How It Began

Story Info
Layla finds her first girlfriend in LeeAnne.
9.6k words
4.85
6.9k
9

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 03/05/2024
Created 02/25/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

***All characters depicted in this story are over 18 years of age.***

Growing up in a two-traffic light town made any sort of experimentation next to impossible. For years, I grappled with my growing attraction to other girls. I had only dated guys, so my experience was quite limited though it wasn't for a lack of desire to explore with other women. It was the summer before college, when I, 18, and my best friend, 19, kissed for the first time and things rapidly progressed over the course of a week before we slept together. Neither of us knew what we were doing, and we were both very tentative and shy. That said, it was my first girl on girl experience and confirmed my desire to pursue my sexual exploration further.

In August 1998, I moved to Nashville for college to study music and pursue a singing career. I was eagerly anticipating my freedom from my small-town life in Western Pennsylvania. My hope was that moving into the city would allow me to explore my sexuality more. Little did I know that my exploration would happen faster than I expected and would change my life in so many ways.

When I moved into my dorm on a hot August day, the first person I met in my new home would be the girl who would lead me on my journey. Her name was LeeAnne. She was a junior at the school and a music business major. LeeAnne was about 5'10", slender with nice breasts, long dark brown hair and a tan that made her look like a goddess. Simply put, she was stunning. LeeAnne was the epitome of a college RA. Her bubbly personality lit up the room, as she greeted all the new girls moving into the dorm.

"Welcome to school!" LeeAnne announced as she approached me with my parents in tow. "I'm LeeAnne; I'm an RA on the 3rd floor. What's your name?"

"I'm Layla Thomas," I replied taking her extended hand.

"Nice to meet you, Layla! Let's see what floor you're on and I'll help you get moved in." she replied as she checked her list. "Oh! You're with me on the 3rd floor and, you're right across the hall from me!"

"Awesome!" I replied genuinely. LeeAnne seemed like she would be a great RA and hopefully a friend.

LeeAnne showed us to my room and promised to check in on me later. My parents helped me unpack and get settled in before leaving for the 10-hour drive home. Soon after they left, my new roommate arrived with her parents. Carrie was not at all what I was expecting or hoping for in my first roomie. Unfortunately, it quickly became apparent that we were total opposites personality wise and the potential for conflict was very real.

**********

LeeAnne came around the next day to check in on all her new freshman. After meeting Carrie for the first time, her face showed what I had already realized...that this was going to be a very long year in our room.

"Layla, did you want to walk over to the practice building and I can introduce you to some accompanists?" LeeAnne asked.

"Yes! That would be great, I need to find someone before classes start. Thank you!"

LeeAnne and I headed across campus to the practice room building. As we walked, LeeAnne gave me all the insight about living on campus, the best places to eat, who threw the best parties, etc. She was such an engaging person, very animated and funny. Her laugh was infectious and by the time we made it to the practice building, we were fast friends.

"Some friends of mine and I are going out Saturday night. You should come with us! We can show you downtown and the best places to go." LeeAnne invited me.

"Count me in, that sounds fantastic," I agreed. I was excited to be making friends immediately, especially after the roommate fiasco. The remainder of the week went by quickly despite the roommate situation.

Generally, Carrie and I both found ways to avoid being in the room together unless it was time to sleep. It wasn't that she was a bad person; we were just polar opposites and had zero common ground. Carrie wore leather all the time and didn't believe in personal hygiene, which was problematic under normal circumstances. Our circumstance was Nashville in August with her wearing leather and her being a bigger girl. She was also very introverted, chose not to engage with people and generally was an unhappy person. In truth, I felt sorry for her. She didn't want to be at school but was forced by her parents. It was a rough situation.

As for me, I guess you could say that I settled into college life with ease. I made friends quickly and was out socializing before the end of the first week. I think being a music major helped because overall, we tend to be an outgoing group, especially those of us who thrive on stage. I tend to be a social person and I am a shameless flirt. I'd like to think my outgoing, sunny personality allowed me to make friends quickly but I also know my looks played a big part, especially with the guys. I mean, it's college. For most, it's the first time living on their own and being young adults, the level of general horniness is pretty damn high all the time. I'm about 5'1", about 125lbs, 34DD's and an ample curvy ass to match. I have long wavy auburn hair, green eyes with fair freckled skin. I'm more the "girl next door" type than the bombshell that LeeAnne was but the guys seemed to like me quite a bit.

**********

Saturday arrived and I was very excited about going out that night with LeeAnne with her friends. I hadn't seen much of her that week because she was so busy getting everyone moved in and helping her charges get settled. I was a bit nervous that maybe she had forgotten her invitation to me earlier in the week but when she stopped by my room that afternoon to confirm her plans, it was clear that she had not forgotten me at all.

"God this week has been nuts and I'm so sorry I haven't been back to check in on you and talk about tonight," LeeAnne said as she came in my room. "Oh, this is so cute! You've done a great job getting settled in and decorating!"

"Oh thanks! Figured it's better to get it done before classes start," I replied.

LeeAnne plopped down on my bed making herself at home amongst the pile of pillows, while I perched on the edge of my desk.

"So, tonight, we are going bar hopping downtown. I know you're only 18 but we shouldn't have any issues getting you in. Are you still up for going? One bar has karaoke, and another usually has local live acts that are pretty good."

"Absolutely! It sounds like a fun night to me. What do you usually wear?" I inquired. I wanted to make sure I fit in with her and her friends.

"Hmmm...I'll probably wear a sundress since it's so damn hot. But you wear what you're comfortable in."

I walked over to my closet and pulled out a few sundresses to show her. Two were short and one was long.

"Which one would be best?" I asked her.

LeeAnne jumped off the bed and perused the offered choices, holding them up to my small frame.

Giggling she said, "Girl, you're so tiny! My ass would be hanging out the back of these!" as she held up the one short dress to her tall, beautiful body.

"This one. It looks great with your hair and skin," she said as she handed the dresses back to me. "I've got some stuff to take care of before tonight, but I'll come get you around 8. Make sure you eat dinner before we leave."

We said goodbye after I thanked her for inviting me again and for helping me pick an outfit. I spent the afternoon getting my things ready for start of classes on Monday, went to the cafeteria to eat dinner and then came back to get ready for my night out.

**********

Carrie rolled her eyes when LeeAnne showed up just before 8 to get me.

"Pretty lame going out with the RA," Carrie smirked to herself.

I ignored her snarky comment and opened the door. I was totally unprepared for what I saw. LeeAnne was nothing short of model material. She had on a short skirt with a cropped halter top. The aqua color set off her beautifully tanned skin, and the outfit itself highlighted every beautiful curve of her lithe sexy body. She truly was stunning and had the personality to match. I was seriously crushing on her. It hadn't hit me until I opened that door. But once I realized it, I knew I was a goner.

LeeAnne's eyes widened a bit when I opened the door.

"Whoa, sexy girl! How many guys are you planning to pick up tonight?" she gasped.

"I just want to go dance and have fun; I'll worry about the picking up later," I chuckled in response.

"Spin for me!" she demanded making a twirling motion with her hand.

Obliging her, I did a quick little twirl that caused my short sundress to flare out a bit, exposing even more of my creamy thighs. When I turned back to face her, I saw a new look on her face. It was more than just a friendly "oh you look fabulous" look. It was an "I like what I see" look. Interesting.

My dress was super cute. It was short, black with sunflowers, and had tiny straps. I had left my long hair loose and wavy and had on flat sandals. I had on little makeup, as I don't usually wear it.

"You are going to make lots of friends tonight," she remarked with a grin. "Let's go!"

**********

We made it downtown to the bar and met up with LeeAnne's friends. There were 5 or 6 of them, a mix of guys and girls. All friendly and happy to have someone new in their group. They asked me how I was liking school so far, where I was from, what was my major. All the important stuff. One of the guys, Thomas, went to the bar and ordered a round of drinks. They were all 21 or 22 and it was easy for them to get drinks for the group.

"Here you go, Layla," he said as he handed me my drink.

"Thank you," I replied gratefully. I hadn't had much experience with alcohol and knew I would need to go slow.

Thomas was nice looking and friendly. We made small talk for a bit as the rest of the group chatted and got caught up on their summers. He was from Kentucky and majoring in music too, though he was a composer, not performer. He was flirting a bit but nothing overt, and I was flirting back in a similar fashion. We were having fun but what happened next, I was not prepared for.

"So, are you of the same persuasion as LeeAnne?"

Huh? I thought stupidly to myself before LeeAnne, herself, stepped in.

"Oh my god, Thomas! Leave Layla alone. You've known her all of 20 minutes and you're already asking her that???" she chastised him.

"Not to be stupid, but I'm completely confused," I admitted to the group.

"Oh sweetie, all he was asking is are you straight or gay because I'm a lesbian. Thomas wants to know if he has any shot with you," she responded laughing.

Fuck. Seriously, she's a lesbian, my thoughts whirled through my head trying to process this information. Then panic set in when I realized I didn't know exactly how to respond. Boldly, I decided if I ever wanted to figure out my own sexuality, it would require admitting my curiosity, not only to myself but to others.

"Oh." I hesitated to go on. "Well, I've not really had a ton of experience and mostly with guys, but this summer, I was with another girl and loved it. So, maybe bi?"

"Hot damn, so we all have a shot!" Thomas cried with glee.

My face flushed quite red at his comment, and LeeAnne saw that I was embarrassed.

"Alright, leave the poor girl alone. Let her get into classes before you start begging her for a date," she told Thomas.

The next hour or so we all talked and drank, though I more slowly than the rest of the group. Eventually, we all started dancing once the live music started. We all were in a group on the floor and had other patrons joining us. I attracted a lot of attention from outside the group with multiple guys approaching me to dance or offers to buy me drinks, all of which I declined. I couldn't get my mind off LeeAnne. Slowly, we worked our way together on the dance floor and were dancing by ourselves.

"You doing ok?" she asked.

"Yup, this is awesome! I love dancing so this is perfect. And your friends seem great, too," I responded enthusiastically.

"I hope you weren't upset by Thomas' question...he's always on the prowl for a new playmate. And for some reason, he feels the need to clarify the sexual orientation of any girl I bring around. Sorry about that."

"No worries, it doesn't bother me. I'd never been asked that before because back home, anything other than straight isn't acceptable, so it's just not even talked about. Also, it's the reason why I'm not fully sure of my answer," I answered her honestly.

LeeAnne was so easy to talk to...it was comfortable to confide in her and she just had that kind of personality that made you feel like you had been friends for years.

"Ok, I just wanted to make sure you weren't feeling pressured into answering."

"Yeah, no big deal. I'm hoping to get it figured out eventually now that I'm away from home," I responded. I was secretly hoping she would be the one to help me on my journey.

Reading my mind, I felt her hand lightly touch my waist in that moment as we danced together. Not really pulling me towards her, but more just a reassurance of her presence. Glancing up at her, I smiled encouragingly, and the touch became a bit more noticeable.

Leaning her head down, LeeAnne whispered in my ear, "Well if you ever want some help exploring that side of you, I'm completely willing to give you a hand."

Fuck. I mean holy fuck. I didn't think it would happen so fast. And honestly, looking at LeeAnne, she felt totally out my league. But yet, here she was flirting with me and straight up saying she wanted to play with me. I could hardly breathe. Yes. I would love to have you help me explore.

I lifted my hand to softly touch her arm and replied, "I think we will have to give that a try."

LeeAnne's beautiful face lit up with her winning smile, and she took a small step closer to me while we continued to dance. To an outsider, we looked like two college girls having a deep conversation while dancing. To LeeAnne's friends however, they knew exactly what was going on. She had her eyes on me and wasn't going to stop until she had me. While nothing more than some innocent touching happened that night, I knew our budding friendship was just getting started.

**********

Classes started that Monday, and I rapidly became fully engrossed in college life. Studying, never ending practices and I started looking for a job for some extra cash. I quickly made friends in my classes and had a wide group of people to hang out with at any moment. Things were going better than I had imagined except for one part...my roommate. That situation was about as unbearable as it could be and despite LeeAnne trying to get a room change for me, nothing could be done as all the rooms were full. I was stuck and I was miserable when there. Carrie's passive annoyance with me and my enjoyment of college had become increasingly vocal and harassing. She had also begun to do things in our room to simply piss me off.

The only good side to all of this was my escape. My escape came in the form of LeeAnne's room, and I was there almost every day. The best part was she welcomed me with open arms. If I got back to my dorm room and Carrie was there, I simply dropped my stuff and walked across the hall to LeeAnne. We began to spend most of our free time together and her circle of friends gradually became mine. Many of us gathered in her room because she had a couch, as well as the most coveted private bathroom. The first few weeks of school were very eye opening for me as I grew to know LeeAnne.

The Friday of the first week of school, we all were in LeeAnne's room after dinner hanging out. One of the guys had smuggled in a bottle of Jack and everyone was debating what drinking game to play. We were staying in that night because the next night was a "Back to school" party at one of the frat houses. Finally, the guys settled on a game of quarters. Everyone is sitting on the floor surrounding LeeAnne's coffee table and quickly, the drinking starts. More than a few rounds in and inhibitions are lowered, and lips are looser, which made for a very interesting evening.

"So LeeAnne, did you fuck Layla yet? Cuz if not, I'm gonna make a move; you're taking too damn long and the rest of us want a chance!" Thomas said to the group at large.

"Shut up man," Jamie, another guy friend, told him. "Just leave the girls alone. If Layla wants to fuck you, I'm sure she will tell you...though she'd have a much better time with me!" he teased Thomas before winking at me.

"Yeah, Thomas, I think you're just jealous honestly," LeeAnne remarked. "Layla lives across the hall so I get her all to myself most of the time."

"So why haven't you fucked her yet?" he asked again.

Sighing, LeeAnne rolls her eyes before replying, "Because it hasn't been the right time yet. And that's ok. So please drop it."

I was sitting next to her and gently reached out to squeeze her arm in thanks. LeeAnne smiled and winked at me before whispering in my ear, "There is never any pressure. Please know that and they just want to mess with you because you're new. And you're hot. And well, they want in your pants."

Then she kissed my ear gently. Just a tiny peck. I'm not even sure she intended to do it. Maybe it was just a byproduct of the alcohol and being slightly unstable. Regardless, a jolt shot through my body. I was instantly alert to her lips that close to my ear. My body stiffened ever so little, but LeeAnne knew what she had done and what it had done to me.

"Did you like that?"

I nodded my head slightly, not trusting myself to not moan aloud.

"Would you want me to do it again?"

My head nodded again.

"Stay with me once they leave." came her directive.

More nodding.

Another 2 hours of drinking and quarters flew by and soon our party was winding down. The bottle of Jack was nearly empty between the 6 of us and I was feeling very relaxed with my portion making my head pleasantly fuzzy. Between the alcohol and LeeAnne, I was also feeling quite horny. Throughout the game, we had managed to find discreet ways to touch each other. Teasing about a move in the game and touching playfully. Whispering closely in the others ear. Brushing our hair back from the others face. None of it was overt or meant to be a full-on display, but it was more than innocent. It was intentional.

Our friends departed shortly after we finished playing to go sleep off the booze before tomorrow nights party. I stayed behind under the guise of helping LeeAnne clean...though it was at her request I remain. As she closed the door behind Jamie, she turned to look at me stacking up the cards and quarters. She crossed the small room in two quick strides and knelt to help me clean up.

"I don't want to push you. But I do want you to know how much I want to kiss you and see where this could go. You are so beautiful and sweet and fun. I hope when you're ready, you will give me a chance," LeeAnne stated bluntly.

"Wow," I stammered. "Honestly, I want to see what happens as well but I want you to know that I am not a lesbian. At the most, I may be bisexual...but honestly, I just don't know. All of this is so new to me. I hope you can understand that I cannot promise more than being willing to try things and see what happens," I replied nervously. I liked her so much and didn't want to ruin anything, but I also wasn't willing to lead her on with false promises. I liked her too much to treat her that way.

"That's ok. You don't have to commit to anything right now or ever really. I'm happy to be your friend and help you figure it out. And if that's all it ever is, then I will be happy," she said reassuringly.

I smiled nervously and reached my hand out to touch her, but I didn't know exactly where I was going to put it. I hesitated for a second before finally letting it rest on her soft cheek. LeeAnne's eyes closed briefly before opening to look at me. I so desperately wanted to kiss her but was equally nervous and scared. She wasn't new to this; she was confident in her sexuality and this wasn't an experiment for her. Fortunately, LeeAnne sensed my fears and took matters into her own hands.