Hunter's Moon

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Militsa returned a few minutes later, startling her; she had heard no footsteps upon the floor boards. The woman carried a wooden tray with two steaming cups upon it. More interested in the figure carrying the tray than the cups, she focused on the face as she re-entered the room. Now facing the lamp, she finally had a clear view of her enigmatic host. Her breath caught in her throat as the face came into focus, the questions she had readied dissolving away as she gazed upon this ethereal beauty.

Her skin was pale, so pale in fact that illuminated by the lamp it almost seemed to glow with its own luminescence. Delicate elfin features, narrow jaw, straight and slightly upturned nose, fine eyebrows sharply angled above the cat-flicked piercing eyes of pale green, which also seemed to shine with their own inner light. Curved lips that though relaxed seemed to smile of their own volition, curved and prominent cupid's bow giving the appearance of both humour and seduction simultaneously. Sophia had never seen a face like it, even in the imaginings of artists; almost magical and inhuman, it brought to mind the stories of elves and fae folk she had read in childhood.

Her mind now blank, mouth agape, Sophia could do nothing but stare at Militsa, her eyes trying to take in all of her at once, to see each and every feature in all its beautiful detail. Setting down the tray, the dark haired enchantress returned to Sophia's side and looked down at her, smiling slightly. Her eyes had an eternal ageless quality and she felt as though the woman looked through her flesh to her very soul. Her skin was flawless, impossibly so; not a line in sight to betray her age, creasing only here and there with a smile or narrowing of her hypnotic eyes before returning to almost child-like perfection.

"Did you decide in what order you wish to ask your questions?" The silken voice did nothing to break Sophia's almost trance-like delirium.

"Who are you?" She had already asked this but as Militsa herself had said, merely a name meant nothing.

"Who and what I am are unimportant at this time, Sophia." She smiled, her eyes glinting almost mischievously in the lamp light. "Ask your other questions. I will explain everything in turn." She reached down and with gentle but firm hands, helped raise her patient to sitting, propping cushions behind her back and head to support her stiff and aching neck. The skin of her hands was as perfect as that of her face, only the knuckles showing the expected creases.

As she steadied herself, Sophia's hand brushed against one of them and she almost gasped at the sensation. Smooth as silk, slightly cool, but something more.... an almost electric tingle that she felt, not just in her hand, but that seemed to spread from the contact to fill her body with its energy. It was primal, sensual and Sophia felt the familiar tingle of arousal just as she had when she and Katherine had kissed. Her attraction to this mysterious woman was undeniable; she felt mesmerised by her and she already knew that she would do anything to remain here, in this house and Militsa's enchanting presence.

Sophia tried to clear her mind; arousal aside, she had questions that needed answering and she felt like her mind was swimming through fog. "OK, from tonight's beginning," she began in earnest. "I remember running, falling. I assume I hit my head and blacked out. Then what? How did you find me? How long was I out? How did you get me here?" That would do for a start, she thought.

"I found you because you were never lost to me. I have watched you for a long time, my darling child and I would let no harm befall you, no matter the source of it. You were unconscious for at least an hour, time enough for me to carry you to a waiting carriage and bring you here." She held out a cup full of still steaming herbal concoction. Sophia jumped a little; somehow Militsa had gone from the bed to the table and back without noticing she'd even moved. Assuming her delirium and knock on the head were responsible, she considered the brew for a moment as her mind played over the answer to the first part of her question. '...you were never lost to me. I have watched you for a long time...'

"Drink, it will ease your pain and help you relax," said Militsa soothingly. She placed her fingers gently on Sophia's hands, urging the cup toward her lips, drawing a small shiver from the girl at the touch of skin. "A blend of ginger, cinnamon, liquorice, willow bark and valerian root, sweetened with honey."

Sophia sniffed it, smelling the familiar scents, sipped a little, tasted it, then took a larger draught; it was good, the burn of ginger and cinnamon seeming to spread from her tummy to the aches and pains. "You've watched me for a long time? How long? How, even? That makes little sense to me, I'm sorry." She sensed no threat from Militsa but the mystery of this woman had revealed another aspect.

"In truth, I've watched you grow from a charming young girl, to a poetic, romantic young woman who reads and writes in the moonlight, who dances naked in the woods on spring nights when the trees blossom and enjoys the pleasures of feminine flesh. The soul of a philosopher, the heart of a poet, mind and body in harmony with nature; you, my darling girl, are the very best that humanity can offer and I have been enchanted as I've watched you grow." Militsa's eyes seemed to sparkle as she spoke and Sophia drank in the sight of her, sensing the affection behind the truth of her words.

"How is this possible? You look no older than I.... How came you to watch me and from where, since I had no inkling of ever being so observed?" There was a thrill to it, though, she could not deny it. The thought of this beautiful enchantress watching her as she danced naked under the moon excited her and the tingle of desire grew stronger.

"Needless to say I am older than I appear," came the reply. Sophia wasn't sure if she'd heard the words aloud or within her mind and though she felt better for the brew, she could not shake the delirium that enveloped her when Militsa spoke or their eyes met. "Much older." That was definitely said aloud. "I saw you kiss Katherine for the first time, witnessed your love making, felt the passion of that and your loss when she left. I saw you kiss Elizabeth this very night, though she was already broken and your enchantment was more than she could bear. A shame, for both you and she but it was not meant to be."

While the words made sense, Sophia was confused by the entire conversation. This strange woman whom she had never before laid eyes on had watched her grow from a child? The things she seemed to know supported what she said but it still made no sense. How could she have seen these things? How could she have watched for so long?

"I have lived in this house since your Father was a child." Militsa's velvet tones broke her reverie, almost answering her thoughts. "It was I had it built here in the woods away from prying and curious eyes. In the night I can fly far and wide, I see all, hear the hearts and minds of the souls I encounter. Even as a child, your soul sang out to me; a pure clear tone amongst the clamour and discord of those around you. So I came many times to watch in secret, seeing you blossom, watching you explore your potential, your desires." She paused and turned her head, her gaze running the length of Sophia's body to her naked feet and back up to her eyes.

Although not afraid, Sophia became intensely aware of the fact she was wearing only her slip and was naked beneath, her bare calves and feet protruding from it. Meeting Militsa's hypnotic eyes once more, she realised also just how aroused she was in her presence, how much she enjoyed the lilting voice; she longed for a touch from those silk smooth fingers, to feel their softness on her skin....

As if in answer, Militsa placed her hand gently on Sophia's naked foot and softly stroked in one fluid motion, the fingers running from her ankle up her calf, pushing up the slip as it continued over her knee, up her thigh. The touch became firmer as the hand slowly stroked up her thigh to her hip, pausing there to gently hold the flesh at the top of her thigh. Sophia could not look away from the enchanting eyes, their hypnotic inner light drawing her in. The touch upon her thigh was electric, seeming to spread from the fingers to all her most sensitive parts. She became hot, her loins tingling, yearning.

"You are beautiful, Sophia. I would have you stay with me if you desire it." The words were simple but the deeper meaning behind them seemed to call to her through the soft hand still gently stroking then holding her thigh.

"Kiss me," breathed Sophia. Her body yearned for more of the silken skin against it, the hand up on her thigh teasing her growing passion with the promise of unknown pleasure. Her eyes drank in the sight of this impossibly beautiful and enchanting woman whose words betrayed her own longing. She put up a hand to Militsa's face as she had to Elizabeth's earlier this same night. She felt the smooth skin of the cheek, let her fingers trace the delicate line of her jaw, held it, pulling gently. There was no resistance and the face moved towards her and the inviting, smiling, seductive lips met her own in slow motion collision.

As their lips met, Sophia gasped involuntarily, the sensation of the kiss and the hand still holding her thigh overwhelming her senses. As she did, Militsa parted her own lips, pushing her breath into Sophia's gasp, sealing their mouths in the perfect joining. Lost already in the moment, she placed her other hand upon the girl's face and pressed them more firmly together. Sophia gave in, opening her mouth to invite in the teasing tongue that waited there, met it with her own and returned the breath she had received. She wanted their lips to never part again, so perfect was the feeling of that union. Her passion grew and with it need, the kiss merely the beginning of her desire.

Sophia lost track of how long they kissed, she felt almost frozen in time as their tongues teased and tasted. As she felt Militsa begin to pull away, in desperation she tried to hold her face, keep their mouths so joined but part they did and as the hand left her thigh, the raven haired girl thought she would burst with lust and need. The enchantress smiled warmly at the wanton girl, and her eyes once more travelled the length of Sophia's body.

"Do you want to stay with me, Sophia? I want you, I must confess to that. You make me feel things I have not felt for many years but if we are to join together, there are things you must know." There was a serious edge to her voice now and Sophia, though drunk with desire, heeded that.

"Then tell me if you will, my lady," she spoke as seductively as she could, pouting the words from her own shapely lips, drawing a sparkling smile from the seductress.

"I am not human, Sophia, although I appear to be. I was once, a long, long time ago in a country far from here. I was taken by a creature when I was but a young woman, not far from your own age now. He kept me for many weeks, like a kind of pet, feeding on me, teasing me until finally I thought he would kill me..." Her voice trailed off, a faraway look in her beautiful eyes. "That was not his plan, however and when he had drunk of me enough, he gave to me his own blood and I was transformed into a creature of the night, a hunter with a thirst for blood, eternal, unchanging; a killer and a monster."

Sophia gasped in spite of herself. She had been expecting a revelation of something preternatural; Mililtsa's physical appearance was so striking, so impossibly perfect, she had already surmised she was something more than human but a vampire? She was rapt, eager to hear more. As a child and even now as an adult, Sophia loved stories of faerie folk, the old Celtic myths, stories from far flung countries of fantastical creatures and here was this beautiful, seductive, fascinating woman telling such a story of her own life. "Please, my lady, do continue."

"There is little more to tell of that. Once I awoke from my transformation, of my captor there was no sign; whatever his purpose, I was never to know it, nor see him again."

Sophia had never imagined such creatures were actually real. Yet here was this ethereal beauty telling such a tail of herself. There was no doubt in Sophia's mind of the truth of her words and that both excited and terrified her at the same time. "What did you do? How long ago was that?" she asked, fascination outweighing any sense of fear.

"I never went home of course but set about learning what I had become, my limits, my needs. I travelled far and wide to other countries, learned many languages, read all I could of folk tales and myths from different cultures and histories. I practised with my 'gifts', became adept at using them to remain hidden, ever cautious to avoid detection or unwanted attention. I searched for others of my kind but finding none, I focused on more fiscal matters and accumulated wealth, bought properties in which to hide and store the profits from my victims. I grew wealthy and as the years rolled past, I realised I was not ageing and made plans for a long future. I watched the world change and people grow old and die. I did neither, loneliness became my burden and so I thought to search for another with whom to share this 'gift' of eternal life."

A tear rolled unbidden down Sophia's cheek and a small sob escaped her lips. Militsa looked back at her, leaned in and softly kissed the tear away. Placing her forehead against Sophia's, she breathed deeply, closing her eyes, relaxing more for a moment. Pulling away again, she seated herself on the edge of the bed, pulling up one leg and placing her free hand once more on Sophia's naked thigh.

"I still had desires and physical needs. It is not true that vampires are the walking dead, cold flesh supernaturally animated. I had never felt more alive and with my preternatural senses, physical pleasure was enhanced along with everything else. I desired intimacy and began to choose victims on the basis of aesthetic. Beautiful young men and women I took a liking too, I would glamour and have my way with them, drawing whatever pleasures I desired, guiding their thoughts just enough so they could satisfy my needs. Some I let go with a vague memory of pleasure, some I fed a little on, some I killed.

"The loneliness remained but now largely devoid of conscience and empathy when it came to humanity, I cared less. In short I had become the monster of myth and then I understood those stories and the truth behind them. The loneliness was like a sword and shield, both energising me and protecting me from my dark deeds. Not one among them held my interest, nor gave me hope that they could join me in my eternal hunt.

"Then one night, as I passed over a country estate in England, I heard a female voice singing, a heavenly voice. Seeking the owner of the voice I came upon a girl, barely into her adolescence, reading in the moonlight and singing to herself. Her name was 'Wisdom' in ancient Greek and even at her young age showed the name was fitting. You are that child, Sophia and I have watched you often since that night, heard your thoughts and dreams, felt your desires grow. The more I watched, the older and wiser you became, the more I coveted you, desired you."

Sophia was astounded by the story and the admission that she was the child Militsa spoke of thrilled her. What a creature she was, this vampire, a revelation straight out of myth, glorious and powerful, beautiful and deadly; she knew she should be terrified in the presence of this being, a self confessed killer but she felt no threat, indeed quite the opposite. She reached for Militsa, pulled her into as firm an embrace as she could muster.

"Oh my lady, such a sad tale, such loneliness would make a monster of anyone." She meant it with her whole being.

"You're not horrified?" asked the vampire, pulling gently back from the embrace to search Sophia's eyes. "I would not blame you but you needed the truth. A truth I have never told another soul in point of fact."

"Shocked, indeed but horrified? No, not horrified. It's a strange feeling I've had being around you since I woke. I feel warm and dreamy, safe, cared for and against good reason some might say after hearing such a story. You did not answer one question though; how long ago were you changed? How old are you?" Sophia felt so drawn to the vampire, so enamoured of her, a small part of her wondered if she knew her own mind or had been glamoured in some way.

"As a human girl, I was twenty three when the creature took me and I have seen the seasons change 247 times since that night." She held Sophia's face as she spoke, holding firm her gaze with earnest eyes.

Sophia pondered on the answer, tried to imagine what it must have been like to spend so much time alone. All that knowledge and the wisdom it nurtured, the places she had seen, the people she had known and here she was, offering Sophia her hand. Placing her own hands on Militsa's face in mirror of her, she drew their lips together again, gently but firmly. She held the soft pressure for a few moments before pushing her tongue slowly but insistently into the inviting mouth. The vampire surrendered to the girl's advances and opened fully to the kiss, their tongues slowly feeling the length of each other, tasting and caressing. Shuddering with pleasure as she felt Militsa's deft and gentle fingers stroke up her inner thigh, she pulled hard, pushing her tongue as far into that warm welcoming mouth as she could.

Sophia's immediate physical attraction to the vampire had been strong; indeed she was stunned by her beauty. The delicate sensuous touch of her fingers made her hot and wet with passion as they kissed deeply and with more vigour. Militsa continued to gently stroke up her thigh, stopping short of her sex each time, causing Sophia to squirm and try to push down on her hand, to feel those silken fingers caress her secret lips. It was maddening but she sensed that it wasn't to tease her that the enchantress hesitated. She broke the kiss herself to once again look into the hypnotic green eyes.

"Have you glamoured me? I have to ask; since I woke here I have felt almost deliriously calm, even happy, despite the drama from earlier this night. Part of me is telling me that makes no sense. I feel like I know you, that I want to be with you but is this my own mind and heart?" She tried to push the thought and feeling into Militsa's mind, wanted her to know what was in her heart.

"I can hear your thoughts, read your feelings and yes, I could coerce you if I chose to. It would not last, however; free will is a fickle thing and no glamour is everlasting. I want you, I make no secret of that but if you would join me, the choice must be yours and not by any trick of mine. You have a family, despite the unfolding drama. Your love for and loss of Katherine is still fresh..." She drew her hands away from Sophia, stood once more, straightening her dress.

It was an odd thing to see this wise and beautiful woman show uncertainty but in part, it made Sophia feel all the more assured that she was in no danger here.

"I have no life there now. What life I could have had washed away with Elizabeth's revelation." She spoke the truth of course but it was strange she seemed to feel nothing but pity for them, her family and friend. They would never know nor experience such as she could in the company of this ancient and powerful being. The life she had lived, the things she had read and learned seemed to have prepared her for this moment and the wonders that Militsa represented. "I want to be with you, my lady. I loved Katherine I think but know that could never be. I desired Elizabeth too, of course, but it was a childish and I should have kept it hidden for the sake of all concerned. Though it is that, in fact, which led to me being here right now, so maybe not so ill-conceived after all."