All Comments on 'Hurricane Bob Pt. 01'

by KingBandor

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
The_WatermanThe_Watermanalmost 4 years ago
Cute Story

Well written and entertaining. I enjoyed it immensely, especially the dead on accurate description of Myrtle Beach in the 60's and 70's. I was in college at High Point then and Myrtle beach was the summer place to go. I met my first wife there. Gonna read the part two now.

KingBandorKingBandoralmost 4 years agoAuthor

Yeah, it was a very nostalgic story to write. Some bits of it were a little too autobiographical. The Orange Julius scene happened for sure. I had hoped people who knew Myrtle Beach would relate to the story.

Everybody knows a guy like Mike. He was created from a mix of several people I have known.

Connie was based on a girl I dated briefly.

So, I finished the story yesterday. Part 4 will be LONG, so I may split it up into 4band 5 and post on subsequent days.

It has satisfying ending. Well, satisfying to me.

KB

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKingBandor@KingBandor
Back after a long time. I've not posted since the pandemic. I was inspired to write a bit more, so keep an eye out for more. Much of what I write about comes from experiences I've had, places I've been and people I've known. Born in the 60's. Came of age in the 80's. Living l...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories