All Comments on 'I Call Dibs'

by Tomh1966

Sort by:
  • 131 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Why would he be such a Boy Scout for an EMPLOYEE? The MC knows. MeToo.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Couldn't really find its genre. Was it a comedy or a love story, or a loving wives?

KRD19254KRD192546 months ago

Sir, you have talent.... I think I caught all the 'other' tropes that are very good in their own standing....

\

You got my laughing so hard my eyes were leaking and I had to grab my inhaler - that earns a 6.

\

6****** Hooyah, Salutes.... I bow to a Master...

Karn9Karn95 months ago

Great story, funny, witty and a fun read! 5*

XluckyleeXluckylee5 months ago

I love the humor and serious combination in your story. You definitely have writing talent. 5 stars from Xluckylee

EastCoaster1EastCoaster15 months ago

This is a definite 5-star story that had some healthy doses of Burn The Bitch and Burn The Bastard...

It was also a fun read, although more in some parts than others, but overall, really well done IMHO, and I followed you to read more of your tales.

tralan69ertralan69er5 months ago

@PrincessNutNut

.... but how was Amanda aware of Britany and Billy's meal? - Amanda and Josh were having dinner when Brit and Billie walked in.

tralan69ertralan69er5 months ago

@woodward,

...the mentioning of G. Armstrong joke went over his head! - Yes it went over several peoples heads.

MarkTwineMarkTwine5 months ago

I managed to get through three pages of this boring, “witty”, drivel before jumping to the end to give my one star rating. Did we really need to know the full life story of every person, living or dead, that the MC had ever hired?

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now5 months ago

What an excellent story. I love it!

enderlocke77enderlocke775 months ago

Woo that was a hard read u need to work on ur sentence structure and dialog

enderlocke77enderlocke775 months ago

Its Goerge Anderson not Armstrong

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Great sense of humor and I think it's a five star story!!!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Fun ride for sure! While the MC was a bit of a bonehead, and made some stupid decisions in my estimation, I was supremely entertained by his story. Had a blast reading this, thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I read the preface to this story and decided not to read it. The author is already bitching about realism which tells me the story most likely stinks. Reading the comments, just told me I was right in passing this one up.

SsacamSsacam5 months ago

What a wild imagination! Love all the references to NC and not far from where we live. Great story 5 Stars!

MrGrumpy035MrGrumpy0354 months ago

Loved it - well written and pretty original.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades4 months ago

Enjoyed the read, a great story. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

@ “Anon” who passed on this story after reading the preface: Guess what…we didn’t miss you…at all. Tomh, thanks for a great story. I read it while laying on the bed and almost fell Off the bed, laughing so hard. Your MC had to suffer the pain of divorce but his antics kept me

laughing out loud. And I thank you very much, sir, for that.

Five Stars, unquestionably.

TriCoastalTriCoastal3 months ago

Delightful, creative, hilarious, and I love the pace. I don't understand commenters who had trouble reading it. 5* all the way.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

One big chaos!!

FlhotwifehubFlhotwifehub3 months ago

Great story, after you mentioned Dan Fielding I had night court on my brain, When you talked about "Sarge", I pictured Roz from night court

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Still … somehow remains a bad aftertaste

Captcha

HaroJohn710HaroJohn7102 months ago

Fun read! I enjoyed the throw backs to other stories and the cliches of the genre when referencing "the script." The only thing I'd say you missed was Joshua asking Amanda how she knew Marc LaValliere, the stories being something else they had in common beyond hiking.

MasterKoteMasterKoteabout 2 months ago

Not bad, but I kept on waiting for a confrontation with the ex after the restaurant

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Crocs? He wore CROCS? NO ONE should wear Crocs.

It took all I had to keep reading.

Not really. Well done. A great connection.

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

Should have been in humour and satire.

LanmandragonLanmandragon16 days ago

What a romp! Loved it! (and I don’t care where it’s placed)

AnonymousAnonymous15 days ago

A good tale that slowed down and dragged toward the end. Still, four solid stars

/

JPB NOT BOB

HenwynHenwyn12 days ago

All the tropes and themes came through loud and clear... which means I spend WAY too much time here. Anyway, a lot of fun. As for Crocs, they made a pretty good pair of sandals about 8 - 10 years back that you could wear hiking and walk right up the stream bed if you had a mind to that I finally replaced last month. Probably not very manly that it took me that long to utterly wreck them but they were pretty tough.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

WOW!!! What a great story. It had everything that made it flow well and great developed story line. Loved the humor. Probably the best story I have ever read in this format. I would give it a 6* if possible. Thanks for sharing it with us.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTomh1966@Tomh1966
Note that I am rarely on Saturday and Sunday which can cause delays in... well anything to do with this site. Currently working on Fixing the past 5. Stuck majorly. Heartbreak and Hope 6, 7 8 and 9. 6 and 7 are 90 % done. 8 and 9 will move the story well into their year. ...