How to Destroy a Perfect Marriage Ch. 06

Story Info
The end.
7.5k words
3.4
82.8k
62

Part 6 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 10/14/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
danoctober
danoctober
384 Followers

"The fact of the matter is that the world does not care about you or me, our hopes, our desires, or our dreams. And, the world of dreams, hopes, and desires that is constructed between our ears it is not necessarily a reflection of what is actually going on around us."
― Miyamoto Musashi

Upon exiting the Holiday Inn, Dan's first sight was of his mother-in-law's familiar white Dodge Caravan. She had his three children with her. Carrie's mom had opened the van's right-side door to let the children move around a bit in the empty parking space next to hers. When his children notice him, they all came up together at once like a tiny little mob screaming, "Daddy...Daddy..Daddy!"

Well, this...was...just...splendid.

It took less than 2 seconds for Dan to take in the entire picture before him. Oddly, there were no feelings of panic gripping him. Confusion at first, but almost immediately he knew he was BUSTED. Done deal. No bull-shitting his way out of this. Carrie was probably going to kill him. In a detached sort of way, Dan immediately accepted that. Bring it on. Just bring all the crazy on. From this point onward, the only four words came to mind now when dealing with Carrie about this. Tell her the truth. Be calm and try to remember whatever questions she asked, just tell her the truth.

What was the truth? That's a tough one. His ego from the beginning had been working 24/7 and had him covered like a blanket. In Dan's imagination land, after spending hours of carefully editing and then weeks of repeatedly watching different versions of the same shit, over and over again, he had blown his own mind. There was never any pleasure viewing the videos. They were a source of extreme sadness every viewing. That translated into a hurt that if it had been a nuclear bomb would have destroyed millions of lives. In Dan's imagination land anyway.

This experience had Dan questioning everything meaningful he had achieved in his life. His relationship with Carrie, buying a home, the wisdom having children, and even his occupation of choice. But worse of all was the nagging feeling this was all his fault. He had allowed Carrie this experience and evened videoed it. Idiot. He should have just put his foot down and drawn the line. That was the move to make. Dope! Sorry, no refunds.

But right now?

Right now, Dan was smiling. It was a habit of his. When he would find himself in a stressful situation his natural reflex was to smile. It was like a mask. Put on a pleasant face and be calm.

And that's exactly what he wore as he walked towards this insane circus act
unfolding before his eyes.

>>>>>>>>>

Hearing her grandchildren call out 'Daddy', Carrie's mom turned her attention up from the children to see Dan coming towards her. Good. Thank goodness. He was here.

To say she had affection for her son-in-law would have been an understatement. She adored Dan. Throughout the years he had not only proven his commitment to her daughter and her grandchildren, Dan had proven it to her and her husband with his willingness to apart of their family. They would bring the two families together for all anniversaries, birthdays and the holidays. What Carrie had found attractive in Dan, she had too. A nice, responsible, handsome young man. It had been perfect. Now this nonsense. In her heart of hearts, the only question that came was, "My darling Carrie, what have you've done?"

As the children ran towards their father, Carrie's mom looked towards Dan, then smiled and waved, "Good Morning Dan!".

Carrie's mother looked at her son-in-law and gently smiled. Carrie's mother was stuck in the middle and was a little more than uncomfortable being there. She couldn't be angry with him for her daughter's nonsense. She was proud to have him as a son-in-law. She didn't want Carrie to flip out earlier, but by the time Carrie had finished her story in the park, she knew her daughter may have destroyed a perfect marriage. Well, about as perfect as any marriage gets. This thought had her feeling not very happy with her little girl and that thought was turning slowly into anger. It happens. You always get the angriest with the ones you love the most.

Like when a child runs out in the traffic chasing a ball and is almost hit by a car. The upset driver yells out the window, "Open your eyes you stupid kid, you're going to get yourself killed." Then shakes his head, but still drives on.

Another driver experiences the same thing, but they don't yell at the child. The slam the brakes to a screeching halt, stop the car, get out, chase the child down and when they catch them, they whip the kid's ass in the street. Who was that? That was one of the child's parent. The parents love the child so much, they spank them as a warning of the danger of running into the street without watching the traffic. To think about the consequences what they are doing. This is where Carrie's mum was at.

WTF Carrie!

Carrie's mother appeared calm on the surface but really wanted to blow up in her daughter's face. Was her own daughter too stupid to believe that nonsense wouldn't affect Dan? What was that little twit thinking? Carrie had it all. A good husband, healthy children and a good life. Carrie's mother had made a similar mistake many years ago and had almost lost it all. Was she a bad mother? Had what happened, just been a rash mistake or the fact the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree? She understood, yet she was angry with Carrie. That would have to wait for later.

At this moment in time, she was determined to help the young couple anyway she could. That help would start right away by being as light and calm as possible. She knew, Dan knew he was busted. This was a worse situation a husband and wife could ever find themselves in. This little surprise party for Dan by her daughter could quickly escalate totally out of control.

This, we could not allow to happen. No, we could not. Over her dead body.

Carrie's mum was determined she wouldn't leave unless she was sure both those two kids were in control of themselves. But this whole story?

This whole story was incredibly stupid!

Now that she knew what was going on between them as husband and wife, her mind was spinning. As she watched the children rush to their father, a silly thought crossed her mind, "Shame they're no 'parenting books' on this kind of thing."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

As his children came rushing up, Dan bent his knees and opened his arms for a group hug. Their faces expressed the cheerfulness of their youth and when they hit him all at once, he nearly lost his balance. He pulled them all close and kissed each one on the top their head. Dan gave them one more group hug, stood back up, straighten his suit, then he walked directly towards his mother-n-law with that slightly embarrassed although pleasant, unassuming smile on his face, "What a surprise to see you here..."

What a handsome young man. Yes, he was behaving badly now. But, after hearing Carrie's story, my gosh, she felt for him. This had been a very strange morning. What was stranger was Dan didn't know she knew everything. What did she know? She knew her daughter and husband were pretty far out there.

It's strange for a parent to find out one of their children and spouse were as adventurous as these two had been. There's not a lot you can do with that kind of information as a parent. It's just pops into the mind at the strangest times when they visit. One thing for sure, she would never be able to look at them both again the same way at Christmas dinner. That sweet, wholesome family image they had going for themselves was a bit skewed now. This was one of those bits of information never to be mentioned again and you carry to your grave.

Carrie's mother was an older version of Carrie. An attractive woman who took care of herself and still turning heads. As heavy as this situation could be, she was trying to lighten things up a bit and being cheeky at the same time, "Carrie heard you called in sick and went to see your family doctor. Did he move his office here?"

With the expression of a kid caught with his hand in a cookie jar, Dan pulled himself up to his full height, shook his head, then suddenly found his shoes interesting to look at, "No mom, his office is not here."

Well, there it is. Quickly looking back up, 'Mom, you and I need to talk sometime. Alone. Things have not been all that well in the Wilson household these past couple weeks... but that's for later. Now I need to ask you a big favor. A great big favor. Please take the children home. Right now. I need to speak with Carrie, and I'm not sure, but things might get...very emotional. The children don't need to see that. Please? Okay?"

Carrie's mother touched his arm, warmly looked into his eyes, and gently smiled to ease Dan into the extent of her knowledge of this whole mess, "Danny, don't be upset. But I understand what's going on. Carrie told me everything that happened. Everything. I will never say a word to anyone ever. I promise that. But you two need some help. I'm not sure I have the whole picture, but I can't help either of you with what's going on. But remember this Dan, we are all one big family who loves you all so much. All marriages have their bumps in the road. You two work this thing out and get on with your lives... together."

Hmm...sure...of course Carrie told her mother and surprisingly, he wasn't even angry. Dan knew that night after they had returned home from Carrie's fantasy fuck this was all going to come out eventually. Not something you want out there as public knowledge, but this kind of stuff gets out. Now that he had Janet by his side, what was the worst that could be said about their marriage? They have an open marriage? So, they have sex outside their marriage? Big deal... but fuck, that would be a big deal. So...minimize and contain it.

"Yeah, about that...", Dan looked over to see Carrie leaning over his car with one hand on the roof. She was saying something to Janet he couldn't make out, "Mom, this is really not as bad as it looks right now. But I really need to speak with Carrie now. Focus my full attention on things here. Right now."

To move things along more smoothly, obviously the solution was to throw cash at it. Opening his wallet, he pulled out four twenties and handed them, "Here's some money for some lunch or something. And don't wor...".

"Dan, I'm taking the children home for the weekend. It was Carrie's idea. We were going to the doctor's office to see you. I guess she saw you or car first."

Looking over the roof of the van towards Carrie again and letting out a sigh, "yes, she certainly is a clever girl...", then turning to his mother-n-law, "Which is one of the reasons I married her. So now what?".

Carrie's mom looked Dan directly in the eyes with real concern in her voice asked, "Dan, are you okay? Carrie is terribly upset now. And I know you are too. All of this nonsense must have been a terrible strain on you."

Her sympathetic tone almost snapped Dan in half right there. Dan's mother-in-law was like a second mother to him. For two weeks, Dan had carried this terribly, hurtful, crushing secret alone. For her to acknowledge he must have been hurt by everything was almost too much. That knocked that stupid smile right off his face.

Seeing his change in demeanor concerned her. Nevertheless, she needed to make her concerns heard, so she smiled and kept it light, "Please Danny, don't be offended. I've known you more than half your life and trust you completely, but I can't leave Carrie alone in this situation unless you convince me right here, right now, that this is not going to get out of control with police dogs involved and me having to come down and bail you all out of jail?".

Dan saw the twinkle in his mother-n-law's eyes as she said that. This was good. Thank goodness, she was who she was.

Dan returned his mask of calm and assured Carrie's mum he was under control of himself, but he could see she had some doubts. The situation became crystal clear to Dan. Be honest with his mother-n-law. Let the chips fall where they may. This was just another car being added to the long train of events that it's engine appeared to be hell-bent on driving his marriage off the rails. Nothing to do but hang on for the ride.

"Okay, mom...I got to say something you already know. That woman in the car and I were going to spend all day here. I have the key to the door of the room in my pocket. I don't want to deal with this situation in the parking lot of the Holiday Inn. I don't believe Carrie would want Janet over our place and I don't think Janet would be too keen to have us over for a visit. So, here's a plan to keep this contained. Are you with me?"

"Go on..."

"Okay, just hear me out a second. I am going to try to get those two into the same room I had...ehm...taken today...so we can all talk this out in a neutral place. This is where I need your help mom. I know you don't feel good about all this and to tell the truth I've had better days myself.

So, stay.

They have a very nice restaurant inside and if you would take the kids inside get them some pancakes and hot chocolate, you would be close by and only a call away. You have both Carrie's and mine number. I will speak with Carrie and Janet and hopefully we will resolve this... at least for today. After that, who knows, Carrie and I will have to work on whatever is left of our marriage. I really don't know..."

Dan had to turned away before concluding, "If only...If only Carrie had only been more like you mom..."

When he turned back Carrie's mother looked like she was about to cry before she threw herself into hug him. She held onto him briefly like her life depended on it before she realized what she was doing and then quickly released him.

The guilt she felt at betraying her own husband at a party so many years ago was always with her. Worse was him finding out. She didn't deserve those words and the shame of hearing them washed over her for an instant. If Carrie only understood how hard the journey before her was, she might just give up now. But Carrie would be taking it with Dan. Together they could do this.

Backing up and pulling herself together, "Oh sorry about that little outburst emotion Dan, but that was the sweetest compliment I've heard in awhile. What you need to do now is go talk to them both, and if they agree, I want a word with Carrie before you go to the room. "

Then Carrie's mom put on a bad impression of a stern face, "Now you two both start behaving yourselves. You have these beautiful children and life together. Okay?"

Dan, paused, then stepped forward, hugged his mother-in-law briefly, stepped back, looked into her eyes and simply replied, "Thanks mom, thank you for everything. Now let's do this."

And that's the way Dan's makeshift plan rolled.

>>>>>>>

Carrie spoke with her mom in the restaurant before exiting into the lobby to meet the two want-to-be fuck buddies. Her mum had neatly spelled out to Carrie her only job right fucking now was to get Dan back in the house... tonight! That was it. To do that, Carrie had drop her pride and not argue with Dan. STFU! One day at a time. Carrie's mom was so annoyed with her daughter she was about ready to pop herself. All the horrible struggles to save her own marriage was giving Carrie's mum PTSD. Her mum's anger came from reliving the trematic times of struggle to save her own marriage. Who could Carrie have been so stupid. But she had be stupid too. Her anger came from considering she might have passed that "stupid" gene to her daughter. Her anger at Carrie was the same as the anger she felt for herself. Though shit for Carrie's mom.

Carrie herself? She felt pretty good right now and was ready to spar. Carrie's emotional ride on this rollercoaster was on the upswing and she was much more in control than you could imagine. Considering everything. Seriously, Carrie had plenty to be annoyed with.

(1) She was worried sick when she found out Dan had gone to the doctors because he wasn't feeling well. He was hurt. She would nurse him back. She'd planned on giving Dan her undivided attention this weekend. Well, that would not change. Carrie wasn't superficial like that and could focus quite well under pressure. Just the direction of that undivided attention would change. >>>>>>>

(2) She felt the hand of the Lord in this. What are the odds she would catch Dan calling in sick at work so he could fuck around with that skinny, cheap, skanky, black whore bitch behind her back?

Not in this lifetime. No way!

(3) And what was this little fuck party costing them?

Yes, THEM. Dan's money was her money too and she watch every dime and nickel she spent in the household very carefully. How much were the hotel rooms in this place? This place was much nicer than the place they had been to. Carrie had chosen that motel to save money. She was totally out of sorts because Dan was spending money like he didn't have children to take care of and clothe. What kind of responsible father thinks like that?

(4) Before she reached the doors to enter the Holiday Inn, she glanced at her reflection in the outside lobby door. She was disgusted at that unattractive woman with no makeup in her mom clothes. So disgusted she had to glace away from the ugly reflection before her to pull the door open. Even women in the hotel cleaning staff were dressed better. This wasn't fair.

Carrie mentally cringed when she saw the two of them standing together patiently waiting for her arrival. Of course, Dan was wearing one of his nicer daily business suits. But Janet, (who was probably nothing more than a crack whore), was dressed even MORE fashionable than previous evening. If anything, Janet looked even more beautiful in full daylight. Now Carrie had seen everything. A supermodel crack whore.

When she returned to the lobby from the restaurant, that last thought had Carrie's panties in a bunch. This was the SECOND time she had met Janet in her mom clothes. And with no makeup. She was an attractive woman too. Didn't Dan see that anymore? Seeing them together both dressed like they were on a date, knowing what they had been planning without her knowledge suddenly was all too much.

Fuck this shit. Fuck Everybody! Carrie just wanted to leave. Fuck all this and fuck Dan most of all! No man was worth this humiliation. Standing about ten feet away, without a word, Carrie turned and started for the lobby doors to the parking lot. She would never, ever allow them the pleasure to see her cry.

but...

Thing about being married, after a while the smallest gestures can express a lot. The very second Carrie began to 'slightly' turn her shoulder toward the lobby doors, Dan was next to her in a flash before she had made two steps. He stood in front of her blocking her way to leave.

Carrie looked up at the man she had married, her husband, and wanted to die. How could he do this to her? She had lost him to another woman. He was no longer interested in her that way.

Dan gently reached out and held her hand, "Please Carrie, please, let's go up to the room and talk. We need to talk about things. Things that need to be said, but we can't say them here in the lobby."

Carrie searched Dan's face, "I know you known her some time. Don't lie to me Danny. How long?"

"Carrie, I'll be completely honest about anything you ask. But the simple answer needs context and..."

Carrie was feeling a slow burn returning but remembered her mum's warning, "Give me the simple answer then."

"I will if you promise to come up and talk."

Janet had been looking down at her phone and wondered how long it would take her ride to get here and pick her up. This was not the day she was planning. She should never have canceled her office appointments today. Anyway...

danoctober
danoctober
384 Followers