All Comments on 'How to Tame a Dragon Ch. 08'

by totallyatease

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
thats better ..

last time izzy annoyed me terribly but this is much better she seems much more mature now she just need to make her sister (and everyone else) understand that she likes daniel :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
why are you doing this...

I think I'm beginning to develop some kind of a sixth sense about when the new chapter is out... But please please please stop being a tease...... Going crazy over here... Longer chapters?? Oh I don't know what I want... Just please get it going...

Love

S

GimletEdgeGimletEdgealmost 12 years ago
This wonderful sweet story is like eating peanuts.

Every little taste has you hungering for more. And now that the romance is intensifying, it gets harder and harder to wait for the main course.

I wonder how many people have missed it, thinking that it's a paranormal tale about fire-breathing beasts?

In any event, the story is a delight, and I'm enjoying it very much.

NekoNekoNekoNekoalmost 12 years ago
sigh

You know, someone said about a different story that also had short chapters, that a reader should wait until there are a few chapters posted before reading, that way you read a significant amount of the story without the frustration of short chapters.

As much as I'm keen to do this I think it is detrimental to a story (especially a new story that depends on the number of votes to be considered HOT -unless I'm wrong about that) and then the personal side is that I'm just so damn addicted to the characters that I NEED to read the next chapter even if it IS short!

So as painfully frustrating as these short chapters are, with all your cliffhangers, totallyatease, you are an awesome writer and you have me doing a search for your latest chapter every day in the hopes that you've posted!

renaissancequeenrenaissancequeenalmost 12 years ago
love the story

I am enjoying this story and the development/growth of the characters. I have two comments, though. First, I find your use of semi-colons instead of commas (or their placement when not needed) to have a disruptive affect in the flow as I read the story. And second, you might catch more readers if you changed the story description for each chapter as you have done with your other stories.

Looking forward to more of this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Why is this being dragged out so much and you really need to learn about punctuation.

Sidney43Sidney43almost 12 years ago

I have to agree that the inevitable is being dragged out a bit too long. For crying out loud, if she is a virgin have a talk with Daniel, she is acting like she is a bit mentally impaired and we know she isn't. It is obvious they are attracted to each other, so try and act like adults and communicate. Daniel acts like he is some oversized teenager with raging hormones and Izzy acts like she is thirteen or thereabouts. Couldn't she at least told her sister she was interested in Daniel and to just leave her social life alone???

VeraLynnfanVeraLynnfanalmost 12 years ago
Great storytelling

I have to add my name to the list of those who think that Totallyatease (now, where would one put the spaces if that was to become three words?) has a great talent for telling a story. So much so that one forgives the occasional spelling or punctuational mistake and comments on those privately rather than hanging her out to dry in these public comments.

Since she is obviously still working on this one, I'm going to use the time waiting for the next chapter by taking a look at her other work on here. Presumably she only works on one story at a time, so the others must be complete.

kitty5670kitty5670almost 12 years ago
Boring?

Not hardly. This is wonderful. A breath of fresh air. Two people walking through the maze of life, trials, trouble, anger & romance. It's perfect.

NekoNekoNekoNekoalmost 12 years ago
Hrm...

Something Sidney43 said triggered a thought process in my head...

You have not given us any indication that Izzy has ever been abused, but the way that you are portraying her to be confident in everything except dealing with a man (especially when you keep telling us how protective her sister is of her and how ready Jess is to charge in and kill for her) makes one think that she *has* actually been abused and/or raped and that she is petrified of men/sex for some reason.

Also, I just realised as I was writing this, that you have not told us Izzy's proper name- Isabel or Isabella or Isabelle - which Daniel can use to his own advantahe and give her a nickname of his own.

Speaking of nicknames, I found the scene where Izzy mentioned calling Daniel Dan or Danny very confusing, did he like her calling him by one of those names or did he find it annoying and then in retaliation move his leg against hers to freak her out?

jamac1024jamac1024almost 12 years ago

i think this was written in the style of harlequin romance circa 1980s...i've read those stories and believe me, if you found this story to be drawn out, you'd likely not last one book in that series...it's a long drawn out process of storytelling and then boom! the happily-ever-after ending suddenly happens and it's the last page of the book...yep harlequin romance style of writing!

partial2passionpartial2passionalmost 12 years ago
Hmm

Stumbled upon this nice story and am delighted. I like this story and the characters. I feel that you had a strong begginging but I wish it had that extra umfh.

When she finally mentions her sickness it seems that pneumonia is not as convincing. Maybe it would more compelling with a more severe illness. Or maybe its not that... you keep mentioning how weak and sick she was but maybe a flashback on how she felt while at her worst would make it more interesting.

And its obvious she's a virgin but she keeps acting like she doesn't know anything about anything and is afraid... so maybe as comments below, you can relate the reason why she is this way... maybe previous abuse?

Also Daniel's rough demeanor and overly sexualized behavior seems a little over the top. I love an Alpha man but he doesn't seem to be all there.

You mention in alot of unnecessary detail how they eat breakfast lunch dinner...drink coffee, tea (they drink A LOT of coffee) how she takes a bath, etc. But you don't really further the story along. So I would just try to move the story along towards a climax.

But other than that really nice story! And I look forward to reading more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
A broken reccord

You just rins and repeat. "his lips came down on hers" time and time again. It gets old. This story is shallow, like someone else said, a Harlequin novel, and I dont say that as a compliment. It makes no sense, the characters are not developed. The story is nonexistant, and frankly: boring. The girl, Izzy, acts as if she is a female of Victorian England, but at some point she wore jeans??! The entire story would fit better in the victorian era.

I am sorry, you are not a writer, find something else to do with your time.

The people that buys Harlequin novels will most likely dissagree. But harlequin novels arent litterature, its crap.

Harsh, but sincere.

AmandaSilverAmandaSilverover 11 years ago
High literature it's not, but...

not everything has to be. Sometimes reading is just about escape. And erotica comes in a variety of styles. I enjoy that this is a light read that lets me escape reality for a little while. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't read it. You definitely have talent. And this is by far NOT one of the truly horrid pieces of writing that somehow end up on here; you're able to tell a coherent story and develop some great images.

Of course there's always room for improvement, but criticism should be constructive, offering suggests that will help improve future writing. In fact, one of the biggest issues I find in your writing is your use of commas and semi-colons; they seem to be placed in some odd places that make the reading feel more choppy than it should. However, you've got talent. Keep working at it!

tompo296tompo296about 8 years ago
Re- Aston Martin

I'm sorry to be so picky but an 'Aston Martin' cannot be referred to as a "small sports car"

I am loving your story though :)

Horseman68Horseman68over 5 years ago
The Green-Eyed Monster Emerges.

Beware big jealous men of passion, Izzy. We tend to break things and people with some abandon that come between us and those for which we care.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usertotallyatease@totallyatease
Update: September 15 2014. I have just submitted chapter one of a short story that I have written. It is called A Lady's Dilemma, and it will be a romance - eventually. It is a little bit of fun that I hope you will enjoy. I am currently self publishing some of my longer stor...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories