All Comments on 'I Am a Simple Man'

by Skippy47

Sort by:
  • 80 Comments
appaloosa1453appaloosa1453almost 4 years ago
meh

its ok, for a recon story, imho i would dump the bitch and move on, the fact she would fuck before asking me who the person was speaks to her character

vickitvohiovickitvohioalmost 4 years ago
Why?

Why is there such a run of terrible stories lately? I hate 2020! Lol

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aaalmost 4 years ago
Nice tear-jerker but...

The story started well. Emma took the words of a couple of so called friends, who were swingers, that her husband was cheating. When she made a very bad attempt to let him confess, he didn't because he didn't cheat. Emma should have confronted him right then and there but she was dumb and naive as not to communicate in her marriage. Since she didn't, she was planning to cuckold him with her 'friends' and almost someone from her work, till he discovered their infidelities and served her with divorce papers. Mixed feelings about the ending, so only 4 stars. Well told through.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not your best

You’ve done better both story and grammar-wise. By all means, try again. I don’t know your process, but maybe slowing down would be helpful, right?

Still a fan

kmreaderkmreaderalmost 4 years ago
What is really going on?

“Her two pregnancies have made her more full-figured now.”

“My not knowing was beginning to affect my relationship with her. I had to know before we started having children.”

These two statements just a few paragraphs apart confuse what is really going on in this story. Is this foreshadowing into a part of this story that is never discussed? Has she been pregnant but lost the babies yet the process still changed her body?

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 4 years ago

Why would he want to have children with Emma?

She was an absolute moron to fall for the swingers' obvious seduction and would he really want a woman that stupid to be the mother of his kids?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
They always take back the cheater

I never understand how a guy will take back the cheater. He should find someone else or just stay away altogether. It's not just the sex but the attitude. She doesn't confront him or go check it out for herself. She gets the attitude that if he cheats I will cheat. She felt no guilt or remorse when she cheated. Only now that she is fired and her lovers move away does she feel left out so she better reconnect.

Also the writing felt choppy. Lots of tiny sentences that didn't always flow.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 4 years ago
Interesting enough story. In fact parts are quite original.

But it’s quite choppy. And the end is rushed/forced a bit.

Not up to your usual standards.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
**************

minus 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not bad, but no

This was a great story! Coming in sideways with the beginning of the affair was a nice touch. I don't believe in the reconciliation, though. Too quick!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Nice story

With good character development, however the ending is too abrupt. Thank you for your effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Damn.

You went full blown CUCKY. Stop talking to HDK The CUCKY KING . Wish I could vote less then 1 star for this ILK

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Well

That explains the low score. Didn’t expect it from your work. But, after the last page it is understandable. 3 for the effort, the way it ended is hopefully not you going all RAAC or toward cuckville. Emma didn’t deserve another chance.

LenardSpencerLenardSpenceralmost 4 years ago
The husband was a complete dickhead!

He later talks about "Trust". He lied and mislead his wife about a major portion of his family history. She was his wife, not some girlfriend he had known for two weeks. Why didn't he come clean with her before he married? When his mother remarried why did she not allow her son and his wife to be a regular member of her family? Her new husband said he didn't care who knew her background.

No, this could all have been avoided if that plonker had been honest from the start with his wife. Yes, she should have confronted him or at least got more evidence about the "prostitute" he was seeing. But it's really all on dickhead husband.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 4 years ago
Meh.

Flow and chemistry were very off on this one.

If it was fleshed out more instead of just glossed over, it would have been a good run at this well used plot.

I liked the backstory and thought the basic plot was interesting. This had enough moving parts that it needed quite a bit more detail and illumination.

As is, I feel mostly just contempt for Emma and I'm left uninspired by your MC.

McMahonSMcMahonSalmost 4 years ago
Mother's sacrifices

A truly moving story reflecting the affects of a mother's sacrifices. It resonated with this reader recalling his own mother's dedication to her two youngsters as she valiantly fought to manage from 1942 on a war-widow's pension. I am sure there are many untold true stories that support the author's unstated premise here, that a boy's best friend is his mother. Well done.

SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 4 years ago
Good Story

I normally love your stories. I'm not sure about reconciliation in this case. He didn't tell her the truth about his mother, and then she didn't talk to him about his supposed cheating. They may be able to make, then again maybe not.

lujon2019lujon2019almost 4 years ago

I can never understand these stories

If his wife being a lying cheating whore devastated him enough to the point that he divorced her and became a homeless bum why the fuck would he ever take the whore back?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Hmmm

I didn't see the story supporting the ending.

KingBandorKingBandoralmost 4 years ago

So they go through years of suffering all because she believed a improbable lie without verifying it.

The way it sounded, the seduction took all of two minutes.

"Harrison is cheating on you with a hooker."

"I don't believe you."

'It is true. Believe me."

"OK, I believe you, shall we have a threesome?"

Driven2ReadDriven2Readalmost 4 years ago
Not your best - but good still

Very formula based, wife to stupid to ask, makes stupid decisions by alcohol, scheming friends who are swingers, etc... been there read that dozens of times. But overall satisfying story - nice twist with the Mom I've got to admit. Overall very standard stuff from a way above average writer.

AbctoyAbctoyalmost 4 years ago
Nice read.

Good to read about a mess caused by a mess but time cleared the path.

FD45FD45almost 4 years ago

I refrain from comment because I do not like martyr homeless stories and I cannot fairly comment

enderlocke27enderlocke27almost 4 years ago
lol

lets just hope he doesn't have to travel again

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
The Man was at fault

He wanted his wife to believe in him..but did not believe in his wife enough to tell her about his past and about his mother!

U can’t have a marriage based on distrust and the man started it on a trust deficit

So I don’t blame Emma fully..even though she has her part in the problem..but majorly the fault would lie with the protagonist

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1almost 4 years ago
Cliche

Wrapped in cliche

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
This felt like a step backwards in your writing skills

Unemotional and poorly conceived. Unlikable characters that all seemed to be poorly educated despite the fact he was an accountant. In the end, I simply didn't care what happened to any of them.

1 star

lee5456lee5456almost 4 years ago
A great story

This story will teach people how to watch out for sexual predators

CaOldDogCaOldDogalmost 4 years ago
Great Story Skippy

One of your best stories a solid 5*

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 4 years ago

Snakes in the grass destroy a happy marriage!

5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
An alternate title to the story

The Natural Born Loser. He never heard of Einstein's dictum: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.

COYSCOYSalmost 4 years ago
I Think

KingBandor said it all. Thank you

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
THREE LOOSERS GET TOGETHER TO HASH OUT THE PAST AND THEIR PART WITH IT

now its up to common sense, maturity and egos, TK U MLJ LV NV

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

I like your simple story Skippy. Another case of a couple making mistakes due to lack of communication.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not a good story line

This story just didn’t make a lot of sense .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Weak

Not up to your usual standard.

Weak plot, no real conflict and written in a boring style.

ManoBlueManoBluealmost 4 years ago
Awful

This was so bad and stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Miscommuication or lack of communication is a lazy plot device.

OH, if I had only told her about my mother. Oh, if I had only confronted him about fucking a whore. Geez, why didn't I go and visit him during his out of town trips to his old home town? So the whole plot is based on a failure of communication.

Yeah, entire marriages revolve around and fail due to lack of communication. Your story fails for the same reason. Stupid people fail to communicate, and live fucked up lives. What is dramatic or compelling about that? Happens every day. Darwin has little sympathy for people who don't comprehend what it takes to survive as a married couple.

Sure, they have changed and may reconnect. Why not, sounds like neither of these losers have any better option. Hope their kids turn out to be smarter than they are. Not hopeful.

Thanks for the effort.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 4 years ago
Well

It started off ok

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

He reconciled with a proven cheater. And not just a cheater, but a "loving wife" who, within a couple of minutes of being told her husband was seen in the company of a prostitute, jumped into bed with another couple. No hesitation, no guilt, no bothering to check out the story or talk to him first. Just... drop trou and spread'em.

She's obviously not someone to be depended on when the chips are down. Some cucks are blaming the husband (as usual), but I see the wife as shallow, spineless, and gullible. She's much too leaky a vessel to store your trust in, but that's his problem.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 4 years ago

I dido KingBandor with the insanity of this fantasy - very weak/improbable. Then she actually believed two swingers puling her in - ya real life, not. She never learned anything from her waitressing life - she must have been an easy mark for all the slick college boys? 3* at best.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
He was already accepting of his mother becoming a prostitute...

It's only a small step to putting Emma out on the corner to sell her wares.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Newspaper article

There was no surprise. No significantly developed emotional tether for a reader. The style seemed like reading a newspaper.

Still Emma had a little life to her. Your storyline could've gone somewhere. It just seemed you lost your purpose.

Keep going. I get negative comments, too. Writing is learning about yourself.

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
One thing

It it is one thing women can do it is talk,so why didn't she ask him about the so called prostitute?.

andyinozandyinozalmost 4 years ago
So, to repay his mother's sacrifice

the simpleton quits his job and becomes a vagrant. What a turd.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I liked the story.

However there needs to be a bit more to finish it.

Maybe a short second chapter detailing the struggle to rekindle the relationship. It will be a struggle but if they both wish it they can make it happen.

They can then name the first child after his father and step father.

Etc, etc etc.

WillowghbyWillowghbyalmost 4 years ago
Where is the hero?

A story without even a single admirable character is a tough sell in any market, especially here on Lit. All the women are round-heeled thigh-spreaders and all the men are either ruled by their dicks or quick-fold wimps. An interesting plot, but one without a target for our sympathies. Great original effort and smooth writing, Skippy. Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
ALL THAT WORK

And all you ended up with was another PITIFUL RAAC story!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
After all of that.

Not bad, not bad at all.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 4 years ago
i have to agree with everyone else

it sucks ass

gfrhgfrhover 3 years ago
Sorry

No forgetting, no forgiveness. Either BTB or just walk away. There is NO excuse for cheating. I didn't score this story because some may like it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow Skippy

When first reading the story I wonder why the 3.x score, then I read the rest. Nothing like taking a good start of a story and flushing it down the RACC toilet.

I am not against the reconciliation, but this was ridiculous. He goes from being homeless for years because of being devastated by wife's cheating to sure let's consider getting back together only because his mom says ex still loves him. Sure, if mom says she's OK it must true.

If the author would expanded the reconciliation section this could be a very good story; but since the ending was mailed in it's only worth a number 2 for the RAAC toilet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Delete or edit this story

Nuff said. 1 star

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

I can't stand when wives cheat with the people who accuse the husbands. It NEVER occurs to them that the "friends" might have an ulterior motive.

/

As others have said, why not actually confront him? She holds his "lack of confession" against him, ignoring the possibility that he didn't confess because he had NOTHING to confess.

/

The comment about two pregnancies IS odd. I thought that maybe, since story is looking back, that between this time in the story and the narration she's had two kids, but nope!

/

The last paragraph on Page 2 shows why you should use dialog rather than narration. All the "shes," "hers," "mes," and "yous" made it almost impossible to follow.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyabout 3 years ago

Felt very chopped up and then mashed together. Like you tried to combine stories or maybe edited a bunch out. Liked the plot but it was not one of your better efforts.

LetthatsinkinLetthatsinkinabout 3 years ago

You make a lot of good RAAC stories but this is not one of them. 1*.

BigDee44BigDee44about 3 years ago

Department of Redundancy Department: (houses) Perfect for a single bachelor..... What kind of bachelor would be married? I thought they were both at fault with the misunderstanding about Mom, but he more than she. Him especially because the issue at hand had been secret. Also, when she was fishing for answers about what he was up to in his home town, he had to know he needed to be completely candid.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Well written, except for the last paragraph of page 2, which was an awful mix of tenses!! Still a good plot. What was missing was adequate retribution to Tom and Jane, the swingers. What a devious way to get Emma onboard. Talk about self-sacrifice on the Mom's part.

jflindersjflindersabout 3 years ago

No reason for this RAAC. There's no way to trust her in the future, no reason to be over the pain she caused and imo no way to enjoy life with her.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years ago

Interesting story, if somewhere beyond improbable. He was too cheap and she was too weak. Neither was honest with the other. You marry someone and never tell them your life story or introduce them to your mother? Former pro or not, you bring the two together. Then why does he throw it all away? I don't really follow it, but it was interesting.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 2 years ago

Great story well written with just enough twists to make it interesting

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ez a történet nem a legélesebb "kés "volt a fiókodban! + csillag jóindulattal! Régi mondás "aki egyszer csal az mindig fog",soha többé ne engedje maga közelébe!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

WHAT??! "I had originally thought I would not seek any revenge," !Only a man with a low, extremely low, IQ would think like that. If someone spits on you you want to spit on and kick them. You must be the Dali Lamas most trusted pupil to be able to write that. Perhaps you've been cloistered all your life. Even a mouse will fight for what's theirs' or punish those that hurt them. I have no problem with RAAC stories but those stories where the man lets everyone walk over him? Please stop letting hurtful, hateful people come out on top. Soon no one but willing cucks will be following you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why had he never told her about his mother? Who would risk having a wife that would look down on his mother. Not one of your better stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Your RAAC stories are honestly the worst I've ever read on this site. You need to focus on what you can actually write well

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Sad story based upon total lack of communications and sharing of history, concerns, thoughts, fears, and compassionate heartfelt love.

Both are their own worst enemies and let that insecurity spill over to their own lives and their loved ones.

A story of failure, despair and thinking the key to their own happiness is revenge, hate and stupidity! They both throw away their life, love, trust, near and far future with all their lost years of togetherness!

So very sad!

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

I liked the storyline, but it has a couple of big holes in it, first what happened to Harrisons job he was at, why did he leave it, then how much time passed that Emma lived with his mother and why didn't she tell Harrison that Emma was living with her and what triggered the reuniting of Emma and Harrison and finally the story ended abruptly and needed to be wrapped up on what became of these two.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

4. If the ending had an epilog, maybe a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Cuck trash

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
How

How does he get a managers job after being out of work for so long?.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Umm. No. Just no. Emma did not even bother to confront her husband. Or even try to find out who the "hooker" was. Maybe she could be so naive and hurt to fall into the threesome the first time whole drunk but afterwards was a premeditated betrayal. It isn't like there was photo evidence. Just some rumor mill crap. And don't even get started on her statement that his frugality was part of the reason also. Bleech.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

When people read fiction for pleasure it is incumbent to accept the author's world.

1.) Are their snakes in the garden like the neighbours. Yes! Master seducers? Yes.

2.) Can a faithful wife be seduced? The potential is there. Psychological manipulation, especially by a trust woe and husband team could catch a person unaware and lead to seduction.

Example: My oh so faithful wife said she felt a temptation one night, but immediately recognised it for what it was and figuratively ran from the situation. So many factors go into the wisdom that it would be unfair to attack one who did not have the right tools to avoid the temptation.

I was not surprised they failed to talk. They lived with two very different perceived realities.

They should have talked ad reconciled immediately, but that would in most cases not happen. Again, it would take so many things to have to be perfect and that is very rare in life.

That said- how did this story rate. Was the plot unique and well thought out? Yes.

Were the characters all clearly defined? Yes. We they people we could like for their basic characters? Yes

Did the story flow and was it written well so that it flowed? Yes

I could go on, but enough has been said to reward the author with - 5 !!!

THC

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I reiterate another comment below. Umm. No. Just no. Emma's lack of communication and general apathy while enjoying a regular threesome from a couple of borderline predators, is grotesque. Her talking about his frugality as another motivation to cheat is nonsensical and insulting to the reader. Why she would still have any feelings for the swinging couple is outrageous. She looked to them for help post divorce but they skipped town. They clearly got off on seducing married spouses. Tom even tells her that. The evidence is just hearsay. She doesn't even bother to follow up. She just immediately acts with revenge threesome sex and continues it unabated for months. Husband takes his sweet time to act on suspicions. I am sure the recordings show how into the hot threesome sex she was. Her protestations to her husband after signing at the divorce ring hollow. Then while he goes for some time on walkabout, she ends up connecting with his mother and being a live in caretaker. What a mess. And then they quickly reconcile. Definitely a RAAC. Ick.

BigjohnpBigjohnpabout 1 year ago

Very good story. Wish they would’ve married again I’m just a romantic.

Ocker53Ocker5310 months ago

Just too silly for my taste⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A simple man or a simpleton? All was OK to the point where he got his divorce. Was she really due any explanation? What's with taking a vacation from life as a homeless person? A reconciliation on the cards now because she manipulated his mother into taking her in after post divorce life turned sour? Cheap and a weakling to boot. Well written story filled with contemptible characters. The only worthwhile person in the story is the mother. She was actually an intriguing blend of good heartedness and steely resolve. 5 stars for your talented writing

mndhanson017mndhanson0178 months ago

Going to have to agree, the lack of communication is her fault for not talking to him, he deserves better, guess she didn't tell his mother that part.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Let's just say this was not your best work and leave it at that.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Let’s say this is one of your best and leave it at that. There is noting wrong with forgiveness. In fact it is one of the best traits humans have developed.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous