I Am a Simple Man

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Harrison, I have gotten to know Emma quite well these last few years, especially after she moved in with us. I believe this woman loves you as much as I loved your father. I suggest you two start over from scratch."

Emma looked at me with pleading eyes. I responded, "Mom, we can't start over from scratch. I would still remember what happened." Emma started to get up and leave. I grabbed her wrist.

"Please stay Emma and let me finish. "I remember what happened during our WHOLE marriage. I think I could be around you again if you can promise a couple of things: trust me enough to confront me with any questions, especially about any reports of bad behavior on my part. Us seeing each other does not necessarily mean getting re-married. I believe we need to get to know each other a while again. I imagine you have changed, and I know I have changed. Let's find out what has changed. What do you say?"

Emma replied, "Yes, but I would want you to impose one more condition. If I were ever to become fortunate enough that you would want me back in your life, I would want us to sign a pre-nupt that would require me to leave you without taking anything, money, furniture, cars, and, most importantly, children should I ever be unfaithful."

"Us having children is a big assumption, but an important one. Actually, I'm glad you mentioned children. Having the opportunity to be a father taken from me was one of the most grievous things you did to me. I still want to be a father whether you or someone else is the mother. No, I don't have any prospects waiting in the wings. As far as you being a mother, you are still young enough to have several children. Are you still interested in two or three?"

Emma started sobbing out loud. When she recovered, she said, "I can't believe I started this day a devastated, worn-out, pitiful excuse of a cheating ex-wife and now my wonderful former husband is talking about having children, maybe with me." Her crying re-started.

My mother had been crying silently while she watched the scene. Her face turned to anger. "I can't believe what I am seeing in front of me at this table. You two should be ashamed of yourselves!" Emma and I stared at her in shock. We both had assumed this was what she had wanted.

Mom looked at both of us with a straight face, "Now, I'm going to have to re-heat everything on the table. Are you two through crying yet?" Then she cracked the biggest smile.