How To Find Fundamentalist's Errors

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Battle for God, A History of Fundamentalism, Armstrong, Karen, A Ballantine book, div. of Random House, 2000. This is maybe the most complete and readable book on Fundamentalism. Ms. Armstrong is not only an excellent researcher and a marvelous author, but also gives you facts that are easy to verify.

The Bible Unearthed, Finklestein, Israel, and Silberman, Neil Asher, 2002, Touchstone. This is a very important book. Mr. Finklestein is out of Tel Aviv University, and Mr. Silberman out of Ename Center for Public Archeology and Heritage Presentation in Belgium; both are archeologists. Their book is major for what is, and what is not, in the history of Israel/Judah.

Heretics, The Creation of Christianity from the Gnostics to the Modern Church, Wright, Jonathan, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2011. This is one of the most interesting books I have read lately. It is far reaching, informative, and easy to read.

The Historical David, The Real Life of an Invented Hero, Baden, Joel, Harper Collins, 2013. Another recent read that is informative and easy to read; considers logically what the bible may be really saying about David. It makes one think and wonder what was explicitly held back, and how one can extrapolate using what is written.

A History of Israel from Alexander the Great to Bar Kochba, Jagersma, Henk, Fortress Press, 1985. This book gives a close look at Israel in the time of Alexander the Great and after his death, along with a detailed look at the wars that eventually led to the Book of Daniel, the life of the Jews, the rise of the Pharisees, the Maccabees and their later foolishness, Jesus, Herod, etc. It is very detailed, yet easy to read and understand. If you wish to get a good feel for how the Apocalyptic coming of the Messiah really began and how it came into developing into the over hyped belief in it, especially by the Apostle Paul and ultimately, the Catholic Church, this book will open your eyes.

Life In Year One, What the World Was Like in First-Century Palestine; Korb, Scott, Riverhead Books, 2010. This is a fascinating, eye-opening look at what it was like to live in the Palestine, including Galilee, in the time of Jesus. It provides an incredible view of what it was like for some of the Apostles who hailed from Capernaum such as Peter and his brother Andrew, and how its people must have lived—and much more.

One last book that I've very recently read is Revelations, Visions, Prophecy, & Politics in the book of Revelation, Pagels, Elaine, Viking, 2012. No, this book is not all about the last book of the New Testament, Revelation, in and of itself, but it has a bit about it. What she presents is a little known publicly about how Christianity came about, and it is shocking in several ways. Ms. Pagels is a well known and respected biblical researcher.

Quite some time ago, after being disenchanted with the too clubby-ness of churches, and I had found out some of the truths of the lies, I know I sort of shut down—I wanted to be a good Christian—I thought.

When I finally accepted that it wasn't what I thought, or what it was supposed to be, I lucked up on a few books, and I still wanted to say it couldn't be so. But checking what they said against the bible to try to disprove what I'd read, I found that the bible just wasn't correct.

Not many people know how all came about, how Christianity happened. There really was no Christianity, though Ignatius of Antioch tried to make it so. It took over two hundred years to finally do that, and the main players were the Roman Emperor Constantine and the apostle Paul, but perhaps more than Paul was a man named Athanasius.

He's the one that gave us the canon of the bible as we have it now in the Protestant bibles, and every book of the Protestant bible is in the Catholic bible, but it took over another hundred years for it to be certified.

Athanasius was a secretary to the then bishop of Alexandria, Egypt, but he's the one who steered the defeat of Arianism, the doctrine that was splitting the Christian church. Yes, a secretary, or so says Ms. Pagels. Frankly, I believe her though I've still to verify it. I've verified Athanasius as leading the charge against Arianism, and you can do so easily too.

The church had been persecuted by order of Diocletian, and then Domitian, and pretty severely. Suddenly, almost in the blink of an eye, it all changed, as Ms. Pagels itemizes, and that I have verified too as any who wonders should verify also. Unlike the churches, these books, and myself included, want you to check out what the books say, and what I've written. Fundamentalists, I believe, use the King James bible or the Revised Standard Version, or the New Revised Standard Version. Whatever, they are wrong in what they say—the bible is full of errors. Don't take my word for it, check it out.

To get back to just after the persecutions, the over inflated egos came out in full force, and why not, as Ms. Pagels writes, and often with the proofs.

I've added this last book as this may be the last essay I'll write. I will, as long as Lit allows it, leave the stories and essays up though.

* * * *

I know that I've posted these statements below in my last essay, as well as in others, including a story, but they're worth repeating. If you've read them before, I think it's worth rereading them for they're still at it. Maybe not as some of those below had said, but you can tell by all of their continuing objections in the courts where they continue to fight same-sex marriage, but in the laws they're trying to pass in Texas as I noted above. Don't let the Pope's making nice, and certainly not the Mormon church either, fool you. They're going with how the wind seems to lead them, as they feel things are ultimately leading to equal treatment under the law for everyone, and not just those in their community of believers.

Ultimately they have a false religion that many, if not most of them, know is false. Modern research and an open press is pealing away the curtains that the truth of the lies is exposing.

Here they are again:

* * * *

The barrage of anti-gay sermons delivered by North Carolina-based pastors to hit the blogosphere continues with yet another disturbing rant caught on tape.

The pastor...Charles L. Worley of Providence Road Baptist Church in Maiden, N.C., condemns President Obama's [endorsement of same sex marriage], whilecalling for gays and lesbians to be put in an electrified pen and ultimately killed off. [Bold mine]

"Build a great, big, large fence—150 or 100 mile long—put all the lesbians in there," Worley suggests in the clip, reportedly filmed on May 13.

He continues:"Do the same thing for the queers and the homosexuals and have that fence electrified so they can't get out...and you know what, in a few years, they'll die out...do you know why? They can't reproduce!"

He also said that if he's asked who he'll vote for, he'll reply, "I'm not going to vote for a baby killer and a homosexual lover!" Many of the congregants cheer and reply, "Amen."

The pastor's comments seem in line with statements made by Ron Baity, founding pastor of Berean Baptist Church in Winston-Salem and head of the anti-marriage equality organization Return America, who told his own congregation that lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) be prosecuted as they were historically, and was originally shown as a link] and Pastor Sean Harris of the Berean Baptist Church in Fayetteville[who advocated punching the child—was a link]if he is effeminate and "crack that wrist" if he is limp-wristed.

Ron Baity, founding pastor of Winston-Salem's Berean Baptist Church and head of the anti-marriage equality organization Return America, referred to homosexuality as "a perverted lifestyle" in a Sunday sermon before telling his congregation that lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people should be prosecuted, Good as You is reporting. "For 300 years, we had laws that would prosecute that lifestyle," he is quoted as saying. "We've gone down the wrong path.

Victoria Jackson: Homophobia Is 'Buzzword Of Liberal Agenda'

The former "Saturday Night Live" star and now Tea Party activist sparked national furor when she [criticized "Glee" for showing a same-sex kiss—was a link] in a column for WorldNetDaily. In the column, Jackson wrote in response to an emotional, long awaited kiss between Kurt (Chris Colfer) and Blaine (Darren Criss). "Did you see "Glee" this week? Sickening! And, besides shoving the gay thing down our throats, they made a mockery of Christians - again! I wonder what their agenda is? Hey, producers of "Glee" - what's your agenda? One-way tolerance?" She later appeared on "Showbiz Tonight" to clarify her thoughts. "Well, it doesn't matter what I think," Jackson said."What matters is what the Bible says. [Bold mine.]And I'm really concerned about our country because immorality is, well, let's see: secular humanism rules the airwaves, and it's stealing the innocence away from this whole generation of children. My daughter is a teenager and I can't find any show that she can watch." With that diatribe, Jackson was asked, based on her remarks, both in the column and in the interview, whether she was homophobic. "That's a cute little buzzword of the liberal agenda," Jackson smirked."Basically, the Bible says that homosexuality is a sin." [Bold mine.]

A Mississippi state lawmaker quoted a Bible passage on]Facebookcalling for gay men to be"put to death" [Bold and underline mine.]has taken to the social networking site again to refuse to apologize for the remark.

Rep. Andy Gipson (R-Braxton) Friday to say that although he has been receiving emails and calls [with regard to his statement],he will not say he's sorry. [Bold mine.]The emails have come in response to a petition calling on the lawmaker to issue an apology and to meet with LGBT groups in Mississippi.

"To be clear, I want the world to know that I do not, cannot, and will not apologize for the inspired truth of God's Word. It is one thing that will never 'change,'" [Bold mine]Gipson wrote. "Anyone who knows me knows I also believe that all people are created in God's image, and that all people are loved by God, so much so that He gave us the truth of His Word which convicts us of the reality and guilt of our sin, and He gave us His Son Jesus who paid the full penalty for all our sins, by His grace through our faith in Him as we repent of our sin. It is this message that I preach every Sunday. I sincerely pray God will reach someone through this message."

Gipson is a Baptist minister [Bold mine.]anda business lawyer [Bold mine.]when not serving in the Legislature. He notes... that his family are "of the Christian faith, and areaffiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention." [Bold mine.]

The passage from Leviticus that Gipson first cited reads: "If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

On Facebook at least, Gipson has received overwhelming support for his original comments and his refusal to apologize. Eighty-three people have "liked" his post, and he's received dozens of supportive comments, including praise for supporting God and sticking to his original message.

"I stand with you my friend. ... GOD is in control ... no place for Gays," Ted W. Cole.

Gipson, 35, has served in the Mississippi Legislature since 2008. He chairs a judiciary committee.

* * * *

To one and all, I wish you luck in the discovery of how religion was used to enrich the egotistical, and the long and crooked journey to the making of social and cultural virtual genes that have been enslaving all of us making us like robots, and persecuting those who feel they're just not as they're told that everyone should be.

Again, no "testimony", witnessing, or quarreling with what is written here. If you have the courage to be objective, then use your bible to see if I've written anything incorrectly from it. To the rest, I wish you much love and peace of mind.

w

12
  • COMMENTS
2 Comments
Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 9 years ago
where are the graves ??

The story of the Exodus claims over a million people wandering in a desert, commanded to stay there until a generation of them dies off.

Mummified remains last a very long time in that climate.

Where are the graves of that many people?

luedonluedonabout 9 years ago
It's a worry

When people use a book of fairy stories to guide their lives.

It's even worse when they use it to tell other people how to live their lives.

Share this Story

Similar Stories

How To Break the Literotica Toplist The formula in each category.in How To
A Blizzard & the Night of Firsts A storm forces a virgin to find warmth with 3 women.in First Time
The Swallow The juice that makes you a cum addict.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
My Summer Wife Teacher learns that his in-laws have a great tradition.in Loving Wives
Impregnation Pt. 01 Rachael gets bred by a guy that she just cannot say no to.in Fetish
More Stories