How to Deal with Muses

Story Info
A writer dealing with block receives help from muses.
1.4k words
4.5
3.8k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
HankDolworth
HankDolworth
1,447 Followers

Author's Note

I just returned to writing to finish a long running story. I had some difficulties figuring out to get started after a long break.

The following is a fictionalized version of how to best deal with pesky muses and their bothersome inspirations. I hope this entertains.

I was settling into a booth in a local coffee shop, getting ready to read a bit, order breakfast, and enjoy a good cup of diner coffee. Work has kept me busy the last four years. I changed jobs, then got promoted, and genuinely have enjoyed the benefits of a more upward mobile career than I had experienced in the previous five years.

I placed my iPad on the table, ordered a pitcher of coffee, and asked for a menu. I began reading a few blogs, then news, then slipped into Literotica to see if there were any new stores posted.

Soon after a gaggle of women entered the restaurant talking and giggling. I saw the blonde first, and blinked curiously.

"I knew her, didn't I?" I thought to myself.

At that moment she turned and saw me, and pointed, "There he is!" and the rest of the group turned and headed to my booth.

I did a double take, and looked behind me at the empty diner, and then back to the approching foursome.

They stopped and my table and the lithe redhead slid beside me. She turned towards me and kissed me on the cheek, then shifted over my lap to sit near the window, still pressed against me.

"Hi Lexi," I sighed as I felt her gentle kiss, "how are you."

"Perfectly happy," she smiled as her head leaned on my shoulder.

Carmen slid in next to me and turned, and tugged on my beard.

"Ay Papi, grew it all the way out, huh?," she smiled and pulled my lips to kiss her, "And so distinguished with the grey streak."

She settled in beside me and rubbed her fingers up and down my thighs.

Kelly slid over into the other booth, and just smiled at me.

"I've missed you," she said, "You never call, you never... Write."

Then Alyssa slipped in besider her, and looked at me, before she pushed her glasses up her nose.

"We are here to discuss the latter," she said with a grin, "In case it wasn't obvious."

"My lack of writing?" I asked with a sly grin. "I write quite a bit, actually. It's just a shame it's mostly emails."

"Too right," Kelly simpered, "and you never send me any emails. I check it everyday, you know."

"Well imaginary email addresses are notoriously unreliable," I parried and picked up my cup of coffee to enjoy a sip.

Alyssa looked at me, and wouldn't stop looking at me.

"What??" I finally growled, startling the waitress.

"You're not real," I hissed, "you're a figment of my imagination."

"Are we though?" Alyssa asked.

Carmen moved her hand and started feeling the shape of my manhood that was starting two grow. The lovely women that surrounded me and the small glimmer of a glow that Kelly emitted tended to have that effect.

"This seems real," Carmen said, with a smile, focusing her fingers on places that made it hard not to squirm.

"Look," I said sternly, "I enjoy thinking about you, but I've moved on."

Alyssa arched an eyebrow, "That doesn't seem the case, does it Hank," she said simply, "We are all right here."

"We are always thinking of you," Kelly said then gave me a dazzling grin.

"Don't you remember that dream the other night," Lexi whispered in my ear, then licked along the lobe which made me quiver.

"Stop," I hissed, "you know what that does to me!"

"I certainly do," Carmen said as she curled her fingers around my expanded girth, "I think he liked it."

I sighed, part out of frustration, and part out of the true fact that Carmen was very good at what she does. I looked at Alyssa again.

"I'm stuck," I answered honestly, "That last stint took it out of me, and each time I think about what's next I get stuck."

"Show me what you've written," Alyssa asked and reached for my iPad, pressing her glasses back up her nose. "Maybe I can help. You know I helped Jeremiah out of more than a few binds."

"Wwwelll," I stammered, "I haven't written much, but..."

I swiped and tapped, opened up Google document and flipped open a little story I'd drafted a couple years ago, and turned the iPad around to face Alyssa.

She smiled and winked at me, then started to read, "Oh this is about you Lexi," she said.

Lexi slipped onto the ground under the booth, then peaked up between Aly and Kelly, and leaned on her elbows as she read along.

"Mmmm.. Master," she said, "I miss him, why isn't he here with us?"

Carmen coughed, and caught Lexi's eye and I turned to see Carmen pointing at me.

"Jeremiah is a personification of," Alyssa started, then looked at me with a grin, "Him."

"Oh really," Lexi said as she continued reading, "Mmmm, I think I like this story..." and she squirmed on the bench across from me, her hand slipping beneath the edge of the table.

"She's right, you know." Alyssa said, and waited for Lexi to finish reading before swiping up to the next section, "It is good, you capture their dynamic so well."

"Well," I shrugged bashfully, "I try, but these are just my fantasies, there isn't much story there."

"I do love your fantasies," Carmen whispered in my ear, "That cabin scene in the lake, with the ropes, ... gawd makes me purr every time I read it."

"You too?" I asked and looked at Carmen.

She just looked at me with an arched brow, and broke out into laughter.

"We're just figments of your imagination..." Kelly mimicked and giggled.

"Well I thought I wrote that part pretty well." I stammered and looked at the fingers of my hands.

Alyssa reached for my hand and then I looked up into her eyes.

"You did write that part well." She said, "The whole story is wonderful. We just want you to continue. Did you write anything else?"

I nodded and gulped to swallow a ball of emotion, opened a nee document then flipped the pad back to Alyssa.

"Oh, this is about Zac, Kel," Aly said and read raptly.

Kelly leaned over and wrinkled her nose, "Yeah, he's painting my kid as some out of control sex god." she huffed, "No thank you."

Aly looked at Kelly, "Sweetheart, the whole first series was about you being an out of control sex goddess. It seems to follow that..."

"Stop it," Kelly said sternly, "He is my baby boy!" and turned to look at the window stiff as a board.

"Seems like you have some good conflict to work through," Aly said looking back at me.

"Would you want to make her mad??" I said tilting my head at the still fuming Kelly.

"Well, yes," Aly said, "You'd have to be careful about that."

She looked at me.

I looked at her.

She looked at me.

I looked at her.

"Well, if it's too much of a challenge," she said, "We understand, c'mon girls."

"No wait," I said and they froze, "You think I could do it?"

"Well, you did fashion an entire fictitious world that combined lore of myth, religion and modernity into a fairly refreshing read." she said with a shrug.

"You could give it a go," she said simply, "see what's there."

"Well," I stammered, "I'm busy with a lot of things..."

"Oh of course, we wouldn't want to put you out." Aly said and slid to the edge of the booth.

"Well wait," I said, "I was thinking about, well what if..."

Aly smiled and leaned to stand up, leaned over the table and kissed me on my forehead, and then slid out of the booth and stood up.

"That's what I want to hear, Hank." she said, "Just keep writing, and we'll see you in your dreams.

They disappeared and the waitress brought me my food. I started eating and then flipped back to the Literotica site and logged in. I thought to myself, let's see what's changed.

"Oh I can write right in the app, in my profile..." I thought to myself as my fingers started taping out a stream of words, then sentences and paragraphs.

"Showed that muse who was boss, this time." I said to myself as an hour passed, and words continued to flow.

HankDolworth
HankDolworth
1,447 Followers