All Comments on 'I do not Think So Again'

by Wonderman1

Sort by:
  • 207 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

UGH, yawn inducing. Could have been so much better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

OK, Anon didn't care for the story but won't say why. I liked the story but it was all about the husband.

To be honest, I feel frustrated because I don't really know anything about Jill. We don't really know why she did it, everything that she told Harris was an excuse. I'd like to know what it was that Harris was fighting against.

I'm curious about how the work dynamic was for her after her co-workers learned about her divorce.

And how her daughter dealt with the whole thing.

If it had been a really dull story I wouldn't be sitting here wanting more detail.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 6 years ago
Need more about jill

Why she did it and why would she risk seeing him again. Self sabotaging person. Good stuff and please keep writting!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
insipid and moronic

soooo much telling

rule #1 Show, Don't Tell!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Long

Long, drawn out crap.

kdcee79kdcee79over 6 years ago
Nope

Ok, so this was supposedly edited, nah, sorry, but if this was then you must have played with it afterwards because there were just so many errors throughout this tale. I guess like many other readers I read for enjoyment but this failed that test for me. You took a quite common plot & managed to dress it in rags where the better authors would have at least made sure the clothes fitted. Poor. 2 **

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Non Erotic

No L.W., no sex but still in L.W. WHY??? zero stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

illiterate cuck shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
top drawer

a good look at life in the real world.... we all would do an element or two differently but for the most part right on...

Sidney43Sidney43over 6 years ago

I guess the story is real enough about a common situation, but it came across as a bit boring and dry. Perhaps it was the lack of the wife's side of things, so it was pretty much just a narrative from the husbands point of view. The structure where most paragraphs were just a sentence or two made the overall reading experience less than optimal for me. I would have liked to have the wife explain why she went to her lovers apartment and just had Pizza, what could she possibly have been thinking?

sloggersloggerover 6 years ago
Protagonist missed something

Harris well could have gone to her work and given the information to her boss, or higher ups and had his attorney threaten a law suit. That would have put the asshat in his place, probably losing his job and really screwing with his soon to be ex. Missed an opportunity there. He had all the evidence.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
"Loyal wife strays"

A "Loyal wife strays"? Isn't that a contradiction in terms?

Wonderman1Wonderman1over 6 years agoAuthor
i need to apologize to Black Stallion

I obviously had some issues with story. My computer crashed after editing it and I had to re write it. It was done hastily and was working on another part from Jill's perspective but have not finished. Many of the comments are spot on, but I think I will just dump the second part. Anyway I appreciate you all reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@sbrooks103 - loyal wife strays

Contradiction, you ask?

Not according to reedricards or carolinadreamer...wives cheating for no reason is what makes them human. Husbands are just supposed to shrug it off with an ''Oh well.''

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 6 years ago
People do dumb things without reason

But they don't change. So why would she go from loyal, devoted wife to an adulteress in only a few short weeks and what does it say about him that his immediate response to her behaviour is that she's having an affair?

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
Sorry but this was sterile and emotionless

His mind was made up before his week out town. He spoke more to her work colleagues and his attorney about what she might be doing than his wife. Even had divorce papers prepared.

If he had confronted them or gone to the big guy's boss or spent as much effort with her the outcome may have changed. He chose to do yard work, watch football, drive past Robert's home, ask the neighbor to watch the house, everyone else.

Even the confrontation was counterproductive. Takes a video, has the bully on the floor crying, and asks the cheaters to keep quiet and not tell anyone?

meh

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Reads a bit like

a story about fresh paint drying.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Part 2?

Hi, thanks for the story, I liked it;)

I found the characters “congenitally” credible but I lacked depth.

I would have liked to seen more character development over a longer time span.

you are obviously very talented, & i hope to read more from you.… good luck;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good and Bad

The storytelling is dry. It reads like a bad history book.

But the events and story itself were believable and true. Even with the dry writing, it left you in pain for this selfish messed up woman and her victims.

timrivtimrivover 6 years ago

Needs work...

Story is all about the husband’s bruised ego and pride. He easily throws away a 25 year marriage because she strayed for a couple weeks,

This is a common storyline on this site,

Would like to have had a more in depth look at the characters and their life together.

This would have a better story if the husband has fought for his wife(woman) and tried to go for professorial help together instead of her alone to find out why she strayed and what caused it. He has to shoulder some of that blame. But instead it all about him laying down ultimatums. it a typical angry male BTB ending with both parties living alone unhappy and sulking. 2*

patilliepatillieover 6 years ago
Sad story

that rings quite true. Told in a matter of fact style that leaves a lot of the emotional drama for the reader to fill in.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Thoughts

Very minor point, but she's saving her vacation days for the end of the year, so what's she doing when he takes HIS vacation days earlier?

She "did not want to get involved." - Well, guess what? By effectively covering for her, you ARE involved!

She almost never wears the red an black lingerie, and now he sees BOTH in the hamper?

When she bitched about the clothes, I would have taken scissors to them and say, "You never wear them for me anyway! Just who ARE you wearing them for?"

"He said the car was parked overnight" - After having had the whole week, why wait to have him stay over?

"I was just trying something new" - Why does "trying something new" have to include shutting off your husband?

"You know me I have never acted that way." - Maybe not fucking until a few days ago, but she's been acting "that way" for weeks, and just where Haverford get his ideas about Harris if not from her, or at least without denying them!

"You are so loving, caring, and kind. He was like a wild man who was going to take whatever he wanted." - I've said this many times, maybe Harris would have liked to "just take her" sometimes; I wonder if he would still have his balls if he tried!

How could she think her co-workers wouldn't see? Not to repeat myself, but why does fooling around with someone else mean she can't have sex with her husband? It certainly puts the lie to any claim that she still loves him!

I love his response when she made her excuse about "trying something new," he hasn't said it (yet), but I suppose she would have been fine with HIM "trying something new"!

"He liked using me has his toy." - And you let him!

She was making quite conscious decisions to shut her husband off, Haverford wasn't even there, so she couldn't have been under any sort of a spell!

Robert's her supervisor, I believe, that give her a sexual harassment charge against him. No matter how consensual it might have been, there is implied coercion when propositioned by a superior.

She deleted the communications because she wanted to "start new," but she was already deleting them before she even knew that Harris knew! She was obviously hiding them.

What the hell was she doing in Robert's office for an hour? It shouldn't take her that long to tell him to fuck off and leave her alone! Then ANOTHER 30 minutes?!

She didn't even argue or question when he said he wasn't coming for Thanksgiving?

"Work was going to be intense as it was Black Friday" - It's not even Thanksgiving yet, how can it be Black Friday?

Why would Jill NEVER move? If she REALLY wants to stay together she WOULD move!

While I somewhat understand her not hounding him, but it still seems odd that she only contacted him a "little."

Why would she feel that she "has" to go to the Christmas Party?

"It is for my job, they like to see couples and it can help me." - Why should her job really care, and will it help her job if he decks Robert?

While I understand maybe trying to catch her slipping up again, even if she DOESN'T, isn't what she's already done enough to end the marriage?

Do office Christmas parties require tuxes?

Why would she be so stupid as to lie about a presumably innocent lunch and a quick visit to the house? Does she not even consider the POSSIBILITY that he knows, and is going to catch her in the lie?

It doesn't matter WHAT Phil has photos of, just the fact that she is THERE when she says that she's having nothing to do with him is enough! Why does she bother trying to whitewash her presence at Robert's? It obviously makes no difference!

"She always thought we would get back together." - How could she POSSIBLY think that when she is still seeing Robert and lying about it, whether they're having sex or not?

bruce22bruce22over 6 years ago
Interesting Case

I do not understand why she thought that there was any chance after having been caught "en flagrante", She kept right on lieing after she claimed she would do anything to heal the breech. She seems to be trying to fool herself, or maybe she has a split personality?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
@slogger Re: "Protagonist missed something"

This is a common FALSE trope! He has no suit against the company, MAYBE if they knew about it, but there is no indication of that. His WIFE could charge Robert with sexual harassment and get him fired, maybe get a settlement from the company for HER!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
@timriv Re: "Needs work..."

"Story is all about the husband’s bruised ego and pride." - So what? HER ego and pride wouldn't be bruised if he cheated on her?

"He easily throws away a 25 year marriage because she strayed for a couple weeks" - First, it was more that a "couple" of weeks; second, SHE'S the one that threw it away, and third, she didn't "just stray," she was cutting him off as well. Hell, if she hadn't cut him off she might have gotten away with it!

"This would have a better story if the husband has fought for his wife(woman)" - Why should HE have to fight? He already won when she said "yes" to his proposal and "I do" at their wedding! SHE should have fought and told Robert to stick his nine-inch cock up his ass!

So many wonder "why" she cheated. Unless it's DIRECTLY do to something he did, what does it matter? She was bored/frustrated/curious, you fill in the blank. Do any of them make her less of a cheat?

Where was the BTB? They got divorced and split the assets! I bet a lot of the cheated on husbands whose wives took them to the cleaners would LOVE to be beaten like that!

"Unhappy and sulking"? - That may describe her, but him? Not so much!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A Good Story Tells Itself

This story was a narration, not a tale. While told in the first person, it was like reading an "after action" report. I applaud the author for taking his time and creativity to create his story, but recommend he take devote more effort to exploring the desolated wastelands of his main characters' hearts. Jill is drawn as a one-dimensional cheater and the protaganist is a vulcan, stoic and emotionless. No real reason or driving clause is given as to why, after all they're together, all the years where they created and adjusted to each others schedules, likes, and pecadillos that suddenly she changes. Still, Thanks for the effort.

mordbrandmordbrandover 6 years ago
@Timriv

He didn't throw his marriage away, she did. How did you get the idea it was his fault? Did you read and comprehend the story? He clearly stated that he had taken numerous steps to enliven the marriage after they became empty nesters. He tried date nights. He tried sex toys and other aids, which she specifically shot him down on. He tried illustrating to her that he knew something was afoot over the new lingerie. He even sort of gave her a second chance which she shit all over by repeatedly seeing the person she had been screwing.

None of it worked because she apparently wanted to be dominated, but not by him. She wanted the loving, cuddly hubby and the dominant bad boy at the same time. It's no different from guys cheating because they want a 'respectable' wife that doesn't do 'nasty' things, so they find a side slut for those activities.

Now I don't expect you to agree since, per your bio, you wife cheated and you forgave her. I don't know your personal tale beyond that, but if you wife did some fucked shit like this one did and you still stayed with her, all I can say is I am seriously sad for you.

luedonluedonover 6 years ago
Re: Anonymous response to SB - "Loyal wife strays"

Anonymous, you say "Not according to reedricards or carolinadreamer...wives cheating for no reason is what makes them human."

Nobody does anything for no reason, and RR and CD are not the offenders in suggesting that wives cheat for no reason. It's the average LW writer who wants to get quickly past the 'Extra-marital Fun' part of the story and focus on the husband's response, ranging from revenge/retribution to submissive acceptance of their cuckoldry.

Wives are having much more Extra-marital Fun in other categories these days. A Welsh farmer's wife really enjoyed herself on a Spanish holiday in the current list of Erotic Couplings stories. She wouldn't have enjoyed herself nearly as much in LW.

Lue

ju8streadingju8streadingover 6 years ago

emotion wise it seems dry

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Nice story.....finally a writer with some respect and dignity! 5* for this tale

Well done and congrats to this author.

His story is powerful, strong message, well written, great context and full of passion.

I liked how the author stands like a real man and confront his wife's lover with self-respect, honor and dignity. This is a how a husband should do.....and not like a wimp cuckold most of the writers do.

As I am a long term married woman with couple of kids I can tell this story is a true and powerful message for all married women thinking in get a lover, as well as what to expect from a hubby to act as a real man!

This story is so enjoyable to read all the way through.

5* for this well done story

Lovely,

KP

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Stop

Stop right where you finished this story. dont make a next reinstatement story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Ok for the most time part

I’m a sucker for that type of story. Not bad. I’d like to hear her tell her side and her downfall and the fallout

fifteen16fifteen16over 6 years ago
Good

Well written and a good read. I am not picking on women here because men stray in real life as much if not more than women. But in so many stories we have the wronged husband who is suffering then makes life worse by leaving the comfort of his home. Why not tell her to leave, no she cannot be forced but he can can continue to use another bedroom, fend for himself in the kitchen or eat out. Everything he is familiar with and needs is at his home, ignore her and get on with life. So PLEASE fellow readers contact me and tell if this really happens. I know i would not leave my home for a hotel room however nice some are, i would stay and let her explain why i was not taking part in the celebration..

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
The only thing I would change in this story

When he pulled out the gun, he should have shot his balls off. He could always plead temporary insanity. At the very least, when he had that bastard on his hands and knees begging for his life, he should have kicked that miserable bastard right in the nuts. About 3 times.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 6 years ago
Adequate to Good Read - Author Worked the Loving Wife Tropes Like a Pro Boxer Pummels the Heavy Bag

A great loving wife story makes readers think they're watching a heated and hotly contested fight . Things at that level get messy and frenzied. That's the spirit the author needs to capture to go to next level. Jill was too much akin to car that had worn out its function and was unreliable.

The author is just starting out and has potential. Eddie Van Halen was contest - level pianist before he picked up guitar said " you learn the rules so you can break them. Wonderman definitely knows the cliches , now he has to disregard them, take chances and listen to unconstrained voice that emerges.

I thank the author for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good story, but what about her side?

You told a very good tale. But all of these stories come up short. They all need a few paragraph from the whore wives. What went throught her mind when she cheated. Come on...you can do it. Give us her perspective and finish the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
ZZZZZZZZZZZ

A very, very long, very boring novel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good for him

I did the reconcile thing with my ex wife after she cheated the first time, when after 7 years together the very first time a problem developed (money problems) she chose not to work the problem out but start fucking around with some old friend of hers. I should have my fucking head examined for taking her back, even if I didn't want to see it then, the way in which she did this was especially disrespectful, the kind of shit someone does when they are getting off on risking getting caught and she didn't snap out of it until I was packing my shit and leaving. After all the "I'm so sorry" bullshit and all the work to fix things (which in retrospect was mostly me working to "learn" to trust her again since the only real work for her was to try to communicate more and keep her goddamn legs shut to other men), of course about 2 years later she suffers a death in her family and starts right back down that path, getting distant and eventually fucking some world class jerkoff ex-con who treats her as his personal 3 hole booty call instead of a partner, who she promptly left me for. It should have never came to that, she didn't deserve that 2nd chance to begin with and deep down I knew it. Five years later she's still with him but I know for a fact she's cheated on him with about 6 different guys but he seems to be almost intentionally oblivious to it all, and I'm still so wracked with trust issues that I figure I'm never going to be good for anything other than one night stands or friends with benefits moving forward in life. The second time was the one that really fucked with me, because it was obvious that she saw my forgiveness and the sacrifices I had made for her as weakness and not love and was seeking some jackass who would make her feel like he's doing her a favor by sticking it in her and not sending her on her way like a paid whore after. And it was my fault, 100% my fault, she is a cheater she does what cheaters do, and I fucking knew better. To any man or woman who has a partner cheat and then beg for a second chance I would remind them of the old saying "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me."

danoctoberdanoctoberover 6 years ago
Loved it !

Great story. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Gooc

Good but somehow I didn't like the ending.

Why would she keep seeing the guy?

MbgdallasMbgdallasover 6 years ago
Just another idiot man.

Got his ego hurt and then cut his nose off to spite his face. He just proved he never loved his wife. Love doesn’t die that quick and if you love you fight for your marriage. At least she was fighting for it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Oh oh!

He pissed on the carpet. That would have done it for me, right there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@Mbgdallas

roflmao, im sorry where was the fight when the wife was cheating?

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 6 years ago
@Mbgdallas how was she fighting while still meeting with her lover?

Jill continued to meet with Mr big dick at work and at his home while lying to her husband when he asked if she was still seeing him. Jill was infatuated with the aggressive style of Mr bigdick and loved what she had with him. She understood that her lover was only using her and she wanted the security of her loving husband of 25 years while she had her "little fling". Sorry but you don't get it both ways and her selfishness actions doomed her marriage since her husband could never trust her again to repeat her desired sexual fling. Why not cut her lose at middle age and find a lady with the loyalty of a long term marriage one that Jill never could convince "anyone" that she could do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Just another heartless CUNT wife

at least the husband didn't wimp out and put up with the Cunt. He ha self respect and did what was right. Dumped the backstabbing Cunt and moved on. Good for him. Only the Cunts and sissys wont like this. Tough shit for them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good

Good for him. No cuck crap here

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

If you respect the written word don’t even try to read this. I understand that stories are free here, and you get what you pay for, but this is written at the fifth grade level. The punctuation is random at best. Periods mostly come at the end of things resembling sentences, but there is no rhyme or reason to the use of commas. The vocabulary is rudimentary and unimaginative. If you are writing for any audience, words and punctuation are your tools. Learn to use them.

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
PEOPLE WHO HAVE TO THINK ABOUT AN ANSWER

might as well not say anything, TK U MLJ LV NV

likeboblikebobover 6 years ago

IMHO this effort is much better than your first. Thanks for posting. I look forward to more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Pretty good.

I managed to get a clear sense of his anger despite what some commenters see as the objective style. You delivered a mature, strong and believeable story with a justified and credible BTB. Although the worthless, lying slut still got off lighter than some and with little to no humiliation, I think purely from a sense of personal enjoyment I would have prefered the the bastard boss got burned too. Incomplete justice, well, just isn't justice and any "happy" ending for me at least, needs the balance restored.

Good effort though. Thanks for an enjoyable story 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Well written story

I really appreciated this story from a new author and wih him good luck wit his stories in the future.

Best regards from "Winterfrog"

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 6 years ago
Apology appreciated

Wonderman ... the apology to your editor is appropriate and I appreciate that.

My subsequent question is WHY were you in such a great hurry after the original, EDITED version was lost? And, why did you not explain that the original was edited but not the posted version?

Disjointed. Odd time shifts. Ambiguous at times regarding who is speaking or the person being discussed. Endless repetition, often in adjacent (short) paragraphs. Excessive narration (but not as bad as some that are totally narrated.). Why use two co-workers as his spies?

SBrooks does yoeman’s work in outlining problems. Good Work! WMan, your grade will NOT be docked if your posting is late! Quite the opposite.

Ultimately, This tale can be fairly precisely summarized in 4-5 sentences. Less precise ...”Hubby comes home to find Sweetie boffing her boss, so abandons her.”

The author’s next task is to fill that in so the two main characters and the third wheel (Bull Boss) are made human including attitudes, motives, actions and emotions. In this tale, We-The-Readers primarily see Hubby’s anger (and work pressure.) We are given very little about Sweetie, except the usual ‘cheater mantra!’ We actual see a LITTLE deeper into Bull Boss than we do into Sweetie. BTW ... Bull Boss is clearly pretty STUPID for taking Sweetie to lunch (and VERY stupid for going to their house and taking Sweetie to his house) after being convincingly threatened with having his genitals shot-off at the initial confrontation.

2*

AnnetteBishopAnnetteBishopover 6 years ago
Great story

An excellent recounting of what can go horribly wrong when one partner acts without the inclusion of or discussion with the other partner. I see it a lot. Really unfortunate - many times it happens when the male of the relationship decides that he wants a ‘hot wife’. He will encourage and cajole a woman who is not looking into looking. If he’s successful he has usually shortsightedly not taken into account his reaction when he gets what he wants, so to speak. The rest is history. Good story xoxoxoxoxo Annette

QuietlyLurkingQuietlyLurkingover 6 years ago
Not awful but not good.

Aside from the confrontation scene, the characters are all very wooden. Dialog is often awkward. Supporting characters largely lack clear purpose. Would be interesting to see what a good editor could do with this.

kuroneko_dkkuroneko_dkover 6 years ago
@timriv

You think this is a BTB. Feminazi or just a soyboy?

AyreGuardAyreGuardover 6 years ago
Close but no cigar.

You told a story, the kind one tells if he is wanting to put his audience to sleep. I will admit my gut tightened into a knot when he was ambushed by his mother-in-law and wife. In the rest of the story, your protagonist simply went through the motions. The neighbor was a nice touch and the weapon with one bullet with the man not only pissing the floor, but admitting his wife was a poor lay worked well. However, you failed to build the emotion into an epic ride. Instead, this was more of a kiddie rollercoaster ride ending with Stephanie living closer to mom and the ex-wife being alone and the protagonist now married to his job. Was this a true story that was more boring than reality or a fictional story that did not live up to its potential?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great Story

Great story!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
@Mgbdallas

I know it's been said before, but you blame the husband's "ego."

So, the WOMAN'S ego wouldn't be hurt if her husband cheated? Isn't it the stroking of HER ego at attracting another man the primary reason for her cheating?

As for "fighting" for their marriage. it's pretty hard to fight when your ally has already surrendered!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
lots of idiots in the comments

"his ego got in the way....bla bla bla. she's so stunning and brave." his ego (which isn't a small thing) wasn't the only thing shattered. his trust. his entire world-view stopped existing. that is why you can NEVER get revenge on a cheater. You can never hurt them like they hurt you. His pride, his trust, his BEDROCK world view of having a loving partner that will work with him in thick and thin, rain and shine. (a world-view he has built MANY other worldviews upon for 25 years!)

That's not a "couple of week". She utterly set fire to over 25 years of his fidelity and commitment. He could have lied to her too, used her too, found excitement outside her trust too. But he didn't. And that's why you can never revenge a cheater, you can NEVER duplicate that feeling. She'll never understand that feeling of someone using you so completely. That's why she's so desperate to get him back. He's better than her in every single way. She didn't quit her job and promise to never see him again, and she didn't admit to family/friends/co-workers. She lied to them too, warped her soul by not speaking truths anymore. When you don't speak in truths, your essence suffers. And we see that he wanted her to stop associating with her fuck buddy, and she made excuses. Her reputation and her job were more important than working on a second chance. At that point he wasn't second place, he was fourth place!!!

And ego, pride. All the soy beans out there, listen: Pride in what you do makes you get out of bed, clean your damn house, sort out your goals, make meaningful friendships, give back to the community you live in. Pride makes roads, bridges, farms, infrastructure. Pride built this world. It has a dark side, but men and women that buy into this "evil white imperialistic patriarchy" boogeyman tin-foil hat nonsense NEED (and i'm not being hyperbolic here) NEED to understand the absolute GOOD in pride. You hurt someone's pride, you better be have a good reason. A human being's reputation (especially men) is built on pride. At least a woman is valued just by virtue of being a woman that can raise the next generation. A man is seen as utterly garbage until he can prove he has value to offer society, and he through effort and grit can earn a little bit of pride and ego.

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754over 6 years ago
Grammar and punctuation

Learn how to use Quotes properly and question marks. It would have been a lot better if some effort on those things.

Wonderman1Wonderman1over 6 years agoAuthor
to anonymous 1-30-18

Your comments are incredible. I have never seen it articulated as well about ego and pride. Well done sir and I appreciate your thoughts.

NATHANBRITTLESNATHANBRITTLESover 6 years ago
5 Stars

Excellent character development and storyline. Really enjoyed this tale, but the writing could benefit from editing. Great Work, I look forward to your future work. Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Missed the boat

If the story were true, ole Harris missed the boat. Asshole Robert obviously had a ego, so if he pushed it Robert would have beat the shit out of him, and Harris should have let it happen. Think of the millions he lost by not letting his wife's boss beat him up in his own bedroom after fucking his wife, a subordinate. But other then that, the story was good. I would have enjoyed it better if that was in there and he end up a millionaire and she in a hovel and the asshole along with his company paying him the big bucks.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 6 years ago
good story

but good god ur editor needs an editor. starting to think those so called editors are not really editing

a good skimming story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
stfu and stop crying

I found the crying in this story excessive...the first time I've had this complaint. Is this a subterfugal story, like a French kiss after the strange blowjob? There are many good alternatives to show emotion....lump in the throat, tightness of chest, nauseas, leaden stomach, feet pulled out from under, despair. They need context to work. But just saying he visited and cried is weak past the first week or 3. Sure it's excusable, but a session that deserves note in a story is only appropriate for the most acute phase of a breakup. At least soften it to expressions of expression of emotion...poured out heart, bared soul, examined the depths, compared scars, peeled scabs, laid it out, held nothing back...and so on. It felt like he was characterized by his crying. There are numerous reasons to cry! There's not even a reason he cried like "as if his best friend had died" or a simple "for the loss of love". Or even amidst tears, holding back the faucets, sprung a leak, vision blurred, misty...then you can go surreal and make it part of the environment, like fog rising from the ground. Unless it's wailing like a woman losing her child, find a bit more variety in male emotional expression. Seeing he cried with no literary support is cheap and lazy and all it needs is a bit of variety and a reason....dialogue usually does this part.

And it's weird the hand full of stories where the husband chooses to go to prison. That one story with Jennifer Jelissa Jacy and someone else, he admitted to a crime that cursory investigation would show he didn't commit and spent like 10 years in jail. He had gotten his wife also convicted but let her off the hook after a few years. I guess it works to spite people, if they are the sort that will be hurt by it. But he didn't even do the crime and he fucking framed himself.

It might be surprising but I enjoyed this story, and the extra length beyond the average was used fine. And it didn't feel like it was draw by numbers, color within the lines.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Good gawd, crying over spilled milk never did anyone any good. Move on with either living or dying, but do it before you're old and gray and you realize that life has past you by.

timrivtimrivabout 6 years ago

“I don’t think so”, sounds like he’s not sure. There should be a rec. story where she gives up he job and moves to Savannah. It’sbeen Two years she is contrite, has seen a counselor and been punished. Time to see if they still love each other. He needs to put aside his ego.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
What a bunch of crap!!!

Are men realy that idiotic!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Realistic!

No wimps here!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
The one thing I don’t get

Is how she was dumb enough to go to his house after work. I can imagine she thought she was safe to do so for a short time but considering the state of her marriage I really didn’t think you wrote her that stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Just another Martian Slut Ray plot. Perfect wife and mother for decades and then, Shazaam, she's a big cock slut.

God, I hate those little green bastards!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Realistic But Terribly Dri

You wrote the outline to a really great story!

Now, for the hard part: Telling an actual story. This is a Series Of Unfortunate Events Told Poorly. Don't give up!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
Re-Reading

It hurt, but she did it a few more times, and looked pretty excited to be getting it again!

If it was just that week, it would be bad enough, but how about all the distancing and disrespect that went on before. She never even took him to the airport or said she loved him when he left.

I think I've said this before, but I liked his response to "trying something new," that she rejected all of HIS efforts to add some spark to their love life.

"did your lover convince you to fuck in our bed?" - The answer is missing, but based on the next sentence I think that the answer was "Yes."

Why would Jill never move? If Stephanie is also leaving, what's keeping her there?

"I met a counselor and she has helped me start to see problems." - It's great that she's seeing a counselor NOW, but the damage is already done. The time to see a counselor was when she started to think that she could/should cheat on her husband!

He asked if she saw Robert away from work and she lied! You can twist lunch into sort of at work, but not his coming to the house!

It doesn't matter that she didn't "do anything," she wasn't supposed to be even be TALKING to him outside of work, and was lying about seeing him.

"She always thought we would get back together." - Talk about delusional! Her marriage is hanging by a thread, and she's still seeing (if not fucking!) her lover, and lying about it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Good For Him

Dumping the slut was the right move. To bad 9" dick didn't give her HIC.

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 6 years ago
Down to earth and well written...

I liked this a lot. It got a little hokey for a little while but not bad. Now I see there is a part 2. ? Ah-oh!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Overall...

It was okay. There were times in the story that I didn't know who was speaking. Also it just seems kinda convenient to the writer that the wife kept seeing her lover. It just doesn't jive with the way she seems to care about her husband and the way you characterize her. Gave it a 3.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 6 years ago
Nice

The cheating cunt had some big balls didn't she. Going to the dickwad's house and claiming they did nothing. Our hero made the right choice and no one was killed and no one went to jail. This should satisfy the antiviolence crew. Yes, I guess this should satisfy all except the cuck cum-eaters. Yeah they won't like it. Fuck 'em. Why is there a ch. 2? I guess we'll see...

Five Stars

weathermanksweathermanksalmost 6 years ago
Bad, Bad;, Bad!

I tried to give you a one star, but it would't work. I was very disappointed and deadened by the way you ended it. The way you wrote it you had him basically drive her away to see Robert, even if nothing happened, when she wanted to work it out. If you had him be more conciliatory, they could have worked it out and she'd had no need to see Robert. You obviously had planned and wanted it to end the way it did. Very sad! You still could write another chapter, from the way you ended it, and let them get back together. It would make me feel a lot better. Oh my, I just see there is another chapter - I'm almost afraid to read it.

jharpjharpalmost 6 years ago

Honestly did he really even try to save his Marriage? He knew things were going downhill and did absolutely nothing to head it off. Dude was just very passive and let things happen rather than head things off and confront his wife on her behavior. Also, what pussy says 'please' to the guy fucking his wife!? I mean, really!? I had no respect for the guy. Had he been a bit more proactive I would have respected him. But I don't.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Why

Why did he not she Robert and the firm.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110almost 6 years ago
Both are idiots

After 25 years of marriage you would think that two people would communicate better. He seemed to revel in his misery and wrap it around him like a cloak. At her age she wanted an adventure? What did she expect. I really think that she was remorseful, but he was hell bound to end it. So 25 years down the tubes. All of it a waste. She's and idiot for cheating, and he is an idiot for being stubborn. Besides, where's the sex.

Isn't this litEROTICA? This is truly depressing story. I give it a #2 rating.

penneydog55penneydog55almost 6 years ago
Excuse Me

This Story Is Sadly Not My Cup Of Tea ( And I Don't Drink Tea )

I Would Love To Say The only reason I don't like it because they didn't get back together again?......." BUT".... I Can't.... The whole Story Sucks.... Ass Wipe Where is revenge on Him... Nothing, Nada!....Look Please Don't Let Me Ruin The Story For Others!

If I Commented before Shit Happens ★★★ WOOF!

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 5 years ago
Should have filed....

... an alienation of affection suit against both Robert and the company for allowing it to happen.

4/5 for incompleteness

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Pretty strong effort for a newbie

OK, fairly realistic anger reaction and follow through--no BTB or illegal superman antics. He was burned, he hurted and grieved, he moved on.

forsure798285forsure798285over 5 years ago
Once a cheater always a cheater

He was right to end the marriage. His wife was going to cheat again; it was only a matter of time. I went back to my first wife when she promised she would would not cheat o me again. Two months later she cheated with one of her co-worker.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Good story

He got out of the marriage, and looks like he will stay out. That's the best he can hope for. Definitely should have sued Robert and his company though. Will I read this again. I think so.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A whole

lot of whine fest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
The story sucked

The reason she had no respect for him is because he is a full grown, class A pussr. Not even any hint of a set of balls. He has decided to leave her, but continues to check up on her. Why? Fuck the bitch, He was as sad an excuse for a man as anything I have read lately. AWFUL!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Rather absurd over-extended story

Back and forth, back and forth. First how wife become a complete bitch and then all of a sudden she wants to save marriage. This seems to me like a dreamland perspective of a wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
God that was awful

it read like the author went back and inset lines here and their multiple times without bothering to edit the overall story, the guy had divorce papers prepared to be served specifically on a Monday for three weeks solid yet they somehow never got delivered

Get an editor, or wait six month after writing a story to read it and edit it yourself

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
One heartless Cunt wife

At least he had some self respect and balls to divorce the Cunt. It was a little drawn out like the writer was trying to stretch it out for no reason other then to make it longer. Could have been done in 2 pages.

cybojicybojiover 5 years ago
Tough one to review

Premise was good. Details are missing that might of helped this story out. Good effort and show talent. Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Good story

Ignore the naysayer anons. Those who can do, those who can't critique! This was as close to a real life story I have read on this site. In my humble opinion, a damn fine job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Lumbering style

There was a decent enough story but the writing was juvenile and pedantic. Try reading some decent English and compare it to your work, I'm sure you can improve.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

I'm not one the normally want reconciliation but the way this story was written, he should of got back with his wife after counciling. They obviously love each other and he's just being a melodramatic baby about it, where she was being a stupid hormonal woman.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
03/20/19 anon

a 'stupid hormonal woman'? what do you think women actually are? sub-human children in adult bodies?

men have hormonal shifts like CRAZY. but i doubt you'd be such a wimpering simp if the roles reversed and he decided to fuck some young 25 year old because 'muh hormones'. you'd prolly say some sexist shit like, 'he shoulda kept it in his pants like a man'.

and he doesn't love her anymore. that's why he left. you dumb cucks keep talking about 'male pride'. Male pride built civilization, but that's not even the issue despite you attempting to downplay our entire modern world. you think men kill other men and invent new things for a laugh? it's to procreate. no, it's not pride. it's trust. you don't abuse someone you love. you don't do it over and over. and you certainly don't continue to do it when caught. he fought for her when she was still worth it. you don't keep going back to your abusive ex. that's stupid.

how would she feel if he fucked some young slut that shit on his wife all the time? how would she handle him turning her down for love and intimacy all the time because he was getting it elsewhere. how would she feel if after catching him, he kept going back to this younger woman with all of her youthful advantages in both mind and body? what's there to fight for? her love for him would die a slow and painful death. the only thing the husband CAN love now is what his memory of her USED to be. And even that he'd have to question. that's no relationship, that's a sinking ship.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Very poor

Your writing style is terrible. Plodding and mediocre.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Good grief cry some more

I get tired of all the men_ boys really _ crying I can barely understand anger rage yes why didn't he have her file sexual harassment sue him for everything get him fired instead due nothing and let him go on with his shit

Always tell the children the truth and this is totally inexcusable behavior

Logins forgetful. Johntwheels@aol

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous