoalmost 11 years ago
huh?

A story this well written deserves an ending. No vote from me.

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
lame

Terrible story with no ending. Harry in Va called Troubador over rated. If this is the quality oh his work Harry is right.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
much to little for a cheating whore wife

cheating, lying, self centered, adulterer all without doubt

this was a job related affair done for business reasons and partially at least on company ttime, hmm, definately a company whore.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Yeah, troubador is definitely over rated.

Not much of an author as shown by this sorry tale.

chytownchytownalmost 11 years ago
Good Read****

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Freudian slip

Did you mean "nom de plume" in the end note, or were thinking of anonymous commenters?

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loved it

My second time through. I enjoy this in addition to all the alt endings on this site. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Can't believe readers rated this high.

Must being read by wimp lovers. As an author, Troubador is grossly over rated.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Damn

How 'bout that. An honest to goodness cheating whore wife. And she says it didn't mean anything. Divorce that cunt and destroy her lover.

Fuck

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
Taking you to task

Because of FTDS, and his sophomoric attempts to write an ending to this which appeals to young boys with magnifying glasses and ant hills, I went browsing the various endings to this open ended story.

I have not read them all, but one of the comments made by the Troubadour set my teeth on edge.

He took E.Z. Riter to task for pushing Susan from 'possible cheating wife' into 'definite cheating wife'.

Well, no, YOU Troubadour did that with your own story! She never stated she DIDN'T cheat on her husband, while given AMPLE opportunity. Instead, her arguments (as a trained legal mind) is that her activities were IRRELEVANT to the marriage.

You did not like her being portrayed as a cheating slut. Well...maybe you should have prefaced in your calls for further endings that you were only looking for stories exonerating her. DoctorWyldCard took a stab at that...and it was a very unsatisfying tale specifically BECAUSE it contradicted so many Troubadour established facts.

That and his scene transitions verily sucked.

As portrayed, she cheated. Sorry, own your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
No doubt..

A premeditated whore..

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
When did FD45 become a whining piece of shit?

Pissing and moaning about other, better authors, while writing weak comments. Get a grip man. You used to be able to write. You might try doing that again. You're starting to sound like Matt Moreau's mouthpiece.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
cantbuy is a cocksmoking whiny jelly bitch

Don't get confused fucktard, FD45 knows how to write and if he's any good, cantbuyabrain still believes in the smoke his mommy blew up his ass.

FTDS is an insecure little bitch with no imagination or writing skill, picture huecuck minus the original thought.

How can you tell if an author is a whiny, insecure jelly little bitch? He turned off voting.

Mustang88LXMustang88LXover 10 years ago
I agree with FD45

And as far as her being an intelligent, caring & feeling individual. Not even close. It was very clear that she did not care or respect her husband and is a very selfish arrogant bitch. However, her husband acts like a weak little coward with the "I still love you" statement. For those who have at least half a brain, there is no way a spouse could still love their mate after not only the betrayal of cheating, but the cold meaningless excuse used for it. That clearly shows that they have no values or honor. And if that is her idea of love, Fuck! get as far away from that evil heartless person as you can. Oh and two wrongs might not make a right, but it sure can make the betrayed feel better.

JounarJounarover 10 years ago
to high a price

is the perfect ending for this story.

http://www.literotica.com/s/too-high-a-price

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Read it again, Enough of this torturous shit!

No kids, no problem! No marriage! Move on, she doesn't love you. This is a very simple equation. They do not have kids, so there are no innocents to be harmed by a broken home (Thank God!) She fucked another guy, behind her husbands back (not that I agree with extramarital fucking in any case, it is for losers) She constructed an elaborate deception, she lied multiple times, she fornicated with another man and quite possible she did some of this in part for money! So, by her actions she has said that she does not love, respect or even really like her husband! It is only his egotistical denial that allows him to believe otherwise. Grown the fuck up and put on your big boy boots and walk the fuck out of there!

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 10 years ago
I read a lot. I hate unfinished stories.

I have read about ten of this author's stories. Another unfinished one or another one where the husband is all reasonable and "let's work through it because I love you", will be the last one of yours that I read, Troubador. I know it will not cost you anything but I wanted you to know that you have been downgraded. It looks as though I am not the only one offended by unfinished or milque-toast stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
bitch

ilovedstorycouldnotcontrolreragewouldkillallthathurtme

rightbankrightbankover 10 years ago
I do NOT like the ambiguity with which you set us and them up.

you have deliberately created a mess of epic proportions. Now you expect others to either propagate or resolve your own conundrum.

I encountered people like you in junior high, They gleefully created the scene and walked away from the ensuing drama leaving others to clean up their stench.

Shame on you!

I hope you drown in your own cesspool of depravity.

Tim413413Tim413413almost 10 years ago
For

most of the story, I imagined what I (as the hero) would do next and the author wrote the next scene that way. But that changed. I would have favored no confrontation, especially one as emotionless as this one was. I would have preferred he change the locks or move out. Leaving, of course, the dishes in the sink, bed unmade, etc.

Why did the receptionist know what was going on? Or was Vernon simply imagining the rcpt's behavior?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Loved it , well crafted , beautifully written ,

will spend the time reading the various endings to this that pple have written.

i don't understand the negative comments ,

right at the start the author lays out honestly what you are going to get from this short pce .

i also don't get the comments about lack of emotions .

his shock /sense of betrayl / anguish & pain are palpable & laid bare in the most raw of terms .

where this story stops he is still reeling , still stunned , dazed , at war with his disbelief & totaly lost.

these type of storys are best read slowly , sometimes if its short read it twice.

dive into them ,be submerged & absorbed to truly get the full impact .

xxxhugsxxx

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Thanks?

The way you thank someone for helping out at work, is you buy them a gift certificate, or a desk set, or invite them to dinner.

You don't FUCK them!

And I wonder how much of a problem there really was, or did he create a problem so that he could "fix" it.

ErotFanErotFanover 9 years ago
As you say, an introductory Chapter...

Very well crafted. I will have to sample more of your offerings.

I agree with KarenE re response to assistance at work. Wife has serious problems beyond what is alluded to here. Apparently the proffered/promised partnership offer figured into the decision.

Positioning Early as a troubleshooter/negotiator COULD explain his reaction to the affair. However, I find it somewhat incongruent that he would repeatedly drive by the scene of the crime, as it were, and then be so willing to try and make a go of it later. He'd already found out all he needed when he found her car. I think he would have politely knocked on the door and told her to return home. He had to have SOME testosterone flowing in his body. Letting it continue would only exacerbate the situation and make future negotiations more difficult.

The fact that there are so many "endings" hints at a number things: How difficult it is to come up with a new story line. Recognizing a good intro to an open-ended story. How many writere good and bad can't resist bringing things to conclusion.

I will explore some of the "endings."

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
Why?

If it wasn't anything to concern the wife, and she kept insisting that it had nothing to do with hubby, essentially non of his business, and that she still loved hubby but the other guy had earned the reward, what did hubby earn. A slut, a lot of disrespect and an arrogant bitch wife. Why in the world would he even think about staying with the stupid woman? After her little tryst she was just so much damaged goods. Dumb pussy.

No wonder everybody in the world tried their hand at finishing this story. I kind of liked the idea that this author didn't finish it. Don't think I could have stood it.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
And Another Thing

If it was nothing, if Stickner DESERVED it, why hide it?

Why not tell her husband, "John Stickner bailed my ass out, and to thank him I'm gonna let him fuck me for a couple of nights?"

Why not? Because she KNOWS it was WRONG!

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 9 years ago
I agree with Karen E.

Here is the way I would handle it. Divorce the slut wife, sue Stickner and the company they work for. Try to find a faithful woman. I did not see any mention of kids and he should start over. Immediately! Do not whine and whimper "How can we fix this up? How can I regain my trust in you?" If he does not get rid of this slut now he will never get right again. And, you might want to beat the crap out of one or both of them, too, or at least give it a thought.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Early (fag name) getting his fruits sundried. wilty dick cucky.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Is that a story?

I guess the author started it with full intention to leave it hanging so that competent writers like FTDS take over to bring it to a satisfactory conclusion. No marks to the T.

Tootight1Tootight1over 9 years ago
good story

leaving the ending open, does lead to some thought. are some men and women stupid,,yes. do they make major mistakes,, yes. it seems you left out some of the meat in this story on purpose, but still works.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Crappy story!

Go 'ole spineless wimp story. Some other authors finished it the way it should of finished. Troubador, pretty pathetic tale.

MartyMBMartyMBalmost 9 years ago
I liked the story

Early loves Susan and desperately needs to know what she thinks about all of the vows they took. As the reader, I need to know what Stickler did to deserve Susan for two nights. That would at least allow me to decide if Susan really did need to return the favor.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Truly a one-star bullshit tale,

Could only have been written by a wimp cuckold loving person.

ohyessssssohyessssssalmost 9 years ago
adios slut

You better call John Stickney back, because you sure as hell won't be staying here tonight. By the way, everyone in your office was aware of what was going on. I intend to sue. If you happen to lose your job ,you can give your sorry ass reason to the powers that be and see if they believe your bullshit any more than I do. Have a shitty rest of your life.

jaycoxjaycoxalmost 9 years ago
awful

Did not have the intellectual capacity to tell the story. What a waste of time.

fifteen16fifteen16over 8 years ago
Sad

Sad story, I do not like stories without an ending but to be fair to the author he did warn the reader, giving us the choice to read or not then invites others to continue,. cannot ask for more than that. Very good start.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Agree and disagree...

...I don't agree that the author is deficient in the way the story was handled. I disagree that there is an infinate number of ways that this could end nor do I agree that there is an infinate number of ways this could have transpired. There is no existing reason for it to have transpired in the way the author detailed it (none that I am aware of or could fathom). I harbor the same exact incredulity that the main character does. I also come to the same conclusions that he does (other than to harbor an inclination to try and save what is obviously lost forever). It may be the fact that I have never been married that allows me to think what I do but it would simply never enter my mind to try and salvage what to me would have felt like a farce anyway.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 8 years ago
Huh

I don't get it, why in the world with the explanation he got from his wife would he even consider sticking around?

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Only Stars

I know you said it wasn't complete, but I can't in good conscience give more than 3 stars to an unfinished story, ESPECIALLY where it was DELIBERATELY left unfinished!

Other thoughts:

“They are highly intelligent, caring and feeling individuals.” – I don’t think so, especially the “highly intelligent” part!

As far as voting goes, why should only those entertained vote? That’s why there are low marks, for those who DIDN’T like the story!

He should have confronted her right then and there on that first call. When she said she was home, he should have said, “Well, I’M home, and YOU’RE not, so where the fuck are you?”

“What was wrong? What more did she need? Could he provide it? What could he do to correct it?” – Who cares at this point? She didn’t come to HIM with anything wrong, or any need she had, and instead CHEATED on him! There is nothing he can or should provide and/or correct!

As KarenE said, you thank a co-worker for their help with a gift certificate, or a dinner or something, and if it wasn’t wrong, why did she lie about it?

IronDragonIronDragonabout 8 years ago
The ONLY way

A dream sequence would be the only way to get an ending where Wifey didn't cheat.. Yep, that's it. Good tale, but man, that would be an impossible task without the good ol' "It was just a really bad dream" copout.

patilliepatillieabout 8 years ago
Very good setup, but it is only a start

you not finishing it detracts from the score, it is clearly a 4 star introduction of the dramatic tensiion, but no resolution. Beginnings are the easiest part to write. The conclusion is the hardest, you chickened out.

What are Susan's true thoughts? Why did she do this? What happened to them down the road?

I give you credit for writing a provactive enough intro to generate some 11 or 12 endings by other author's, most of whom are quite good.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 8 years ago
Damn

Stupid cheating cunt. Could use a great BTB sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Too bad it's unfinished

How would you feel, while watching a CSI show on TV, about halfway through with a dead body on the table they stop the show and tell you to figure out for yourself what happens in the next half hour and how the show will end? Unfinished stories are just that, unfinished. Unfinished stories rate a 1* every time. The story starts out good and the writing is easy to follow but, come on, not finishing the story means you just couldn't figure out what to do or is just laziness. Too bad. I liked how it was going.

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17about 8 years ago
What You Wrote Was Very Good

Is there a reason you write so many stories with no ending, a poor ending, or a rushed ending? I will give you credit, though. You did warn us, didn't you?

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago
Third time through...

Still love it. Still five stars. Still a favorite. This is a certain top ten story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
3rd Time Through.............

Still no ending......well duh!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
All women

Are either sluts or whores.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

get tired of find a wimp at the end. The heading of these stories should say if the guy is a wimp or cuck.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Stupidest thing I have read yet. And that is saying a lot.

To set up this complete pussy with a sociopathic whore and then deliberately not end it and THEN request everyone send you the ending.

I almost choked laughing at the idiocy.

Dick move, author. Dick move

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
Mission Accomplished (I think)

I have come to believe, by submitting this kernel of a social drama, it was the intention of the Troubador to stir things up and see what would happen. Somewhere Troubador is sitting in a quiet room smiling and chuckling at the responses.

If you do a story search on

How High a Price

you will find multiple attempts by several authors to take up the unresolved storyline and offer alternative endings.

imho some of the endings are pretty good, some are fairly lame, and a couple are quite creative and entertaining. So, rather than go away frustrated or angry, take the time to see what is on offer, you might just find one you like.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Had some promise...

This story had some real promise but you just left it there like a turd....sorry got to rate it a "1"

ErotFanErotFanover 7 years ago
Judging by the title...

... it would appear that TT was issuing a challenge to the other authors. Certanly ending the vignette where he did in no way addresses 'How High a Price' this act was extract from the relationship. (I use the word 'relationship' here for the simple reason that the 'marriage,' i.e., social contract, has been agrogatted.)

Maybe TT wanted to start his own contest? I appreciate the effort for I'm sure we the readers will be entertained with interesting alternate 'payouts.'

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
another unfinished story...ugh!

Started out pretty good. Well written, good story line... all the makings of a good read except for one of the essential ingredients of a good story,.... AN ENDING YOU IDIOT!!!! It was a "4-5" but if you don't finish the dam story it's not even worth the "1" I'm forced to give it. You waste our time.

RFM

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous