All Comments on 'How to Date a Superhero Ch. 04'

by frozenhero1

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I Don't Quite Know What to Say

I suppose I expected Penny to get it on with Apollo. Any mortal girl would be stupid not to have a liaison with a true god if the opportunity offered itself. And I'm sure her anger at Travis and her hurt feelings had something to do with it also. The fact that Penny might be the offspring of a Roman/Greek god is an intriguing idea--I hope you follow up on her origin sometime in the future.

It is too bad that Jordan and Travis had to cut their romantic interlude short once the storm ended. I think it is only fair that he should get some considering Penny's surrender in Olympus. Of course his going any further with Jordan could really spell disaster should he and Penny attempt to get back together, let alone what genuine feelings Jordan might have for him. But "fair is fair in love and war," and I don't think there is anything wrong with what Travis did and might possibly think about doing in the future.

You still have some problems with vocabulary that made me chuckle throughout the reading of this chapter. Are your slips due to Spell Check (or some similar program)? That would be the only thing that would make sense (queue for cue, per example). And there are still some problems with basic vocabulary that you are guilty of, but I can ignore that--most people nowadays wouldn't know a metaphor from a split infinitive if it bit them in the ass. But, over-all, I appreciate the effort you put into this story and I will continue to read it as long as it continues to hold my interest. Until next time...

Roger.

new_readernew_readerover 9 years ago

That's it! I really fucking hate you now. You could have at least let Jordan and Travis get it on too, seeing as how Penny turned out to be a slut.

observer7observer7over 9 years ago
Let the Slut Shaming Begin!

Typical. Getting even is okay (never mind that the character doesn't know), that is totally the motivation for a holier than thou male demanding monogamy from a couple who are, as far as I can tell, separated. What? How about: if that was the standard to which he holds himself, that is the standard and nothing else makes it "okay"....but it does make it human.

Hey, how about that stud, huh, getting other women after fighting with his girlfriend, eh? He would be crazy not to go for it, right? He does not even know if they are getting back together or if he even wants it, so why should he live like a monk?

....what? She what? wHOrE!!,!, *spaz out*

HaHaHa! Your type are so easily unmanned, new reader.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Travis hooking up

with Jordan would be cool. I'm less interested in Penny/Mega-Girl even though she's the main character. Maybe Jordan could get some latent powers too, even.

cheerfulBcheerfulBover 9 years ago
Maturity

Personally, I think the slut-shaming knee-jerk response is usually an indication of the young/immature (and the immature can be any age). The one who fears it enough to respond in anger over a story about it probably doesn't have faith in him or her self as an individual, nor do they see any partner or lover in that light either.

I read many stories where the man goes out because he is restless, leaving the woman who loves him behind. He has his adventures, carouses with other women, tries different things, but eventually after having sated his curiosity realizes that he might want to go back to the woman he left behind. His conviction is stronger because he can define exactly why he wants to be with her. The arrogance is usually that the man expects her to be there waiting for him.

People with a mature outlook on life and on other people would be able to see that even having left someone you care about, if you both experience other things and are therefore better able to define exactly why you would want to get back together, then your commitment will be all the stronger for having the experience. A false commitment being tied to social guilt and shame and never having tried anything else usually results in suppression and even eventually compulsion to act out certain desires, never having had the chance. One dies with more regrets that way.

The other part of the maturity is that you don't rub the details in the others face, you focus on why it wasn't enough and why you came back, why you like this person. But you are both still individuals capable of curiosity and desire and misunderstandings. Forgiveness and compassion is actually the greatest power here, as well as respect for privacy, rather than jumping to "seeing as she turned out to be a slut!" To me, this denotes someone who lives in fear.

LancerInLALancerInLAover 9 years ago
Quite a rebound

I see fault in both MG and Travis' actions. She lied (for a good cause, but still a lie), he is insecure (with a superhero GF, who wouldn't?). But here is the key...they are 19. Maturity is sometimes not found in adults, and they are expected to know better? Doubtful.

I must say, rebound sex is one thing, but banging a god a few days after he tried to kill you is a bit much. I don't care that he was under a spell, the memories are fresh and that jumps way over the line. I guess in her, it is like most written guy characters...the power of the boner is more important.

PS, the lust power Apollo has is probably considerable. He has banged thousands upon thousands of women over the years. His attitude is going to be condescending, no matter how powerful she is. It is in his nature.

Still enjoyable, 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

don't let mega-girl get away from travis he needs her more then anything

Ladd_RussoLadd_Russoover 9 years ago
Damn

Really need more. I really didn't like how much Penny enjoyed herself, since how would she be expected to go back to Travis after that? I suppose with real love and all that but still though.

I just hope next chapter is Penny realizing Apollo is a douche (which he might not even be) who does something like keeping what's happening on earth a secret or not letting her return to help or something like that - hopefully coupled with spiked wine - and she has enough of him. Or she just returns together with Apollo as a couple, Travis and Jordan becomes a couple and as they become jealous of eachother they and everyone else realizes who belongs with who. Hopefully the first one though, as I just want Travis and Penny back together ASAP!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Peace

The

Fuck

Out

crazynikscrazyniksover 9 years ago
Look at the bigger picture here. Consequences.

Enough about the romance of our protagonists. My fellow readers already did that quite proficiently.

All I want to say is that Mega-girl is fucked (no pun intended). No criticism to the author. You’ve got a fan right here. I love the story. I am just laughing about the possible future of the super-heroine.

When she returns, her life is about to hit an all-time low. The destruction during the storm was sidelined but it would have to be enormous from what was described and she could’ve prevented it, so there goes the public opinion. No matter how much good you do, people forget everything except when you did something wrong, in this case being absent during a crisis.

Ok no worries, she has her friends to support her. Jordan would support her friend even if she returns with a happy fucked look with Apollo in tow, right? Maybe not. Afterall, Penny was busy getting fucked while she and Travis were huddled in some dark corner holding onto their life (Jordan is afraid of storms/hailstorms). Irrational I know, but so are people. Atleast that eases her guilt about the kiss.

Hope Travis doesn't come to know about her just yet.

Just my views. Good chapter by the way. Gave it a 4.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I'm hoping for Travis and Jordan to get together.Also continue the we're fucked series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
ruined it

Making Apollo and penny together ruined the story, only way to recover now is getting Travis with jordan

new_readernew_readerover 9 years ago
wow!

I guess if I had known people would start ranting I'd have added an end note or a post script to my comment that it wasn't meant to be taken seriously. What fh1 does with his characters and his story is entirely his prerogative. So my opinion of it or my hating on the author is kinda pointless cuz' its not MY story. Also if I really hated the author, I'd be sending him PMs, not posting on the public comment board. This ain't the LW section after all.

observer7observer7over 9 years ago
ROFL!

New_reader...actually saying, "I didn't mean it! Don't take me serious!"

Dude...surely you've noticed...sarcasm doesn't work in writing. You trying to change the tone of "I fucking hate you! She turned out to be a slut."

Nice way to try to back out. I had forgotten about you until I saw this. Guess you woulda done better actually taking it private and being quiet, eh?

frozenhero1frozenhero1over 9 years agoAuthor
A note to the readers

I find it interesting that so many readers are livid over Mega-Girl hooking up with Apollo. As a character, I haven't given Travis any depth and I personally thought his chemistry with Penny was rather bland (which is how I intended it). While I certainly expected Mega-Girl's actions would upset a few in an entertaining way, I didn't expect the feedback and comments to be so passionate about their displeasure of this story not being entirely about Travis and Penny. (Not that I can't take the heat, I can and will.)

This story is about Mega-Girl. The title is 'How to Date a Superhero', not 'How to Date a Normal College Guy'. Travis is a supporting character who was heavily featured in the early chapters, not a main character.

How many people at age 19 stay monogamous for the rest of their lives to their first boyfriend/girlfriend? This story is going to explore the dating life of a superhero, and that dating life may turn out to be extremely varied. It is not a love story about two people destined to be together who are forever faithful. If that is what you are looking for you are going to love my 'Beauty & the Geek' epic, but this story isn't for you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
frozenhero1

tell your story how you wrote it forget the naysayers its a great story with good characters. keep it in the direction you want to be going .

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
misleading title?

I guess when the series is titled "how to date a superhero" and the first chapter starts out with the introduction of a male character I expected him to be the main character and that the story would be about his relationship with the superhero. I didn't think he was gonna be an extra and that it was the superhero's sex life that was going to be the focus. Should have have called it something else or made it clear who the main was.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
interesting twist

I was fairly amused by the switch from Travis to Apollo. Travis didn't really seem to be cut out for dating a crazy super hero girl in any case, and it's nice to read one of these where the romantic story isn't a forgone conclusion from the first page.

Also, the super on deity sex scenes are pretty hot. ;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
the title

i agree with the other anon that the title of the series is misleading. i read the author's comment below about the main protagonist as MG and her super love life. would-be readers would think the series was about travis' exploits on dating mg, not taking the backseat, and not on mg's dalliances with other supers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Well

Don't like that she fucked Apollo....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Not liking Penny and Apollo

Totally sucked that Penny fucked Apollo! = 1

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wack

I realize this isn't a romance or anything, but hard to take her as a shy wholesome person she's being portrayed as when she's so crushed over this dude she's falling for them begging to be fucked by a different guy the same night.

Pretty trashy tbh

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

Stay with Joedan!!! You don't need Apollo's leftover slut!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This will forever be one of the most dissapointing arcs in writing for me. When I first found this story I thought the premise was amazing, an every day guy figuring out how to date a superhero.

... And then you made the superhero an easy lay for another superhero for no reason other than to have more sex In the story. It feels so empty and vacant of any depth anymore.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous