All Comments on 'Hunters Journey of Self Discovery'

by Cagivagurl

Sort by:
  • 61 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Long winded and tedious. Hunter? Did somebody pat you on the head and tell you "good job"?

blueyes4ublueyes4uabout 2 years ago

wonderful story,luved it

jackie_emjackie_emabout 2 years ago

Great story and I love how you developed it. I did notice some typos but can forgive you for them.

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthereabout 2 years ago

Ok. Loved this. 5 stars. Truly but gosh the typos and mispells!

MigbirdMigbirdabout 2 years ago

“Let the reins go a little, … “ — Annie’s great advice. You created two believable characters in a near perfect example of a “yin and yang” relationship and a wonderfully captivating storyline. Could go on and on about how your piece resonated for me (and I am sure other readers), suffice to say 5 stars.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 2 years ago

A very dramatic, compelling and romantic story. Great writing, and I am looking forward to your next. Five stars, of course. Randi.

greenday0418greenday0418about 2 years ago

Day and night different between "The Proposal" and this story. Beautifully woven into a love story guided by money, lack of money but love, then money with one partner and none for the other, before evening out. A fine representation of the theme.

sandy_parissandy_parisabout 2 years ago

I loved this. I have no idea how anyone could describe it as long winded and tedious. It was long but told an amazing story full of love, angst, grief and passion. Thank you.

metroalmametroalmaabout 2 years ago

Money does make it awkward, but no money is not cool either. This one is a lovely two sided tale a bit Dickensian, riches to rags to riches and all. Of course Charles D would probably be over come with the hot sex, but that would be his problem.

jocko_smithjocko_smithabout 2 years ago

Nice work. I did not find it tedious at all, nothing that didn't add to the story. Sometimes life comes at you fast. Sometimes things take time.

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthereabout 2 years ago

I enjoyed this story very much. Enough to give it 5 stars. But I did not enjoy reading it - so may typos, and misspellings! At least what appeared to be. Almost like a spell checker ripped all the 'w's off of 'was', or do kiwis always use 'as' instead? Other words as well. It was a slog, although I wouldn't say long winded as the other commenter has. I just don't envision an author that obviously spent the time and love on a story as nice as this just not being concerned about the other details....

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnonabout 2 years ago

I liked Hunter and Annie and enjoyed reading about them. I didn't feel that Hunter's mother's change of attitude was adequately explained, but that didn't spoil the two lovers' story. Thank you for sharing.

JusteenKJusteenKabout 2 years ago

Nicely paced love story with the happy ending that I often prefer. Thanks for sharing.

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoabout 2 years ago

Enjoyed it, but, please, please proofread your stories before publishing them

t8ntliklyt8ntliklyabout 2 years ago

I almost gave up halfway through. Glad I didn't! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow, epic! Don’t normally bother with lesbian stuff but this was a sweet little tale. Loved the multi country story. You’re a kiwi legend cagivagurl, keep it up. Nice one.

Candy_Kane54Candy_Kane54about 2 years ago

Great story! Loved it a lot! The shifting dynamics between Annie and Hunter were well done.

nogravynogravyabout 2 years ago

Well plotted, great characterization, great narrative flow. I'm giving 5 Stars in spite of some proofreading issues. Do yourself and your audience a favor and download a free copy of Grammarly. You won't be sorry.

Thanks for an enjoyable read . . .

brownmobbrownmobabout 2 years ago
Im going with NoLongerAnon

More, please, wonderful characters, wonderful story. pity we can only give 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Oh my, good story, but did you buy an extra large box of commas?

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 2 years ago

That worked really well. A sweet, lovely story. 5*.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 2 years ago

Brilliantly done. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Excellent as always! I love your writing, look forward to your next one.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveabout 2 years ago

It what about the kids??? :)

Hooked1957Hooked1957about 2 years ago

Great characters, as usual. Great story. 5 big stars.

Hooked

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story. Five stars. As a backpacker I have being to many of the places described in the story. Your descriptions are outstanding. The last time I visited NZ I stayed at

kati Kati N.R. Great place, great country and great people. Peter Australia

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Love stories where the author takes you places you haven't been. You make us feel like we are there too. I hope you continue with this scenario and characters. Lots more to explore.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireabout 2 years ago

Thanks for this great Money Honey story. I loved how it developed and its depth. The characters were well presented and they, too, grew as the story unfolded. Hunter’s mom was the biggest and happiest surprise, learning to grow and accept change for her daughters’ (yes, both, eventually) happiness. There were quite a few typos but the intent was generally clear, giving a good 5* overall result.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 2 years ago

Excellent story. That was an outstanding progression for Hunter. Entitled heiress to living hand to mouth, all the bumps that happen as relationships grow, to acceptance by the nightmare MIL.

Like @onlythelonelylove wrote: what about kids?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story. well and simply told. One of your best actually and in a category that I never would have read if not part of the Money Honey event. I have always considered you a good writer, one worth reading, but I usually think your stories would be improved if they were 20% shorter. A lot of your storytelling seems to dwell on minutia, but I don't see anything here that should be edited out. I think you hit the sweet spot this time. Well done.

JustloosenmrJustloosenmrabout 2 years ago

Great work, not into the Lesbian theme but enjoyed this one.

The_OutlanderThe_Outlanderabout 2 years ago

Wonderful tale and I enjoyed reading it immensely.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Lovely story 👏👏👏🙏

Anita71Anita71about 2 years ago

love this story

thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A riveting story from start to finish. I watch for your new stories and this was one of the best. A clear 5* story of the growth of three people (yep, Mum included).

FyrscapeFyrscapeabout 2 years ago

What a great story. thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Adorable. Loved it.

rnebularrnebularabout 2 years ago

Like most commenters, I loved this tale and didn't find it at all tedious or boring. A few have mentioned it but there were so many missing W's on words that it felt extremely rushed. There were other mistakes but I can usually just fill in the proper words as I'm reading. The missing W's almost felt intentional if there weren't so many. Great story but it really did need a proof before publication. Thanks for sharing!

NitpicNitpicabout 2 years ago
Very

Very good story.Something different. from the normal mundane offerings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wonderful story, with a tremendous character development for all the main characters. The scenes of the fruit picking life have such vitality, and appreciation of the people, including the lovely couple who look after Hunter when she is down in spite of the woman's alcoholism. The ups and downs of the two main characters as they fail to reveal their lives to each other, and strive to find their feet in the world are beautifully handled. In sumary, a lovely, lively glimpse into other lives; apart from the typos, really don't understand why it does not hit something like 4.90 - can't see how it canrate less than 5.

MaonaighMaonaighabout 2 years ago

I read this story when it first came out, enjoyed it, and meant to leave a comment. I must have been sidetracked by something because I totally overlooked or forgot the comment. So here's a belated 'well done'. Great tale.

DeeSylvanDeeSylvanabout 2 years ago

Another excellent story. One of the best. I was hesitant about reading a story about lesbians, but that was my misfortune to wait. What an adventure for Annie and Hunter experienced things we can dream about. Mum was a bit of a surprise initially to try and drive a wedge between the two, but in the end it was her acceptance of Annie that brought everyone together. Please keep writing Cagivagurl!

fallwatcherfallwatcheralmost 2 years ago

A truly lovely story! Thanks for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Thanks all your contributions are real stories and this is no exception. You write so well and the sex just fits in naturally. I am certainly intending to read a lot more of your stories.

FandeborisFandeborisalmost 2 years ago

You did it again. Another fine story. At first when I looked at the word count I thought it would be a little long. In fact I wasn’t ready for it to end! Annie and Hunter are quite a pair, actually a very in love pair. When Hunter’s made her announcement mI knew things were going to wind up. Still, it was one heck of a ride. Thanks for the journey and thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Another fabulous story thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very good story, misspelled words detracted but not enough to drop a rating . 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Oh my! You bloody awful person! This middle aged man is mopping up tears. Thank you for this story.

Reading_is4funReading_is4funover 1 year ago

I like this story very much… very nicely written… Annie‘s reactions to money a bit extreme…5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Possibly even better 2nd time around. Thanks for all your stories, you write so well

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I absolutely love your stories. Just the best!!!

AquariusgirlAquariusgirlabout 1 year ago

I loved this so much! Every time I read another of your stories, I seem to end up having a new favourite one. I have to say it takes me a little longer reading them, with me being British... I keep reading them in my head with a Kiwi accent 😂 (I feel it's a must for character-appreciation). I can't wait to read even more of your future stories, if they're even half as good as this one, they'll be amazing!

Thanks again ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 1 year ago

Yes being lobed for the person you are and not for money or beauty or fame or else ….. yes thats truly a fact for people in such positions, does this partner love my assets or me ….. so Hunters and Annies road movie was spectacular, hunters stepping down from the penthouse to the farmland, working hard but discovering life was wonderful to follow ….. the sadness about an ending lifetime, the death of a beloved one can break you totally and is a dramatic experience ….. after alll love won again and you wrote another amazing tale

Thank you for this 💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫🍀

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 1 year ago

Yes being lobed for the person you are and not for money or beauty or fame or else ….. yes thats truly a fact for people in such positions, does this partner love my assets or me ….. so Hunters and Annies road movie was spectacular, hunters stepping down from the penthouse to the farmland, working hard but discovering life was wonderful to follow ….. the sadness about an ending lifetime, the death of a beloved one can break you totally and is a dramatic experience ….. after alll love won again and you wrote another amazing tale

Thank you for this 💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫🍀

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

What a remarkable journey.

From a rebellious daughter yearning to be free from the 'gilded cage' to the growth and awareness of a burgeoning strong heroine. (Like the 'princess and the pauper' or Annie is liken to Esmeralda from the ' hunchback of Daddy's accountancy.

Then the self realization 'world tour' like in Mitchener's ' Caravansai'.

Happy ending for the family.

strawboystrawboyabout 2 months ago

I'm working my way down the alphabetical order of your work. I've enjoyed all of it. This one is as good as the best of them.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCagivagurl@Cagivagurl
Please do not ask for permission to rewrite any of my stories. The answer is no. The stories and characters within, are mine. I created them, they are mine and mine alone. Save yourself the time and don't ask. If I do not respond to your attempts at contact. It is because I do...