All Comments on 'How to Date a Superhero Ch. 09'

by frozenhero1

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
The Underworld is not just Hell

Just a personal peeve of mine, but, Hell, Tartarus, is only a part of the Underworld. Hades ruled over the Heaven (Elysium) part too, and everything in between. And while "Hades" is sometimes used as a place name and a synonym for hell in Christianity, if you're going to be using the Greek Pantheon, I feel you should be using the Greek myth interpretation of the word. I understand that this is your literary world you're creating, so you can define it any way you want, but "hades as hell" really bothers me.

This is all information easily found by wikipedia.

frozenhero1frozenhero1about 9 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous

Yes, the Greeks and their mythology had a very complex system regarding the Underworld and their afterlife. I'm a fan of the Olympian mythologies and well aware. I simply don't need to use the additional levels like Tartarus and Elysium for the purposes of this story, I only need one 'hell' and don't want to make things overly complicated in that regard.

Thanks for reading!

LancerInLALancerInLAabout 9 years ago
Well....

Let's see if I have the logic here...A bad guy kills someone and she responds by killing him. So the government decides to arrest her. Even though, they know a hit has been put out on her and a ton of bad guys are after her.

Why did they not go after the bad guys in the first place with the League?

Even when those bad guys are ALL attacking her at once. They are sent out to arrest her.

I have enjoyed the series, but that totally jumped the shark.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
@LancerinLA

Mega-Girl did not kill in self-defense or while trying to protect anyone. She could have detained/arrested Deathstalker, but she didn't. She killed him in a pre-meditated manner... the act of a vigilante. She took the law into her own hands and bypassed the legal system. As for the World League, they DID try to help against the Leviathan and Cyclone before dealing with the arrest of Mega- girl.

WanderingLost42WanderingLost42about 9 years ago
wait, what?

This can't be where the series ends!

RussTSwordRussTSwordabout 9 years ago
WTF?

You can't end it right there. What's this "epilogue" crap? Epilogue means the end of the story and you left a cliffhanger. Too many unanswered questions to just END it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Here We Go!

It was nice to see Jordan again, albeit in a very strange place far from home. This was almost as unexpected as her death in the last chapter. Touche.

So Heracles (I mean, Hercules) is not Penelope's father? That is quite a surprise. It made perfect sense to me, but I've been wrong before. Yet he is the only entity--god, demi-god, mortal, what-have-you--to escape from Hades and live to tell about it. Something tells me his time in this story is not finished yet.

So where do we go from here? And how is Travis going to fit into all this? Questions and more questions. The answers should prove interesting. I think I will stick around for a while longer. Good job.

Roger.

frozenhero1frozenhero1about 9 years agoAuthor
Replies

@LancerinLA - The World League was responding to the threat of the villains as well as the presence of Mega-Girl. I assumed off-page that they saw the confrontation on TV like everyone else and flew to the scene. I perhaps should have detailed their intentions better. As for why Mega-Girl is wanted, Anonymous answered that as well as I could.

@WanderingLost42 & RussTSword - No, this is not the last chapter. There will be many more to come. The 'epilogue' was a chapter epilogue, a way for that final scene to stand out. I realize chapters don't typically have epilogues in books, but the flow of chapters on Literotica is a bit different.

@Roger - I'm glad you liked this chapter. After all the negative feedback I received following the last chapter and the way I abruptly killed Jordan I was looking forward to posting this chapter and letting readers know her presence in this story isn't over. And you are correct, Hercules will play a role in events to come. I'm glad you're along for the ride, I enjoy your comments after each chapter.

GRIFFINMATERHORNGRIFFINMATERHORNabout 9 years ago
holy shit

@Frozenhero1

Your writing is unmatched and aside from thoroughly entertaining me. You have succeeded in inspiring me to write my own story. I can't praise you enough for your magnificent work. I was curious to know if you maybe have a mailing list or a website so I can keep track of your updates.

Griffin

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I still don't agree with the use of the word 'epilogue' in the latter part of this chapter

Yes, online published chapters don't flow the same way it does in regular books, but that doesn't change the recognised definition of an epilogue. It's no wonder people asked why you would end the story here.

I am glad that you attempted to redeem Apollo's character though. What he did in the previous chapter is still grating on the nerves, but I'm glad that the truth was brought to light. A tad cliched and makes Apollo seem more like a hormonal teenage boy, but it'll do.

That plot twist about Mega Girl being chosen as the handmaiden...well, I'll be honest. It didn't shock or encourage me to anticipate what comes next. It just made me want to step back and ask "What the hell was I reading?".

frozenhero1frozenhero1about 9 years agoAuthor
Replies

@Griffin - I don't have a mailing list or website. I'm an extremely casual writer and every piece of fiction I've ever written is here on Literotica. I try to post updates on my biography tab when new stories/chapters are coming. Good luck with your own story, I'd love to give it a read when it's posted.

@Anonymous - If the only criticism I received is that I use a chapter epilogue, I'd be a happy guy. I won't make it a habit, fair enough? As for the 'plot twist about Mega-Girl being a handmaiden' you describe, I'm not sure what you mean? Pluto wants Mega-Girl to be his bride! And it's hardly a twist, I've been building towards that for several chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
are people not reading

It clearly says Jordan summers . mega girl isn't the bridesmaiden . I am confused tho . doesn't hades already have a wife (Penelope - Demeter's daughter ) so is penny's mom secretly Demeter and that is why no god is her father?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A nice one.....

.....but would ya please get back to "We're Screwed Ch. 04"!!!!!!

Over 2 years man!! Whatever.

frozenhero1frozenhero1about 9 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous

I hate to break it to you, but chapter 3 of We're Screwed was it's concluding chapter. It's a nice, tight little story that was never intended to be longer. I don't see any reason to continue it.

DariusxifyDariusxifyabout 9 years ago
Good read but........

Interesting story and stuff, really liked the idea of Travis and mg together, but for me the story ended half way through chapter 3.......Wasn't really interested in the prospect of Apollo and mg together. I finished all chapters nonetheless but I was hoping for a happy ending between Travis and mg......... Hope you write more stories tho....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Have you considered being a full time Author?

I'm serious. I have read thousands of books (not exaggerating) and stories. You are the 2nd best I have ever read. You incorporate previous information from old chapters that people may have forgotten. I'm really curious as to how you will incorporate the Titans and Penny's father, considering that he worked with the League. Please continue with this series. It is one of the few that makes Literotica worth reading.

On a side note, please have Penny stay with Apollo. it may have started out with Travis, but he's a duche and human in a relationship with Jordan. Appolo was tricked into cheating, the only reason I'm still rooting for him. Also try to add more sex. Lut makes these stories fun and amusing.

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

Maybe Jordan can make a return?? I hope!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

So... Nothing about this story was actually about dating a superhero...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous