All Comments on 'I can't Stop the Rain'

by Bh76

Sort by:
  • 182 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Alienation of Affection is horseshit and gets you one star!

I have a rule, I give one star to any asshole who trots out that fake tort called alienation of affection. It is off the books in at least 41 states. Most lawyers in the 9 remaining states won't file because it usually goes nowhere. Wife testifies that she had fallen out of love with you before she met Mr. X and your case is shot to hell.

It's really too bad you had to take the lazy man's way out because the rest of the story was rolling along pretty nicely. Oh, well, better luck next time!

R.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

needs a second chapter for closure

Bebop3Bebop3about 4 years ago

Good story, Mr. 76. Certainly a better and more sophisticated use of politics than MarlboroMan.

DominantYetServile22DominantYetServile22about 4 years ago

Oh the dreaded "liberal politician / lesbian menace" brand of whore-wife story complete with a side plot of the mainstream media trying to cover for the liberal. We've even got a right wing Hannity type helping to save the day. Weird, usually this level of stupid right wing tripe comes from the diseased mind of Saddlebags or whatever that dude calls himself.

vhasstvhasstabout 4 years ago
Pretty good

Not really a huge fan of politics in LW stories but I find this acceptable. Not so much politics as containing moral corruption.

Nicely done Bh76

PowersworderPowersworderabout 4 years ago

Good story, but it ended too abruptly. The aftermath of a bitch burning is always entertaining and it's a shame you skipped over the sleazy senator's campaign falling to pieces.

I was also curious to know what happened to all the major characters afterwards. Did Bill get sued? What happened to the media organisation that killed the story? Did Bill end up with Dana? What happened to Alan and Carla? Did the Democrat party distance themselves from the toxic couple? Did Sammy lose her job and go back to being a head-shaving dyke?

Dont_miss_meDont_miss_meabout 4 years ago
Next time...

Leave the politics out.

KayaknhKayaknhabout 4 years ago
Loved it.

Liked the pov shifts that were kept clear. Though I thought Sammy's description of here fall back into girl girl sex was a little weak. Not enough to change my 5 stars but still soft.

For "alelienation of affection" annon - Dude this is America. You can sue anyone for anything. In this story the suit is used to humilate and serve notice on the candidates wife. It is about making it public. Not necessarily winning in court.

If the author shows the court case and wins millions then your critique is valid. But in this story it is not a weak plot device. It is an effective tool to strije out at a public figure.

kimi1990kimi1990about 4 years ago
I don't think so.

After my head stopped spinning from all the point of view changes, trying to figure out whose brain was being occupied at the moment, this was quite a lackluster story.. This was pretty much a sexist homophobic political dress on a garbage can.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

Three page story, and a full page of how they met, etc.? I can see SOME, her lesbian background, etc. IS important to the story, but not worth a THIRD of the story.

"she asked me if I was now comfortable with her not wanting to be with women anymore." - She was probably hoping that he WASN'T comfortable, giving her an excuse to suggest letting her be with women occasionally.

"In reality he had just as much ego as any other politician. Sammy, thought he could do no wrong though, so I kept my feelings to myself." - Always a bad sign when the wife has a higher opinion of her boss than the husband does, though I figured she'd hook up with the Senator's wife.

"Her father made a fortune as a big bank executive." - You don't make a "fortune" as a bank executive. You do well, obviously, but a fortune? Nah.

She's screaming at him over relatively innocent comments?

"He was writing and that made him happy, but he hasn't moved upward." - Ah, the old "my husband isn't ambitious enough" gambit. She seems understanding enough about it here, but I knew that would change.

"Bill had to go to California for whatever little story he was working on." - Rut-roh!

It took less story time to get to her cheating then it did to tell their back story.

"I want you to fill me with your seed." - "Fill me with your seed?" LOLOL!

She's supposed to fly home "often,": even fly him out, and already in the FIRST month he's only seen her twice? It usually takes at least two months for that!

What's Dana doing about her job while she's VOLUNTEERING on the campaign, presumably not making any money?

They don't even feel Dana out before hitting on her??

Why is Dana's mother surprised that her friend is a man? She had a baby, it's not like she's never had men friends before!

Heh, they're so shocked about Dana! What did they expect when they seduced someone they barely knew, without feeling her out first? No pun intended.

Even without the "knowing what she likes" line, there's all the time on the road without the promised trips home. Obviously something was going on.

AutistAdventurerAutistAdventurerabout 4 years ago
One minor point - but an excellent story

Bebop is correct, this is a way better use of politics in a story than Marlboro's attempts.

My only issue is the oft repeated meme that bisexual people *have* to have to get sex from both sexes. They don't, they're simply open to sex with either. Bisexuality is a measure of attraction not of morals; straight, gay and bi people are all capable of fidelity, infidelity and all the variations between.

That being said I do like your stories Bh. Keep them coming.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 4 years ago
Re: Anony, alienation of affection is horseshit

There actually was a successful alienation lawsuit recently, in South Carolina if I remember correctly, though it was the first one in years. I’m sure most attorneys would go there even where it was possible, but against a potential presidential candidate, whom the author tried to describe as Bernie Sanders, that’d be one Hell of a hook.

The politics was done far more subtly than Winston Man would have done, enough so that it didn’t ruin or overpower the story. Still, it seemed to me that the last half of the story was rushed, certainly at a different pace than the first half. It read as though the author was having trouble trying to figure out how to introduce the adultery, and then settled on the change of perspective method. I think it would have worked better having skipped the change of perspective and stuck with what he saw on TV.

The part about the candidate himself fucking Sammy was unnecessary to the plot, and added nothing. Of course, Marlboro Man will like that a liberal senator had a small dick!

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonabout 4 years ago
Ending seemed abrupt...

Usually, bringing politics into a story will enrage at least half of your readers, so it's best to just leave it out. Gotta say though, submitting a story - involving politics - for Loving Wives, the most lambasted category on this site? You've got balls of brass dude, I swear.

IMO, I thought the ending was too abrupt; more detail was needed on the fallout from releasing the video, how it affected each campaign, Sammy's response during the divorce, did Bill ever discover the Senator's involvement, did Bill get sued, etc. Also, Sammy didn't seem to give two hoots about her marriage by the end; one phone call and a final apology is all Bill got from her? Sounds perfunctory, so we're left wondering if she really ever cared.

Still a very nice story, I enjoyed it. Although I've read other stories here on Lit that revolved around political campaigns, this story seemed fresh. Well done. Thanks for posting.

vickitvohiovickitvohioabout 4 years ago
Great story part two?

It really was a great story that just stopped quickly. Still 5*. And to all the “anonymous” jack asses (this one for alienation of affection) that give 1*s, own your words. People put effort into writing stories, some good, some bad. This was good. If you’re going to throw all of that effort out b/c you have a burr up your ass about something, put your name on it. I don’t care if alienation of affection is still valid, you can still bring a lawsuit against anyone. They may throw it out, it in this case, politically it would be VERY damaging.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Better than Marlboro Man

No preaching, or patronizing or even something that came out from Fox News propaganda. Take notes, MM.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good story

Agree, a 2nd chapter would be nice

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Politics

Bebop beat me to the punch, where you incorporated politics in a little more creative way, without it blaming all of society's ills on those Dems, or how Republicans hold the moral high ground. People of all parties are human, and as such, have flaws and shortcomings.

The only real criticism is that it could have been a little longer. It seemed you finished it a little abruptly, perhaps showing the fallout in greater detail might have given a little closure to the story. Might even be a part II lurking in the mind.

Thanks for the nice read!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I was going to give you 4*

I was going to give you 4*, But I read the comments before I rated it. The Anon that gave you 1* because he hated the 'Alienation of Affection' suit was kinda irritating. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. So in by opinion, you deserved an extra star because of him. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Only a one

Any politics that is entered into a story, we should ALL give it ones, then maybe they would stop. There is no place for it here. That especially goes for the Marlboros crap.

DearfieldDearfieldabout 4 years ago
Great Story

Rushed it towards the end,I agree it needs closer in second part.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 4 years ago
Very good but rushed ending

So much more to that story.

InkhornInkhornabout 4 years ago

Not bad! The resolution is somewhat lacking, though. The story had a wonderful build-up and then just... stopped.

MordechaiJonesMordechaiJonesabout 4 years ago
I liked the political slant

Especially since you didn't work in any preaching (for either side). Politics was a side issue to the betrayal, and conflict comes when the protagonist has to burn those he agrees with politically. That conflict would make a good jumping off point for a sequel (hint, hint). Does he remain liberal/progressive? Do his friends ostracize him after he torpedoes "their" politician, or do they support him? Does his conservative family look at this as an opportunity to "save" him, or do they just focus on being supportive? Do his new conservative friends celebrate him and try to exploit his being ostracized by progressives, proving that both sides are equally shifty?

There are a lot of different directions you could take this story. I eagerly wait to see which way you decide to proceed. Whatever your politics are, you have storytelling skills.

wonder203wonder203about 4 years ago
Good story

The end was a bit rushed and needs chapter 2 to flesh out the rest. Lots of fodder to build on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Ugh... no.

The story is just terrible. Read up on Todd Courser for a real life example of the chicanery politicians will use in their affairs than rewrite this accordingly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Enjoyable

But definitely needs to be finished.

FreewheelFreewheelabout 4 years ago
Awesome

Well written and edited. Good use of politics that didn't offend anyone. Thank you for a great story. 5*

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 4 years ago
Ditto what BeBop3 Said

"Five year plans and new deals. Wrapped in golden chains. As I wander, still I wonder, who'll stop the rain?" Best song Credence did.

Story - credible and excellent character development. Hopefully hubby can upgrade - the young lady in the coffee shop would make a great wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Hamfisted

The story felt forced. "Sammy" just suddenly is okay with fucking her boss. I can get her becoming interested in the wife, though it's pretty ridiculous that she'd instantly drop her panties for the woman, but being okay with the husband just shoving his dick into her?

I know the lunatic progressives are generally hypocrites, but that was a bit too much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Decent story

But Bebop thinks the politics are more "sophisticated" than Marboroman's because Bebop just happens to prefer the politics of this story. BTW, anyone who uses the phrase "climate change" is an easily manipulable maroon. The climate always changes, and when the temperature data for roughly 15 years didn't support the AGW schtick, the "Progressives", whose candidate is an elderly Castroite, switched labels and started claiming everything that happened with the weather confirmed their claims.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
obamanpig tale

1nstar

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good Story

A few caveats: the story was well paced, but you really rushed the ending. Every crescendo requires a decrescendo to bleed off the tension. The main characters were very well developed but everyone else was a stick figure. The ’twist’ of the confused wife was presented with grace and believability, neither trivialized nor exploited, just well done. The political aspect of the story was handled gently and was clearly necessary for the plot. It still seems wrong for this forum. Very well done. Thanks for writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good Idea For A Story

A 5 for technical merit, a 4 for the story line (as far as I read into the story), but a 1 for introducing political BS into the story. I have no idea why you did that; it wasn't necessary to move the plot along and didn't make the story better in any way. I'm pretty sure LW's aren't all liberal--it's probably something that crosses party lines, ethnicity, and age groups. Thumbs down. Over all score = 2.

FightingTardFightingTardabout 4 years ago
Rushed

You developed a great story then sprinted to the end.

Could have really fleshed the story out to a true 5 star effort but as it is because of the rushed and incomplete ending it is sadly only a 2

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good start to a story

But you rushed to a conclusion. As I got to page 3 , I was thinking how is this going to wrap up in one page ? And the answer is very badly. A five star story til the last page. Gave you five stars for that, and to continue writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Climate Change Nonsense

Of course climate changes.

But only the most ignorant of fools thinks that billions of people burning fossil fuels and creating greenhouse gases could not at all impact the planet.

These are the same idiots who burn their fingers repeatedly on a hot stove and who believe the world is flat.

hotprof1973hotprof1973about 4 years ago
You’re improving

The politics needed to be here considering why she cheated. This is how to do it, no stereotypes or villainizing, just accenting the conflicts differences in political loyalties can cause. That said, this story’s arch worked a lot better than others. I will again suggest trying using 3rd person instead of multiple 1st person perspectives. The focus of third person can be on one person as limited omniscient and that can shift to other characters . That will work way better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Rushed the end

Need a second chapter. About the fall out . That senator would not got quietly.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Different politics

I really enjoyed your story about the twisted , perverted, sex lives of those on the left. Just kidding , it really was a good story, even with the politics, and probably closer to reality than the other stories. I'm sure shopping of videoes, pictures, tweets, etc ,that can damage a political opponent is a common occurrence. We've seen networks, and publishers hold back stories that are detrimental to people they support, or who have connections politically. You mixed this into a BTB that burns everyone involved in the wrong doing. You left room for a chapter two, I hope you do it.

cybojicybojiabout 4 years ago
Great story

You could do several follow ups on this. Alan deserves to go down also. Dana deserves a story with bill. And sammy needs to go down hard. 5

cybojicybojiabout 4 years ago
Additional comment

Politics of this story were fine. Todays journalists are a joke. They couldnt get it right if it was wriiten for them, oh ya it is. The days of walter croncrite and david brinkly are gone. The profession is a lie. Journalism schools should be closed down for what talent they are turning out. No, i do not not think fox is better.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

@Anonymous Re: Decent story - The "politics" of the story? The politics were actually quite similar to MM's! The bad guy politicians were actually progressive liberals! The difference here was that ALL liberals weren't responsible for ALL the ills of society.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Republican erotica

Literature is the depiction of life as it is, was, or could be.

Erotic literature is the depiction of life interspersed with sex scenes.

Republican erotica is the depiction of sex scenes interspersed with rants about liberals and the mafia.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Funny How

The past couple of stories involving politics show liberals as the cheaters with no morals, but if you search news history, with the exception on Bill Clinton, most sex scandals came from conservatives. So many of them dropped out of races or resigned their seats because of it. I’ve voted both ways based on issues and legitimacy of the candidate, but, I’m seeing a whole lot of hypocrisy from the conservative writers on the infidelity of liberals, when news history leans heavily towards proving the infidelity of conservatives.

TajfaTajfaabout 4 years ago

When I finished this I scrolled up to see if it was part 1. It just finished. No mention of her relationship with the senator or her lying about it being a one time thing. Also what about the fallout for the senator. What happened to her? I did enjoy the story but the ending was rushed. Only 3 stars - sorry.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 4 years ago
As others have said

Some moderation would have made the story better. Wife should have returned home every other week or two, chatted with husband about the campaign life. The spy need not have any connection with the husband, It would have been more believable.

Chilleywilley

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
This was a good story but definite needs a continuous.

Do bill and dana make a go of it. He gets a instant daughter. What happens to the careers of all those cheaters. Please continue.

management91399management91399about 4 years ago

I enjoyed this, it reminded me of the politician from California who had to resign due to a lesbian affair and drug use. My opinion on all this in 2020 is this should never be an issue again in politics after 2016. If we can forgive whats happened in front of our eyes than any pol left or right from here on out gets the same free pass unless they are doing something illegal. SO I found the BTE (Burn everyone) to be a little off putting as would it be even that big of a deal anymore. OF Course our MC gets his divorce but it shouldn't derail the campaign.

Speaking of which I find it unreal that Dana on her first week there gets trotted up to the bedroom for some lickitysplit fun without ever having been vetted or even searched. That was sloppy, I mean it moved the story along in a fun way but seriously would any potential candidate get caught in a room with an open mic recording whats going on? Would that actually happen in real life? ;-)

I think also Bills days as a journalist are over, he'll never get a gig again, maybe he can teach or get some other writing gig but he'll never work for "liberal" press again and once the conservative side of the press is done with his news they'll move on. He's only useful for this one story that they used to take down the Democrat, now thats over what do they need him for. I'd love to see a story that picks up the pieces because Bill set off a bomb that burned everyone. Mutually Assured Burning! And he was totally right to do so but now he has to live with that. Sure he has the love of the waitress but after a few months and once the divorce is finished I assume he's going to be homeless or living with his parents.

I enjoyed the way this couple met and the way she decided to marry him. I agree being Bi doesn't mean you have to have men and women at the same time, it means you could be with either but one at a time. Sammy could rebound with a woman after this and that doesn't make her the villain, the cheating makes her the villain. I also liked the way her disrespect surfaced as she got the promotion, I think she sold herself short, they wanted her their because they wanted to fuck her, not because she was qualified, had she listened to her self she would have realised that being a feminist doesn't mean she can do anything she wants while she's married, it means she equal to her partner and she forgot that when she let herself get bedded.

I'd love to see this continued or expanded in places, I guess the basic premise would have to stick even though i think we're beyond that now and no one need ever resign for sexual promiscuity in politics anymore, just take your lumps and keep on plugging away.

Thanks for the work, appreciate it!

ribnitinribnitinabout 4 years ago
Enjoyed

Enjoyed reading it. You used the politics as part of the story, rather than to bludgeon your readers. I found it ended rather abruptly once the sh*t hit the fan, but hey, you're the author. Your call. 5 stars.

ju8streadingju8streadingabout 4 years ago

too bad he didn't find out about both of them fucking his wife.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 4 years ago
Too bad

Recent stories although good, bordering on very good, authors have chosen to use the space for political statements. Other options were available and you chose to be political. I chose to give you a 1 rating.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Needs more. This was great but needs more

You ought to give marlboroman lessons on including politics without a sledgehammer and preachy diatribe. This was aces. Seriously. Absolutely loved it. Now continue :)

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 4 years ago
Started off slow but

Ended up fucking awesome!

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoabout 4 years ago
Too short...

.....the ending was rushed as though the author got tired of his story and wanted it over and done with.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 4 years ago
A good story

I'd like a follow up, please. But then, I'm greedy.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 4 years ago
As a rule, I do not like stories with politics inserted.

In this case, there was no sermon and no stereotyping. It was just a situation that added to the drama. Good story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Follow ups

There is potential for follow ups. While I argue about the evils of "mainstream media" I would argue that almost all news has become partisan in some way. Beyond that fascinating and there is a lot more to play, aftermath of campaign etc and so on

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

I can still enjoy a story whether or not I agree with the politics. Since it was the characters expressing the opinions and not the author directly, it was part of the story and not a browbeating lecture. He even had the "evil racist right wing nut job" be the only character besides Dana to do right by our protagonist. The politics didn't bother me.

What bothered me was the rushed ending, and Bill never finding out his wife was also fucking the Senator, and without protection. Since the writer decided to make politics such a key part of the story, I was also confused that he didn't tell us the results of the election. An affair these days is no guarantee of a loss. Especially since the Senator wasn't outed as being directly involved in the affair.

That aside, it was a solid story. Thank you for sharing it.

Cog

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Liberals. Enough said

Libs think all this cheating crap is ok. That’s why this world is suffering. And the media sucks.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 4 years ago

Good story - I definitely like the shifting first person - a ‘horses mouth’ reaction carries a bit more emotional depth for me, although the omniscient third would do the trick as well. I don’t think you need a sequel, but I’d love to read an expanded version of this plot as it is. Thanks much. I enjoyed the story

DogFuzzDogFuzzabout 4 years ago
Well Written

I liked the way you divided your story by telling it from each persons point of view. Thanks for sharing.

BeBopper99BeBopper99about 4 years ago

3* It could have been better especially the ending. I cut you 2* for the typical LW stereotypical crap such as the obtuse husband who doesn't do anything about seeing his for months yet can't figure out his wife might be cheating on him. Husband cries more than a junior high girl. Man Up!!!! I don't give a shit about the politics.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 4 years ago
It was okay

And a bit different from the typical politician bones the staff member. I don't care about the politics, in that it seems like right,left or center there are scumbags,the right wing politicians who went after Clinton for Lewinsky had affairs,bastard children,you name it,so they all came stink.

The problem with the story is Sammi, she gets lost in the story,it needs more depth. She falls for the wife's allures but then allows the senator to fuck her? She then proceeds to totally ignore Bill,abandons him and then really doesn't seem so sorry? It makes it seem like she really didn't love Bill or that her bisexuality took away her desire for Bill,which is an old trope.soneone who is bi who is married can be monagamous the way a straight person can be despite working around people they find hot. It would make a lot better story to have a follow through to see what happens. Even if you have Sammi admit that she loved him but found women more alluring it would work better,their final confrontation was wooden to say the least. I doubt the hubby would face a lawsuit, the media outlet he worked for already would be in hot water over canning the story, going after him would make them look even worse,a lot of viewers seeing them cover up a story like this would walk away,slanting news is one thing,hiding it is another.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Good story

Love stories dealing with dirty politicians going down hard. Too close t real life with the newspapers holding off on the story to protect their favorites. I can easily see a rival tv network paying big bucks to get a story like this. MSNBC would do it as quickly as FOX. Politics aside, this was a pretty good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Well done.

The husband was too passive and naive, but I guess you needed him that way to drag out the big reveal. It's an awkward cliche' when the whore wife starts trying to save the marriage. Why would she? She loved the Lesbian sex and the campaign life and the lime light, why would she want the boring predictable underachieving hard tail? She would hate getting caught and embarrassed, but trying to persuade him to take her back, doesn't fit her character and her behavior. She'll just play the Lesbian card and be back in the saddle for the next dyke running for office. There's plenty to choose from.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Political Joke

We have a leader that's on his third marriage and by many accounts he is still cheating and he is surrounded by other conservative cheaters like "rotten rudy" a many time cheater - so you got he politics switched in this hit piece.

imhaplessimhaplessabout 4 years ago
Original

which is something I reallyi like; 5* from me.

nordic46nordic46about 4 years ago

Right wing wingnut authors using Literotica to portray Liberals as the pedophiles, perverts and pimps the conservative administration actually are. Literotica you are now fake porn!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
What the hell????

This was rolling along. Pretty good story. Not a fan of politics - period. But the corruption of power is commonplace. But then the story fell off the cliff! We never see ANY of the fallout. He has one brief conversation with his wife. The lawsuit with Carla Brown is never mentioned again. What happens to Brown's campaign is never mentioned. What happens with their divorce is never mentioned. Did he lose his job? You left out ALL the good parts of the story. This story was completely unfinished. BAH!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
4*s

A fine piece of entertainment 🙂. The characters are.....

Wait, what?

It's over already?

What the fuck....❓❗

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Ending

Ending is too short,where is the aftermath.?

johnadpjohnadpabout 4 years ago
Good Story.... 4 Stars From Me

The story was interesting. While the story had lots of politics it really wasn't about a left/right issue, and really took a shot at the extremes on both sides. Calling Hannity, I mean Hagen, a racist pig (ok, I added the pig part, but if it looks like a pig and squeaks like one...).

The writing could have been slightly better, there was no emotional attachment to any of the characters, ideas and characters not fully fleshed out (for ex. her thinking lowly of his lack of ambition slightly mentioned but not really explored), and the story just ended abruptly. All of these things lowered my score from a 5 to a 4.

sdc97230sdc97230about 4 years ago
The problem with this story is timing

A decade or two ago, either side of the political aisle could be used interchangeably in a story like this because they were equally likely to cheat on their spouses and get it covered up by their supporters. But in today's #metoo environment, anyone seeking the progressive, liberal or even moderate vote will trip over their own feet in their rush to throw their own under the bus for anything that even slightly resembles sexual misbehavior. And looking the other way or covering for it now carries as much of a stigma as actually doing it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
An old cliche is “Power corrupts, absolute power absolutely corrupts”.

Although a cliche, it’s unfortunately true. That’s the reason that we have elections at least every two, four or six years, depending on the federal office. However, we leave incumbents in office over and over, testing the cliche. There’s enough corruption in both of our major political parties, and if you believe that there’s none in the one that you support, you’re either stupid, ignorant or extremely naive. The real question is do we keep the same powerful politician in office for term after term, tempting them with more and more power, or swap them out for some fresh and yet uncorrupted ideas periodically. Good story regardless of political perspective.

patilliepatillieabout 4 years ago
Great satire

or really maybe just commentary on the hypocritical nature of politicians. This is nothing new, "do as I say not as I do mentality". It is the thing I hate most, that poisons me from a person immediately upon discovery. It is what blew HRC up.

Pride and arrogance goeth before the fall.

I will say that the beginning, whereby he bailed out 3 dykes who were protesting someone who wants limited, efficient goverment, put me off for a bit. I really didnt care what happened to Bill, he deserved whatever he got for being such a pussified wimp. Later it was clear this was a not about right or left, but about the nastiness of politics and humans who strive for public office at the "celebrity" level.

Nice job BH and 5*!

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyabout 4 years ago

It was chugging along nicely till you changed the POV. Why write in 1st person if you can't write it all from that person. Destroyed a perfectly average story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
re: nordic46

Right on. It's laughable the idiots that portray liberals as perverts, when in fact the conservative have a monopoly in that area. Just check out how many conservatives have been thrown out of office and have ethical problems in government. The number would astound you. Look it up ass wipes before making false statements. As far as I'm concerned politics has no place on a porn site and I score accordingly. It's bad enough willing cuckoldry has taken over this category, don't need to add politics to the mix.

meucimeuciabout 4 years ago

The politics don't bother me because of her major in college I knew politics would come up. The thing that let the story down was the rushed ending. Because of that I gave it 3 stars but at least he never used the word cuckold a rare thing nowadays.

MollydaKatMollydaKatabout 4 years ago
I luv it when these Libs howl in the comments

Only one person in the comments noticed what actually triggered this story ( at least I'm 95% sure )

Go read up on the former California Congresswoman Katie Hill .

She was a real up & comer in DNC political machine , a Pelosi clone .

Then her Husband , Kenny Heslep, filed for Divorce over her lesbian affair with one of her staffers .

They all 3 rutted together at home in Cali , but when Hill went to D.C. , hubby stayed home and the Staffer moved in . Hubby got jealous , and did almost the exact thing as in this story . You can Google the actual photos of them getting it on , a British newspaper published the photos of the Lesbians in action .

Once it became public , she resigned in shame .

Maybe some of you Asswipes that moan about politics should read a paper once a week !

This story is soooo based on that case .

BH76 , great job , really enjoyed this .

*****

sdc97230sdc97230about 4 years ago
It's unlikely that the senator would have been brought down by this

There are plenty of real-life examples of politicians being brought down by their own indiscretions, but when have you ever heard of one going down because of the misbehavior of someone else? The candidate initially displays disbelief and loyal support for the accused, then over the course of a few days has a series of "frank discussions" with that person, who then publicly falls on his/her sword, expresses contrition and bows out of the public eye so as not to become "a distraction from the important issues." Unless there's proof that the senator himself was involved, he proclaims his determination to save his marriage, goes on campaigning as the tragically wronged yet nobly forgiving husband of his cheating wife and rides a wave of sympathy to a win.

IndyOnIndyOnabout 4 years ago
That it?

Clearly needs a chapter 2.....the aftermath.....destruction.....pain....discovery that the Senator was into threesome....maybe a former staffer come forward? Former pregnant staffer? So many places to go with this.

fritz51fritz51about 4 years ago
Not your best work.

You let the senator's affair participation slide by. Bill never finds out that she screwed Senator Asswipe as well as Mrs. Asswipe. The whole purpose of taking Sammy on the road was to service both of them.

A nice option would have Dana getting a video of all of it or some follow up of her & Bill forging a new life.

Still, keep at it, your effort is appreciated.

johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago

Awww Darn, I was hoping for more, there should be plenty for another chapter. Him finding out that she does both the Senator and his wife, her trying to spin it, how the Senator's wife deals with her lawsuit, his romance with the new girl, lots of stuff. Oh yeah, and a whole lot of 'me too' action from previous girls.

lee5456lee5456about 4 years ago
BTB

Burn bitch Burn

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good, but too brief

This is a great story in general that's simply missing two important catharsis factors-the explicit deconstruction of the cheaters(it would have been fun to watch them try to spin it as a right-wing trick, only to find out she was just looking out for Bill... Also, we don't get to see Bill's company catch hell for sitting on a story), and the burgeoning relationship with him and Dana.

On a related note, it was really fucking refreshing to have someone touch on the hypocrisy of Progressive media, and that's a Progressive saying that! Not to get political or anything, but here's an opinion you can ignore: If we're going to claim that the blatant hypocrisy, cronyism, logrolling, lobbying, power consolidation and agenda-over-decency tactics of the GOP are so wrong, maybe we should avoid using them! And if you NEED to do those things to get elected and actually do good work, then maybe it's the system that's fucked up and not the opposition.

HTW2HTW2about 4 years ago
Good. It needed another 2-3 pages

Overall good. I liked how you portrayed the liberal millennials. Unfortunately, you ended the story way too soon. There was a lot more storyline. Would love to read the rest - the divorce, the Senator’s downfall since his part would become known, and especially, his new relationship with Dana.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Very good story with a weak ass ending.

Wh00sherWh00sherabout 4 years ago

Great story, but it would have been better with another page of the fallout, how he dealt with it and how she did.

WillowghbyWillowghbyabout 4 years ago
Thank You Bh76

First and foremost, thanks for a fun read. Second, thanks for the effort to put this story online in Literotica. My Grammar Nazi side says, "Not great, but good by local standards."

I love the "our candidate" comment associated with the MSM manager. A simple count of positive statements versus negative statement for each of the media outlets will give a clear picture of bias in our media. BTW, works both ways, folks.

Just so my political biases are clear:

a) IMO essentially all political candidates are lying sleazebags.

b) I look for consistency in a candidate i.e. I remember a single 30 minute newscast that showed candidate Bill C saying one thing at an industry managers' meeting, and later that same day saying the opposite at a workers' meeting. Pure vote-for-me lying BS.

c) I look for candidate policies that most closely align with my beliefs.

d) Presto! I have my least despised candidate.

Sorry for the soapbox, but the story contained a touch of political content in the background and I got carried away...

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
He started out as wimp and stayed wimp

1 star kept reading hoping he would grow a pair.

Grew partial.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I wouldn't mind a bisexual girlfriend/wife

But there have to be rules:

A must have is that my sexual life with my girlfriend/wife is not affected.

A must have is that I would never be humilitated.

A must have is that I'm number one against the other lover.

A nice to have is that the lover is shared with me.

In this story she cheated with the senator and violated all rules.

Sorry for writing as Anonymous. I'm trying to activate my account since July 2019, but didn't get support from LIT, Manu or Laurel. If you want to help me create a Thread in the Tech-Support-Forum, contact me: infosauger@gmx.at

TorgauTorgauabout 4 years ago

Great job, true to life. Hope you keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Did Sammy ever give Bill's parents a chance to prove whether or not they were tolerant of different opinions (the brown hair thing)? Or, did she just settle for going with her assumption that they only were civil to her because she fooled them? They must have suspected something when she worked for Sen. Moore, did the writer skip a major blowup over that?

Perhaps we should all be willing to give somebody on whatever is the opposite side a chance. Just saying...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Well the Senator did not win the election.

In fact his party went so far backward they did not win even 1 election college even the extreme left progressive colleges turned against the Senator.

After loosing this Presidential election he tried to regain his Senate seat at the mid term election and was thoroughly trounced.

He later tried to get a State Senate seat but again was trounced.

After this humiliation he divorced his wife and went into business.

Carly and Sammy moved to California and were later married. I wish them the best but do not think they will make it. Carly is the dominant one in the relationship and Sammy does not take submissiveness well.d I

Dana and I did eventually go out together and really clicked. 12 months later I popped the question and she said yes. We now have 2 kids and are expecting our third.

My employer sacked me and tried to sue but the Miles's support they got beaten badly. Miles's company employed me to try and lighten his hard right reputation and together we became one of the best opinion groups on the airwaves.

Oh my law suit against Carly was very successful and I won a high 6 figure sum from her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
The Story Was Obvious

From the very beginning, but that's never the important thing, it's what the author does with the obvious that counts. I'm not going into much detail in my personal political beliefs but just some thoughts on the characters and unfortunately this stories take on the political scene both conservative and liberal is all too real. Way too many politicians from both sides have been caught by similar scandals, the rules don't apply to them. There is an old saying, actually two; "Them that's got the gold make the rules" and the corollary "Them that makes the rules got the gold".

We have two liberals, one ends up being a reporter the other a political operative. He stays true in that there is right and there is wrong, believing in consequences for both. She stays true to her values too, getting seduced by the power of politics and finds justification in ridiculing her husband. There is the waitress with the heart of gold who goes out of her way to help someone she respects. He takes the story to his company and they say to bury it or they will bury him. He does the right thing and goes forward, of course the only way to do that is to go on any opposing tv network and drops the bomb. What didn't make sense to me here is why bother to censor his wife's face out of the video when in the next breath he reveals her identity. Being a good reporter he recorded his boss saying to drop the story or else. Bang, all on national tv. Great way to bring down the whole house, unfortunately at least as far as the story goes the good Senator's involvement didn't come out. But rest assured with all of the other media outlets and bloggers out there people would be more than willing to give him up. Some for money, some for the five minutes of fame and some because it was the right thing to do that they didn't have actual proof or didn't think anyone would believe them before. You can bet the farm that any lawsuit against the husband by his company would be worldwide news and with the huge amount of their bias being revealed would destroy many lives and careers as it should. Just the other day in the car my wife had a radio network on that I Used to respect. Two different shows where the hosts (one male and one female) were 'discussing' the statement just given by a cabinet official that we had just listened to. Both of them either deliberately misstated or flat out lied about what he said. He may have actually meant what they stated he said, BUT that was Not what he Did say. Hell the scumbag Senator and his skank wife could become carpetbaggers, move to New York and she could get elected to the Senate herself. If he had gotten elected to the White House the scandal would have broken there, it would be too big to hide. The days of Camelot are long gone and those clan secrets are still coming out. This story struck me as all too real, politics as usual. If what Bill did was done in the real world it would give me hope but I'm just not too sure there are that many reporters like Bill out there any more. I'm afraid they may have died out with the likes of Murrow, Cronkite, Wallace and all of the rest from those eras. Can you think of anything more terrifying back in the day than being a politician sitting in his plush tax payer paid for office and having an assistant come in telling you that Mike Wallace is in the lobby with a camera crew? He want to talk to you! One more thought, all men don't break down and cry when they discover their wife is a cheating slut. Signed: BTW **********

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Political Personalities

Some years ago, I helped a politician who needed a convertible to ride in a parade. I liked him personally, we met up at the parade and before you know it, we part. Well, not so fast... later that month, some staffer called for the same reason. Only that parade was clear across the state. We had no other reason to go, except the adventure, but it went about the same- briefly. Meanwhile, we notice his stump speech is the very same- promises of this and that, cut waste, work hard, expose corruption, blah, blah. And these days, regardless of personal opinions, the pol must declare fealty to the party's biggest cause. Just like Campaign2020.

Now here is the biggest secret: when we sat with some campaign workers (especially female), all they could talk about was who had visited our candidate last week; especially, how powerful Senator Bigfoot happened to be, how he spoke TO HER! Omigod! Such important people, like this is the center of Power!

I could hardly finish my dessert as she all but had an orgasm at the table. This is the crux of the story- groupies who feed off the power these men and women exercise. Plenty of opportunities at these rallies.... Like drug users, any other vow is easily broken.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal1969almost 4 years ago

I agree with many others. Fun story but needs more added to the end to wrap up the remaining story lines. Thanks.

OlFrog14xOlFrog14xalmost 4 years ago
A defining moment

for Sen. Brown. He best option is to burn his wife and Sammy, claim he knew nothing, and plan to pay enough for them to disappear, but that has to happen instantly.

He does not seem fast enough to adjust to a changing reality, so his opponent would seem to be a better nominee.

swedishreader1swedishreader1almost 4 years ago
You write

Interesting stories with different angles than most lit authors.

This one was also very good. ....the amount of salt in the comments from mindless social justice warriors is priceless.

They hate the story because there is so much truth in it.

Keep up the good work.

5*

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBh76@Bh76
2/9/24: Out of the Shadows is finally ready and dropping soon. My long-awaited sequel to Heart is Where the Home Is and Living In the Shadows picks up where Living left off and continues the saga of Mel, Joe, Lainey, Ken, and the rest of the gang. My patreon supporters have al...