All Comments on 'I Can't. I Won't. I Don't.'

by moleman2787

Sort by:
  • 139 Comments
SyzyguySyzyguy9 months ago

Harsh and sweet at the same time. Thank you for posting it.

Bronco56Bronco569 months ago

Great Story. I little of everything. Nicely done. 5stars

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlunger9 months ago

Love the story, from a harsh beginning too a great end, thank you.

TajfaTajfa9 months ago

Very good story and writing. 4 stars

Dare2BroDare2Bro9 months ago

Great story. Might not be a LW story but I'm glad I read it.

Thank you for an enjoyable read.

Moonbat74Moonbat749 months ago

Good story, little too syrupy at the end maybe.

DazzyDDazzyD9 months ago

Should have put the door latch On. 5 stars

shalpa64shalpa649 months ago

I'm reading this right now and had to stop to come and post this: Someone needs to punch the E.R Doctor In. The. Fucking. Face! What an ass!

Martyr2002Martyr20029 months ago

Great little story. A Bit too quick near the end

Freddog6601Freddog66019 months ago

Nice romantic story. Well done. Five stars.

This story probably belongs in the Romance category instead of the LW cesspool.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ9 months ago

Nice story. Good ending.

MrSpoojerMrSpoojer9 months ago

Very good, well done..

numbnutz49numbnutz499 months ago

Good story concept. The first part about the rape was a little too brutal but understood to set up Ava"s rage. The next section - reestablishing a life in Coloado was very good making the main character a strong and likeable person. The rest? It was more like Ava's dream outcome. The bad guys in prison, the carved pieces include his name, she finds out where he lived based on a Google search (why didn't they figure that out before?) She walks in, he turns into a puddle of flesh, and they lived happily ever after. My critique is you reached their happy ending way to early. Her likelihood of PTSD is off the charts based on the violence of the act, but his is equal to her's. I love fantasy stories but the violence to start the story required a more deliberate and patiently constructed ending. Love how you write and I'll read your next posting as soon as it hits the site.

Martyr2002Martyr20029 months ago

I changed my mind. He has to be off his rocker to take her back. She BROKE HIS FACE! He should have gotten a restraining order against her. His family is NO better.

Instead he pays the bills on two homes? Let’s her get within 100 yards of him? He’s mentally unstable

donjuan1954donjuan19549 months ago

Good story, but as a previous poster noted, Ava should have had to work much, much harder to get him back. And he should have developed a relationship with Carla.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc9 months ago

Solid story - but I couldn't buy into the premise she held him solely responsible for what happened to her. His reaction to the weeks following her assault was good until he broke contact for a whole year from everyone. It was a bit more plausible than her reaction, but still a stretch. I "get" those leaps provided the basis for much of the story, but still held me back a bit. 4.4*

ctdansctdans9 months ago

OK but overly dramatic. I mean IRL even with the drama she had as an explanation the guy would have said much more sooner. After the punch, ya, take a break for certain but don't pay the bills, take back the ring, start a relationship elsewhere. If you both reconnect and start over then fine.

ReadyOneReadyOne9 months ago

They are buying rings on credit when he got a big settlement from the hotel and construction company?

.

Aboit 2/3s of the way through it got a little sappy. But all in all, an OK story.

servant111servant1119 months ago

Loved it!

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

What'd she do with the settlement money?

Not just another reconciliation story, pretty good.

On another note, what is it like for Carla and the others? Tried all of the guys around and need something, someone new? Or just settle for Liam?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Brutal had brilliant. Thanks for a new take on loving wives.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

he was right to leave her, no point sticking around just so they can both be miserable

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

WOW!!!!! What a rollercoaster. Probably one of the BEST stories I've ever read on here ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I don't like romance stories so I disliked it. Pity you put it in Loving Wives.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Turning a r**e into a story about how guy's feelings were hurt? Nah

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Stopped reading once Ava was begging Noah to have sex with her. All of the drama, everything they both endured, their failed relationship just vanished because she walked back into his life.

Great writing and creative plot ruined.

You have watched too many hallmark movies.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I understand the trauma of the assault, but her actions punishing him shows a lack of trust and respect. She never truly loved him in the first place.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Brutal reality from the start and then, just a full pink fairytale through to the end, when they all "lived happily ever after". Anyway, a good refreshing tale among the tons of suffocating fetish-cuck tales. So, a good welcome for the needed break and a good full 5 stars as well.

Medussa55Medussa559 months ago

This is the first story of yours that I have read and I almost stopped reading after the horrific rape scene but I persisted (actually I cheated and read a bit of the last page) to check what I was getting into. Glad I did this is a wonderful story of a journey a solid, kind and loving man makes when he becomes an ignored victim in a crisis. Yes it got too gushy perhaps at the end but he earned that. Great writing 5*

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Oh man. So first thing after the rape when she awakes in the hospital the first words to her are "you want to know what they did down there?" and "looks like you had a big baby" or something like that? Seriously that is what you wrote?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Read more like a weird Romance story than a LW story. It was certainly a different storyline. Generally well written, but need to learn the your/you’re distinction. It would also help the reader to insert some signal of a scene shift.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good story. Ended with some vibes of “It’s a Wonderful Life” that felt a little out of sync with the rest of the story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Outstanding until.."My attorney and the prosecutors say they are going to crucify me up there. Try to break me. I don't know if I can do it." Total bullshit: 1. The defendants were indigent, so they had a public defender or court appointed lawyer. 2. The facts are so conclusive that the lawyer would insist on the defendant pleading out for whatever deal he can get because a trial would result in the worst possible sentence. 3. If the defendant went to trial no lawyer would try to destroy Ava on the stand. The evidence without her testimony is conclusive, and attacking the victim would just anger the judge and jury, guaranteeing that the lawyer's reputation at the courthouse and in the local bar would be damaged while making the situation worse for the defendant.

After the moment in the story it turns into boring saccharine dreck. This author has talent, but it appears he didn't want to do the hard work of avoiding insipid cliches and tropes in the second half of the story. This could have been a 5++.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I was rooting for Emily. She's the only one who seemed to care about Noah.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu9 months ago

I think it was a very good story.

Read the last part and they did reconcile which is great.

But sorry I lost interest in the story when Ava found Noah.

From there I just skimmed down the remaining pages fast.

If I was MC, I could forgive Ava easily as I understand what she went through

But I will not see her for years to come.

Personally, It'll take me more years to get over what Ava did emotionally and physically to Noah.

To be blamed for imaginary things was far more hurtful than the broken teeth.

A year ain't enough to FORGET.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This feels like it should have been in the Romance category, instead of the cheating, back-stabbing, cum-dumpster slut (Loving Wives) category. Nice job.

gentle_touch4ugentle_touch4u9 months ago

Great story - please continue to write.

offkilter123offkilter1239 months ago

Beginning was a confusing mess. Couldn’t tell who was who. Not going to rate this one because I didn’t read past the first half page.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I enjoyed the story, but as so often happens, I was left with a question. Why does Literotica let all sort of atrocities and humiliation be performed on the innocent but seldom allows more than a kick to the balls (or mostly less) for the victim's revenge? There are a lot of BTB stories, but any revenge meted out is so mild compared to the offense. It makes the editors look like sadist or wusses and wimps. With her money she could pay off people in jail to pick fights with her assailants so their jail time would be expanded, no time off for good behavior.

Taio9Taio99 months ago

Best story line I’ve read in a year + with literotica. 5 stars

Thanks moleman !

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

What happened to the rapists and with the lawsuits?

Frank66Frank669 months ago

Liked reading this story a lot, but there's a few things I don't understand. After being treated so horribly and callously by Ava, then punched in the face so hard, how could there be any love left?

Could an animal who viciously attacked, raped, and tried to murder a young woman be let out on bail?

And IF that animal is out on bail, why didn't Noah use some of those tools he has, and do some attitude adjusting?

Still, a good story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I liked it, in general. Some parts were too syrupy, dialogue was clumsy, but I still enjoyed it. Gave it 5.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I agree this is the wrong category, but I don't mind having read it. Between that and the tags, the story is probably not going to get the attention it deserves.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The first part was great. The raac for lack of a better term happenend waaaay tooo fast. Gave it the story a horribly rushed feeling. There was too much to to work out there just to gloss it over like that

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

To be honest, after reading the title of the story and the subtitle, I assumed that the guy would have problems accepting his bride after the rape. Well, I also expected that the rape would happen due to carelessness or because of the excessive flirting of the girl herself. You have presented a curious interpretation of a familiar topic. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Phew, thank the author... I already thought that she had started rejecting the groom because she had now become the queen of size and knowing the dimensions of her fiance's equipment, she felt that now it was not enough for her.

Pappy7Pappy79 months ago

Couldn't get through it all. Bunch of angst and all of that kind of shit. He should have taken off way before he did. She punched him in the face, figuratively, every day. His own folks abandoned him. What's with that? Self preservation has to kick in at some time. And as for so readily taking her back, I don't think so. He made the break and it needs to stay broke. She is toxic for him and he needs to send her back to North Carolina and if the bitches in town can't get out of his business he needs to move on down the line. It was sad what happened to her, she didn't deserve it but how she acted later showed her lack of compassion and character. I didn't like her at all. Nor the rest of her entourage. Just saying.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Started out okay, if a little roughly with the rape, but then it went to hell in a hand basket when you RACC'd them. After what she does to him I would have expected him to slam the door in her face and move again if it was necessary. For him to allow her to stay in his apartment and then continue paying his half was ridiculous. Throw her out or end the rental agreement. You should have posted this garbage in Romance or somewhere else. There was NO loving wife in it until the very end. Just plain awful.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I can't buy the male nurse in trauma who walks in after she initially wakes up. I can't see the hospital having any males providing care for victims of sexual assault. Especially one who comes in to clean her up and change dressings or sanitary pads. That is too personal, too close, too soon.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I think I just read a Hallmark movie! I really enjoyed it. Very well done.

Tomh1966Tomh19669 months ago

Keep writing. We can all take stories apart... It wasn't realistic... yeah then I read my stories. Nevermind. KEEP WRITING!

Xanada98Xanada989 months ago

Enough said…..5 stars !!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

numbnutz describes it perfectly. The fallout from the rape and his situation would take some time to unravel. Touching on her as an interlude while he is in Colorado would be one way, the two of them seeking counseling together would be a other. Otherwise, a good read, thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Holy Crap. I know the trend here is to RAAC but for heaven's sake there need to be limits to wimpiness!

CaptainbklCaptainbkl9 months ago

Nice story. Thank you.

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy599 months ago

Magnificent Love Story.

GardenshedGardenshed9 months ago

Enjoyed the story, not so much the rape or ER doctor. Pretty sure if Ava was in so bad condition, she would have been put in a coma for weeks and rehab would have been months.

Enjoyed the emotion that the story brought. Seeing Noah at rock bottom and growing when he gets to the town. Plus a happy ending. Thought it was well written and thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I agree with Moonbat. A good story, and a bit syrupy toward the end. Five stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good story. Well done. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

You should take this down and rewrite it. What a train wreck! The one rule of writing is never write anything the reader will scroll past. That describes 80% of this story. Definitely in the wrong category. I’m not sure this story even belongs on this site. Maybe as the outline for a Lifetime movie. Two stars.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper69899 months ago

Great story, but it took a year for them to get their act together?.

peyskippeyskip9 months ago

Lovely romance

BlueFox007BlueFox0079 months ago

Come on people. It’s a love story. Give the sweethearts some space.

The hospital care was woefully hurried, brief, in some ways inappropriate, and inadequate, but that’s not what the story was about. The story was about love, loss, and recovery, and that was all very believable and well presented. Thank you moleman 2787 for a six hankie tell with a happy ending. 5 Stars. And yes, I’ll share it with my wife of 61+ years.

mainer42mainer429 months ago

good read and well written emotionally

MaxiMilfMaxiMilf9 months ago

Re regardless of what anyone says you get 5 stars from me. Outstanding. Don't listen to the LW trolls.

straightshooter1958straightshooter19589 months ago

I really don't know what to make of this well written story! It tastes like a Lifetime docudrama/Hallmark romance fusion to me, and not in a good way. Noah had too much damage of his own to bear from both families, his fiance, and her friend to so easily roll over and expose himself to more. Even a Yellow Labrador ain't that stupid!

Karn9Karn99 months ago

A very touching love story. Thank you, 5 stars

ForensicFossilForensicFossil9 months ago

Transcripts??

Court reporters take down testimony in criminal trials. The reporter's notes are in a shorthand completely unintelligible to civilians. Transcripts (the testimony translated into normal English) are only prepared by the court reporter if someone orders and pays for them because of an appeal or some other reason. Transcripts are quite expensive. There is no way this guy paid for all the testimony to be transcribed. No way.

Hooked1957Hooked19579 months ago

Some problems here and there but overall a very enjoyable tale. I applaud you for taking on a very difficult subject.

Easily your best story. If you can do it once...

Hooked

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x9 months ago

Okay, I understand her pushing her fiance away, she's afraid of men after the assault, so why does she smile at the male nurse, and is okay with him changing her but wants her fiance out?

\

I'm sorry, I know she's had a traumatic incident, but if she could accept a male nurse, why not her fiance? I'd take the ring back and break the engagement. When she's ready, call him, maybe he'd be available.

\

"I do blame him. I relied on him to protect me, to keep me safe" - Now THAT'S crap! HE wanted to go, SHE told him no.

\

"And he was never there to help her." - I see even less sense for him blaming himself than for her blaming him! She at least has the trauma.

\

"So come. Please! Do it for a friend. Be there at eight." "Whoa, Big City. They dance pretty good in North Carolina." - It seems like there's a sentence missing, where maybe he's saying that he can't dance?

\

"Yes, I know your name." - Of course she does! Either he told her when he told her the story and/or she saw it when he was following the trial.

\

"It seems to be working like it should, but they said it was all ripped up." - WAS all ripped up. She'd be having problems if things weren't okay.

\

@nubnutz49, I wouldn't say that his was EQUAL to hers.

\

@ReadyOne, SHE got the settlement, that's why she said, "staying home will not be a problem and, well, we can do pretty much whatever we want."

\

@Anonymous, see my reply to ReadyOne.

\

Part of me wanted him to hook up with Carla or Emma or ANYONE rather than taking her back. At a minimum I don't see him not taking advantage of all that nookie.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Well, the main character is spineless. So, she (and everyone else) treats him like less than dirt, she assaults him and he leaves HIS apartment (and continues to pay for it no less). She feels abit of remorse and tracks him down, a year later. He falls all over himself accepting her back. Not just no, but hell no.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The beginning was quite good but the middle to end not. End is too syrupy at the end.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Wrong category! Needed to explore more Bren parents and Noah.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

She punched him in the face, domestic violence is the end of it. Reverse the sex of both hubby breaks her face, and tell me they stay married. But then I really do believe in equal rights,

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Sorry, but I thought it became boring, and I just didn't care how it ended. I'd had enough by the bottom of page 3.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I read these stories looking for BTB stories (past experience) but I get all misty when a story turns out to have a reasonable, loving reconciliation. Great story!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Definately has the quality of becoming a story made for tv or movie. Really enjoyed it. Strong emotional content and of course who doesn't enjoy a happy ending. 5+

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Nice Hallmark story. But in the wrong category. Loving wives at the end. Not the fun begins. Small town away from home. What kind of salary is he making. She’s rich from those settlements. Can she adjust to this new life style. Time will tell. Now he wants to start having children right away. Was this story written for hallmark tv soap opera.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I loved it. I thought it started off a little slow and weird, but then it picked up and started moving along. After he left and went west, the story got better and better. I really enjoyed it, and how he became a celebrity in a small town full of eligible women who wanted to spend time with him. With Noah getting married, just about the entire town came out to say hi to him and meet the woman who broke a lot of hearts by taking him off the market.

I'm putting this one in my personal favorites, as it's that good.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A rather pleasant story despite the inciting incident at the beginning. The resolution was similar to a Hallmark story placed in a setting reminiscent to real life.

I found some of the dialog confusing in that the Colorado residents all spoke with a similar voice, using a more rural style of speaking. When Ava arrived in town, her manner of speaking changed to adopt the same local style. In one sentence she used the word “britches”, which was out of character for Ava. It strongly reminded me of Carla. I suggest hat you try to keep the character’s speech patterns consistant throughout the whole story

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This story is full of glaring holes concerning realistic things. When you write about something specialist, technical, or procedural in nature, RESEARCH. Use that www thingy. You know the one.

*

Her injuries were way over the top--two to four weeks in the hospital and many outpatient sessions. Ava's recovery didn't square with the level of injuries. The injuries were overkill, and as usual, hyperbolic writing degrades a decent plot.

*

Also, in a case like this, the question of consent wouldn't be considered because injuries and trauma like this cannot occur with normal sex. Even if she consented, what occurred is felonious and criminal.

*

As part of her counseling, one of the first things discussed would be her reaction to men and how she felt about her primary male relationships. No therapist in their right mind would leave discussing that relationship up to her. She "...never discussed Noah with them," is the way it was worded.

*

A cornerstone of trauma recovery is treating the WHOLE family or group of intimates. What happened to Noah happens to family members, especially siblings, when the other child is a victim of physical violence and resulting trauma. Also, Ava knows how she feels but hasn't mentioned it in therapy. Understand that NOT mentioning her relationship with Noah would've been a huge red flag to therapists.

*

Then, when it couldn't get any worse, you played the usual LW cliché of MC RUNNING AWAY! What's with you writers and the runaway male? This occurs in probably two-thirds of the "wife betrayed me" stories. WTF? Is there a checklist for these stories like the cuck writers apparently have?

*

The whole middle of the story is filler. It's like another unrelated story. We really don't care about his little hiatus, unless he was able to catch the bad guys, invent a cure for what ails Ava or something related to the story. No, you and other writers on this site are obsessed with self-loathing, passive-aggressive men who run away and hide. The "literary device" (such as it exists) you use is to create this noble savage (metaphorical) who carves out a niche in an unexplored land where he can pine away in stoic self-isolation. It's pathetic. There's no real action or adventure, and it certainly doesn't contribute to the story.

*

The court strategy made me laugh. Look at her injuries! They have slam-dunk DNA, video surveillance footage, and the criminals' universal access key cards. If it goes to trial, NO defense lawyer will go hard on her (the jury will see photos of her injuries), and NO jury will convict these monsters of anything less than felony rape, felonious assault with grievous bodily injury, illegal restraint, sexual assault with grievous bodily injury and with the alcohol poured down her when unconscious, possibly attempted murder. These guys will PLEAD OUT for life with the possibility of parole after 30, maybe 40 years.

*

Sorry, but you wrote a man with the emotional age of a child. Ava wasn't a lot better. Good fiction requires conflict and character interaction that is constructive to the story and evolutionary for the characters (character arc). In this case, you had a good start, but you decided to write a cliché LW runaway man-child story instead of documenting the struggle of a man and woman to overcome her injuries and their combined emotional trauma. THAT is where the story was.

*

Also, much of your dialogue was missing the lead quotation marks, and sometimes without attributing the speaker (e.g. ...Noah asked. or ...Emily said.) we lost who was speaking. Yes, as the writer, you "see" this in your head, but the reader doesn't. Help us out. Have someone read this so we all "see" what you see.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Very well done. It did make me wince when Noah tried to put a positive spin on Ava getting raped. Yeah, they are So Much Better off now, right? Better town, better job, mo money, a greater appreciation for what's important in life, etc. Right? Nope, not worth it. There's a difference between accepting and moving on from pain and suffering, versus trying to recast the trauma as something positive.

\

Other than that it was really very well done. Well, except it IS in the wrong category. No Loving Wives in this story. But I am glad I didn't miss it.

ribnitinribnitin9 months ago

Good story but became increasingly maudlin as it progressed

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Disgustingly awful story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Not a bad read. But the corny lighthearted patter between Noah and Ava after being reunited seemed out of place for the circumstances. Actually kind of cringe worthy really. 3*

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundown9 months ago

As with others have stated, Noah obviously got the simp ray from Uranus. Forgave her way too easily. Yeah it sure seemed like a Hallmark story....

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

5 stars!! truly a great story!!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

BEST I'VE READ HERE IN LIKE FOREVER!!!!!! Ignore the nitpickers, they're just jealous they can't write something half as good. *****

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Liked the story but it sort of went off the rails at the end.

Frank66Frank669 months ago

No problem taking her back and living with her (after a few more years). Just invest in some good padded headgear, maybe a protective cup......

OvercriticalOvercritical9 months ago

This was a story so disjointed as to be almost incoherent. Rather than putting together a tale which had a series of transitions which logically proceeded from one to the other it was abrupt with new characters and whole new plot lines. And then, abruptly Ava goes back to Noah and all is well again. 3* because I'm feeling generous.

jflindersjflinders9 months ago

I can't help that those who like this story are:

(a) women each of whom wants to feel that her guy is her guy and will always remain so no matter how badly she abuses him;

(b) people that feel that a woman suffering enough adversity should be able to do whatever she wants to whomever she wants, including dishing our physical abuse to people that don't deserve it, with no consequence whatsoever and that her guy should be waiting to pay her way and please her;

(c) the hardest of hard core RAAC types.

Nobody seems to help Noah with his unreasonable feelings of failure and weakness after Ava, given the chance to have him present, declined so he had no power whatsoever over what happened.

From my point of view Ava may be someone that would recover enough to be likeable, but considering marrying her is just craziness.

deependerdeepender9 months ago

Yuck, yuck, yuck.

TottenhamTiilIDieTottenhamTiilIDie9 months ago

Brilliant story, best I've read in a while. If I could I'd give it 10 stars, but can only give 5 so a fantastic 5 stars you've got. Can't wait to read more of you stories. Keep up the good work mate

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Bottom line it is a solid story. Might be in the wrong category? Well written that evoked several emotions from this reader. Great job!

ibuguseribuguser9 months ago

The story didn't flow smoothly. It was confusing, at times, figuring out who said what. Worth a 3* though.

XluckyleeXluckylee9 months ago

Loved it 5 stars from Xluckylee

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous