How The Tides Turn Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I agree with that. I hope she gets it together. I hope we don't lose touch with each other over this," Dave commented.

"Of course not. You are their grandfather. Actually, I plan to visit you more often than I have in the past."

"I'd like that. I have always liked you and I think the world of my grand babies. Anytime you want, point your hood north and come on."

"Oh, we will. If you would, would you pass on to Jeanne that I asked about her and hope she is doing well. Tell her I am sorry about everything she went through and she can talk to me whenever she wants to. I will always be there for her if she needs me."

"I'll tell her next time we talk," Dave answered.

"Dave, tell me something...When I called several months ago for Jeanne, you answered the phone and said something to me. You told me I picked the wrong sister. Why did you say that to me? What was that all about?"

"Son, I'll give you an 'A' in book learning, but a 'D-'on observation. Jeanne has been doting on you since you got married. I thought it was just a teenage crush. But it kept on and on. And you never noticed it. You never noticed that she made sure to cook your favorite dinners when you came to visit? How she dressed when you were here and how she hung on every word you said? How she wanted to become a teacher, partly because you inspired her and partly to get you to notice. Then, become a teacher in Maine? You didn't see that? I'll tell you, if you didn't notice any of that, then you could never understand how she felt when her sister told her you two were working it out, which told Jeanne in no certain words, Butt-out! So, she did. Now she is in Mississippi."

"I thought she said she was let go due to cut-backs?" Phil questioned.

"Cut-backs, my dying ass! Would they cut her during a school year? I don't think so. She couldn't handle the way things turned out up there. She loved you. And I knew she would be better for you than Jennifer was. You two have more in common than Jennifer has with you. I knew it and tried telling you before you got married. Not that I was going to push any of my daughters on you. You two were old enough to make your own decisions. Then, shit hit the fan and it hurt my baby girl. So, she left there and smartened up. In the long run she will be better for it," Dave told him.

"Christ. Dave, I never knew how she felt until it was too late, but then, did she expect me to leave my wife for her, back then?"

"Hell, I have no idea what she was thinking in pursuing you like she did. The important thing is that she learned from it. Did you learn anything out of this?"

"Yeah! Leave women alone. Let other men deal with them because apparently I can't pick them and certainly don't understand them," Phil stated.

Dave laughed, and patted Phil on the back. "Welcome to the world of men, son." They both laughed. Shortly after, Dave went to bed and Phil stayed up...staring at the night sky...lost in his thoughts.

***

Life goes on...

Phil, little Gordon and Ashley settled nicely in a three bedroom ranch with two acres of land just outside of Gainesville. Now he had a decent yard for the kids to play, some woods nearby for them to explore and a safe neighborhood for them to ride their bikes.

Also, he easily took to his job as a history professor at UF. He didn't much care for having to hire a nanny, but that was better than daycare. He made sure not to take his job so seriously that he neglected the kids unnecessarily. They were his life now.

Several weeks after he started, at one of the faculty meetings, he met Sylvia...an economics intern working on her master's degree. While she was younger than Phil, she wasn't a college kid. She had been honorably discharged from the Marine Corps and was using her GI Bill to get her degree. She came from a poor, but loving family in the area and used the service to pay for college.

She was, in no way, a voluptuous beauty like Jennifer or Jeanne, but her 5' 9", 145 pound frame accented by black wavy hair, green eyes and full lips categorized her as adorable in Phil's eyes. Mostly because her personality was so fun and loving. Strikingly feminine. Phil couldn't for the life of him see her as a 'life-taking' devil dog. But, they met, and hit it off nicely as friends. And after meeting for lunch almost daily and taking her out to dinner a few times in as many weeks, he felt comfortable inviting her to his home for dinner and to meet the kids.

Little Gordon, typically shy, took to her like an everyday playmate, as did Ashley. Phil smiled genuinely for the first time in years as the four of them played in the living room. Sylvia told him that she loved children and hoped that they were in her future, someday. The dinner went exceptionally well.

Weeks went by and they were spending more and more time together, mostly at Phil's house. Phil had set it in his mind that now he is a father before he is a significant other. He was up-front with Sylvia with that and she surprised him when a tear rolled over her face and she told him that she admired and respected that. And that he seemed like a wonderful father. They embraced for a long time that evening.

The next week, after dinner and the kids went to bed, they watched TV, cuddling on the couch. Phil rubbed his nose on top of her head, taking in the warm aroma of her conditioner and the softness of her hair. He kissed her head and squeezed her tight. She felt so warm and soft against his side, under his arms.

She lifted her face to his and their lips melted together. Phil was on such an emotional high that he almost forgot to breathe. He really liked this woman. Sylvia placed her hand under his shirt and very lightly traced her fingertips over his chest and abdomen. Phil rubbed his hand over her denim covered thighs and around to her ass, squeezing and massaging, creating a favorable response.

She pulled her hands out from under his shirt and gently took his hands in hers, pulling him to his feet.

"You know, you never did show me your bedroom. I think it is about time I see it, don't you?" she suggested.

"Oh yeah, I think you're right!" he breathed.

Sylvia led him by the hand to his room and quietly closed the door. Phil stood there in excitement watching her slowly remove her clothes. When she was fully naked she walked slowly over to him and she started removing his clothes, kissing his skin as it became exposed.

In the moment, scarlet passion consumed them. No foreplay was necessary or wanted. Their skin joining was the only goal tonight. They claimed each other physically and emotionally. All that was left was the consummation of their desires.

She crawled on hands and knees to the middle of the bed and rolled onto her back, spreading her creamy thighs wide for visual invitation. Phil crawled on top of her, lowering his wet mouth onto hers and he felt how incredibly Sylvia's most intimate embrace caused his heart to race with anticipation. Anticipation of there bodies becoming one.

Phil, millimeter by millimeter, slowly plunged his hot, steel cock into her velvety slick depth. Her back arched and her head rolled back in the bliss of the moment. A feeling they would remember for a lifetime. She gasped for air when Phil bottomed out and kept applying pressure on her enlarged clit. Phil held his cock still and felt a small burst of erotically warm nectar coat his cock as she had her first, small release.

She wrapped her legs around his hips and tried pulling him deeper into her dripping sex. Phil began slowly easing his cock out until only the spongy head remained inside and plunged deep inside her again. Over and over, lost in each others eyes, as no words were necessary. Just the sounds of ecstasy filling the room.

Phil kissed her lightly on her forehead, working to her cheeks and finally to her neck, feeling Sylvia's fingers combing his hair. A smile of pleasure tattooed on her pretty face.

Unexpectedly to Phil, she wrapped her arms around him and rolled both of their bodies until she was on top of him, never separating their sex. She maneuvered her legs where they were straightened and in between Phil's. She used her toes to force her body back and forth, gliding her wet pussy up and down his cock. Phil used the opportunity to tease her nipples until she bent her head down to lick and suck his chest and nipples. He groaned his acceptance, exciting Sylvia further.

Her tempo increased and felt this hard, hot cock begin to swell and throb. She felt his impending release coming. She loved that she gave her boyfriend this level of satisfaction and her excitement drastically increased. Her sweet sweat started dripping from her efforts. Phil pulled her neck to his mouth and sucked hard on her sensitive skin, erupting his smooth, white cream inside her.

His orgasm turned on the tidal wave of honey from her core as she released her orgasm on this special man. Both of their wet bodies twitched together in spasms. Holding each other tight, their bodies confessed their agreement to their new union. Contentment and happiness swept over them.

"Oh Honey. It's about time. I don't know how much longer I could have waited for you to make a move. I have wanted you for weeks. I was starting to think you really didn't want me," she whispered to him.

"Well, better late than never, right? Thank you for waiting. I wanted to make sure you were ok with everything. To make sure we were both ready."

"Phil, this felt wonderful. Baby, I think I am falling for you. I understand if you want to take things slow considering what you have been through, but I wanted you to know how I feel and wonder what you are feeling?"

"Syl, I really like you and I don't want to be with anyone else. You are a wonderful woman. Phenomenal! I want this to work so much. But I don't want to rush into this. You still have school to finish; I have two kids to take care of plus a job to do. I could be falling for you, too. Let's just not rush, ok?"

"Absolutely not. Let's just stay on this course and see what happens. I have a good feeling about us, so there is no rush. You have made me so happy the last two months. I walk around in the clouds. When I am not with you, I am thinking about you and those two angels of yours. I feel complete, you know?"

"Sweetheart, so do I. I wonder where you have been all my life, and why I had to endure hell to finally find someone like you. You are one in a million!" He pulled her into a long passionate kiss and made love again...and again.

***

Jeanne, again.

The weekend of little Gordon's' second birthday Phil took the kids to spend it with their grandfather. He thought that going without Sylvia this time would be better to inquire about Dave's thoughts of him bringing her to meet him. When Phil pulled up to the house he noticed a Jeep Liberty with Mississippi plates in the driveway.

"Ah, shit! Here we go!" he mumbled to himself.

As he got the kids out of their car seats, Dave and Jeanne came out of the house to greet them. Dave hogged up his grandson while Jeanne picked up Ashley and gave her a big hug. Then she turned and gave Phil a half hug a kiss hello.

After the greetings, they went into the living room and caught up with each other. Jeanne talked about her job and her place on MS. While Phil talked about his new lifestyle and girlfriend. He noticed Jeanne lost her excitement when Sylvia was mentioned. That may not have been his intention, but that was the results. He had conflicting emotions in his heart, but was decisive in his thoughts.

After dinner, Grandpa Dave took the kids in for their bath while Jeanne asked Phil to go for a walk. They stepped off of the porch and walked down the long dirt driveway. The first few minutes were in silence. Anxiety building, before Jeanne spoke.

"Phil, I can't tell you how sorry I am about not returning your calls. I know it wasn't right but I had to get away from everything, you know?"

"Yeah, well, what's done is done. It's all in the past, sweetheart."

"Not for me, it isn't. I need to get this off of my chest. I need to talk to you about this and not keep it hanging out there."

"Alright, go ahead," Phil said.

"Honey, I didn't know what to do. We made love that last night together and I felt it between us. It felt magical and I have hoped for so long to show you how I feel deep inside. I have loved you for as long as I can remember and I still do. I actually thought...FINALLY! The man of my dreams. Then, it seemed like that instant, you were back with Jennifer, like I meant nothing. I know, I know...you said you were getting her back and not to believe everything I hear. I should have remembered that when Jennifer told me you two were getting back together and made me feel like her problems were my fault.

My initial reaction was to get out of there, which I did. I had to distance myself from all of that mess and get my head straight. And now, I also had to find another job and try to move on with a life without you."

Phil asked, "And how did that work out?"

"It's not working at all. I miss you. Not only were you family, you were my friend. And one incredible lover. I love you so much, Phil! My life sucks without you."

"Damn. I'm sorry to hear that...but I will always be your friend, Jeanne. You haven't lost that."

"Phil, would you consider giving me another chance with you? I love you! And I know you love me, too."

"No, I wouldn't even consider it. You blew it. And stop with the 'I love yous". I doubt you really know what the word means," Phil claimed.

"What was that? Come again?" Jeanne didn't believe what he just said.

"I said knock it off. You don't love me Jeanne. If you really think you do then it makes me doubt you know what it means."

"Jeanne...you had me! In retrospect, it's probably a good thing you left and didn't return my calls. I wanted you. I was sick to my stomach with grief that I had lost you. I kept praying that you would remember what I said about not believing what you hear. But then it dawned on me. You left me when I needed you most! You didn't return my calls when it was over. You broke off all contact with me when I desperately needed you. I know you had your reasons and I accept that, but those reasons were not founded in love. You gave up on me...on us!"

"You had my cell number. You had my home number and work number. You knew my address. Your dad knew where I was at. It wasn't like I was hiding. But that is what you were doing, wasn't it?" Phil asked.

"Phil, I couldn't deal with it and thought I needed time away..."

"I know that, Jeanne. But that's the point! When you really love someone you don't run away and hide. You stick with them, no matter what. You try to be the rock they need to rest on and support them. Not deny contact with them. Don't get me wrong...I am not angry with you. Once I realized this, it became clear. You haven't really experienced love. The deep seated devotion to another person. You had a crush, Jeanne. I understand that now. You never felt love reciprocated back to you and when you finally do; you are going to make someone a very lucky man, husband and father. You are still young sweetie."

Phil continued, "If I would have found you, and we got together and maybe even got married, I would always wonder what you would do in the tough situations that life throws us in. Life is not easy. You have seen first hand how vicious it can get. It's not all roses, but a man has to be able to count on his wife or girlfriend. If he can't, then what good is she to him? Me? I am damaged. Jennifer did a number on me and I certainly don't need another woman who is either self centered or runs when the going gets tough. So, I moved on...and found Sylvia."

"Oh Lord, Phil, What have I done? You're right. I am so sorry! I..." Jeanne started with a shameful cry.

Phil stopped her with a smile and hugged her. "Stop! Baby, it was for the best. You didn't lose me. I am and always will be your friend and family. We both learned something from this. This is something neither of us will forget and we are better for it."

He pulled back to look into her eyes. "Jeanne, I want you to know this. I have no regrets. I would do it all again, except for the part where I allow my wife to belittle me. It may sadden you right now to know that you had me in the palm of your hand. And that is a credit to you. But we both have some more growing up and learning to do."

She filled up again and pulled him into her embrace...a final embrace...a goodbye embrace.

After a while, they headed back to the house as the close friends they were before all of this started.

***

In the end.

Phil felt like a weight had been lifted from him. He had his ex-father-in-law's blessing to bring Sylvia on their visits and things had been finally settled with Jeanne. Now, with a clear mind, he could proceed with his life.

Phil and Sylvia were married several months after that visit. Currently, Sylvia is pregnant with their second child and she gets more help than she can handle from their 2 year old daughter Stephanie, little Gordon and Ashley. I guess those pills actually do work!

They are on their way to New Hampshire to let the kids visit their mother. Jennifer is on parole for another year and is trying to regain her old job, her integrity and her self respect. So far she is doing well. Phil still has full custody of Gordon and Ashley, who are a little apprehensive about meeting their mother. Jennifer has written letters and has called several times to speak to the kids and to apologize repeatedly for treating him the way she did.

Phil still keeps in touch with Tom and Abby regularly. He and Sylvia entertained them a couple of months ago when they took a vacation to visit them. Phil couldn't thank Abby enough for her 'help'. Phil realized Abby was right. He was not sadistic and was way too stupid to be a crook, or play games at Jennifer and Gordon's level. Sometimes it is wonderful to know people.

Bottom line is, Jennifer is a convicted felon on parole, without the kids she wanted so bad, trying at over 30 years old to get her life back. All the while, Phil has a pretty wife that loves him more than anything, pregnant with their second child, has little Gordon and Ashley, making a good living and has a wife working for the Florida state government. The kids have room to play and grow and have a proud father and step-mother.

My! How the tides have turned!

The End!

  • COMMENTS
14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Well enjoyed!

Read all the stories from start to finish in one sitting - was caught up in it all completely. Loved every bit of the plot, and finished off with a great happy ending. thanks

daluentdaluentalmost 18 years ago
not related?

Hey fumunda cheeze. He's a blood relative of the kids, he's their uncle! Macpappy, thanks for putting balls on the balless character in the original story. That story made me want to vomit.Regards. Luis

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 18 years ago
Good Ending

Your ending was logical and made sense. Jeanne was not mature enough to make it work. I'm not sure that Jennifer and Gordon deserved 2 years of jail, but, hey when you screw with people's lives you take your chances on somebody getting pissed off. However, I don't understand why Jennifer didn't just divorce him - she would have gotten most everything anyway.

charleybearcharleybearabout 18 years ago
Good Story

I read the whole story at one time so I haven't commented before. I liked the overall story and your handling of the ending. Some have indicated that prison was too harsh for what she had done to him and common sense says that is true, but so what! I love that she was made to suffer. After all, he did so why not her.

Keep writing good stories and we will all appreciate you immensely.

Charleybear

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 18 years ago
I enjoyed the fantasy very much.

I also remembered while reading the chapter the part of the wife and brother doing the coke and thought the kids would be much better with the husband if he truly was doing it out of love instead of the ultimate revenge on the wife.

Looking forward to more of your stories

Thank you

Show More
Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

In Her Eyes A husband doesn't like what he sees.in Loving Wives
Fortune Gold does not always glitter.in Loving Wives
Penny Whimsy Her plan to trade up didn't work.in Loving Wives
Now It Ends She pushed me too far and I had to leave.in Loving Wives
Already Gone A wife and her lover plot but the husband is a step ahead.in Loving Wives
More Stories