Husband Kicks Cheating Wife Out

Story Info
Husband divorces cheating wife.
9k words
4.18
365.2k
245
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Story 5

This is a work of fiction, well some is. My name is Robert, my friends call me Rob. This story is told from my perspective, but parts are filled in based on information that came to me later-on. So don't everyone go getting in a snit about the first-person vs third person switch back and forth when that happens. Otherwise I hope you enjoy the read.

"If you love me, you will let me do this." How many husbands have heard those words come from their wives' mouths?

Those were the words that my wife said to me, over what had started out as a romantic dinner to celebrate our fifth anniversary. And then my world pretty much went to hell.

So how did we get to this point? My very good looking 29-year-old wife has just revealed to me that she wants to have sex with other men outside our marriage. She said it, plain and simple. At least it was plain and simple to me.

I had planned a great dinner-out at one of our favourite restaurants that was a higher-end place with actual white tablecloths and a decent wine list. I even bought her a diamond necklace that I knew she wanted from all the hints that she had dropped since her birthday. I spent almost a thousand dollars on that damn necklace and now I have to get my money back.

During the meal I sensed that she was nervous about something and our normal relaxed conversation was, well...forced to a degree. She looked distracted. She looked nervous about something. Her eyes were darting about the room like she was looking for something or someone. She normally looked me in the eyes when she talked to me but tonight, she was looking at the table, her wine glass, just about anywhere else than at me.

Finally after we had eaten the main course and were having another glass of wine, she got around to what she wanted to really talk about.

"Honey, I need to tell you something that has been bothering me, it's been on my mind for a while now and I need to do something about it."

I stopped and put my wine glass down. What was she talking about? The tone of her voice got low. That was the voice that she used when she wanted to talk about something that she was serious about. What was it that was bothering her?

My brain immediately thought that she might be going to tell me that she was ready to start talking about starting a family. We had talked about it before, several times in fact over the last three years, but had decided to delay having children until we had achieved more success in our professional careers and saved a bigger nest-egg to take care of the cost of having a child. Well we had done that, and I was keen to get on with making us a bigger family. Was she ready? I was sure hoping that this is what she wanted to talk about. But her lack of eye contact told me that maybe that wasn't it. If you want to talk about making babies normally you might have a big foolish grin on your face and make nothing but eye contact. What the hell was going on?

'Honey, I want to do something that I'm not sure that you are going agree with right now, but it is something that I have thought about very carefully and it's kind of important to me."

My wife of five years, Andrea, swallowed and said, " I need to explore my life outside of our relationship. I need to have some freedom to explore who I am and through that I know that it will allow me to be a better wife for you."

Huh, what? To say that I was confused, mystified, upset, angry; well, I was all of those to varying degrees at the same time. What the fuck?

"Dear, what are you talking about?" I put my hands on the table palms down and looked her square in the eyes as I said that. My face had my puzzled look.

She avoided looking at me as she replied, "I need to explore other relationships besides you Rob. I want your agreement beforehand so that you don't get upset and all weird when I do."

My blood pressure was now starting to go up exponentially and I could feel the veins in my neck pushing against my shirt collar. "Just what kind of relationships are you talking about Andrea?"

"Well, I suppose they might be with all kinds of people."

My confusion was increasing every second as my breathing became laboured and my lungs were refusing to take in air. "Could you be a tad more specific please!" I said with a direct tone and as I held my breath.

"Well, I think I might want to see some other men."

"What the fuck are talking about Andrea? You want to have an affair and you want me to agree to it before you run out and have sex with other men? Jesus Christ!"

My voice was going up in volume and some of the other diners at the restaurant could probably hear what I had just said.

"Keep your voice down Honey, there is no need to have everyone hear what we are talking about."

I realized that she wanted to spring this little tidbit of news on me here in a public place so that I wouldn't scream at her. She ambushed me alright. Got me good. I wanted to throw up that expensive supper right than and there. My stomach was in a giant knot. The only thing I could think to say was, "Why?"

"Why do you want to 'see' other men Andrea?"

"Well, I think I need the space to explore myself."

"Explore yourself! What the fuck does that mean Andrea? Are you saying you want to go and have sex with other men? Are you leaving me?"

"No Dear, I'm not leaving you. There are a lot of reasons why I need to do this. But believe me, I love you very much and you are my soulmate. I want us to have a family and grow old together. But right now I need to feel certain things that I'm not feeling right now, and I want your permission to explore those things, that's all. It would only be for a few months and then I would be yours, and only yours Rob, your wife again, I promise."

OK, this was pretty much the worst possible thing that my simple mind could imagine. My wife of five years has announced during our anniversary dinner that she wants to be able to have sex with other men. She wants me to sit idly by and agree to all this and then she promises to resume our marriage at some point when she feels fulfilled, as if nothing has happened; but she will be a better wife for having done that.

I was stunned. Speechless. I had no response. My brain was dead. My lungs could not draw air.

I stood up, carefully put my napkin on the table, picked up my wine glass and drank what was left in it, carefully put the glass down, then turned and walked out of the restaurant.

"Honey, where are you going?"

"I don't know, but I think you need to take a cab home."

I walked out of the restaurant and found my car, started the engine, put it in gear and then just drove. I had no idea where I was going. My head was splitting open as the pain that started in the back of my head seemed to move to just about every part of it. I lost track of time and where I was.

The next morning when I woke up in the car, I didn't recognize the place where I was. I got out of the car and stretched my arms and yawned. I tried to recall what had happened last night thinking that it was all a bad dream.

I needed to take a piss in the worst way and then get a giant cup of coffee. I knew that I needed to figure out what I needed to do before I went home.

I took a piss in the bushes a few yards from my car and then got back in my car, started the engine and took off in search of that coffee that I needed. I found a small diner and got some breakfast to go with the coffee and began thinking about how I was going to approach this problem. I couldn't just let my wife go out and start fucking other men, no, that would be the end of our marriage for sure. Even with what she told me last night I was beginning to think that she wasn't the woman that I thought she was. Maybe she's had a nervous breakdown and was fantasizing some shit that was disconnected from reality. I didn't know, I'm not a psychiatrist. Just a very confused husband.

I checked my cell phone and discovered that I had turned it off at some point last night. When it turned on, I had several text messages and missed phone calls from Andrea. She wanted to know where I was, was I alright and when was I coming home. At this point I figured that I never wanted to go home. But I knew that I had to sometime today. I didn't return her call or text message.

Over several cups of coffee and some eggs and bacon I came up with a rough plan of what I needed to do. Time to go home. When I pulled in the driveway of our house, Andrea opened the front door and came out to meet me.

"Honey, where have you been all night? I was worried sick about you. I thought that you had an accident and might be in a ditch somewhere."

She tried to kiss me, but I pulled away and told her, "Andrea, I'm going to take a shower and get cleaned up and then you and I are going to talk. We need to talk about your plan of 'exploring' yourself as you told me last night."

I pushed past her and went up to the bedroom and got out of the suit that I had spent the night in. I took a long hot shower and reviewed part of what I wanted to tell her. I wasn't sure how it would go but I had to do something to see if I still had a wife or was this her way of saying goodbye. Maybe this was just a test on her part to see what my commitment was to her. I had no idea what was going on in her head.

I thought I loved her. Shit, I married her. She even told me that she loved me. We had a big wedding and took a trip to Europe to celebrate. I don't think about other women and have not cheated on her, never!

But she doesn't seem to want to do the same. No sir. Thankfully we don't have any children. Maybe we wouldn't at all, that would be determined by what would happen in the next days and weeks.

After I got in some clean clothes I went to the kitchen and made myself another cup of coffee and got a notepad and pen. Andrea was in the kitchen sitting at the island. She was watching me closely. I tried to look calm but inside I was a mess. I got my coffee and sat down.

"OK Andrea, tell me again why you want to have relationships outside our marriage."

"Honey, I need to feel validation as a woman. I don't feel like my needs are being met right now. I need to be able to find out what my needs are see if I can find that fulfillment on my own."

"So, are you leaving me, for a while, to find out what it is you want?"

"No Honey, I'm not going to leave. I will stay right here in our home with you, but I need to be able to have my own schedule and do things when I want to do them."

"When do you want to start your exploration and your new schedule Andrea?"

"Well, I suppose anytime would be fine. Do you agree with letting me do this?"

"No, I don't agree with any of this nonsense Andrea! When we got married, we told each other then that we would be partners and lovers for life. Now you want to go and find other lovers. What the fuck am I supposed to think? I think that you want out of our marriage."

"Honey, it's not like that. I need to find a connection that you and I have not had for a couple of years now. Everything we do is work, work, work. We don't play as much as we used to. I don't feel like you appreciate me the way that you did when we got married."

"Appreciate you? Jesus, everything I do is for you. I have been working my ass off so that we can afford to have a family and have all the things that we talked about when we got married. This house is almost paid for, for crying out loud." I was starting to get angry and worked up and had to dial it back a bit otherwise I was going to lose my temper and that would not work out at all.

"Are you going to have sex with other men?" This was the showstopper. So I had to get it right out in the open first before anything else.

"Honey, I don't know yet what I'll be doing. I might want to have sex with someone if it is the right thing to do with the right person.

"So you are planning on cheating on me!"

"It's not cheating on you Rob; it's not cheating if you know about it."

Oh fuck! My blood pressure was skyrocketing at that point and I had to take a deep breath and exhale slowly in order to stay focussed.

"I see." I waited for a moment and took along drink of my coffee wishing it were something a lot stronger. I needed to get a grip on my emotions and get this done.

"So, let me get this straight Andrea. You plan to go out and meet other men, date them and probably have sex with them. You also plan to still stay here at home while you do that. Have I got it correct so far?"

"Honey, it's not that simple."

"I dunno, seems pretty simple to me Andrea. Are you planning for us to do anything together during that time? You are still a married woman you know. Are we just putting our marriage on hold for a while? Are you thinking that you and I will still have sex while you are doing this?"

"Of course Rob, we are a family, you and me. I love you very much and want us to continue to be a family. This will just be something that I do from time to time to see what I need for me."

"Just how often are you going to do this Andrea, every weekend, twice a week on weekdays, every night, how much are you going to 'explore'?"

"I don't know just yet Honey, why are you so concerned about that?"

"Well, I need to work out what it is I'm gong to do while you are off meeting, dating and having sex with your new boyfriends."

"I don't have a boyfriend Honey, at least not yet."

I took a deep breath and slowly let it out. I was about to blow a gasket and had to work really hard not to break something just then.

"Andrea, I want to get some things right in my mind before we leave here today. Have you really made up your mind that this is what you want to do? Have you thought about what this will do to our marriage?"

Andrea nodded her head but didn't actually answer my question. I figured that she hadn't given a lot of thought to how I might feel about all this. She hadn't thought that I might have opinions about what she wanted to do. And then she said it.

"If you love me, you will let me do this."

I fired back, "If you love me Andrea, you will NOT do this!" This was my line in the proverbial sand.

"Honey, I've made up my mind that this is what I'm going to do, you can't talk me out it."

There it was. There was the ultimatum that would shape everything in our future. Our marriage would change from this point forward. She hadn't thought it far enough along to see that being unfaithful, even though you're announcing it beforehand, is a marriage breaker.

Now my plan had to take shape.

"Ok, here are my conditions, they are not negotiable." I laid out what she would have to do of she wanted to fuck around on me.

"You will move out while you do this. I will not live in the same house with you while you date and have sex with other men. If you thought that you were going to bring them here, then you can think again. That is not going to happen."

"Honey, where am I supposed to live? "

"I suppose you can stay with one of your friends, how about that woman, Jessica, from school that you are chummy with. You've been spending a lot of time with her. You told me that she was divorced and lives alone. Call her and ask her if you can stay with her for a while. If that isn't possible you can rent a short-term apartment somewhere. You will be responsible for the expenses and utilities and your car payment."

Andrea was a teacher; she taught grade 3 at the elementary school, she made a good income. I was a chartered accountant working for a big firm as a forensic auditor and made a good income along with annual bonuses.

"From what you said I guess that I'm not giving you everything that you need in our relationship right now." Andrea's head came up and for the first time she looked me in the eye. She figured that Ii was giving in and that she had won the battle.

I went on, "So if you want an open marriage then I suppose I will have to be patient while you have your affairs. Are you going to come home to me at the end of all this Andrea?"

"Honey, of course I am. I love you very much, you're my husband. I want us to have a family."

"And what am I supposed to do while you are out having sex with other men? Are you expecting me to be faithful to you? Do you expect me to sit at home and wait for you to get done fucking your boyfriends and then welcome you with open arms and love when you come back? Is that what you think will happen Andrea? Have you thought at all, even a little bit, what this is going to do to me?"

"I want you as my husband Honey, and only you. Whatever I do while I'm away from you for the next little bit will not mean anything after I come home to you. I want you to be my husband and the father of my children."

Hmmm, I thought to myself that this was an odd way to show it. She had already accepted the fact that I wasn't going to just let her parade her boyfriends into our house and have sex under my nose. I suppose she figured that was win for her; she gets to go party with other men without fear of me interfering.

"OK, you figure out where you are gong to stay and let me know this week. Right now we need to do some things here to start. I want you to move your clothes and things to the spare bedroom. I'm not sure that I can share the same bed with you just now. Your plan is too hurtful. I feel like you are leaving me but just haven't said as much so you tell me what I should think."

Andrea didn't answer me, and I figured that she was starting to realize that I was not going to blindly take this. She might have been surprised that I wanted her out of our bed. But what the fuck did she expect? She must have thought me a complete stupid chump to figure that I was going to meekly let her run out and fuck around and then believe that she was going to come home and pretend that we were a happy couple and have children and carry on with a normal life. Nope.

Andrea was friendly with another teacher, Jessica, and I reckoned that the source of some of this stupidity might be her. Jessica was divorced, a grade 4 teacher at the same school where my wife taught. She had been caught by her husband fucking around with several lovers and he bounced her ass out the door two years ago. Jessica was 35 years old and a good-looking woman with a great body. Her downfall is that she likes to spread her legs for any man that smiles at her. I had a suspicion that Jessica was the influence behind Andrea's desire to 'explore' herself before we had a family. The reality for me was that if she 'explored' too much there was not going be a family, at least not with me. The only thing there would be was a divorce.

I got up from the table and started to walk away.

Andrea asked, "Is that it Rob? You want me to move out?"

"Yeah, that's it for now. Don't get me wrong Andrea, I do not want you to do this at all. We made a promise of monogamy to each other when we got married. You're planning on breaking that promise, so what is it that you expect me to do? Do you expect me to sit quietly while you have sex with other men? If you want an open marriage, then I suppose I get to do the same."

Andrea was speechless and I left before things escalated to a shouting match.

I got my car keys and started to leave the house. "Honey, where are you going?"

"I'm not sure right now but don't forget to move your things to the spare room and start looking for that place to stay. Remember that you don't get to fuck around on me and our marriage until you move out."

I turned and left shutting the door a lot more forcefully than I normally did. If push came to shove, I was fully prepared to be the one to leave, but since my wife was the one initiating this fucked up affair then she could be the one to have to be inconvenienced. Besides, I figured that it was that slut Jessica that was encouraging Andrea to do this so she could be the one to take her in. I had to put aside my desire to drive to Jessica's apartment and punch the bitch in the nose.