All Comments on 'How to Date a Superhero Ch. 02'

by frozenhero1

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
FormerReaderFormerReaderalmost 10 years ago
Same time next week

I have been enjoying this so far but I am getting worried about Travis' romance. With Mega Girl fighting Apollo, Travis might be missing breakfast. A few minor quibbles though. You obviously know comic books, mythology not so much. Apollo mentions that while father Zeus favored the Greeks with his name, Apollo favored the Romans but the Roman sun god's name was Sol. Easy enough to fix: just ignore that unfortunate statement and "retcon" Apollo to Greek in true comic book style. And last: why would a Greek god talk like a 17th century Englishman? Certainly his "god powers" would allow him to pick up modern languages.

lefriclefricalmost 10 years ago
5 stars!

Best series on here in a LOOOOONG time. Between good sex scenes and a truly good understanding of superhero tropes.... You should get this published. For reelz. It's that good.

frozenhero1frozenhero1almost 10 years agoAuthor
@FormerReader

Apollo was an Olympian god, worshiped by both the Greeks as well as the Romans; known by the same name to both. Sol was a separate entity - a purely Roman creation who was not the son of Zeus, nor was he closely associated with the Olympian pantheon/mythologies.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

I too find Apollo's speech a bit annoying if this creature is indeed the son of Zeus, which I have my doubts. One would think as time progresses that the sun god would modernize. I would also believe a god to be immune to Rapture.

I do like the story, but there are a lot of idiosyncrasies that are throwing it off.

I am also a bit miffed by the lack of a finish to the Charley and Miley story. Hopefully this story will have a finality and not be open ended.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Not Too Shabby!

I love it when the commenters quibble, don't you? But, seriously...

If you do decide to publish this, please have someone edit it. Although most of your writing is quite passable there are some errors in grammar that are quite blatant. But, hey, we are all of us amateurs here, aren't we?

I, too, thought Rapture's power actually working on a Roman/Greek god was kind of unbelievable. But, when you consider that a mythological god is alive and well and living in the neighborhood--well, who knows what he may or may not be susceptible to. And considering that none of the pantheon was ever considered to be too bright in the first place, I might accept just about anything. Poor Mega-Girl.

I'm now beginning to wonder just which one of the roommates is actually Mega-Girl although I think I still have to go with Penny. It makes the most sense considering how it affects her arrival time with Travis whenever they are supposed to be getting together. Of course, I've been wrong before.

Anyway, keep up with this story. It is very well-done overall (even with the extremely clumsy Thor-like speech of Apollo) and the cliff-hanger adds a lot of excitement that can't help but hold a reader's interest until the next installment.

Ladd_RussoLadd_Russoalmost 10 years ago

I like it. But I would like to see more of Penny/Mega-Girl and Travis, rather than the almost 50/50 it's been so far between them and the Rapture side. Maybe next chapter when Penny comes home wounded and Travis realizes she is Mega-Girl we'll start seeing more of them. Also, some drama over the whole act Penny put on to look forward to - but I would seriously like it if all this superhero action took a backseat to the relationship between Travis and Mega-Girl.

frozenhero1frozenhero1almost 10 years agoAuthor

Apollo speaks the way he does because, as a commenter alluded to above, he is a (rather blantent) homage to Thor from Marvel comics. As for how Rapture got her hooks into him, more will be revealed in the coming chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Apoll-no

I'm all for the rip-off of Thor's speech patterns, but leave out the hammy Aquaman quotes "Neptune's beard!" really?

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilalmost 10 years ago
Looking forward to more

This was fun. The story is interesting. The characters are engaging. The powers a great mix. I am also an MC fan so the Rapture is a great villain. I did think that Apollo's 'Godspeak' was a bit much but not to bad. I was more concerned that he was an idiot.

After seeing chapter two after just a week, I had hoped that the updates would be that often. Oh well, I'll take what we can get. But no more checks until I see chapter 3.

Thanks for contributing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
This series is fun!

As a longtime comic fan and sometime editor I love what you are doing in this series. All of the little references to comic book conventions and language are well handled and the story is so much fun to read. I like the mysterious villains and the short pieces from the perspective of the heroine.

Overall, this takes the great writing, comic influences and hot scenes from your previous series and takes it into enjoyably new territory.

I'm looking forward to more and you have inspired me to post a few of my own efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great start - please continue!

I really like the story so far, and I hope you plan to still continue it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Not only have you forgotten Charley and Miley you have now forgotten this series too.

I sure hope you don't ruin either story by changing them

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
New chapter?

Don't leave us hanging!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Hey please don't stop!

I really like this series - please keep it going!

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

Apollo is an idiot!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous