How I Met My Husband Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

That made a lot of sense. "So, how would this work? Us living with you, that is," I asked him, rolling over to face him.

"Well," he said, slowly, "Cathy and I have our own separate rooms. Joanie and Dottie can have a bedroom, or have separate bedrooms like us. We definitely have the space."

I gave him a long, silent look. "'Joanie'? Not John?" I asked, nervously.

"Not John," he confirmed.

His words shook me. He was suggesting that I stay like this, LIVE like this, as Joanie. The idea partly excited me, partly terrified me. How could I live as Joanie, full time? If I stayed as Joanie, what would happen to John? And how could I get a job as Joanie?

He seemed to sense my thoughts. "If you haven't noticed," he said with a faint smile, "we're fairly well off. With my businesses and Cathy and Dottie's income, you could stay at home. Take care of the house or whatever. Whatever you want to do. As long as you're here, with me. Uh, I mean, us."

I didn't respond, just buried my face in his chest as conflicting emotions ran through me. We laid there like that for a long time, my mind working furiously.

Just three short weeks ago, I was an average guy with a wife, a job, and a mortgage. Now here I was laying in bed with a man who turned me on to no end, with a wife that had a lesbian lover, contemplating giving up everything...including my masculinity.

Later that day, Dottie stood in the doorway of our bedroom in our house, an apprehensive expression on her face. "What are you doing?" she asked me.

I set the box that I'd pulled from the top shelf of the closet down on the bed. "Packing," I said absently.

Even from across the room I could see tears well up in her eyes. "Why?" she asked, her lower lip trembling.

I stared at her stupidly. "Because all of our stuff isn't going to fit at Jim's house," I explained. "We're going to need to either get rid of a lot of stuff or store a lot of stuff."

The wave of relief that went through her was visible. "Oh, thank god," she said. "I thought for a minute that you were leaving me."

"Huh? No!" I said, then understanding hit me. I'd traded the blouse and skirt that I'd worn over to Jim's for an old t-shirt and shorts because I didn't want to get my Joanie clothes dirty, and had removed my make-up. I looked 100% "John", and my distraction over what we needed to get rid of could have been mistaken for anger or something like anger.

"So..." she said, a smile tugging at the corners of her mouth.

"So, yes," I said. "We're going to move in with Jim and Cathy."

She actually squealed, then ran over to me and hugged me fiercely. "Oh, John," she said excitedly, "you don't know how happy that makes me."

I felt a warm glow inside me. I loved making her happy. But, there was one thing that I needed to make clear to her.

"Joanie," I corrected.

"Huh?" she said, looking up at me.

"Jim made it clear that the invitation was for Dottie and Joanie, not Dottie and John," I explained.

"But..." she started to protest, then stopped herself.

"But what?" I prompted.

"Well, I thought that Joanie would be, you know, a part-time thing," she said.

"No," I replied. "Jim wants Joanie and, to be honest, the idea of it appeals to me."

"It does????" she asked, her eyes widening in surprise.

I nodded.

"Wow," she said, "I just thought..."

"Isn't this what you were working towards?" I interrupted, chiding her gently. "You said you thought I was a girl inside, and you were the one who pushed me towards Jim. Isn't this what you wanted?"

"Well, yes," she said, then quickly added, "and no."

I laughed. "I think this is a 'careful what you wish for' moment. You know, I think you wanted to be able to be with Cathy openly and thought that if I was sleeping with Jim, it'd make some of the guilt you were feeling about it go away...right?"

She blushed. "Yeah, I guess so," she admitted.

"Then you need to decide if it's worth giving up 'John' for Cathy," I said softly. "You brought something out in me that can't be ignored or put back away. If you want Cathy, then you get Joanie and John goes away."

"What does that mean for us? For you and me, I mean," she asked, worry in her voice.

I kissed her. "You are the love of my life, my soulmate. Nothing can change that. There'll still be an 'us', but the 'us' is going to change. I've come to terms with that. Can you?"

"Shit," she said. "I never thought YOU would be trying to convince ME." However, she said it without heat in her voice. "I meant, what does that mean for you and me, about uh..."

"Sex?" I prompted.

"Yeah."

"Well, I have no intention of cutting my dick off, if that's what you're worried about," I laughed. "I'm actually quite fond of it."

"Me, too," she smiled.

"So," I said, forcing the issue to a head, "are we doing this?"

I know things had taken an unexpected turn for her. I didn't think she expected me to WANT to be Joanie full time and it was a long, unpleasant pause before she answered. "Yeah," she finally said. "We are."

"Then give me a hand," I said, kissing her again. "We've got a lot of stuff to go through."

Jim got in touch with a realtor friend of his to rent the house out. It went quickly since it was furnished, to a young couple for slightly more than the mortgage payment. That was something Dottie and I were a bit worried about, the house staying on the market for a long time despite Jim's assurances that we could afford it if it did.

Since Dottie had to go to work, I did most of the cleaning and sorting. Jim would come by occasionally, but he was more of a hindrance than a help -- as soon as he showed up, we'd find ourselves in bed. It took about a week before I got the house down to just the furniture, erasing any remnants of Dottie and John in the house. Some stuff we moved over to Jim's house...well, our new home. Other stuff that we couldn't part with but didn't need went into a storage room that Jim had rented for us.

The rest of it was donated to charity organizations. The very last bit of it was three garbage bags of John's clothes. Since the day after we agreed to move in with Jim and Cathy, I'd never put on John clothes again. I started going out of the house more, more comfortable being Joanie, and Dottie and Cathy helped me get a new wardrobe. Despite that, there was still a bit of apprehension in letting go of the last vestiges of John.

"Goodbye, John," I murmured as I handed the garbage bags to the kid who was taking the donations. He gave me a confused look, then said, "My name is Steve, ma'am." I smiled and muttered an apology to him.

There was one last thing I needed to do, to go by the realtors office and drop off the keys to the house. Once that was done, I could go home. Home to Dottie. Home to Jim.

Epilog

I quickly settled into my new life as a housewife. Jim and Cathy had a maid that came by three times a week, but I enjoyed taking care of the house so much that when she arrived there wasn't anything for her to do. She and I would sit and talk for a while, then she'd leave. My cooking skills became better, to the point where Dottie finally admitted that I was a better cook than she was.

The first few week or so, Jim came home for lunch every day. I think he was worried that I'd change my mind at some point and want to leave. I did everything I could to convince him that I...we, to include Dottie...weren't going anywhere. I did my convincing on my knees, bent over the back of the couch, or riding him in bed...whatever got his cock inside of me again. After that, he began to believe that we wouldn't change our minds and only came home occasionally for lunch. He didn't get food, but when he left to go back to the pharmacy he was quite sated.

At the first, I split my nights between my and Dottie's room and Jim's with, surprisingly, an occasional night with Cathy. Over time, I began spending more and more nights in Jim's room. The sex was always incredible, but it slowed down some as time went on. In a year, we spent as many nights just kissing and holding each other as we did fucking.

Cathy started jokingly calling Dottie her "wife". Jim, laughingly, called me his "wife" in response. When he said it, my insides twisted up. I *FELT* like his wife. After that, I started referring to Jim as my husband. I meant it, even tho I was married to Dottie and he was married to Cathy. There was a silent agreement among the four of us, our roles had changed permanently.

Dottie reminded me that she still wanted to have a baby. Dottie and I tried, but it never happened. It took a lot of fast talking from me and Cathy to convince Jim to "do the deed" because he really wasn't interested in Dottie sexually. We wore him down until he finally agreed and a little over two years after we moved in with them, Dottie was with child. Yeah, there's a VERY remote chance that the baby is mine and not Jim's, but it didn't matter. Dottie was ecstatic about it, and her happiness was shared by everyone.

The kid's gonna have it made, with a daddy and three mommies--Mommy Dottie, Mommy Cathy and me, Mommy Joanie, to love it.

12