How It Started, How It's Going Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well thank you so fucking much for the kind consideration." Bill sarcasm hit deep.

"Hey, you started this with your, have a lend of my wife scheme."

"No we started this, together. Then you went off to JT's cabin and fell in love."

"Well fuck you asshole." Casey stood up and grabbed her bag.

"No, he fucked your asshole. Now get the fuck out of my life!"

Casey stormed out slamming the door. Bill threw his empty beer bottle after her so it shattered against the timber.

Five Months Later.

A commercial ends and the camera pulls in tight on the host of a sports panel show.

"Welcome back viewers, now before we move on to dissecting tonight's game everyone here at the desk tonight would like to pass on their congratulations our colleague Tank and his partner Casey. Tank was supposed to be with us tonight but he got a call as he was on his way in that he had to get to the hospital. Do you have an update for us Dwight?"

"Yeah, I spoke to Tank during the break and both Casey and his son are doing well. It was a trouble free labour but it may take Casey a while to get back on her feet because cause the little fella weighed in at nearly ten pounds."

"Damn, like father, like son." One of the other panelists quipped and they all cracked up laughing.

Two weeks after.

"Leading our bulletin tonight the whole of the Arrow broadcasting family, especially our sports team, have been shocked and saddened by the tragic news of the passing of Michael 'Tank' Abrams late yesterday evening. He was taking a three week break from broadcasting to be with his partner, Casey, and their new born son. Details are sketchy at this stage but it appears that he suffered a heart episode in one of the bathrooms of his home and collapsed against the door. Casey called the emergency services when she couldn't get the door open but by the time they arrived and broke into the room it was too late.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Casey, Michael Jnr, his other close family and friends. There will be a special broadcast tomorrow evening commemorating his time in the NFL and with us. The details of funeral arrangements are yet to be made public."

Three weeks.

"Welcome back to Arrow network news. Police were forced to intervene at the funeral of Michael 'Tank' Abrams today when members of his immediate family tried to prevent his partner Casey Forsyth and her baby Michael Jnr from attending. The funeral has been on hold for the past two weeks as Casey and Michael's immediate family fought about the arrangements. Reporter Ashley Wright was at the scene. What happened Ashley?"

"Thanks Alan, it was chaos at the beginning with Michael's brother physically restraining Casey and preventing her from entering. A couple of the Arrow TV sports team tried to intervene but in the end it took three police officers to restore calm. Casey was allowed access to the back of the church for the ceremony."

"What exactly is going on with their dispute Ash?"

"It's still before the courts Alan so we can't say too much. What we know is that when Tank died he was in the process of updating his will to make his partner Casey and his son Michael Jnr the main beneficiaries. That will was waiting at his lawyers office but hadn't been notarised. Normally this wouldn't be an issue for a couple but because they had only been living together for five months the relationship doesn't reach the standard of six months required for Casey to be declared his de facto."

"Is there any resolution in sight?"

"Not at this stage Alan. The judge ruled that Casey could stay in the house until the matters before him were finalised. Her access to their finances are restricted with any transaction above $300 needing approval. I spoke to a person with inside knowledge of the immediate family's intentions and they believe they should be the soul beneficiary of the estate believed to be worth upwards of $50M...

Three Months later.

"Well it's the court case everyone has been talking about and earlier today it came to it's conclusion. The judge today ruled that in line with Michael 'Tank' Abram's signed will and testament all his assets will be split evenly between his immediate family. That being his two brothers and his sister. His partner at the time of his death and her child will not receive a cent. We cross now to our reporter who has been covering this dispute from the beginning Ashley Wright. Where are you right now Ashley?"

"I'm outside the house that has been home to Casey Forsyth and her son since she moved in with Michael nine months ago. She has not been in court for the past two weeks after the lawyer representing the immediate family played some footage of her having sex with a number of different men. Those tapes and the revelations that she had been in some form of relationship with another Arrow sports anchor JT Hudson appear to have been pivotal in swinging the judges verdict."

"Has there been any comment from Mrs Forsyth yet?"

"Not as yet Alan. Just five minutes ago bailiffs arrived with a locksmith. They disabled the main gate and entered the property. We haven't seen anything since they entered the house but... just wait a second Alan there appears to be movement. It's not exactly clear, oh dear, oh dear, I'm afraid it looks like she is being physically removed from the property. We can see two men restraining her and another is carrying a baby capsule..."

Bill shut the television off. He sat in the darkness of his old house's living room watching the lightening flash from the storm outside. Perhaps he should have been celebrating. There were many at his new job in the Pentagon who were happy to update him on the latest instalment in the shit show that his ex-wife Casey's life had become. Well, soon to be ex-wife. Lawyers paid by the hour were never in a hurry to finalise the process even when there was no dispute between the parties.

At first he had allowed himself to revel in her pain. Fucking cheating cunt deserved all the karma life was willing to dish up. The love of his life that had twisted the knife so cruelly. Since the salacious revelations of the court case his attitude had softened. Seeing the smouldering ruin of your marriage dissected daily gave him a not insignificant taste of what was being heaped on Casey.

The shouty indignant voices on social media decrying both for their moral turpitude. The dispassionate reporting in the news followed by forensic analysis on panel shows. Picking through the entrails of what had been their life. Endless phone calls and messages from media outlets seeking to frame a new angle from either the wronged husband or the weak sick cuckold who'd shared his wife with strangers. The extent they went to despite him changing phone numbers, moving in to colleagues apartments.

Somehow they had even dug up the security guard from all those years ago. He sat in his old man chair in the dirty retirement home and regaled the reporter with his version of events from their murky past.

"Yeah, I had sex with her. Her boyfriend just sat there and watched with a hard on. I knew from that night she'd have jungle fever for the rest of her life."

From Bill's side at least he still had a good job. The university had cut Casey loose as soon as the court case began dominating the scandal sites. The department of defence had done their best to try and shield Bill. His work was considered to be essential for national security. It made him wonder how much worse it could have been without their clout. He'd taken some steps to disguise himself. Changed his hair colour and style. Wore glasses with thick black rims and clear lenses. Even tried a full beard for a month but had settled for a moustache in the end. It all helped but every now and then someone, a cab driver, stranger in a lift, would say.

"Do I know you from somewhere?"

Tomorrow he was on a plane back to Washington. He'd come home to help with an open house. His real estate agent was hoping to generate some more interest before another auction. They wanted him to drop his reserve. He was in no hurry to sell. They'd had plenty of lookers although he did wonder if some were just voyeurs after all the negative publicity.

He got up and began walking towards the stairs in the gloom. A flash of light caught his eye near the front door. Lightening he thought as the rain still fell steadily outside. When it didn't fade away Bill became suspicious. He went to investigate. Once he got closer he was sure there was someone out there. He could hear a sound like scratching, a key going in the slot then a clear expletive. The female voice was instantly recognisable to Bill. He stood stock still not wanting any noise to give away his presence. Next there was a squark of distress from an infant and then the same female voice trying to calm the upset child.

Bill watched as his arm reached out and his fingers close around the deadlock. It was as if they no longer belonged to him. He was still considering if opening the door was the right thing to do when his fingers twisted the lock. Pulling the door back caused them both to take fright. Casey thought the house would be empty. Bill was shocked by the toll the scandal of the last few months had taken on his ex. She was noticeably thinner to the point of looking unhealthy.

"I changed the locks." Bill stated in a dull monotone.

"Yeah, okay..." Casey looked down and made a point of making sure the child in her arms was covered from the rain. "I'm sorry, I'm desperate I guess. They er... they kicked me out..."

"I saw the news," Bill cut in which flustered Casey further.

"They've cut me off from the bank account and credit cards. All my own money went to the lawyers working for me." Tears began to flow, the baby sensed it and joined in. "I, I just need somewhere to stay for the night. I'll sort something else out tomorrow... I know it's a lot to ask..."

Before she'd finished begging Bill pushed the door open further and stepped back allowing her inside.

2044.

An advertisement finishes and the TV screen is filled with the heads of two middle aged men in suits sitting at a desk.

"Welcome back to XYZ Sports exclusive coverage of the NFL draft live from Las Vegas. Every team has had their first pick so now we are on to number 2."

"That's right Gerry. First up it was the Jets and our mail proved to spot on when they selected a young man with a connection to XYZ sports."

"Yes Phil, Michael Abrams Jnr. The son of the former NFL legend and sportscaster Michael 'Tank' Abrams."

"A legend of the sport who tragically died too young."

"He sure did, but now the Abrams name is back in the limelight although it's taken a few years longer then expected."

"Some thought it wouldn't happen. Michael was the standout footballer of his generation three years ago. Every franchise was chasing his signature but he chose a different path. Declining to enter the draft he stepped back from all football to pursue a career path in medicine. Many thought he was lost to the game forever.

"That would have been tragic Phil. He could really be a once in a generation player. His has a combination that is increasingly rare in an era where specialisation is king. Size, speed, agility, and a football brain that helped guide his college team to the national championships."

"Too right Gerry. They came second that night but Michael didn't lose any admirers. I think I can say we were all excited when we heard his management was seeking an invitation to the Combine. And from my point of view he was the standout there this year."

"The Jets have got a good player, there's no doubt about it but they've also picked one hell of a human being. Michael's already started medical clinic to service disadvantaged members of the black community."

"And with the Jet's help there's talk of him opening a couple more. It's just great to see Gerry. I mean so often we sit here and talk about the astronomical money the players are earning. So many of them spend it on houses and cars and jets. Here's a kid showing them how they could be helping their communities. Apparently he's going to be working shifts there in the off season."

Well Phil I think it's time to hear from the boy himself. We'll cross down to our colleague Kaylee who is with Michael right now."

The vision changes from the two men to a young dark haired Asian woman holding a microphone with a tall black man who is stooping slightly to stay in shot with the presenter.

"Thanks guys. Yes I'm here with the man of the moment Michael Abrams Jnr. How are you feeling Michael?"

"Honoured Kaylee, honoured and very grateful. Grateful to my family, to the NFL for allowing me to come back for the combine and to the Jets for taking the chance of signing me. It means a lot to find a franchise in my hometown that wants to help me improve as a player and is willing to share in my vision to help the community."

"Are you talking about the medical centre?"

"Yes Kaylee, it's been a hectic two months getting the building ready and the staff up to speed. I couldn't have done it without the help of the Jets."

"That's incredible Michael." The young woman put her hand on Michael bicep. "Although I guess it must be a little bittersweet not to have your father here to see you follow his footsteps into the NFL?"

"My father is here Kaylee." The young presenter looked a little nonplussed as Michael continued. "He's been with me my whole life. He changed my diapers, put a Band-Aid on my knee when I fell over. He drove me across town to go to a school with more black students. He coached nearly all my junior sports teams. He paid for my first car, my college tuition and a fair chunk of my medical degree. Michael Abrams Snr died when I was two weeks old. He gave me some of his genes. His family threw me and my mother out onto the streets. She was turned away by many so called friends until one man opened his door for her again and opened his heart for me. He is the inspiration of my life. Everything I am now and what I hope to become is because of him and my family."

Michael pointed to the audience and the camera panned around to focus on a couple sitting close together. The man had short silver hair fringing his mostly bald head but he still looked strong and vibrant. He held his fist aloft then pointed to the stage mouthing the words I love you son. The woman beside him looked a decade younger. She lent in close to her husband then turned her head and kissed his cheek. They were flanked by two middle aged men who bore a strong resemblance to the beaming man. Around them other members of the audience stood and applauded.

The auditorium was largely empty. The audience was gone, technicians were rolled up cables and put electronic equipment in trunks for transport. Bill was talking to the young sports presenter Kaylee.

"It would just be a short interview that we can use as part of profile for your son."

"I'm sorry Kaylee but the answer is still no. This family has had more than enough exposure in the media. I'm not going to add to it."

"Okay, I understand your reluctance." The young woman reached into the bag she had slung over her shoulder. "Here's my card. If you have a change of heart you can call me anytime."

As the reporter said the last bit she put her hand on Bill's forearm and lent in closer towards him. It was a subtle gesture lost on Bill but not another woman watching the interaction. She moved up on Bill's blindside as he watched the young reporter walk away. When Bill swung around to head for the exit he almost ran into her. He did a double take as something about the stunning black woman provided a sliver of recognition. She was dressed in designer clothes with some impressive baubles adorning her ears, hands and neck Then it came to him.

"Keisha?"

"You've got a good memory."

"You're a part owner of a team franchise and member of the commission so you aren't exactly anonymous." Bill replied, wary of the woman he hadn't spoken to for twenty years.

"Hmm, I suppose you are right." She agreed.

"I was sorry to hear about JT. It must have been quite a shock. I er, I wanted to go to the funeral but, well, we didn't part on the best of terms."

"I remember the condolence card you sent."

"Tragic accident," Bill added. "Two lives cut short."

"Pffft," Keisha expressed her displeasure. "An accident, yes. Tragic? Perhaps if the twenty year old hadn't had his cock in her mouth maybe they wouldn't have crashed."

"Wait up," Bill put his hands up. "The reports were the girl was in the other car?"

"We hadn't long bought our stake in the team. Their media unit got in the local cops ears before anything offical was reported. It wasn't the sort of publicity they wanted. Of course if you repeat that to anyone I'll deny it." Bill acknowledged he understood. "It gave me a slight amount of satisfaction to bury him without his cock. The coroner found it in the girls mouth. She'd bitten it off in the accident. They offered to put it with his body but I told them to throw it away. He wasn't going to be using it again."

Bill shifted awkwardly from foot to foot as he tried to think of a way to end the conversation so it was Keisha who spoke again.

"I saw your wife a bit earlier. She was sneaking out a side door with the recruiter from the Falcons."

"Alright, I'm going to go now." Bill said abruptly. "I don't have to listen to this."

"So you know?"

"Yes. Look I don't expect you or others to comprehend the intricacies of our relationship. My wife and I have an understanding. She has needs that she gets met by others. It doesn't happen often but I know when it does."

"Do you have needs?"

"I really don't want to discuss this with you."

"Have you ever tasted chocolate?"

"No!" Bill said louder than he intended so some of the scattered people left turned there heads. "That was my wife," he continued in hushed tones. "I did watch in the beginning but I didn't... didn't participate in that way."

"You misunderstood me Bill. Perhaps I should have asked if you'd every tried some smooth caramel?"

This time as she asked the question Keisha subtly parted the material in the cleavage of her dress giving Bill a glimpse of her flesh and a lacy bra to emphasis her meaning.

"Oh, um I, I see." Bill was struggling at first to come to terms with being propositioned. "I, no wait, wait one second. Very funny, have you had your fun now? Can I go?"

"I'm being serious." Keisha countered.

"Sure, you want to be with, what was it you called me all those years ago? A pathetic cuckold?"

"I've seen a bit more of the world since then Bill. I can appreciate the value of kindness and loyalty. Of being a good man even in trying circumstances. I'm not the only one. What was it your little friend said? Call me anytime..." As she said the reporters words Keisha copied her suggestive body language.

"You're being ridiculous."

I'm staying in this hotel tonight. Room 2501. Come up and we'll have a nightcap, talk some more." She lent in close and kissed him on the cheek then whispered. "You know that old saying, once you go black you can't go back? That goes for us ladies as well."

Bill was left stunned as she walked away. He looked around the room and saw the bar staff were still behind the bar. Suddenly he was thirsty so he headed in that direction. They said they were closed but they slipped him a beer for some cash. He took his time drinking it thinking over what Keisha had said and her offer.

When he'd finished it he walked through to the hotel lifts. He held his room keycard over the scanner till the green light flashed then his finger hovered over the floor buttons. He was on ten. He almost pressed it but then drifted north to hit twenty five. It didn't light up. After trying again he deduced that the keycard would only give him access to the floor his room was on. So he pushed ten then lent against the back wall waiting for the doors to close. They'd almost made it when an arm appeared between them and they opened. It was a security guard.