How I Became Emperor Ch. 10: Summer

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I grasped a little harder, desperate to elicit from my Professor a reaction commensurate to my own at the tender caress of her fingers. She smiled knowingly at me and continued her argumentation emotionlessly. "Thus, defining self-determination in such a manner as to make it dependent on external influences removes agency. No doubt external forces and real-politik will always influence the decision making. But if we accept that as read, then the right for self-determination, and the locus of its agency still remains to be defined. And that will still always be with the leadership of the group looking for their self-determination.

"A bad example is the German support for Lenin's revolution in Tsarist Russia. A good example would be US support for the forces of the Arab Spring. In both case studies the supporting nations have ulterior motives, but the leadership for both are still constituted of nationals of the regions in question."

Professor Lex smiled at me. "I want you to... Oh, wait." She bit her lip. "I forgot. I need to skip a round. Too bad." She sighed dramatically but with enough of a wistful undertone to make me know she really did miss making a request.

"Everything is degrees of separation." I dismissed. "Where a line is drawn arbitrarily by scholars or society on any topic gives that subject meaning, I can't dispute that, but what I can and do dispute is that once these lines are set they are immovable.

"Indeed, quite the contrary. Without constantly shifting lines, and redefined borders, society just simply cannot develop. In more conservative times of history what we are doing right now would be beyond scandalous. I'd probably hang or be beheaded for it. In other, more liberal times of history what we do now would not even be noteworthy."

My Professor batted her eyelashes at me playfully but also nodded curtly in acknowledgment of my point - both an encouragement to return to the more salient central topic of discussion, and a recognition of my subtextual question of whether we were slowly reaching a line between us now that we should not cross. I continued with her encouragement: "My point is that we always need to look at things in both the historical context in which they occurred, and in the modern context.

"I think historically there was greater locus for independence movements to be funded, supported, and led from within the ranks that made up the movement itself. But even then foreign agents would be there, ready to pounce on opportunity and willing to help rebels.

"In our modern day, where we started this discussion, there is no recourse to such internal loci any longer. The speed of communication and the proliferation of the capacity and freedom to communicate via phones and the internet are such that the ideals of the nationalistic border are crumbling. You still find the movements for a nationalistic independence, mostly in former colonial nations that believe nation states are still the major guiding force of our world. But even there the technically versed youth are already forming bonds not on nationalistic bases, but groups based on interest, ideology, economic wealth, opportunity and just dumb luck of the draw.

"The modern independence movements are still supported, endorsed and funded by outside interests - more so than ever before. The future movements for self-determination will not be anti-government, but about the regulation of specific interests, especially those relying on communication. And those will be facilitated, guided and supported by persons with a vested interest in the outcome, but not part of the group. By the administrators and operators of Reddit, 4Chan, Skype, Twitter, Facebook and the like. People that like to see their product being used regardless of the use. People that will form the ideas of their readers and listeners, but won't actually make or be part of the call to action. In other words, the line has moved. Independence movements are no longer mainly geographic. They are now more about a niche idea, or a shared belief, or expected rights."

I paused and clenched her warm tits harder than I had so far, holding them clenched enough for her to whimper slightly. Then I let them slip slowly from my grasp until I held only the areolas between my pinched fingers through the bra.

"You know,..." I suggested slowly, wondering whether I dared even make the suggestion. "If you didn't need to use your mouth to speak to me in rebuttal, I might ask you to use it in a different way..."

I let the suggestion hang in the air. Professor Lex arched her eyebrow. "Yes... I can see how that would be a problem. I tell you what..." She hesitated, probably realising that if she were to open this door there would be no turning back. But with a heavy breath that pressed her breasts into my hands, she continued, "in the event that either of us make a request that would make it impossible to speak while fulfilling it, we need to complete it at the next opportunity after our rebuttal."

I nodded in assent then flashed my most evil grin at my Professor. "Then I request that you give me a hickey."

"Uh.... Strange request but ok... Any particular place?" My Professor looked a bit confused, so I explained.

"I'm going to need it as proof. My girlfriend is never going to believe this unless I can show her some marks on my body."

"You're going to tell your girlfriend?" Professor Lex asked, a little shocked.

"Sure. She's given me permission to do what I like with anyone else, so long as I promise to tell her afterwards." I shrugged, "It's a very open relationship."

"Uh... ok then."

"If that's a problem for you we can stop right here and pretend nothing has happened." I offered, praying silently that we could continue.

My Professor's hand slowed just slightly over my underwear but she shook her head. "No, I-" she stopped abruptly, then shook her head and allowed on, "I just sometimes wish I could know someone like that. I just broke up with a boyfriend two weeks ago who turned out to be as possessive a jerk as all my other previous boyfriends combined. It's refreshing to hear that people are making an alternative work."

The Professor put on a chipper smile again, banishing the dark thoughts, and I rewarded myself on the small victory to keep going by subtly using my hips to grind against her fingers.

"So, I'll respond then give you the hickey, ok?" Professor Lex asked. I nodded.

"Right, let me remember where we left off. Your point was well made about historical context, less well defined on the increased communication reducing the capacity for a self-determination movement to be solely constituted internally. Then as I remember it you made a crazy left turn into identifying self-determination as no longer a nationalistic impetus. Is that all correct?"

I nodded. "Although I wasn't saying nationalism is no longer a basis for a movement on the right to self-govern, just that increasingly we will see non-nationalistic movements vying for self-governance."

"Very well," Professor Lex accepted. "But you still haven't substantiated the claim, just named the medium from which you expect it will come. And I would argue that actually nationalistic movements are on the rise. Swings to the political right are sweeping the world, in Germany, the UK, France, the US, and Russia for example.

"Look at the resurgence of supposedly already settled debates in the US on race, gender, even religion, and how they are being used to define membership as a citizen. In Europe, note the rise of 'acceptable' right wing forces in France and Germany and the UK. Granted, none yet truly have a large share of popular votes... These are all nationalistic movements, not amorphous other groupings."

She smiled up at me. "Where do you want the hickey?"

"Your choice," I smiled back, "But you now have a request again as well."

Her smile broadened at the reminder. "Good!" she heaved a deep sexual-tension laden breath. "Take it all off."

Apprehension was clear in her voice. I couldn't help letting out a low chuckle. I dismounted, and hooked my thumbs into my batman underpants, but hesitated. Turning around, I looked back across my shoulder in the classic model/pornstar look, before elaborately bending over to present Professor Lex with a magnificent view of my ass as I pulled down the underpants.

My Professor didn't miss a beat and leaned forward to give both my butt-cheeks a slap as she wolf whistled. I turned around again, and shut her up easily as she got her first look at my magnificent penis, twitching as lascivious thoughts pulled the blood from my brain to my pecker. Under her breath Professor Lex let out an involuntary: "Nice!"

That dangerously stoked my ego.

I did my best to continue to present her with a wonderful view as I crawled back over her. Straddling her hips once more, I raised my hands to either side. "Your canvas." I offered.

My Professor chose my right breast for her assault, it seemed the most natural location for it. As she pressed her lips softly to my skin, she didn't immediately begin to create the succulent bruise, instead fluttering her lips in a gentle dance of kisses. It was titillating to say the least. I tried to focus.

"You are right," I managed to gasp, as my Professor let her hands idly caress in slow sweeping motions lower and lower. "I haven't substantiated the claim, and your assertion of right wing nationalistic forces is also not wrong, though again I think them a fleeting and temporary thing.

"But look at the apathy of the people these days. Where in the past much lesser provocation could easily lead to strikes, protests or other forms of civil action against the legislative acts or powers of a government - reference the coal mines strikes in the UK, the may day labour protests around the world, or any countless other examples - instead protests these days are paltry proceedings, barely garnering the attention of the press unless they are sensational.

"For examples, look at what protests have recently been a matter of debate in the US press. Black Lives Matter, Fergusson, George Floyd. They have the strength, the numbers and the passion of the old civil rights marches. But the Fridays for Future was barely a footnote. Anti-war protests that used to be massive proceedings are now a couple hundred people at best, despite support for the war in Afghanistan being lower than the Vietnam or Korean wars ever were. Even the Wall-Street protests came and went in a single season, and are all but forgotten now.

"And I blame social media for this. Twitter, Instagram, Flickr or even Facebook, they all provide the user an immediate outlet and direct gratification from commentary and retweets. We don't see the echochamber and the seclusion they bring because of the illusion of relevance and audience that they have. The modern protestor is enraged by something, spends 10 minutes writing a post or tweet about it, and then gets on with their lives thinking they have done their part.

"The suffragette movement these days wouldn't stand a chance. Nor would an anti-monarchists or even communist strike. We're all too cowed by our illusion of relevance."

My Professor let up on the suction as it became clear I had finished my part. I had a lovely hickey just below my nipple to show off to Cindy later. Surprisingly I didn't even really feel any pain. Just a slight heightening of awareness in the region.

"I think your girlfriend won't be able to miss that." Professor Lex determined while admiring her handiwork. "Do you have another request?"

I didn't directly have an answer to that question. Casting about for something I could request I did notice that my Professor still had on her Pants and bra. That, in light of my own nakedness, I could not let stand. "Strip." I commanded. "Slowly." I added as an afterthought.

She complied, wriggling out from underneath me. As she stood, she began her rebuttal. As she wiggled out of the jeans.

"I don't really disagree with the general direction of your argument. Apathy has been increased through the rise of social media." With her back to me, Professor Lex began to sway to an imagined melody, captivating my eyes on her hips. "Though I do think that such basic things as human rights, be they voting rights or equality under the law and in society, would still have sparked enough activity to be successful these days."

As the jeans hit the floor and she stepped out of them, she reached both hands behind her to unclasp the bra. "You may even be right to say that social media has narrowed our blinders and made us more segregated as a society than ever before. But, I would contend that this has increased our willingness to defend certain aspects we consider vital as individuals, not less." She let the straps of the bra roll off her shoulders and down her arms, but kept the cups firmly on her breasts as she turned around again and came right to the edge of the bed.

"More specialized interests have been raised from the public domain than any time in history, and that across countries. The green or environmentalist movement is a prime example of this, starting as a groundswell in Europe and the US following some disastrous policies and an increasing reduction in industry free land." Leaning over to put her breasts as close to my face as possible, Professor Lex removed the cups and threw the bra to the side, leaving my eyes and mouth only centimeters from her mammaries. They were pendulous.

"Other special interests are also making themselves heard more vociferously through social media. Increasing attention to human rights, gender pay-gaps, even net-neutrality, they all could not be realised without the ability of a populace to dynamically coordinate and rally to their various causes." Professor Lex turned away from me again, and resuming the sway of her hips once more hooked her thumbs under her panties.

She bent at the waist to drop her last shred of decency-protecting fabric to the floor as she said: "Reddit, 4Chan, and all of the various forums do specialise people, but don't immunise them from involvement at particularly of activity when their particular interests are threatened."

As she slipped the underwear from her legs I asked "Where did you learn to do that?"

She gave me a piercing look, then decided to trust me. We were both naked after all, so it wasn't going to be a major leap of faith. "I put myself through my PhD studies by stripping at a club for three years. I went by the name 'Lust'. Don't tell anyone, please. It's not something I want to be generally known." I nod solemnly, but also hoped that I would someday get to see my Professor strut on stage.

With her panties in hand, my Professor did a final pirouette, ending facing me, and without hesitation leaned forward to idly wrap the cotton around my stiff penis, giving it some small tugs as she did so. "My turn to request." She purred quietly into my ear, still lightly cradling my now panty-enveloped pecker. "Mmmmmh."

Suddenly lightning quick, she whipped away the panties, mounted the bed, straddled me, and slowly lowered herself down so that her sex and mine touched lightly. As she continued to settle her weight, my penis became nestled lengthwise between her folds, those already lightly coated with a sheen. "Kiss me." She demanded, and not waiting for the request to register with my brain proceeded to press her lips on mine.

We kissed, in a naked embrace, hands roaming freely across each other's skin. When we parted, both panting lightly, my Professor looked me deep in the eyes. "Your turn." She said, then leaned in again to nibble at my ear.

"Uh..." I remember being my only initial response, but my Professor kindly reminded me a second time, and I somehow managed to rally my faculties. "I'll give you the organisational capacity of social media for fringe political policies, though I don't think these policies are really that far-flung to begin with.

"Some specifically american issues, like the second amendment arguments, abortion laws, and the continued settling of the mid-west, can also be seen as symptomatic of the same special interest groups vying desperately for their share of power. But notice that these same arguments are not active within the only comparable regions of the world to the USA: Europe, China, India.

"For some reason these other countries have generally either already settled these arguments, or the same special interests do not exist here - meaning that these examples are regional and cultural disputes. The political movements that you mentioned: gender pay-gap, environmentalism and... I can't think of the others while you're shifting like that... uh... Nevermind: all of these are global issues that are not isolated to the USA.

"Compare as well the historical/cultural issues in Europe: workers rights in both France and Germany; Economic determinism in Spain, the UK, and Italy; Social development and maintenance in the Scandinavian region; And adjusting away from Communism in the Eastern bloc. These are only comparable with the American cultural discussion in that they are geographically limited.

"Social media is helpful to all of these - but it should be obvious that the regional questions often trump the global ones. With the exception of the most hardcore environmentalists, most people satisfy their itch to better the world by not buying their coffee in a carton cup, making a couple of posts and likes on Facebook, and recycling.

"As admirable as most of that is, none of it will actually help one iota to save the environment. Governmental action is necessary, and people pay lip service to that paradigm but don't do anything about it - social media has simultaneously scratched the itch, and immediately distracted you from actually doing anything more."

I pulled Professor Lex into another kiss, mostly to give me an excuse to stop rambling in a direction that I'm not sure I actually believed myself. As we kissed, I used my hands on her lower back to gently guide hips to gentle circles above my wedged staff, coating it with her natural lube.

Leaning back, her eyelids fluttering, Professor Lex asked: "And your request?"

"I want to taste you." I demanded. My Professor released an involuntary giggle of excitement. She essentially clambered atop me, until I realised her intentions and let myself fall back onto the bed. Looking down at me, Professor Lex lowered her pussy down towards my lips. Thinking that I had of course demanded, and was not receiving fast enough, I grabbed her hips from behind roughly and pulled her down the final stretch to let me hungrily lap at her. Her sex looked like a flower, layers of petals radiating outwards in welcome of someone to pay attention to it.

Her moans soon floated through the air - and I'm certain she was not thinking about responding to me until I playfully reminded her by pinching her buttocks sharply - never once letting up my lapping.

"F-fine!" Professor Lex managed to stutter, "Yes, social media makes us apathetic. It gives us immediate satisfaction when a longer engagement with the subject might be needed, both for the benefit of mankind as well as that of the planet. But it also allows for immediate worldwide reaction to events giving politicians a better feel for the pulse of the people, their interests and needs. That doesn't necessarily mean that they heed those demands from the populace, just that they can perceive them more clea-ah-ah-AH-AAAAAAAAH" I managed to drive my Professor to her first orgasm of the night.

Now before any of you think that I'm some sort of demi-god for having managed to bring her to climax so quickly - I'll refer you to the extensive description of our foreplay so far. At this point, Professor Lex needed little more than the briefest bit of focused attention in order to get her off. That did not mean I didn't take some amount of pride in my achievement of cutting off her argument right at the end. I was grinning from ear to ear as her legs put my head in a crushing grip and my Professor subsequently rolled off my head.