How to Come Off Educated

Story Info
For Non Stroke Author's Based On Personal Experience.
1.4k words
1.67
814
2
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A Far Warning my advice may be for those Non-Stroke Auther's out there, but I still Stroke Author's still use my advice in fact I would Appreciated it. And just like my Description says all of my Advice is Based on my Own Personal Experiences. And Advice from other Authors on this site.

1. Your Title. Okay I'm going to start off with the Obvious Your Title now the Title to your story doesn't have to be Cleaver, but on Under any Circumstances you use the Title of your story as a Form of Click Bait. And I say the same to your Tag's as well. And yes, I do consider having just one scene in your story that has something to do with the Title of your story is a Click Bait. Such as if you only have very brief scene of one of your characters in your story is on a date, and that's not what your Story is about, I wouldn't Title your story "The Date" or whatever since that's not what your story is about.

2. Cum on Lit It Get Right/The Gramer Checker And The Dictionary are Your BFF's. Then the next thing I'm Going to touch on is the Proper use of words. And here's what I mean I feel like a Stroy is much easier to read if for example I'm trying not to figure out which there they are trying use when it comes to the part of the story where it reads "They're going on their first vacation in years." Then of course I'm Begging all of you Auther's Please use a Dictionary because nothing Turns me Off more when reading stories is when then the Author is too lazy to use a Dictionary some kind of other Spell Checker, and in turn they end up making obvious Spelling Errors which includes using Lower Case when you're supposed to be using an Upper Case. And that is Why I Personally Edit and Fix As I Go. And I Personally don't find it funny or cleaver when a Lit erotica Author Use the word "Cum' in place of 'Come' especially when it's not an Erotic or Sex scene. And this Last Point I'm going to touch upon in this section, is that I'm Particularly a Big Fan of Abbreviations or short cuts but that one is Forgivable to me. Such as 'Uni' for "University' or 'EC' for 'Erotic Couplings' again this last one is Forgivable but still I wished Author's didn't use it.

3. We Have to Talk. The only way that the Proper Word Use Rules becomes Forgivable and Laxed is when you're using it as a Dilogy, as it is not only More Realistic, but also it Gives the characters in your story a bit of a Personality. For Example, "I Gotta go shoppn Wanna come with?" verses "I Got To Go Shopping Want To Come With Me?" even though both of those examples are correct, it's just that the First one seems more Realistic as that's probably how someone would say that exact same Sentence in Real Life. Be it a Street Punk or a Rich Bank Owner.

4. A Little Research Never Hurt Anyone. Another thing that I've noticed quite a bit is the lack of research done, be it if you are writing a Stroke Story or n t. And that is a Lack of Research done no matter if you're writing a Historic Story Or Not, I just hate it when I'm Reading along and all of sudden, I'm reading something that doesn't make sense, and in turn I'm forced to reread that that Paragraph and at times Scanning Through the Whole Story just make sure that I haven't missed anything. Based on what I know of it in Real Life and what the Story Universe version of it is. For Example, if I'm reading and it get to the point where the character has Won the Lottory (Not Trying to Bash that Particular Author By The Way) and they say that The said character doesn't have to Work anymore ever again in his life as he is getting Annual Payoffs from that one Lottery. As far as I can tell in Real Life once you Win the Lottory you don't get Annual Payoff's just from that on Lottory Wining for obvious reasons. I won't name names but that is literally the starting off point in a story that I have read. My Sencere Apologies to that Author. Anyways moving on.

5. The Perfect Robot. And while I'm the Subject, please, Please I'm Begging You although it is Tempting especially hare on Lit erotica, I just feel it's much Sexier and more Realistic and all of that. If you avoid Describing all of your Female Characters in all of your Stories or even just one, having Super Skinny Supermodel Types with XX-Cup Sized Breasts all the while being pretty much Helpless especially around a Cock. And with every Male being Overly Super Mucho with an Overly Super Built Body to match in addition to having a Cock size of 9000 Inches. Even if you are writing a Stroke Stroy I Personally Still Prefer that you try to keep the Body Types and Personalities Grounded.

6. What Did I Missed. This next one is really simple it be nice if you could use Continuity in your Stories. Just for Fluidity Sake as I feel it is much easier to read if you have one thing being either Connected and or Leading to Another. Such as it is much easier to read if you have already established in your story that the two or more Characters already know each other, either Before or During the Story. Rather than having the Second Character all of a sudden Introduced without Rhym or Reason. And all you need to do is either have the Two Character's already being Married, Friends. Or if they are Strangers to each other when the Story Begins you could just have the Characters pump into each other at a Bar or in a Coffee Shop just to name a Couple of Examples.

7. Sympathy for Your Character. Although it's not Necessary it would nice if you could make your audience Sorry for the Characters in your story whenever something Sad or Bad Happens to them in the Story. And on the Opposite End however this one is a must and that is Never I Repeat Never make the Characters in your Stories So Unlikable that they Stop Reading Especially the Main Character of that Story.

8. Using the Right Description. Probably more Important than the Title of your Story is the Description to go along with that Story, as it is the Decider on rather that person wants to read that Story or not. And because of it The Description is probably more Important than the Title of your Story. And some of the Trends that I've Noticed when it comes to the Description are. "The Title Says It All" and "....Or Is She?" and "...Or Do They?" and "She Wakes Up Suddenly From Her Slumber And Jumps Out Of Bed AS She Has Heard A Sound....." As I feel the First Example is just Plain Lazy and at the same time it kind of makes you not as Imaginative as you might think, I'm sure the Opposite is True.

Then The Two Examples just simply makes you feels like you are Desperate for People to read your work as it comes off as more of a Tease than an actual Description and at the same time it also shows your lack of Confidence and Fear that no one would read your work. And as for the Last Example it's literally a Description of the Opening Scene of your Story, and not what your Story is about. It would be like as if your Favorite Movie Instead of Having a Cleaver Tagline it Literally Describes the Opening Scene for the Cleaver Tagline. For Example, let's take the Movie Aliens, instead of having "This Time It's War" as the Tagline it Reads "Taking Place Years After The First Film Ripley Is Found Still In Cryo Sleep By A Salvage Team....." That's Not what Aliens is all about Aliens is about Ripley Facing her Fears and returning to that Planet that the Nostromo Landed on Years Before.

And that should be it and I'm Sorry If I was A Little Too Harsh, for anyone's Tastes. At any time During my Review.