All Comments on 'I can't Stop the Rain'

by Bh76

Sort by:
  • 182 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Good story but the ending was weak. We needed more.

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
NOW DAYS THANKS TO MONICA

this small bit of consensual same sex sex might make the Sunday funnies. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Weak Ending

Good Story. Weak Ending. Could have been a 5*, but the very weak ending ruined it. 3*

LoejtcLoejtcover 3 years ago
Morals Don't Count

In our day and age, you have to really stretch your beliefs if you think that infidelity would have the slightest effect on a politician or his/her constituency. Infidelity implies morals. What major politician can you think of, in either party, as a "moral" person? Amoral would be a better description.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 3 years ago

The ending was pretty weak. Certainly a lot happened in the aftermath of the debate. Some of hat should have been in the story. Her parents disowning her should have been a part of it. I was really hoping Sammy would get knocked up by Alan, and have that come out.

Is infidelity as big a deal in politics as 20 years go? No. What goes on between consenting adults is fine, as long as everyone affected agrees. Bill wasn’t given the opportunity to consent. Alan and Carly condoned cheating, and betrayal. That demonstrates that they represent themselves, not their constituents.

adevilru12adevilru12over 3 years ago

This needs an ending, a real ending. I enjoyed the story, but not the ending.

phill1cphill1cover 3 years ago

OH for god's sake: the current US First Lady is an ex-porn star. Who cares? Nobody on the right...

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Glad Bill has some pride!!! BTB!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
slow down

you really rushed the ending here, it felt like you ran out of steam and just wanted the story to be over with. Great build up and backstory to the characters but what happens next? Where's the final sit down with his ex? It seemed like she really did love her husband so did she have any regrets? No real resolution here it just leaves the reader with the feeling that the story is incomplete

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
No ending

This was only half a story. I hate that. Why couldn't you finish it. Too many loose unresolved ends.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
FTDS

Finish the damn story...

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

not very good - where is the rest of the story - I could not care less about the crappy political side - I am only interested in the personal side.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Very good. I see what you did there, switching the story around so that it's liberal media suppressing scandals instead of the real-life Trump-supporting National Enquirer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Unfinished. Oh well, 1/2 a story gets1/2 a score

lee5456lee5456about 3 years ago
Wow

Sounds like someone likes a box lunch

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Too abrupt an ending, it needs at least a page more to see the fallout and him moving on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

FROM THE OUTSET SAMMY WAS A PIECE OF SHIT....ONLY BILL WAS TOO BLINDED BY THE SLUT TO SEE IT...AND AGAIN THE TRYSTS WITH ALAN BROWN ARE NOT REVEALED

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 3 years ago

Dude, this story is a cliché banality but the biggest problem is that you are revealing your political leanings. Casting right-wing political stereotypes is not new for BTB writers but every time it is done it feels really dense. Casting "liberals" as people without morals is really hypocritical as this goes on both sides of political aisle and in fact recent events would have it quite heavy on the right-wing side.

JohnfergieJohnfergiealmost 3 years ago

I cant even give this story a rating as its only half finished. Complete the story. Let the readers know the consequences that the 3 people involved had to face.

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesalmost 3 years ago

Solid set-up never quite lived up tp its promise.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Yes... The one thing I am sure about, is that both parties are corrupt, and do the bidding of their special interest groups. Hell, in Illinois, we had two governors, one Republican, one Democratic, making license plates , side by side in prison!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Writers, this is NOT what most men would do: "I did what anyone in my position would do. I went to the bar across the street from the coffee shop and started drinking." The drinking trope is just time wasting filler. I think the objections to the political content are misplaced. It was just part of the character development. The handling of the media issues was certainly true to life, although we've now gotten to the point that any story showing the failure or corruption of the left won't see the light of day in any of the major media, with the occasional exception of the vacillating Fox network. The tech giants will certainly cancel or submerge any such story and will send their paid, phony "fact checkers" to undermine it.

This was entertaining, well written, and deserves a 5.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 3 years ago

I'm even more confident now than in my prior readings that the backstory works here.

\

"she asked me if I was now comfortable with her not wanting to be with women anymore." - I only just now figured this out. She's asking if he's confident that she doesn't want to be with women anymore.

\

For me, the difference between this story and Cig, is that politics is part of the story, you can't have one of the main characters working for a US Senator and not have politics in the story. Cig will write about a plumber and a hairdresser, and will drop in a totally extraneous political rant.

\

"Bill had to go to California for whatever little story he was working on." - I know I mentioned it earlier, but it's never good when a wife belittles what her husband is doing. Even Carly loved his story on the bees, but to her it was, "Whatever."

\

As soon as Alan joined in, she should have stood, slapped him, and walked out. Given her bisexuality, I could SOMEWHAT understand her being seduced by Carly, but no way does bisexuality excuse getting fucked by another man.

NonSequitourNonSequitourover 2 years ago

If I ever fell in love with a woman who confessed to previous lesbian affairs; I would have to test her. I have made a few lesbian friends, a couple really cute. I would ask one to make a run at mine.

In the late 60's I watched the evening news reports from Viet Nam, a place I might have wound up if things went bad, I remember reporters hiding behind trucks talking over the sounds of gunfire in the distance. I was hearing the facts and thought I always would.

30 years later, on election night 2000, I watched one of these same reporters covering election returns. His name was Dan Rather. About 815 PM, after FL exit polls kept flipping back and forth, this famous NEWSman put his pen down and said, "Is there no way WE can win this?" My response was, "Who the hell is WE, MOTHERFUCKER?"

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This one really needed a sequel

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sounds like literals supporting queers same sex marriage. What a mess.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Can't you fucking write a proper ending?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It doesn't need a sequel, it never should have been written to begin with. Absolute crap, start to finish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Are you ready for my load, my essence,my gift to you. Who in the fuck talks like that. Nobody. What shit.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 2 years ago

missed a huge opportunity, wheres sammy's ending, wheres dana's ending. u split the narrative up but u didnt finish it up

BriteaseBriteaseover 2 years ago

How can some think this wasn’t good story telling? I liked it

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitabout 2 years ago

"I would compare her to Hailey Atwell, if I were forced to compare her to someone." . WELL thank Goodness our poor dear author was NOT forced to compare her to anyone then! -After all, wouldn't be any more use than a fine-mesh chocolate fireguard in comparing her to someone that ninety percent of the worldwide readership has never ever heard of! - Nothing kills-off interest, passion or erection quicker than a 0.0195-metre off-set head swan-neck spanner dropped with careless precision into an unspecified chasm of unnamed construction and unknown specification, is there? D-do doofus!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Mostly good, but ending seems incomplete.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Hey, Bh76! Your stories are splendid. Your characters show up in different stories. So did anyone from this story show up anywhere else?

Regards,

I.W

MasterKoteMasterKoteabout 2 years ago

Enjoyed the read but felt the end was rushed a bit. A few more paragraphs would've probably tied the story up much better but hey I'm just the reader..

AethurAethurabout 2 years ago

As others stated, the abrupt ending really ruined it. Fleshing it out more, or removing the last paragraph for a second part would really elevate the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Like an overwhelming majority of stories on this site, the ending sucked, mostly because it was way too short. In the LW sections especially, there seems to be a large amount of near-lifelike androids running around pretending to be husbands for all the emotion the authors give them. They seemingly can simply switch a circuit off and it's goodbye.

Dobbin55Dobbin55almost 2 years ago

I do hate stories that don't have an ending or so bad an ending that it wasn't really worth writing the story! If you authors take the time to come up with a story, why make the crap decision to not end it properly. I know some of you (authors) come up with the bullshit that you want the readers use their own imaginations to end the story and some other author/s come along and write their own endings, because they're just as pissed off with the original story and some are good endings! It would have come close to 5* with an real ending but only 3* were given!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
2

it was going well until the end. Sounds like the writer got fed up and said thats it

BH54BH54almost 2 years ago

I would have preferred a more inclusive ending. Still, it certainly was a BTB. It would have been nice to know there was going to be something more between Bill and Dana. It would also have been nice to know that Sammy became more of a pariah. Still, I really loved it. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Burn the bitches and their co-conspirators

MkflowMkflowalmost 2 years ago

Just like too many of these stories it ended what should have be the middle of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There needs to be more to the ending. It falls short. LP

dikupinyadikupinyaover 1 year ago
what

it needs more depth at the end, maybe a chapter with bill and dana.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Seriously have to rethink following this author that habitually phones home to cuckville at every opportunity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Accountability is not racist! Thinking that someone isn’t responsible for their choices because of the group they belong to IS racist!!!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"I couldn't do that to Bill. He'd divorce me in a minute.

She saw my trepidation and said, "Sammy, Bill isn't here. You are. I am, and I want you."

That was all it took. I moved in and kissed her passionately. The kiss felt like my first kiss with Bill in that closet. She slid my dress down and I stepped out of it. We laid in bed and made love."

=== wow from "I can't cheat" to "that was all it took" in one sentence. Quite a conscience she has...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To the commenters below: you fo realize this is part of a long story arc for all the characters involved, yes? Bill + Dana, Carly and Alan, Carly's family, etc. On a different note, it is oddnthat Sammy was so smitten and stupid that she did nit even hide anything. She was gone for a couple of months (past nomination?) and saw her husband like twice a month, never overnight and never having sex with him. Boy that wouldn't raise suspicions would it? And Carly is so narcissistic and besotted as thr seducer (see her other stories that follow) that she doesn't have a lick of sense in inviting a new campaign staffer to their room? She also is so possessive of Sammy that she doesn't let her see her husband almost at all. Sammy wasn't even speaking to him either any real frequency. At the party, she spends the time with Carly and blows her husband off. That is a sign of narcissim, where despite intelligence their hubris makes them do stupid things in pursuit of what they want. I suspect that Alan was too busy with other things beyond the occasional thressome. What a mess. Not that I would condone it any way it was done, Sammy and Carly should have paid for Bill to come out once a month and behaved and she should have stayed overnight once a week with Bill. Dumb plan. And yeah Sammy btw was execrable. She took very little to get seduced. Bill is out in California and her mind goes 180 degrees from have to get out of here to let's fuck. We see this in her own head. Her sex appeal for a beautiful seductress was far more important than her marriage to Bill. She too felt entitled after she got promoted.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitover 1 year ago

-What it it about U.S. Authors, that quite so many feel compelled to invoke this immature, attention-seeking device of obsessional insecurity by `poking' their audience, probing for their approval with assertions of assumed common ground, that are so parochial as to actually open-up divisions where none had previously existed? One such currently very common device is the one I call "The World-Famous-Stranger"! You known him,.. you MUST know him... Everybody knows the anonymous man? He looks a bit like "the invisible-man! -you MUST have seen HIM? Er...?

-"I would compare her to Hailey Atwell, if I were forced to compare her to someone."

Sorry! But I do NOT live in your back yard, I do not know your Mother-in-Law, nor your best friend, nor your 2nd cousin twice-removed!

Why-the-fook would I know your fantasy fetish-figures?

R.S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

rug munching dirtballs!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Is there a followup story for Bill and Dana? I would like to see that. I have seen some of the followups for Carly & Alan

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 1 year ago

Nice concept. Good bones this story has, not developed and fleshed out like it should have been. Too rushed.

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveabout 1 year ago

That was really good. One of the better ones I've read lately.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I liked this story. Rated it a 5. But it brings to mind, something that makes me sad.... First, neither political party can be trusted. Just look at my home state Illinois- Blagovich and Madigan- But the glue that has held this country together is, the two party system, keeping each other in line. And the voters willingness, to vote out the ones who are caught stealing, or do not accomplish the job, we elected them to do. Sadly, the biggest casualty of the Capital insurrection, and the Republican party continuing the election denying, is that politicians will no longer have to work for us. Because you either support the right, and the dismantling of our constitution and Democracy, or you support the left, in stopping it. In the mean time, nobody is holding anybody accountable for working for us! Thanks Republicans, for taking my choice away, to support you, when I agree with your position , and making me vote straight Democratic ticket. Good job!

R_GazinyaR_Gazinyaabout 1 year ago

Very clever way to turn the political narrative. 5 stars, plus a follow.

Tundah50Tundah50about 1 year ago

Excellent story but I do think it could have been fleshed out more without making the story too long. Still a 5🌟 story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Not a bad story. Rushed ending.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

5 Stars on a good story . Like I believe any Politician . Finding an honest politician is like finding a 60 year old Virgin with 3 kids

miket0422miket042212 months ago

Absolutely nailed it on the media being complicit in the destruction of our country because they've chosen to take sides rather than reporting the facts.

Good story but, a lot of loose threads that could have been wrapped up with another page.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar10 months ago

Good concept, dialogue is excellent. I know t's a normal trope for readers to complain about ending too quickly but in this case I agree. It's like the author just got tired of writing and slapped on an ending. Too bad. Still, it's a solid 4* story.

deependerdeepender10 months ago

"I was a sucker and took her back."

.

End of story.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Playing the readers as if they're mentally deficient, and going by some of the comments you're not wrong. The whole story is telegraphed. Very average, you could and should have done better.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

He knew before why now angry? Bi is only to doupple the fun. But to say this story sucks you have donn better

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

To Anon” He knew before” Comprehension , and grammar , does not seem to be your strength. His wife had only been with women when they started dating. She promised him, that part of her life was over, and she wasn’t going back. Bi is not “ doupple the fun”, as you so eloquently stated. And any kind of cheating in a marriage is a breaking of the vows you took, and divorce is usually going to be the outcome. 5 stars. And please next time, put some sheep in the story, so “ doupple the fun” can relate to it.

Opinionated1Opinionated19 months ago

Another great idea but rushed compared to your usual effort. Seeing the senator and his wife take it on the chin as Bill gets a nightly show on Newsmax with Dana by his side could have been fun

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Story equivalent of waving a MAGA hat in the air. Gave me a good chuckle, if nothing else.

HighBrowHighBrow8 months ago

I don’t usually read the Femdom agitprop when the cheater cheats with her own sex, but I found this story plausible and realistic. I wasn’t drawn into it, but enjoyed reading it.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Liked it but thought the ending was rushed and needed more substance.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

This is like the 4th or 5th story in the LW category that I've come across that doesn't seem to have a good grasp on what being bi actually means, relationship-wise. Strange.

mndhanson017mndhanson0177 months ago

Abrupt ending, like way too abrupt

Chimo1961Chimo19617 months ago

Power tripping women will always trip up

servant111servant1116 months ago

Fragmented mess

3 stars

TechumsahTechumsah6 months ago

Good story not up to usual standard I am a fan of happy endings. Follow up with Dana?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

For so called progressives ANYONE who disagrees with them is a racist. The media frames anything to make the target look like a racist: they've been successfully sued for this 3 times in the last 5 years.

Billy_Ray_BanBilly_Ray_Ban4 months ago

I’m a fan of the simple missive: “How do you know when a politician is lying? Their lips are moving”. Outside of that, about 7/8 of the story was outstanding. But the ending… Not only was it rushed, but you left a lot of meat on the bone with that ending. 4/5 BRB

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Not enough revenge, send her to the shadow realm! (but seriously, what a terrible group of people minus the husband and his new gf)

RimmerdalRimmerdal4 months ago

Entirely too thin.

shadrachtshadracht3 months ago

While we'll crafted, it was ultimately unsatisfying with a ending with no real resolution or closure. 3*

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

You are such a good writer but once again you disappoint. There was a big build up and middle but the end was reminiscent of a first time writer. You gave us all that build up to make us like the wife, the husband knows about her proclivities but still allows her freedom of living without him. Jeeze that story is old and pathetic, you must know what should have been written, warnings, confrontations, demands that she should resign, the options are endless but take a look at what you wrote or didnt write. I think the other comments are more succinct but they say the same.

bacchant2bacchant2about 1 month ago

What husband doesnt confront his wife the moment he gets a sniff of something wrong,

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBh76@Bh76
2/9/24: Out of the Shadows is finally ready and dropping soon. My long-awaited sequel to Heart is Where the Home Is and Living In the Shadows picks up where Living left off and continues the saga of Mel, Joe, Lainey, Ken, and the rest of the gang. My patreon supporters have al...