All Comments on 'How Impulse Buying Changed My Life'

by Alexand Morgan

Sort by:
  • 44 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Gotta stay away from those toys!

It's not what they did to him that was so bad, it's what they said about it that had to hurt. Jumping in bed with both of them might be fun, but... a price would be paid!

Nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Another story about rich people

The story was interesting but seemed a bit rushed.

Lately, it seems there are a lot of stories along the line of a husband that has been cheated and gets a divorce. Why are they always rich? Can anyone write a story about the same situation of a couple that is living in a small house, apartment or even worse? Of course, all the mechanics of ending a marriage and starting a new life are much easier when there is money.

Just a thought

Risq_001Risq_001over 18 years ago
Actually really good

This was a pretty good story. I can't agree that only poor people have problems, but for a first posting on this site this was a good story.

I like it because this is one a "Few" stories where the husband does actually really love his wife, tries everything in his power to keep her and keep their love alive, but he can't live with the cheating, and decides to get out even though it really hurts to do so.

In the story he doesn't "pine" away for her like she was the only thing keeping him alive. Some authors "Want" to show a strong man, but fail half way though the story because they don't know how to show him as strong because they still want the hero (and I use that term "loosely") to some how reconcile back with his wife. Doesn't matter that they make others involved in the story get divorced or die, the main character and the wife have to make it work regardless. Some times strength is the power to walk away and go on with your life and not look back at what could have been.

A lot of the writers here miss that point. But you did a excellent job with it. Maybe the next story will be about a middle class family? Not that it matters though, a good story is a good story regardless of who stars in it.

Keep it up. And nice writting =)

Risq_001Risq_001over 18 years ago
Actually really good

This was a pretty good story. I can't agree that only poor people have problems, but for a first posting on this site this was a good story.

I like it because this is one a "Few" stories where the husband does actually really love his wife, tries everything in his power to keep her and keep their love alive, but he can't live with the cheating, and decides to get out even though it really hurts to do so.

In the story he doesn't "pine" away for her like she was the only thing keeping him alive. Some authors "Want" to show a strong man, but fail half way though the story because they don't know how to show him as strong because they still want the hero (and I use that term "loosely") to some how reconcile back with his wife. Doesn't matter that they make others involved in the story get divorced or die, the main character and the wife have to make it work regardless. Some times strength is the power to walk away and go on with your life and not look back at what could have been.

A lot of the writers here miss that point. But you did a excellent job with it. Maybe the next story will be about a middle class family? Not that it matters though, a good story is a good story regardless of who stars in it.

Keep it up. And nice writting =)

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Huh, pretty close to my life...

In the process of a divorce with my wife who has been a lesbian for a while it seems. About the rich thing, well all I can say is that I'm well off, and I am going through this. If I was going to write about it, then I would do say as my life and I wouldn't say that I was a mechanic would I?

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
good first effort

I look forward to more of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
There is a story there somewhere

Your punctuation is horrible and there are sentences I can't figure out.

Try rereading before you send the story and get an editor.

I did like your Nuts and Bolts law firm.

Be real world, something arrives after they charge your credit card, I don't know anyone in business that waits to charge your credit card until after you get the merchandise. and on and on

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Sterling Start Author

Was it the best you could do in a first effort - you know it really doesn't matter does it - you began in a theme almost anyone could write about from an unfortunate experiance either first hand or near by.

The theme of Marital Consequence is varied by circumstance, setting and people involved - it can be erotic, detailed or frustratingly reported factually. Because so many have shared a simuliar experiance or fear it happening to them, the story raises emotions and awareness or concerns. It may also cause personal reflection to avoid or confront marital problems - to begin or accelerate better communications to help the partnership survive.

It can be a slice of life's reality as every action plus or minus generates some kind of response or consequence - a response favorable or non - particularly in a marital situation where emotion and the stakes can be high.

Welcome Author and thanks for the courage to entertain us with your thoughts - it is a learning curve but generally this is a forgiving audience if your sincerity, respect and diligence are evident in your work. Credibility for your work and you come from the evidence of attempted growth, adherance to your plot path without contortions and fairness to your players which can include each reality of life depending on their failures and length of infidelities.

Your critics are all knowing and emotional as we are all experts in this theme having been there or fear it in our own lives. Many mean well but can't control their emotions and should wait (take five) before responding commentwise - others can't understand the lack of erotic play but it simply isn't manditory or conducive to every theme or plot within that theme - that depends on the author doesn't it - their comfort and growth will expand that usage as a tool but not as the focus as it should support the story not be it's endall.

A nice start Author - have fun - avail yourself to the tools available - the how to's and editors who graciously volunteer their time and expertise if you wish to grow and have more success and respect and credibility and readership following - not everyone here is a sick puppy - it's by choice like most things in life.

with high Regard (& looking forward to your next effort!!!)

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Tightly written and excellent story!

One of the things I liked about your story was the character consistency. For example, some authors would have the wife say terrible things about the husband and then after the divorce the wife would profess their love. How phony!

The fact that Carol did not put Tom personally (he did not have a pussy) allows the reader to believe that she had fallen in love with him.

Excellent read - Thanks!

SleeplessinMD

Alexand MorganAlexand Morganover 18 years agoAuthor
Thanks

This is not my first bit of writing by the way. This is actually my latest story and I did take my time and try to develop the plot. I cannot say that I agree with the wimp husband plot but I believe that they are always three sides to every story. My side, her side and the truth. This is purely fictional by the way just my overactive imagination and frustration at the lack of options in similar storylines except to love your wife and accept them back with open arms. I am not saying that it is impossible to forgive but that sometimes circumstances and pride will never allow it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
lame

Take a writing class and then maybe try again. Punctuation and spelling were horrible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
GET A LIFE

TO LAME AND ALL THE OTHER WOULD BE PROFESSORS OF ENGLISH LITERATURE GET A LIFE OR BETTER STILL WRITE YOUR OWN F....G STORY. THIS IS NOT AN ENGLISH CLASS!!!!!!!!!.

GREAT STORY AND REALISTIC DONT LET THE WANNA BE AUTHORS PUT YOU OFF. CANT WAIT FOR MORE

gizzmo301gizzmo301over 18 years ago
Ok

Nice start, I will wait to see what you next story is like

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Great

Dont listen to the twits. This is a great story. Im sick of the pussy husband stereotype. Its nice seeing a more balanced story. Just might want to get someone to spellcheck and do punctuations and such for yourself. Keep up the good work.

taylormade1335taylormade1335about 16 years ago
Good Story

I enjoyed your story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Good story

The story was pretty straight forward but not logical. According to author , she was loving wife for years and only recently became bitch, yet she is portrayed as lesbian for years. Also don't get comment by anon sleeplessinMd who normally has cogent comments, yet says I am glad author did not have lesbian wife claim at the end that she loved him? which is exactly what author did have her say at end of story. What did I miss?

60 year old George

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
Nice story.

However, I only gave it 4****.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
HMMMMMM

Well the LEZ was right in one sense, you are dumber than a box of rocks. Here you had a tape of them trying to hang the horns on you and then screw you with a big setlement and you did not sue for Alienantion of Affection and put that "lez Lawyer " and her firm in the poor house.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

perhaps an annulment would have worked, and simplified it even more. Damage control, and out of a rotten situation.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago

Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
FTDS

This one is calling your name. We need a proper follow up on this where the lying bitch gets the reverse Midas touch: everything she touches should turn to shit, and of course a magic rebound woman for the clueless hubby.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
anon. 11/13/11 had it

He should have gone for an annulment, she misrepresented herself as a heterosexual woman for the purpose of using him for money; pretty much a textbook example of fraud.

An annulment would make it as if the marriage never existed in the legal sense, she would get nothing from him, and no waiting period like divorce has.

Then too as an officer of the court Judy would be in deep shit for knowing of a crime and not reporting it (fraud is after all a crime)

Blacksword404Blacksword404about 8 years ago
Great story

It should have been a little longer. Should have had more of the ex wife's regrets ,suffering after the divorce.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 8 years ago
Quibble!

There is NO account of any evidence as examples that they had a satisfactory marriage up until Shark Judy moved into the law practice. We-The-Readers hear one general positive platitude, then a BUNCH of Sweetie being a bitch!

Sweetie's taped admission that her preference for fish tacos antedated meeting Hubby, and that her motive for marriage was primarily financial, make Sweetie's plaintive claim at the courthouse peal with a dull thud!

The subsequent 'trouble in Paradise' information is predictable. Fuck-Buddies hit the 'highs' of life! Spouses put up with 'ALL' of life, including dirty dishes and clothes, morning breath and bed-head, leaving the car near 'Empty' and several thousand other inconveniences!

Title is kinda stretchy.

4*

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago
Over 4 rating?

Really? Somebody must be five bombing this tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Annulment due to fraud

I think that fraud and an annulment would have been the way to go. It would guarantee that he wouldn't have to split anything up. They would each just walk away with what they come in with. This is what I got from a law website:

"Annulment is another way of ending a marriage. ... Typical grounds for annulment include: bigamy, impotence, infancy, mental incompetence, incest, fraud, and duress-all impediments to lawful marriage that must have existed at the time the union was celebrated to be valid grounds."

And in the case of fraud, he would be able to sue for the money taken by her to get her degree and any other things she used his money for. That, I think, should have been the revenge angle he could have taken.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 7 years ago
Nice!

Very good short story.

Always love stories where men don't take shit from bitches.

Beautifully done in this one!

Thanks writer!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
CuckOneTwoThree is right

nice little closet cucker

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Pretty good

Pretty good story.Different, but still cheating. Dump the bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well written, but.....

These stories where the husband falls out of love so quickly stretch credulity. It’s obvious that there wasn’t much love on the part of either husband or wife in that case.

penneydog55penneydog55about 5 years ago
Please

Excuse my dirty mind!.....The last sentence... He stated that His life is in front of Him...YES..His Dick is in front of Him..So is His Hands....I really like this story...5.Stars★★★★★WOOF!

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Agin

Story even better this time through. Love the breakup, even better the Knutz and Boultz law firm. Good story.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
I liked it!

He saw the problem, but it was a simple accident that opened his eyes. Then, no questions, no debate, just clear action. It's harder to do than it sounds, but I do get it. Every cheated spouse should be so lucky.

TajfaTajfaover 4 years ago
Epilogue

Would have been good to hear how her life went down the drain and how he met a faithful woman and the family he built. They could have bumped into each other and we could find out what she felt seeing him prosper with his new family but 4 stars for a very good story.

kirei8kirei8almost 4 years ago
Good story

But the payback was very weak.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
script

Is there a script to follow on this site? Start a story ... stop the story for back story that means nothing ... and eventually get back to the story?

Your story was fine, just tired of everyone following the same routine.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

There are part of this story that makes it unbelievable. Like how she says she fell for him even though she was a lesbian and never showed him proper love or affection. Or how a supposedly close lesbian couple break up just because the mc wants them to

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

The interesting, well-conceived plot got totally derailed by the distracting backstory. The only backstory a reader needs to read concerns anything germane to the present plot, conflict and action. Everything else is irrelevant. To wit, I skimmed your backstory and the story was very good without it. Great story, otherwise. 5/5!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He was too nice to her and birch (j)udy A wimp!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Why is it that so many writers on here feel the need for the husband to be a Seal, Green Beret or ninja warrior; or a construction worker with bulging muscles; or becoming extremely wealthy from a lawsuit or a lottery. The story could have been written a lot more realistic without him being rich. Let's get real .

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Not worth writing

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Very, very bad!

RuttweilerRuttweiler9 months ago
Pointless

Not good enough to bother with. Sort of a “third grade reading level” version of an LW tale.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Not bad. But, the ending needed to be fleshed out more. Don't know why authors insist on giving extended background on the couple. In this case, unless she was having a lesbian relationship prior to the marriage. There's no point and adds little, to nothing to the story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous