All Comments on 'How to Kill the Internal Editor'

by PrinceThelo

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
OVERLANDOVERLANDover 15 years ago
FINALE

Just thought that you might have had the sparks from the flames from 'Bill's' blazing body set fire to your house and/or your car in the garage. Maybe even your wife (if you have one)!

michchick98michchick98over 15 years ago
Too funny....

I don't have any available trees to hang my internal editor from, but I can do the burning thing....maybe in an open field. Thanks for the (oh so true) laugh.

RaLaWritesRaLaWritesover 15 years ago
Funny but true!

I loved this because it was hilarious but also very true. That inner voice can be a son of a bitch and very hard to stifle. Worst of all, it can make even the most impassioned writer self-conscious about their work.

Thanks for writing and posting this!

KillerRomanceKillerRomanceover 15 years ago
I wonder

if I could do the same thing to Butch. LOL. I had a good laugh reading this. Thanks for posting(: <3 KR, Lillian.

Steven_JewellSteven_Jewellover 15 years ago
Thanks ....

.... I needed that.

PrincessErinPrincessErinover 15 years ago
So True!

A great article and so true. Sometimes you just have to stop thinking and write.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
um, you need that guy, sorry

I keep spotting little errors with homophones and such in your works. I think you should resurrect "Bill" sometime.

incubus666incubus666about 15 years ago
O.K, You Prick

You killed Bill but his clone is setting on my left shoulder(Think bar sinister). I have a 400 Gb hard drive filled with story starts, parts, and just beginning ideas. Not only is it the grammar, punctuation, sentence structure. There is the whole idea about where the story is going, where it is now and does any of it flow freely with the beginning? Did I mention spelling? I can't spell worth a damn. I have 3 college degrees and I still can't spell. So when I see one of those red lines under a word I absolutely must stop and fix it. OCD? Not me...well not very much. I don't think. "A hah" said Bills clone. "That is the problem. You don't think. I have to do the thinking for you. Now let me be in peace and I help you fill up the rest of the drive with unfinished and un submitted stories. Bye now I sleep 'till you start scribbling again."

I am sure the clone will wake me up at 3am and remind me how how I could heve writen this better.

A great write.(Clone is bitching in my ear.)

Mike S.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
xD

This was awesome!! XD

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I shall call her, Jill.

And here I thought I was just insane... well, I am. Clinically proven so, but that isn't important. Let's just say, that the inner writer, as you call it, has been so bad, that I emailed a friend of mine in prison, and spent the entire day editing the damn email... to my prison penpal. You dude, are freaking my hero. Now if Literotica will stop sitting on my story they sent back 4x over puncu-fucking-ation, and are now just sitting on. Maybe I can finally move forward with the story, and get through an email before my oenpal's sentence is served.

Thank you for your help, you've made a great accomplise!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I hate when it comes out even worse after the internal editor has done his magic.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous