I Hate to Love You

Story Info
Xavier hated Chase. Until he didn't anymore.
945 words
4.36
7.6k
13

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 11/16/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I hate him."

Alexis rolled her eyes at her best friend, Xavier Holden. They were sitting at the food court on campus, and she wondered for the billionth time why Xavier hate Chase Rockfield. She was starting to have a clue, but she wanted to keep it to herself for now.

"Xavier. He is a good guy. He is captain of the football team, he donates blood, he gives back to the homeless, and he even started a homeless initiative to keep college students who didn't have a lot of money off the streets."

Xavier ran a hand through his dirty-blonde hair, while scowling at his best friend.

"Whose side are you on?"

"Oh, for goodness' sake. The man is practically a saint, not to mention filthy rich. Why would you even hate him? Didn't you say that he never caused any trouble as your roommate for the past two years? He doesn't even bring girls to your shared apartment!"

"No one is that good Lexi. Not all the time. Yeah, he doesn't cause any trouble, but why? Is that normal for a college student? And we are juniors. I thought I'd at least see the guy running naked back to our dorm after a night of booze and chanting ridiculous Greek alphabets all just to fit into some frat house. But none of that has happened. My journalism senses are tingling, and I think something is fishy about the guy."

It was true. They'd been roommates for over two years. From the moment Xavier moved into the dorm, and his mother had embarrassingly kissed his cheeks all while crying over him, and his dad recorded the entire horrendous scene, Chase had been there. Chase's parents, high society individuals, had dropped him off two days prior so he could get used to the university and be prepared for his classes. Instead of mocking Xavier for his parents being stereotypically embarrassing, Chase had only stood back, and when Xavier's mother noticed him, Chase introduced himself.

"Hello. I'm Chase Rockfield, your son's roommate."

Xavier knew his mother was taken aback by his appearance. Chase was impossibly tall with broad shoulders. His eyes were a striking green and they seemed to glow. His hair was coal black and close cut to his head.

He had sharp cheekbones, full lips, and his golden complexion hinted at playing some type of sport in the summer all long. Xavier's mom noticed his accent was a southern one, and when he grinned, he explained that he was, "from Tennessee ma'am." With his mother's prying Xavier found out that he was there on a football scholarship, and that Chase's father was a doctor, his mother a senator's daughter, turned professional chef.

Chase was the oldest of four siblings, and he was looking to set a good example for them. When it was also discovered that Chase would be studying psychology because he hoped to be a sports therapist one day, Xavier's mother all but adopted him.

Even his father liked Chase, and Xavier senior rarely liked anyone. Including his own son, the journalism major.

"Lexi. Are you even listening to me!" he shouted to her. The girl in question snapped her head up from her phone, before smiling sheepishly.

"I'm sorry but it's Lee. He saw the pictures I posted of myself on Instagram, and he loved them. He called me beautiful and that he was coming to pick me up at eight tonight!" she gushed. Xavier rolled his eyes before tossing a ketchup packet at her. She scowled.

"Hey! Just because you're gay and ignore me doesn't mean other guys do! I have needs! I am a woman!"

Xavier winced.

"Okay already! And don't gross me out talking about your lady-parts and what they need."

She huffed.

"You know I'm right," Alexis said smirking.

"Whatever," Xavier said instead.

It was true though. If Xavier wasn't a flaming homosexual, he would be in love with his best friend. She was a Korean foreign exchange student studying international relations. She had long chestnut brown hair that fell past her shoulders. She was small framed, with a nice hourglass shape. Her skin was traditionally pale, and her eyes were the color of amber and very expressive.

Her lips were a natural stained pink, but what made her stand out was her kindness, and sense of humor. Xavier saw the guys that were drawn to her, but he made sure to keep the jerks away. Alexis became his little sister, and to her, Xavier was like her older brother back home in Busan.

"Now, what am I supposed to be concentrating on?" Alexis asked.

Before Xavier could say anything however, Chase came strolling into the food court with his two friends heading to the panda express line. Xavier pointed.

"He's here! It was as if he knew we were talking about him, and he summoned himself."

Alexis rolled her eyes.

"He's not a demon. And he probably came to the food court because, I don't know, maybe he was hungry?"

"Why would he do that? Demons don't eat food. They eat souls," he stated casually.

Alexis gave Xavier a blank stare before she stood.

"I'm leaving. You have nothing important to say, and I want to go home, get dressed, and ready so Lee can take me out to dinner tonight. Alone," she added when it looked like Xavier would invite himself. He pouted before standing as well.

"Well, if you go somewhere good bring me back some leftovers so I can eat them for lunch tomorrow at your apartment."

Alexis leaned over and kissed his cheek.

"Goodbye Xavier. Go do some homework or watch porn."