How to Date a Demon King Ch. 01

Story Info
A heart is a terrible thing to waste...
5.8k words
3.55
2.3k
5
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was eons ago that Hell was gifted to the demons by the angels of Heaven.

Well, perhaps "gifted" is the wrong word to use. Demons were forced to stay there, never to again plague the surface en masse. Upon their forced migration, their new home was thrown into chaos as the demons fought among themselves for supremacy. One demon rose above the rest, more powerful, wicked, and ruthless than any other demon in the realm. He brought organized chaos to Hell and asserted himself as the dominant and solitary ruler of the realm. His name lost to the ages, he became his title. The Demon King.

The key to the Demon King's power was his heart. He had torn it out of his own chest and hidden it somewhere, granting him immense power and ridding himself of his emotions. Only cold calculation remained within him.

But the Demon King, as powerful as he was, was always kept in check by the leader of the angels up in Heaven, who was of equal power to him. So long as the angels had the the Angel Queen, the Demon King and his forces dare not leave their realm.

There was uneasy peace for many millennia... until the Angel Queen disappeared one day. The Demon King hurriedly amassed his forces, ready to invade the mortal realm of Earth. The angels knew they had to do something, so they began a mad search for the Demon King's heart to use as a bargaining chip against him. The heart was eventually found, and on Earth no less, deep beneath the surface. It was excavated by an angel courier to be transported to Heaven, but in his haste to find a safe place to make his return, he ran into a rogue demon who had escaped Hell to avoid the Demon King's tyrannical reign. Thinking the angel was out to get him, he attacked. In the ensuing scuffle, the heart was dropped to Earth...

It was soon found by a young man. The heart reacted to him, embedding itself within him. The disembodied heart now having a host, the Demon King felt it. His emotions returning. Happiness, sadness, disgust, fear... rage. Everything he had discarded, rushing back to him and spurring him to move.

And so, the Demon King rose from his throne and arrived in upstate New York... to hunt the bearer of his heart down.

====

He sighed as he walked down the street, his hands in the pockets of his jeans. Ugh, he hated working evenings... Then of course his boss loses the key to the storage room, so he has to stay until two freaking A.M. At least he got overtime for it. He swore, his supervisor would lose her own head if he wasn't there to keep her organized.

Still, there was something nice about walking home in the dead of winter at this hour. The streets were quiet, nearly empty... It gave him peace to think. A peace of mind was a rare thing in this day and age, and the scenery certainly helped with that. New Paltz, NY was a great town. He was from Illinois, but he'd definitely fallen in love with this eclectic college town. He'd only been there two years, but... Well, he wouldn't mind staying the rest of his life, that was for sure. He wasn't much of a wanderer... More of a homebody.

He raised his mitten-clad hand as a snowflake fell in front of him. A glance up at the sky showed that it was, indeed, starting to snow. The snow hadn't melted from last time and it looked like they'd be getting more. He was used to blizzards from back in the midwest, though. Most saw winter as a cold and dead time, but he saw it as a time of peaceful quiet. A season of rebirth and new beginnings.

His breath came out in a visible white puff and he raised his scarf up to cover his mouth. Ugh, one downside to winter was the cold... He needed to get home. He could probably cut through the parking lot behind Los Agaves. The young man turned and cut across the snow-covered lawn, his snow boots leaving footprints in the thick frost. As he got past the lawn and into the parking lot, he was jarred from his mental wanderings by a protrusion in the snow rudely catching on his foot, resulting in him falling flat on his face. Ow.

He pulled himself up, dusting off his jeans and turning to see what he tripped on. A rock? No, a... A box?

He scrambled to his knees and picked up the snow-covered wooden chest. It looked almost like a jewelry box... Did someone drop it here? He should probably take it to the police station. Someone might be looking for it, after all. But what was in it? Yeah, if he was going to report it found to the police, he'd need to know what it was...

Looking both ways as if to check for anyone who might catch him, he opened the box, gazing inside to find... a pendant? He reached in and picked up the piece of jewelry. It was a heart-shaped ruby, set on a gold lattice chain. He held it up to the floodlight shining on the parking lot from the roof of the second floor of Los Agaves. Huh... If he didn't know any better, he'd assume that the pendant was glowing.

Wait... Yeah, it was glowing. It was warm, too. Hot, even. Burning!

He attempted to drop it, but it seemed stuck to his palm now. The lattice chain seemed to have wrapped around his hand of its own accord. The light from the ruby heart started shining and a bright light flashed from the pendant. A gust of wind shot outward from it, knocking him back into a nearby car with surprising force. The blow knocked the wind out of him and he struggled to sit up. Ugh, his head hurt. Wait, where was the locket? He searched around for it, finding it gone. Did he drop it?

Yooouuu.

His gaze whipped upwards, eyes falling upon the figure standing there that wasn't before. The creature before him was... demonic. That was the perfect, and perhaps only, word to describe it. Utterly demonic.

Four jaggedly curved horns. Two whip-like tails. Wings like a massive gargoyle or bat. Jagged plates covering its body that, while at first seeming to be armor, on closer inspection were in fact biological chitin. Hands that were more like jagged claw-talons. Feet vanishing into flickering red, purple, and black flames that melted the snow below it, making the creature bob up and down as if hovering a foot off the ground. It easily stood at what must have been eight feet tall, dwarfing his own exceptional six foot nine. In contrast to the white of winter, it was completely pitch black except for two glowing red embers for eyes upon its blank and featureless face.

Huuuuumaaaaaan...

The voice, if it could be called a voice, was hoarse, raspy, and sounded more like an ominous wind than the vocal chords of a person. It didn't even seem to be coming from the demonic figure, but rather, hanging in the air all around them, no true point of origin or true point of destination. An omnipresence.

Do you realize what you have done, foolish mortal?

It (he?) raised one jagged talon, pointing at the young man's chest. Specifically, his heart.

You have bonded with my heart! The wretched organ I, the Ruler of Hell, cast aside so I may obtain absolute power! MY heart is part of you now! It feeds on your being and it has given me the despicable emotions I sought to be rid of!

He frantically looked down at his chest, seeing a singed hole in his jacket, through his shirt, and into his undershirt. But there was no wound in the visible bare skin?

The creature stepped, no, glided forward a bit.

Do you have any idea how this feels? All these... feelings! Affection, sympathy, sadness, anger, and... l-love! Horrid, disgusting love!

He raised his jagged talons to clutch at his head, as if nursing a migraine.

They are all flowing through me like a filthy disease! I cannot take it anymore! I, the Demon King, have for the first time in centuries, come to the realm of the mortals for one purpose... To hunt. You. Down!

He glided forward a bit more. The young man swallowed hard.

And now that I have you right where I want you...

He glided a bit closer. The young man felt like he might piss his pants!

I just have one thing to say, you pathetic human!

He finally glided up right before the young man, wheezing and rasping. And... wheezing some more.

Will you...

He reached a jagged hand up to clear his throat, dropping to one knee and holding his talon out towards the young man, almost like proposing. When he spoke, his voice was still deep and powerful, but lacked the previous hoarseness.

Will you... be my beloved? I...

He reached up to awkwardly tap his talons together, even looking away nervously.

I... I can't... I can't explain it... Nor do I even understand it, but... I want to be with you. I... I love you. Will you... be my... Uh... I think the humans call it, boyfriend?

...Wut. No, seriously, wut?

"Uh..." He looked away, blushing and scratching at his cheek. "I... hate to tell you this, but... I'm straight."

The Demon King tilted his head to the side.

What's that?

"It's... when a guy only likes women."

Humans have a thing for that?

"Uh... yeah?"

Oh.

A harmless poof of smoke emanated from the tall, imposing Demon King, fully enveloping him. When the smoke cleared, the Demon King was... not tall nor imposing anymore, to say the least.

What now stood there was a young woman, seemingly about the young man's age. She was very short. Probably under five feet tall! Despite this short height, her figure was plump. Thick, luscious thighs. A large, ample ass. Wide, childbearing hips. The slightest of paunches to her tummy. Her breasts were downright disproportionately huge, each probably the size of large watermelons, and they just looked larger on her small frame and short height. Her skin was healthily pale, her eyes a golden amber, while her hair was a vanilla white color, straight and reaching the small of her back.

Despite clearly looking human now, she still had evident indications of demonic taint. A long, prehensile, arrowed tail sprouted from her tailbone, swaying back and forth like a curious cat. Small black horns curved upward from between the folds of her hair. Bat-like wings adorned her back, folded against her as if to store them when not in use. Her ears were long and pointed, sticking out horizontally from behind the bangs that framed her face. Pinkish markings decorated seemingly random parts of her skin, which he could only describe as runes.

All this came together for a girl who would definitely stand out. But when it came to being conspicuous that all paled in comparison to the fact that she was completely naked.

Her pussy was clearly visible, notably bald with not a hint of pubic hair. Hell, her entire body was void of body hair. Her nipples were a rosy pink, slightly erected and a bit on the small side compared to the expanse of breast they tipped.

All in all, she was... well, if he was being honest with himself, really cute. Like something out of an anime. Smol, petite, juicily plump, curvy, ridiculously buxom, lap-sized... And the most dangerous demon in all of Hell. Though he couldn't help questioning why she... wait, he? They? Why the Demon King had chosen this particular form. Why so short? Why so buxom? Why so curvy? It was almost the exact opposite of the Demon King's spiney, tall, imposing form of black demonic hellfire from before. Was the Demon King okay being a woman now? Wait, was the Demon King even male before? Was this form even biologically functional and oh no he might just go cross-eyed from all this overthinking.

"Is this form more acceptable to you... darling?"

She smiled, wrapping her arms under her bust and hefting them up as if to present them to him. Despite her forward and flirtatious presenting, she bit her lip, her tail snaking between her legs like a scared dog. Was she that nervous about his approval? Her voice, previously deep, booming, and omnipresent, was more normal now. Soft, beautiful, melodic, and even a bit on the tiny side. This time it clearly came from her mouth, too! Her... full-lipped... mouth.

Wow, this was a lot to process.

"Uh... W-Wow..." he summarized, pulling himself to his feet. Her tail wagged in response. "You're beautiful, but... what is this all about? You said I, uh... bonded with your heart?"

She meekly nodded. Stepping forward, her nude breasts gave noticeable undulations with each step. They were like two great gelatin molds the way the soft, buoyant flesh rippled. She took his hands in her own, gazing up at him with a look of shy adoration. With her hands together to hold his, her arms were pressing against either side of her naked breasts, pushing them together and creating a deep expanse of pale cleavage. It was something she didn't seem to show conscious awareness of. Her hands were warm... Soft, too.

"That object you found... It was my heart, darling," she explained softly, a blush spreading across her cheeks.

At probably barely four foot ten in height, she was exceptionally short to his own staggering six foot nine. Her head, minus the horns, topped out at around his underarm, and her boobs were uncomfortably level with his crotch! Looking down at her, he had a view of her cleavage squeezed together inadvertently by her arm placement, while the way she was craning her neck up to give him eyes full of wet emotion and a face flushed like a maiden in love... It was easy to forget that she'd only moments before been an imposing figure of black jagged hellfire!

"I sealed it away to gain power and do away with my emotions... I did it to become the Demon King, the Ruler of Hell. I have reigned on my throne for centuries, possibly millennia... We were forced to stay in Hell by the angels, but after the disappearance of their leader, I began amassing forces to converge on the mortal realm. I never expected my heart to be discovered by a mortal human... But now that it's bonded with you, I'm filled with something foreign... emotions!" Her lower lip quivered, and she bit it to stop it. "So many feelings, darling... Ones I don't know what to do with, forgotten how to properly handle..." She gripped his hands tightly, but not painfully. "Please, darling... I... I don't know what to do. I... I want to be with you! I want to hold your hand, to kiss you, to shower you with affection..." Her blush grew. "I-I want to sit on your lap... I want to be embraced in your arms... I want to be in your life, be a part of your life... I need us to be together, with an intensity I just don't understand..."

She let go of one of his hands and reached for her left breast, pressing her own tiny hand into it. Her fingers sunk into the deep, bare flesh and the nude breast squished from the push against it. She gazed at the left side of her chest forlornly. "I-Is this love? I just can't tell... I still don't have a heart... It's in you, darling." She grabbed his hands again, gazing up into his eyes with a pleading look in her golden ambers. "Please, help me understand... Is this love, darling?"

He had to admit... He found her nudity, and the size of her breasts, distracting. But if he was getting this right... "You're Satan?"

She pouted. "No. Not Satan. The Devil and God are just cultural constructs created by you humans. Angels, demons, Heaven, Hell... They're just races and realms above and below this one. I am the Demon King, Ruler of Hell, but I am not Satan, Lucifer, nor the Devil. The dead do not reside in my domain."

"Uh... Okay, but... I have your heart? And you love me? I've, uh... I've never had anyone love me before..." He looked away. "This is insane..."

The Demon King blushed, biting her lower lip as she listened to him speak, her amber eyes big and wet. What was this feeling? This pit in her stomach... this feeling of pins and needles... Was it fear? But she was the Demon King! She feared nothing!

She looked up at her beloved. A human, beings of the Earth... The realm between Hell and Heaven. Demons would love nothing more than to rampage and enslave such inferior beings if not for the delicate balance that she and the Angel King kept, much to her consternation. But the Angel King vanished! Nothing was stopping the invasion of Earth by her demonic forces!

So then... why did that all seem inconsequential compared to this one human?

Sure, he was tall, very broad-shouldered. His dirty blonde hair that looked shaggy and fell to the nape of his neck. Green eyes behind black-framed glasses looked intelligent, analytical, yet having more maturity that he should for his early-20s looks. His face was youthful but still clearly identifiable as a 20-something, with not a hint of facial hair. His skin was pale but he wasn't showing much of it aside from his head and the hole burned through his clothing from her heart entering his body. A gray winter jacket looked to have a simple yellow sweater and a white undershirt under it. His crisp blue jeans were secured with a black belt that matched his black snow boots, while a scarf and matching mittens in muted red, green, chestnut, purple, and grey looked soft and warm. A black messenger bag was slung over his left shoulder, containing valuable belongings. He was so unremarkable, and such an inferior being! To think, finding and bonding with her heart would bring about these... these feelings that she hadn't felt in millennia! How could she fall for such a pitiful creature? She was the Demon King! She feared nothing!

Wait... yes she did...

She feared his rejection.

He lifted her hand and touched it to his chest. Something in her own chest fluttered when he did it. "It's in here, right?"

She bit her lip and nodded in response.

"Well, I..." He paused, a resolute expression on his face. She shuffled her feet nervously as she listened. "This is all weird, but... See, there's something my grandmother used to say. A heart is a terrible thing to waste..."

He brought her hand up and clapsed it with his other hand too. "...but a wonderful thing to invest in. I promise I'll take care of it."

H-He'd take care of her heart? Was this... Was he accepting her? It... It wasn't stated exactly, but it was close enough that she felt like she could soar, even without her wings!

"Yeee!"

The Demon King let go of him and jumped for joy. Her breasts, obeying gravity, sunk lower in response to her upward movement. Then, on the way down, they followed Newton's laws of physics and recoiled from her momentum... Promptly smacking her in the face with two soft, warm, heavy, large watermelons.

"Ow!" She squeaked, reaching up to rub at her little button nose. "Yeah... won't be doing that again. Hee hee!" She stuck her tongue out at him teasingly. A smile was on her face. Hm... Was this happiness? She liked this feeling...

"Uh, you okay?" he asked. The sincere concern on his face gave her a warm feeling inside.

"Hee hee! I'm okay. Demons are built tough, and I'm the Demon King, so I'm even tougher!" She said, thrusting her arms up proudly, an action that caused a quick bounce to her prodigious bust. "I admit, I'm not used to being so short and bosomy, so it's a little disorienting, but... So long as my darling likes this form, I do too!" She beamed up at him.

He sighed, pushing his glasses further up the bridge of his nose, a small smile on his face. "Well... Wow, this is gonna take some processing, but... I'm Will. Will Goldman."

"Um, Will? That's a nice name... I-I like it. I'm..." Her mind blanked. What... What was her name? "Um... I'm sorry, darling, I... I've been the Demon King for so long, I don't remember what my original name was... or if I even had one." She gazed down at the snow-covered gravel of the tiny parking lot in shame. "Hm... I suppose, since you own my heart... You may call me whatever you'd like? I'll accept any name you give me." She blushed, reaching up between her breasts to grasp at her chest. "I-It'll be... special to me."

12